Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 02:42:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465571 times)
Kurvanga

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:45:35 AM

Do wafflepool users are having issues with hashrate and some disconects?

I am asking here because the rig i rented was working pretty normal at one pool but started crazy with wafflepool.

its located in us west and i am using the uswest url from waffle.

Got exactly same impression, and i was mining for more than 8 hours and few more hours days before that, my account holds now 0.00127608 btc, I know someone will say bad luck.... But this is faaaar way beyond what your stats are showing, for instance same day I was mining less than 8h on clevermining and my acc balance is 0.00271781 from 22mh/s device. Waffle pool was showing 220% of ltc profitability clevermining was shwoing 139% while i was mining on each of the servers. How do you explain that? Poor hashing efficiency on waffle is my case too. Difficulty set as adviced to 8192. Any smart and logical explanation to those numbers? If u check it fast enough http://wafflepool.com/miner/1NhQ95rvsAz7W3gcAfXJNM6yf95uJyvR6S vs clevermining http://www.clevermining.com/users/1NhQ95rvsAz7W3gcAfXJNM6yf95uJyvR6S.
kaisersolo

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:22:44 AM

Wafflepool Seems to be saying one thing the day before a and then something less the next day. This Has happened to me tree times over the last 5 days. Went to be last night an d it said I had just over 0.004. Log in today some 8 Hours after and it says 0.0039. This has happened three times
Kurvanga

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:54:27 AM

Wafflepool Seems to be saying one thing the day before a and then something less the next day. This Has happened to me tree times over the last 5 days. Went to be last night an d it said I had just over 0.004. Log in today some 8 Hours after and it says 0.0039. This has happened three times

I know why this happens it's because some coins need more timje to become mature and by them the exchange rate changes this is understandable, but my case? I 'm not a sceptic but i can't find good explanation for this, so I would like to hear some smart words from server developers.
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:40:21 PM

In unconfirmed and unexchanged balances?  Of course it changes - it's unconfirmed or unexchanged, and blocks will be orphaned or exchange rates will fluxcuate.  Are you really complaining about a 2.5% decrease in an estimated value?

Waffle pool was showing 220% of ltc profitability clevermining was shwoing 139% while i was mining on each of the servers. How do you explain that? Poor hashing efficiency on waffle is my case too. Difficulty set as adviced to 8192. Any smart and logical explanation to those numbers?
Historical profitability is not an indication of future performance...  If waffle is reporting 220% LTC profitability, that is historical data and isn't necessarily what you will earn if you mine for the rest of the day.  If you don't mine for at least several days, you shouldn't expect things to average out reasonably.

Difficulty is also totally irrelevant to realized profitability.
ryukamiho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:07:33 PM

Doesn't matter where i rent the rig. Always gettinig instable hashrates. its a shame to be honest.

Tried a rig from EU and one from US east but still no good hashs.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:28:43 PM

Doesn't matter where i rent the rig. Always gettinig instable hashrates. its a shame to be honest.

"Unstable hashrate" - what do you mean by that?

Do you mean the reported hashrate on wafflepool's stats page fluctuates a lot?

How much hashing power are you talking about, and what difficulty setting are you using?

Please provide a lot more information - I can't gleen anything useful from what you have posted so far.
poolwaffle (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:05:00 PM

In unconfirmed and unexchanged balances?  Of course it changes - it's unconfirmed or unexchanged, and blocks will be orphaned or exchange rates will fluxcuate.  Are you really complaining about a 2.5% decrease in an estimated value?
This is also exacerbated by an unfortunate set of coins that were mined.  One of our hidden coins had a reasonably low difficulty (thus high profitability) so we mined it pretty hard.  Unfortunately, it doesn't adjust difficulty every block like most recent coins do, but makes an adjustment every few hundred blocks.  Once the difficulty adjusted (with us mining included), it became unprofitable, so we moved away, and now, blocks that should ideally be taking ~1 minute to find, are taking upwards of an hour to find (extremely high difficulty, extremely low profitability = no one mining).  So we have a decent amount of coins that are taking a very long time to finish maturing/exchanging, and are affect the graphs pretty heavily (you can see all the price swings in the graph pretty easily).

They should be getting out of there in the next couple days, but short of just removing them from the graphs, there isn't much we can do about them.  We have protections in to prevent this from happening in the future as well (this is the first time we've had this type of problem).

Waffle pool was showing 220% of ltc profitability clevermining was shwoing 139% while i was mining on each of the servers. How do you explain that? Poor hashing efficiency on waffle is my case too. Difficulty set as adviced to 8192. Any smart and logical explanation to those numbers?
Historical profitability is not an indication of future performance...  If waffle is reporting 220% LTC profitability, that is historical data and isn't necessarily what you will earn if you mine for the rest of the day.  If you don't mine for at least several days, you shouldn't expect things to average out reasonably.

Can you elaborate at all on this?  I scan through here and through my emails pretty often, and this is the first complaint I've seen about it.  Hashrate on the site hasn't changed much (if I pushed out code that caused the low efficiency, would normally see a hashrate drop associated with it).  But we did change the stratum servers a week or so ago to work with merged mining, so its possible its only happening with certain miners.  As always, more info is better than less Smiley
Kurvanga

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:36:45 AM

This is also exacerbated by an unfortunate set of coins that were mined.  One of our hidden coins had a reasonably low difficulty (thus high profitability) so we mined it pretty hard.  Unfortunately, it doesn't adjust difficulty every block like most recent coins do, but makes an adjustment every few hundred blocks.  Once the difficulty adjusted (with us mining included), it became unprofitable, so we moved away, and now, blocks that should ideally be taking ~1 minute to find, are taking upwards of an hour to find (extremely high difficulty, extremely low profitability = no one mining).  So we have a decent amount of coins that are taking a very long time to finish maturing/exchanging, and are affect the graphs pretty heavily (you can see all the price swings in the graph pretty easily).

They should be getting out of there in the next couple days, but short of just removing them from the graphs, there isn't much we can do about them.  We have protections in to prevent this from happening in the future as well (this is the first time we've had this type of problem).

Can you elaborate at all on this?  I scan through here and through my emails pretty often, and this is the first complaint I've seen about it.  Hashrate on the site hasn't changed much (if I pushed out code that caused the low efficiency, would normally see a hashrate drop associated with it).  But we did change the stratum servers a week or so ago to work with merged mining, so its possible its only happening with certain miners.  As always, more info is better than less Smiley

My device is Zeusminer thunder x2, a way to observe this relatively objective (i think, since the graph on waffles's web page looks same whether i mine thorugh rentals or directly) is when i'm mining through miningrigrentals i can see same graph for different pools. Below u have screenshots and i think i don't have to describe which one is wafflepool.

https://i.imgur.com/urMEU78.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/JbUn7D4.jpg?1

Someone above said 2.5% is not much... if u spent a lot of money on a device that is barely earning for the ellectricity every thing counts, if i hear such words i can see 15 y old boy mining with dadas computer, for dads money...
ryukamiho

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:06:46 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 01:23:47 PM by ryukamiho

"Unstable hashrate" - what do you mean by that?

Do you mean the reported hashrate on wafflepool's stats page fluctuates a lot?

How much hashing power are you talking about, and what difficulty setting are you using?

Please provide a lot more information - I can't gleen anything useful from what you have posted so far.

I am quotting Kurvang hashrate as example.

Check his second graph if i use the same righ in another pool the rates would be better.

Just today i had bought a 8 mh/s rig for 6 hours and only earned 0.00000100 .... something is very wrong with it.

check it Stats for 1LXh74pXQ94wpFF3QC3H6VSk32mbVGCrHe  poolwaffle and tell me what went wrong for 6 hours playing with 8 mh/s and earned me the amount i can get in a faucet D=.

Every difficulty i am using its always the recomended at Faq.

From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
chasmacd

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:11:36 PM

Getting loads of Job Not Found errors on my miners and WafflepoolMonitor shows 2x Hashrate?  I had to move to another pool Sad  I prefer WafflePool for mining but with the low coin prices and high cost of electricity I had to go where mining is stable.  Anyone else having the same problem?
willrain

Activity: 190

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:25:49 PM

same shit

coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:57:36 PM

Also went away for now. Clevermining seems to be more consistent at the moment.
wafflepool, what's up with your Scrypt-mining?

woytas

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:24:22 PM

Getting loads of Job Not Found errors on my miners and WafflepoolMonitor shows 2x Hashrate?  I had to move to another pool Sad  I prefer WafflePool for mining but with the low coin prices and high cost of electricity I had to go where mining is stable.  Anyone else having the same problem?

got the same on X11 pool (30% reject due to job not found) but on n-script all is fine
aubuc

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:15:50 PM

got the same on X11 pool (30% reject due to job not found) but on n-script all is fine

Same here: 25 - 30 % rejected on X11
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:12:17 PM

Rejects should be fixed.  We had some issues with one of our hosts (first time we've had a host issue) where connections to the network from EU and (only one of) USEast servers would keep dropping, so the coindaemons were getting out of sync and causing some issues.  Everything should be fixed, and I'm really sorry for the degraded performance.
aubuc

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:19:06 PM

Rejects should be fixed.  We had some issues with one of our hosts (first time we've had a host issue) where connections to the network from EU and (only one of) USEast servers would keep dropping, so the coindaemons were getting out of sync and causing some issues.  Everything should be fixed, and I'm really sorry for the degraded performance.

Yes. x11 runs smooth now.

Thanks !!
chasmacd

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:30:45 PM

Rejects should be fixed.  We had some issues with one of our hosts (first time we've had a host issue) where connections to the network from EU and (only one of) USEast servers would keep dropping, so the coindaemons were getting out of sync and causing some issues.  Everything should be fixed, and I'm really sorry for the degraded performance.
Looks like it's fixed now....rejects back to a "normal" level now.
Thanks PoolWaffle we do appreciate all your hard work behind the scenes Smiley
ryukamiho

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:54:17 PM

And about my 6 hours with 8,5 mh/s earning me 0.0000001?

Should i have lost that?

If yes its a good time to look for another pool.

poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:25:31 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 07:49:11 PM by poolwaffle

Rejects should be fixed.  We had some issues with one of our hosts (first time we've had a host issue) where connections to the network from EU and (only one of) USEast servers would keep dropping, so the coindaemons were getting out of sync and causing some issues.  Everything should be fixed, and I'm really sorry for the degraded performance.

And about my 6 hours with 8,5 mh/s earning me 0.0000001?

Should i have lost that?

If yes its a good time to look for another pool.

Things happen, the same with literally any pool, if you pick the perfect 6hr period (which, this is the first we've had stratum problems like this in probably 3-4 months) then yes, stats can look pretty bad.  Sorry you feel that its time for a new pool, but I do wish you the best of luck there.
ryukamiho

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:12:01 PM

according with the statistic i have sended a media of 5 mh/s during 6 hours (that is excluding the hashrate rejected).

if the server have accepted the hash where are my coins?

can you please look at it?

http://wafflepool.com/miner/1LXh74pXQ94wpFF3QC3H6VSk32mbVGCrHe

Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: