Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:10:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Removed.  (Read 9202 times)
Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:40:54 AM

Again, its all about volume. Doge has it. I think a more realistic short term goal would be 1 penny per doge.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:52:52 AM

Again, its all about volume. Doge has it. I think a more realistic short term goal would be 1 penny per doge.

Some one being realistic finally the amount of people thinking they are going to become millionaires in the next week because of doge is unreal.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
frank754

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:53:25 AM

Looks like DOGE is rising solidly again tonight, up to $0.0015 USD - I have over $150 worth. I you were me, would you sell them (for BTC) if this new peak hits a top point vs BTC in the next hours or day(s), or keep holding for bigger and better times? I'm debating whether holding them will be better in the long run than holding BTC in the long run, as Bitcoin seems stagnant lately. I'm mining over 15k DOGE's a day, as it's usually at the top spot on coinwarz.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:59:20 AM

Looks like DOGE is rising solidly again tonight, up to $0.0015 USD - I have over $150 worth. I you were me, would you sell them (for BTC) if this new peak hits a top point vs BTC in the next hours or day(s), or keep holding for bigger and better times? I'm debating whether holding them will be better in the long run than holding BTC in the long run, as Bitcoin seems stagnant lately. I'm mining over 15k DOGE's a day, as it's usually at the top spot on coinwarz.

I wouldn't if I was you but if you don't like taking risks then sell but I think doge will go higher than that.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:02:00 AM

But why listen, it's easier to just keep sitting around mining and hoping that the magic altcoin fairy will just drive your chosen coin/s up to stratospheric highs and then you can all retire, right?

It actually is easier. Mining and selling has time and time again been by far, and I really mean by far, the worst ROI in this market. Your better off mining all these different alts, holding, and waiting for price movements as opposed to just selling as you go. I mean you're not going to retire or anything like that, but you will make a fair amount more if you can just be a little patient. I know a month or two or even a year is asking way too much of some, but considering we have to wait years or even decades in other "real world" alternatives it's really not that long...

Even brand new coins that are released daily on the altcoin announcements subforum deserve at least a week a few days of sitting and waiting as opposed to dumping the stash as you mine at very low difficulty.
chrissibel

Activity: 336

Got Crypto?

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:33:05 AM

possible , seems very hot now

if you will mine it, please come this pool, no fee

http://dog.ltcoin.net

USER WARNING: Be careful with pools posted here. Make sure to always use a unique password and pin when joining new pools. People often use the same user/pass and pin for each pool and this is a good way to get hacked!!! Be careful guys and gals
elgeo

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:46:58 AM

I've got a few questions, including an analysis of why Dogecoin could technically hit $2:

1) What was the highest price that dogecoin has ever reached?  I've looked at its charts in various places and there seems to be some mysterious spikes but it's hard to determine how high it went in December of 2013.  Also, I read an article that claimed 1 dogecoin was worth $420 or something of that nature?  Maybe someone was making up stuff to pump the price or it was an exchange glitch, because none of the charts show anything remotely close to this price at any point.  Any comments?

2) The total number of Bitcoins to ever be produced is 21 million, and the total number of Dogecoins ever is 100 billion.  Given those maximums, if you divide 100 billion by 21 million, you get 4,761.9  ... that means, when all is said and done, there will be 4,761.9 times as many Dogecoins as Bitcoins.  

Currently 1 BTC is about $800 on average.  If you divide that by 4,761.9, you get about $0.168.  Meaning, since most cryptocurrencies are tied in price to BTC, technically, Dogecoin should be valued at $0.168, right?

And given the supposed claims or speculation that Bitcoin would reach $10,000 in the next few years (which would mean it would multiply 12.5 times its current price), would that not mean that Dogecoin could potentially reach roughly $2?  (if it also multiplied by 12.5)  And if not, let's say it lagged... it could still get to about 40-50 cents.  

Any thoughts on that predictive analysis?  I don't know if Dogecoins were at a higher level than they are now, but I think that would be an important consideration (to know whether they've already had their day).

3) Lastly, from what I understand, Dogecoin is simply a clone of Litecoin with some logo/font changes.  That's not great, but then again, what other major Litecoin contender is out there?  Is it possible the use of the coin could outlive the meme buzz and gain wider acceptance?  

-----

Disclaimer: I don't own any Dogecoins.  I own a few Bitcoins, but I may buy Dogecoins in the near future, depending on what I discover from this thread, etc.

Thanks.

why people realy hold coin except ltc and btc...
i just mine and sell them... it is a huge risk to hold.

I don't have a signature because I'm not a customary person.
ajax3592

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:09:19 PM

It has all the potential to go above $1.

Why?

Because its got emotion, and emotion is the bond that connect humans worldwide.

Bitcoin, Litecoin are emotionless zombies.

Recently, Dogecoin community donated $30k to Jamaican team and $6k to an Indian sportsmen for them to register in the respective tournaments. I cant remember last which coin did that.

When its price falls its supporters buy even more coins, and never panic about it.

Its got the second biggest community on reddit after Bitcoin.

All these are signs, use common sense.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
jahmon

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:37:48 PM

Lots of people dont care much about the meme, but for them its just a casual way to get into crypto currency. Its fun. Doge has a bright future.
Lykkan

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:26:32 AM

Since early december I've been mining the shit out of doge, here and there I take a day off an go mine some alternate coin (kitteh, coinye, moon, champion, lottocoin) and I hold onto them until they're not worthless (fuck moon lol) and everytime, I go straight and buy doge. TO THE MOOOOOOON

I mine with 2.4m/hash and it helps a lot. Even if you hate doge, you might as well mine something just so you're not pissed at yourself. Litecoin is about the only popular crypto I've never mined before (and I kick myself for just stopping at bitcoin instead of picking up litecoin instead)
reader31

Activity: 221

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:35:09 AM

As inexplicable as the meme itself...I cant quiet put my finger on the reason why...but I have a strong feeling that it might hit a dollar in the next couple of years...

hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:27:27 AM

i don't know about doge but i am sure gridcoin will.

stacking coin
bumpusee

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:46:07 AM

no,

hadi

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:40:06 PM

i think,maximum 1 cent or 2 cent,next will die.
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:21:00 PM

I think even a penny is a stretch but I hope it gets past this 200 satoshi rut we have been stuck in foreeevvvvverrr lol
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:01:11 PM

if doge keeps on expanding at the current rate....it will go UP in price , the production will diminish rapidly in the coming months.

However $1 seems very very optimistic... if you got to 5cents that would be AMAZING. If it got to 10cents that would be FREAKY, if it got to 20 CENTS - MINDBLOWING.

I will say nothing is impossible and most things that appeal to kids or youngsters do way better than they deserve.

I like doge but if it hits 5 cents that will be awesome.

dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:56:34 PM

if doge keeps on expanding at the current rate....it will go UP in price , the production will diminish rapidly in the coming months.

Everyone keeps saying that, they have been saying it for months but I don't see it ACTUALLY OCCURRING.

Also, we all know damn well there are a few key players holding millions upon millions upon millions of doge that are probably eager to get their money out and as soon as they dump a small tranche of their stashes it kills any price momentum.
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:21:34 PM

Lots of noobs. They will learn. Too many coins in circulation I fear will be their shortfall.

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
cedflo

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 06:53:35 PM

Not possible...
They are more than 50 billions of doge
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:55:51 PM

I don't think it is possible in 10 years. Nobody knows if it can happen after that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: