Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:53:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast Sierra's Owners Thread  (Read 23753 times)
winit

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:01:46 AM

I opened up the case on the non powering machine and found that the yellow / black connector on the top board was not seated, in fact it's retaining clip was pushed into the top of the neighbouring cap with a dent.

I have managed to seat it correctly but a little concerned about powering it if the cap is damaged?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
winit

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:00:59 PM

Finally updated the firmware on all machines, looking a tiny bit more powerful than before.

The unit which wouldn't power is now fine.

The unit with the LIBUSB error is still the same after firmware upgrade so looks like that machine isnt going to play ball at all.

I took the lid off and see that the board revision is 1.0 where as the other machine is 1.2.

I've no idea what to unplug / leave plugged to test each board individually.
kevin911

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:08:44 AM

anyone else from batch 2 received their sierra order yet?
bkminer

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:01:22 PM

It seems HashFast has stopped shipping all together.... and I don't think they're processing "refunds" for people who paid in USD.
aasl

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:05:39 PM

shouldn't hf test the devices before shipping? the fault rate seems so high! and I wonder how long the RMA takes?

We do test the devices before shipping.  But vendor implementation of the USB spec varies.  If your laptop doesn't work, try your desktop.

A high quality PCIE/PCI USB adapter often helps.

If the boards are having trouble running in a chain, try running one or two independently and isolating the problematic board on its own USB and cgminer instance.

Always use the latest firmware (0.4) and cgminer (4.1.0).

Wow! Thanks for the official reply!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
winit

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:33:26 AM

Please detail what I should disconnect to isolate a single board to try and determine which is giving me the LIBUSB error.

Nearly a week has passed and not one response to my emails to hashfast regarding my faulty units.

HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 09:59:06 AM

Please detail what I should disconnect to isolate a single board to try and determine which is giving me the LIBUSB error.

Nearly a week has passed and not one response to my emails to hashfast regarding my faulty units.

Use the latest cgminer and firmware.  Run at 550Mhz when troubleshooting.

Take pictures of the original config before you change anything so you can put it back.

The ribbon cable is used to link the chain.

Disconnect all the ribbon cables to isolate a board.

Use two PCIE power cables from the same PSU for an isolated board.

Connect the power cable (white connector) from the board to its PSU, if it is not already.

Connect the USB cable (black connector) to the board, but make sure the thick black wire is closest to the ASIC (red wire farthest from ASIC).

Try running the boards in pairs (sets of two).  If that works, add the third back in.  Some boards don't like to the be the master (first board in chain) so try boards in different orders.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
kevin911

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:22:14 PM

It seems HashFast has stopped shipping all together.... and I don't think they're processing "refunds" for people who paid in USD.

they seem to have processed some orders, winit was order 2211 but yet he's got his, i'm order 2434 & still waiting for mine.
Has anyone else with a higher order than 2211 received their order yet or some notification that is even being dispatched?
this isn't a rhetorical question, i'm actually asking all members reading this if they can throw some light on this subject and let us know whats going on as hashfast is giving us nothing. we need to work together here.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:25:05 PM

they seem to have processed some orders, winit was order 2211 but yet he's got his, i'm order 2434 & still waiting for mine.
Has anyone else with a higher order than 2211 received their order yet or some notification that is even being dispatched?
this isn't a rhetorical question, i'm actually asking all members reading this if they can throw some light on this subject and let us know whats going on as hashfast is giving us nothing. we need to work together here.

I have order 23xx and I am also still waiting...

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
winit

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:30:15 AM

Take pictures of the original config before you change anything so you can put it back.

Connect the power cable (white connector) from the board to its PSU, if it is not already.

Connect the USB cable (black connector) to the board, but make sure the thick black wire is closest to the ASIC (red wire farthest from ASIC).

Try running the boards in pairs (sets of two).  If that works, add the third back in.  Some boards don't like to the be the master (first board in chain) so try boards in different orders.

Thanks for the response, any chance of having an email response to my tech support emails regarding my dead machines. Your auto reply claims reply within 1 business day... I count 4 with no reply... simply adding to the damages you have caused being several months late in delivering my order.
bkminer

Activity: 216

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:16:05 AM

My question to HashFast_CL is, will Batch 3 Sierra customers ever see their Sierras? By May 31st? June 31st? I'm doubting that it will be March 31st because I haven't even gotten the address confirmation email....

winit

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:16:38 AM

Can you provide a step by step guide to isolating a board because I dont want to start taking this expensive machine apart to end up being told that it was my fault it now doesnt work.

1 machine simply throws the LIBUSB error from startup the other runs for a minute and then throws 'No valid hashes for 22 seconds, shutting down thread.

Both are running the latest frimware and CGminer

Two very expensive machines not working for a week and no response to my emails. I appreciate you have responded here but to be honest expect much more from you. These machines should be on their way back to you to be replaced.
kevin911

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:18:26 AM

this is from a different thread :-

They don't even return my emails.

I have an order about 100 below that (21XX). Nothing shipped. No notifications whatsoever.

so much for them following the order chain.
how come winit got his/hers first?
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:22:06 AM

this is from a different thread :-

They don't even return my emails.

I have an order about 100 below that (21XX). Nothing shipped. No notifications whatsoever.

so much for them following the order chain.
how come winit got his/hers first?

I think it could be order of payment...

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 12:52:25 PM

New version of cgminer out, 4.2.0 with an important memory leak fix for hashfast devices and now solo mining support.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
kevin911

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:25:03 AM

2 weeks without a word from hashfast.
anyone got any news on whats going on?
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:05:50 AM

2 weeks? You mean 7 weeks without any shipping
kevin911

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:29:17 AM

2 weeks? You mean 7 weeks without any shipping

its been less than 7 weeks since winit got his order
Order 2211
« Sent to: kevin911 on: February 16, 2014, 02:32:40 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete 
Hi Kevin,

Order 2211 - 9 X Sierra - no deliver, no tracking, no address confirmation email, no response to phone calls or emails.

Extremely unimpressed.

It appears you have proven that order numbers higher than mine have been delivered, can you provide me further details of this?

and now he's asking for advice about his order?
so there HAS been shipphing in the last 7 weeks. just not to most.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:28:44 PM

Order 2211

So one shipment has gone out to a regular customer not icedrill

Sorry but under "shipping" I mean getting CIARA to pump out 500 units / day to fulfill all those BBJet MPP obligations and the Upgrade kits that should have shipped out before the Sierra's come into play.

So winit got 9 Sierra units, I'm sure that is something that slipped through and was not planned. Those units should have been going to Icedrill to resolve their 60 RMA units. Hashfasts lawyer will not be pleased about this.

And no other shipped Sierra systems have been confirmed, other than the unit Gateway got
kevin911

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:41:17 AM

Order 2211

So one shipment has gone out to a regular customer not icedrill

Sorry but under "shipping" I mean getting CIARA to pump out 500 units / day to fulfill all those BBJet MPP obligations and the Upgrade kits that should have shipped out before the Sierra's come into play.

So winit got 9 Sierra units, I'm sure that is something that slipped through and was not planned. Those units should have been going to Icedrill to resolve their 60 RMA units. Hashfasts lawyer will not be pleased about this.

And no other shipped Sierra systems have been confirmed, other than the unit Gateway got

ok, i got an email from hashfast saying they are shipping end of this month beginning of next month. noot that hashfast can be taken for what they write, do you happen to know any more info as to when we could possibly be seeing our orders?
any info is much appreciated.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: