Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:50:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: January 31st, the Downfall of Bitcoin  (Read 12731 times)
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:16:17 AM

I've got news for you: 85% of bitcoin users are nerds. They are loners and will avoid any form of conflict in real life. When the governments of their countries start imposing strict laws against bitcoins, they will cash out as soon as possible. Because that's who and how they are; ''law abiding citizens.''

Your misinformation is astounding.  Listen sometime to what Andreas Anotonopoulos has said about his experiences in 3rd world countries, south america, et al, and the revolutionary role Bitcoin is about to play in places where the vast majority of individuals are unbanked, underbanked, or oppressed by corrupt governments.  While Bitcoin may be a neat new payment method in the USA, its becoming matter of life and death to many people around the world.  Those individuals who get dragged out of their homes and tortured for supporting things like Bitcoin.  And yet they still do it.  You truly don't have any idea what is going on around the world right now pertaining to Bitcoin, and what types of people are beginning to look to it for salvation from poverty and oppression.

I have more news for you: bitcoin might be backed by 'its limited supply', but do you know what is backing the USD?
This is what backs the USD, Yuan, and other powerful currencies:

Here's some more news for you:   The United States and China are not the only countries in the world.

-B-

If you want to introduce bitcoin in poor countries, the prices needs to crash. They can't even afford a computer, let alone a fucking digital code worth 3 full year salaries!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:17:54 AM

If you want to introduce bitcoin in poor countries, the prices needs to crash. They can't even afford a computer, let alone a fucking digital code worth 3 full year salaries!

They can't afford a few satoshis?

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:23:17 AM

Bitcoin looks like a total scam to them.. trust me, I recently visited Kenya and asked a few middle class locals over there on their thoughts on bitcoin. I sincerely doubt that bitcoin will take off in the developing world even though it is supposedly designed to help them.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:38:00 AM

Yes, fiat currencies are backed by guns. We who invest in Bitcoin are risking our money in order to have a currency NOT backed by guns. We are only risking our money. Many, many others have risked and given their lives for the hope of freedom. You may be underestimating what a powerful force the love of freedom is. This may not be rational, but it is very very real. Bet against it at your peril.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
aenemic

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:54:13 AM

I´d rather be on the Bitcoin side of that showdown that on the fascist imperialist side.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:59:40 AM

Yes, fiat currencies are backed by guns. We who invest in Bitcoin are risking our money in order to have a currency NOT backed by guns. We are only risking our money. Many, many others have risked and given their lives for the hope of freedom. You may be underestimating what a powerful force the love of freedom is. This may not be rational, but it is very very real. Bet against it at your peril.

Divided Guns vs the Greater Consensus. who will win?

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:02:19 AM

Bitcoin looks like a total scam to them.. trust me, I recently visited Kenya and asked a few middle class locals over there on their thoughts on bitcoin. I sincerely doubt that bitcoin will take off in the developing world even though it is supposedly designed to help them.

So a couple of people represent the entire developing world?! This is the kinda myopic thinking that dominates this forum.
ComCle

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:18:01 PM

Yes, fiat currencies are backed by guns.

Guns are backed by fiat. No fiat --> No gun  Wink

History has shown that war needs a lot of money.
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:49:25 PM

I needed to calm down. I seriously almost flushed my hamster down the toilet. I feel really bad for even thinking about it.

Hahaha!, OMG, I almost fell off my chair.

What's your hamster's name?

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
TooCasual

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

You can't be Serious?!?

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:05:58 PM

Bitcoin's final days!

Countdown has already begun!

We are the true voice of the people, but our voice is being oppressed by the bitcoin extremists & the pro-bitcoin propaganda being spread by the Bitcoin Foundation owned media!

We are trying to prevent you from losing money!

SELL YOUR BITCOINS BEFORE THE CRYING HAS BEGUN!

All this doom and gloom... reminds me of "That Guy" which has the sign saying Armageddon is upon us.  Repent now or die a fiery death.  Seems he's prepared... as he sold his home and possessions.  HAHA.  All I tell him when I walk by is "Good Luck with that..." and toss him 2 bits.

And yes, Proudhon you too are the torch bearer.. albeit in disguise Cheesy

TC
zachcope

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:13:53 PM

lol, obviously more people after cheap coins.

If they were not, they would be doing something more interesting with their time and not be on a Bitcoin forum posting negative news.  Roll Eyes

I am posting this because I am tired of the bitcoin-propaganda. Only positive bitcoin news is allowed on most bitcoin forums, which creates a biased view on cryptocurrencies in general.

I am posting this because I want to warn everyone for the dangers of bitcoin.

A lot of regular Joe's have entered the market because they are blinded by the ''possibilities''. They want to become a millionaire overnight. The fact that there are hundreds of altcoins proves this. Everyone wants a piece of the cake. But there is no cake. There are no possibilities to become rich overnight. The cryptocurrency game is played by powerful men, institutions.

Everyone is posting crap like ''bitcoin will take over the world, it is more valuable and reliable than the USD because it is backed by its limited supply of 21 million coins.''

I've got news for you: 85% of bitcoin users are nerds. They are loners and will avoid any form of conflict in real life. When the governments of their countries start imposing strict laws against bitcoins, they will cash out as soon as possible. Because that's who and how they are; ''law abiding citizens.''

I have more news for you: bitcoin might be backed by 'its limited supply', but do you know what is backing the USD?

This is what backs the USD, Yuan, and other powerful currencies:

----

GET IT NOW?!

If you had a lesbian girlfriend you wouldn't have to impress her with your big cock substitutes and could get on with HODLing bitcoin.

nwbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 06:03:27 PM

Another bull in a bear suit who wants you to sell him your coins at a discount.

can some artist please draw a picture of this so that we can just paste the pic in for each one of these threads. Grin

Found this!

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
loopgate88

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:00:24 AM

One of the best posts I have read in the entire forum.
Starbound

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:03:03 AM

Kenyans? Dude, you should have asked Nigerians. They are the real authority on scams!
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:30:29 AM

Yeah, I'm still surprised how people like OP & friends underestimate how many bitcoiners are Tru Beliebers. Every time there is some news about banks suspending cash transfers, governments implementing capital controls or looting pension funds... another fiat whale starts thinking long and hard about Bitcoin....

Mark my words, the next European country to pull off a haircut will see Bitcoin increase another tenfold. They know this, and they won't be able to avoid the haircut for long...
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:13:26 AM

winter is coming
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:19:48 AM

winter is coming

Vague, enigmatic bear prediction?

Ok, I'll bite

AFTER WINTER COMES SUMMER
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:44:10 AM

Divided Guns vs the Greater Consensus. who will win?

„We are literally in a race between our ability to build and deploy technology, and their ability to build and deploy laws and treaties. Neither side is likely to back down or wise up until it has definitively lost the race.“

John Gilmore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypherpunk

http://www.activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:34:05 PM

I needed to calm down. I seriously almost flushed my hamster down the toilet. I feel really bad for even thinking about it.

Hahaha!, OMG, I almost fell off my chair.

What's your hamster's name?

His name is Milton. And I think my hamster is gay because I bought him a female hamster, but they never made babies.
I bought another random hamster, which turned out to be a male, and Milton got along very well with him.

Freaking hamsters. Next thing you know they are demonstrating for same-sex marriages. Where is this going people, WHERE IS THIS GOING?
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:03:31 PM

Someone please post a bitcoin address where I can send my coins to be destroyed. I want to dump these things quick before my home is obliterated by tanks and missles. I just heard an airplane pass overhead and I'm sure they're looking for me. Thanks for the warning OP.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: