Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:28:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Myetherwallet and Metamask  (Read 282 times)
sunil_ad (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:10:43 PM

I dont understand why they must be combined. I also want to know how to combine them
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 04:20:19 PM

I think both are very good erc-20 tokens
They provide high value and good security for your tokens and Etherum
They offer low transaction fees, they offer low transfer fees
High and very fast transaction delivery

You will have lots of positivity if you keep your tokens and Etherum in Myetherwallet or metamask
dumiya

Activity: 189

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 04:23:33 PM

I dont understand why they must be combined. I also want to know how to combine them

There is no option to send ERC-20 tokens from your Metamask to another ethereum address at the moment. Therefore, we have to use myetherwallet and log in using metamask in order to send ERC-20 tokens.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:30:34 PM

Metamask is secure wallet. How to combine? First you create metamask . download pluggin in your browser chrome or brave. be careful there are fake metamask. Then create wallet with mew. Create with JSON file. so you have file and pasword. Never log in with your private key. Then login to metamask, save pharaprase when you create metamask. it is to import to other hardware. then import wallet using JSON file of your mew. enter the pasword then connect metamask in your page of mew. in a second you will be connected. You have two wallet then, first your metamask wallet and second imported wallet from mew. This is recomended to secure your wallet.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:33:39 PM

This two wallet is not so different while you use Myetherwallet in Metamask also but Metamask is only limited to your browser, which is more secure. Also, it will be safe to open your Myetherwallet through Metamask to get extra security.
bkrobottc1

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:33:56 PM

You can use My Metamask to detect fishing site, scam site trying fake myetherwallet
gary_57

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:46:26 PM

As much as I know they are combined to make your work more efficient. This is to make this done. You just need to create a metamask and a janonfile. Then follow the further steps. Prevention must be taken in case of using private keys. It is better not to use private key.
mellorbo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:49:54 PM

create metamask and download the pluggin in your browser. be careful there are phishing sites of metamask. Then create wallet with mew. Import your json file to metamask. it is good to combined this two because it might save your tokens
INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

Activity: 341

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 11:56:21 PM

You need them to participate in our ICO. It's best to combine them as explained in the FAQ.

From our FAQ, which you can find on the ICO page.

How can I buy your Tokens?

​Participating in our Token sale is very easy. Step 1. Download and install the wonderful MetaMask browser Add-on. Step 2. Import MyEtherWallet into MetaMask. This is important. Please do not use the Metamask own ETH wallet, use your MyEtherWallet account imported into Metamask to buy Tokens so you can later move them out of your wallet using MyEtherWallet. Unfortunately, Metamask still does not provide an UI to directly move Tokens. Step 3. Go to our invest page, select the number of INNBC Tokens you want to purchase, click on "contribute", sign the transaction, and congratulations you are now a INNBC Token holder! You will immediately see your Token balance displayed on the invest page each time you visit it, as thanks to the POA DApp the page connects to the Etherum blockchain through your Metamask extension showing Token balance; isn't this awesome? To add the INNBC Token to Metamask, choose from the menu "Token", "add Tokens", and copy the Token address (0x85558055812f19eB084B8bA327470e84Ad795b11). You can also contribute by QR code. However, please be sure to use a wallet that supports ERC20 Tokens, as Tokens will be deposited to the address you use to contribute. And you still need Metamask to visualize the parameters of the invest page.

Who distributes Tokens, and how quickly will I receive them after the end of the initial offer (Token Launch)?

​INNBC Tokens are automatically distributed to investors by the smart contract upon purchase. However, they will be transferable out of your wallet only upon crowdsale completion.
Babyfaceless

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:18:04 AM

I am using both for greater protection. I used MEW to generate my eth address and installed MetaMask plugin in Chrome. I imported my MEW address to MetaMask to filter transactions. Its an added task but I feel more secure using the setup.
Azna Azhar

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:21:11 AM

The purpose of merging myetherwallet and metamask is to increase the security of your wallet. How, you install plug in metamask in your browser, then create your metamasket wallet. Once you have a metamask account, you import your myetherwallet wallet into metamask.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:34:33 AM

create metamask and download the pluggin in your browser. be careful there are phishing sites of metamask. Then create wallet with mew. Import your json file to metamask. it is good to combined this two because it might save your tokens

Basically its for your own safety since a lot of scam are happening around cryptoworld.
Metamask is a good one to protect are wallet, and you must really be careful since there are some fake site.
You can actually know how to do it properly in this amazing video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grsBwSDSeuQ
Tiigon

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 12:36:56 AM

MEW with Metamask is just the difference when you want to login or send token on MEW website, if using MEW you have to enter Private Key, but if using Metamask, you just stay connected via metamask at MEW website Thank you Smiley

SCAVO  Technologies
SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES - LIFETIME CONTRACT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread     ───────  Join our ICO:  July. 15- Oct. 31
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:40:18 AM

Use metamask to login in MEW
MetaMask can be used as a substitute for private key
procedure:
  • download MetaMask
  • enter the private key
  • change to main wallet
  • go to MyEtherWallet.com
  • click send Ether & token
  • login using MetaMask
ljtronics1

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:46:47 AM

Myetherwallet doesn't hold your privatekey, metamask hold your privatekey, combine both will make better security even though not perfect
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:53:37 AM

One of the advantages of using Metamask with Myetherwallet is that it will protect you from Phishing sites.
Sometime ago there was a phishing attack launched against EtherDelta. The culprits had hacked the DNS server and redirected traffic bound for EtherDelta to a fake site that looked exactly like EtherDelta. All those using MEW and a password lost all their tokens and all those using MetaMask got a warning that the site was fake and did not lose any tokens.

khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:56:16 AM

First of all,Metamask is not a wallet but it is just a bridge connecting to MEW,which give you all the functions that MEW do,it also add a layer of protection,protecting your from phishing sites and give you easy and fast access to MEW without the need to enter you private key every time you want to use MEW ( they store it for you ) .
Fresh boy

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:04:57 AM

myetherwallet is an ERC20 while Metamask supports the use of ERC20. Metamask is an offline wallet that is capable of holding the private key. metamask main function is to serve as security to myetherwallet.
blackssmith

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:08:08 AM

their is no way to combine your account  metamask to myetherwallet because they are different system but they are same erc-20 all you have to do is to send your token from metamask to myetherwallet or myetherwallet to metamask you or you should keep your token from both of that wallet but you need some gas fee if you want to transfer from one to another
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:10:10 AM

Both of them are just two different wallets .. even the tech built on is different.. one is a web wallet and the other one is just a browser integration.
You could choose one of them to use and my recommendation is MEW because its safer and most useful.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: