Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:16:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Middlecoin Checker Android App  (Read 2153 times)
TutenStain (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:13:07 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 05:29:25 PM by TutenStain

Hello!

In my spare time I have been working on an Android Middlecoin application, I call it Middlecoin Checker. I have posted in the Middlecoin thread but I got a great suggestion from someone that thought that it deserved an own thread so here it is. Much appreciated!

Features:
*Multiple addresses support
*Fast search for adresses by typing any part of it
*Shows Coinbase BTC Price
*Widget with multiple addresses support
*Possible to auto update the widget at set intervals, every 5 min to 2 hours.
*Low bandwith usage. Widget updates are less then 0.5kb for each address. Upon the first start of the application it will download a larger file once (a database for the search)
*Pool statistics
*Clean interface

The app will always be free, without ads.

This app should work from Android version 3.0 and up.

Would love some feedback to make the app even better for both you and me   Smiley
If people are interested I might put it on the Play Store Smiley

Thanks!

Some screenshots of current release:

http://i40.tinypic.com/x0xnb6.png

http://i42.tinypic.com/2qa09zq.png

http://i40.tinypic.com/9pmeio.png

http://i43.tinypic.com/28ist9i.png

An uppdated version is now published on Google Play!
Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.barnabassapan.middlecoinchecker&hl=en

Download older versions:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/n872fj
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gy7zdt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gerbill

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 04:14:01 PM

wow! seems cool. will try it out!
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:15:26 PM

Very cool, trying it out now!
TutenStain (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:28:51 PM

Thanks all! Please keep reporting those bugs (if you find any)! Cheesy
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:34:42 PM

Nice app, with the best interface for sure!
I think you should consider adding graphs and putting the app on the play store.
Thanks!

rahrahrah

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:55:04 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 11:12:31 PM by rahrahrah

Great work, thank you!  Cheesy Definitely the best interface. I suggested to the developer of "middlecoin watcher" that he use this standardised Android layout but he ignored, so here I am Wink Would love to see alternative currency support (personally I'm from the UK but I do like to see *both* USD and GBP rates).

Edit: an idea to show multiple currencies without massively increasing screen space. Allow the user to select your supported currencies and display like followed:

Value in USD (based on current BTC price):
Coinbase Current BTC Price: $820.30 | £XXX.XX | €XXX.XX

So essentially adding a space, pipe, space then currency and value for each currency the user wishes to display. Just a thought Smiley

VTC: VxNWL9jDRvEcCT48vqQkLxckREUafYowVu
SMC: SYLjkCM63iJyYpoz14dJcq27tEfw6r9w6m
TutenStain (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:26:23 PM

Nice app, with the best interface for sure!
I think you should consider adding graphs and putting the app on the play store.
Thanks!

Thanks for the support! Trying out some sort of history for pool statistics in the database now, do not know how it will turn out yet. Will look into graphs. Good suggestion Smiley

Great work, thank you!  Cheesy Definitely the best interface. I suggested to the developer of "middlecoin watcher" that he use this standardised Android layout but he ignored, so here I am Wink Would love to see alternative currency support (personally I'm from the UK but I do like to see *both* USD and GBP rates).

Edit: an idea to show multiple currencies without massively increasing screen space. Allow the user to select your supported currencies and display like followed:

Value in USD (based on current BTC price):
Coinbase Current BTC Price: $820.30 | £XXX.XX | €XXX.XX

So essentially adding a space, pipe, space then currency and value for each currency the user wishes to display. Just a thought Smiley

I also like the Android layout Smiley That is also a very good suggestion! As you said that will conserv screen space while providing flexibility, great! Will be uploading a new version soon with some small fixes and a working pool statistic view as the one I upploaded earlier seemed to not update itself, which is fixed now in this release. Also added an option when creating a widget to disable automatic update if wanted. Small crash fix also for the settings view.

Going to sleep now here but will try to work on it tomorrow. Thanks Smiley
TutenStain (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:28:35 PM

Just published a new version of the app to Google Play! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.barnabassapan.middlecoinchecker&hl=en
If you find any bugs, or have any suggestion feel free to tell Smiley
rahrahrah

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:22:49 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 11:33:26 PM by rahrahrah

I was just about to reinstall this on my new phone and thought I'd check for updates. Great I can now do it from Google Play Smiley Also got my dad to install it haha

VTC: VxNWL9jDRvEcCT48vqQkLxckREUafYowVu
SMC: SYLjkCM63iJyYpoz14dJcq27tEfw6r9w6m
TutenStain (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:42:49 PM

I was just about to reinstall this on my new phone and thought I'd check for updates. Great I can now do it from Google Play Smiley Also got my dad to install it haha

Great that you wanted to reinstall it Cheesy Hahaha that is great! Workin on a resizable widget now and hunting for bugs in the application Cheesy
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:05:36 AM

Conversion to euro and a graph (just the one from coingeek is fine) would me it perfect Smiley

TutenStain (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:14:27 AM

Conversion to euro and a graph (just the one from coingeek is fine) would me it perfect Smiley

Euro will be in the next release. I have yet to figure out how to best implement graphs. Where should I put it in the application? Smiley
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:23:26 AM

Euro will be in the next release. I have yet to figure out how to best implement graphs. Where should I put it in the application? Smiley

you could add a graph button on the addresses, or add it just below.
simplest way is using a webview on the graph url.

TutenStain (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:03:18 PM

you could add a graph button on the addresses, or add it just below.
simplest way is using a webview on the graph url.

Just published a new version with graph support. Should be in the Play Store in a few hours. Would appreciate comments Smiley
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:22:59 AM

thanks very much! that's exactly what I wished for.
just a quick though: I'm not convinced of the forced landscape rotation of the screen; I'd like to switch orientation myself.
another couple of little ideas:

- add rejected share percentage
- get rid of amounts with exponent (e.g. 4.045E-4)
- add BTC/MH/s for the last hour or day

thanks again for the fine application!

TutenStain (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:40:55 PM

thanks very much! that's exactly what I wished for.
just a quick though: I'm not convinced of the forced landscape rotation of the screen; I'd like to switch orientation myself.
another couple of little ideas:

thanks again for the fine application!

I can see what you mean with the forced landscape rotation. How would you suggest it instead? Would it be better if it started in normal portrait mode with the ability to autorotate the screen if the phone is in landscape?

These are all good suggestion. Thanks for the feedback!
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:05:55 PM

I can see what you mean with the forced landscape rotation. How would you suggest it instead? Would it be better if it started in normal portrait mode with the ability to autorotate the screen if the phone is in landscape?

yes, I'd leave it as automatic, so user can choose.
thanks!

TutenStain (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:08:37 PM

yes, I'd leave it as automatic, so user can choose.
thanks!

Great! Will include a setting to choose between how it is now and rotation based on the screen orientation.
csf3lih

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:29:54 AM

Hi, I was using 1.0 and since it's not updating anymore I upgraded to the latest 1.22 yesterday.
It says "address not found, please rebuild search database" when I tried to add my address either by scaning QR or typing.

And the problem remains after I rebuild search database from setting.  Huh

TutenStain (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:37:09 PM

Hi, I was using 1.0 and since it's not updating anymore I upgraded to the latest 1.22 yesterday.
It says "address not found, please rebuild search database" when I tried to add my address either by scaning QR or typing.

And the problem remains after I rebuild search database from setting.  Huh

Hi!

Yeah I stopped the service that was providing updates to the app version 1.0 as it ran on my own computer while the newer versions now fetch data from a dedicated server Smiley

Sorry for late response, I have hade a busy week and Its nearing the end of the study period in school. If it have not resolved itself yet try to uninstall the app and reinstall it again. If that does not work either I will have a closer look at it. Next update will probably include address notification if a address goes belows a specific threshold.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: