Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:42:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Noble Prize Winner who predicted Housing Bubble: Bitcoin is a bubble for sure!  (Read 5675 times)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:06:16 PM

And for me the beauty of the bitcoin was to solve in elegant way the "consensus problem" in a distributed system ... that was a stroke of genius
And what happens to be if the next "stroke of genius" happens to be Proof-of-useful-work?
The internet is well and alive, Usenet fairly deserted and the Gopher protocol replaced some wierd little startup called Google. Nowadays the only part of the internet that most people know is the web. Well, "Web 2.0" as they call it.
"I tell ye, back in the days, it was madness. We were just wasting leccy on solving stupid crypto puzzles. And now? The CureForCancerCoin has already found treatments for 37 different variaties of cancer. Thanks to the SearchForFTLCoin the communication to mars takes less than a second. We used to have higher latency between Australia and the States often enough back then. Ah ye, CryptoCurrencies 1.0, what a waste. But we used to love em anyway."
I predict, based on my own personal feeling and opinion, that the alt coins you mentioned will totally fail.  You can take that to the bank.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rogerwilco

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:38:17 AM

My God, you're right! I've run my own independent analysis, and have obtained eerily similar results:

Oh wait, never mind, I seem to have gathered outdated information.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:48:02 AM

The  Nobel Laureate in Economics is a big joke.

You must, absolutely must buy into the bullshit fabrication known as contemporary monetary policy to get award this award.  It is not awarded to anyone who sees things at all differently.  (At least as far as I know, can't say I studied it much, pls correct me if I'm wrong).

As bitcoin is in many ways different than the prevailing popular believes in economics, of course a Nobel Laurete is likely to be opposed to it. This doesn't seem very surprising to me.  Besides, many of these baby boomers probably just mastered the science of sending an email, I don't think they are even capable of understanding how bitcoin even works, it's probably as far-fetched as traveling faster than light to them.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Bitbuy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:02:52 AM

Aren't these the same guys who caused the financial crash in the first place??
Must be hard for them not having control..
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:34:16 AM

Bitcoin is currently in the ''return to normal/euphoria's last gasp'' phase.

I think people posted this chart in 2010 the first time, when Bitcoin crashed from 50Cent to 20Cent. When did Bitcoin reach the phase "new paradigma"?

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:51:55 AM

There is no nobel price for economics.. there is only a price sponsored by a huge bank in sweden named after nobel

1. You are correct, there has never been a "nobel price" for economics, only a price "in memory of Alfred Nobel". The reason is that Nobel himself didn't think the field of economics was WORTHY of any price. Seeing the current state of economic theory it's hard not to agree with him.

2. If it WAS a Nobel price it still wouldn't mean anything. It just someone somewhere decided to give you some money. See some of the recent "peace price" awards for examples (Obama and the EU!? Really?). People put way too much emphasis on being "accepted" by authority.

3. Getting the price is no proof you're not a blithering idiot, see Paul Krugman.

4. Even if Shiller's price was legitimate, it doesn't mean he'll be correct about everything he'll ever says. Smart people are frequently wrong, as proven by the fact that smart people frequently DISAGREE about almost everything. They can't all be right.

It's prize, damn it. You americans totally forgot engrish by now.

I was always told there was a price for everything
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 10:19:39 AM

So how far does the price have to drop before this is officially a bubble pop and not a normal market correction? The previous ATH of $260? more?

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:05:19 PM

If mainstream media (including RT) wasn't hating on bitcoin I would be suspicious.

+1

IF Obama suggested everyone to start investing into bitcoin I'd be definitely reaching for my tinfoil hat paper wallet.

ftfm

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:09:50 PM

muahaha, awesome! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

* molecular makes mental note to search for "bubble stages chart answer pic bookmark"

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: