Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:44:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] bitaddress.org Safe JavaScript Bitcoin address/private key  (Read 153062 times)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 06:14:11 AM

This address generator is great.  I used it to print off Bitcoin wallets.  I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to print of Litecoin wallets though?

I have no problem using lite address.org, but when I download the zip file, it just gives me Bitaddress that is used for Bitcoin, not Litecoin.

Is there a link somewhere I can download the litecoin address generator so that I can generate offline?

Thanks

https://github.com/litecoin-project/liteaddress.org
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97867.20

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 10:30:57 PM

Hiya,

Can anyone advise me on how I can send the bitcoins from my wallet generated by bitaddress.org ?

I have been reading online for a few hours now and cannot find any recommended way of doing this.

Sending the coin anonymously would be preferred if possible.

Thanks in advance
Xirus

Use Electrum, Mycelium or any other Bitcoin wallet which can import a Bitcoin address.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:11:23 PM

I just tried using the current version of bitaddress.org on both chrome and firefox, and neither of them work any more for me.

I wiggle the mouse until the entropy collection reaches 100%, and then nothing happens. The screen stays full of the green dots I have drawn.

The console says: "TypeError: ninja.unitTests is undefined[Learn More]" in Firefox, and - ugh - just started working again in Chrome. I tried a few times and it failed. Now I tried one more time to copy/paste the error messages and it worked!

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:52:14 PM

Anyone know if this can be used for BCC/BCash the exact same way as it was used for BTC? Or were there some changes that make it incompatible?

Right now a Paper wallet seems to be the only cold storage option available for Bitcoin Cash.

Secondly, whats the method of sweeping the coins? Since services such as Blockchain.info don't support Bitcoin Cash, seems the only way would be to do a full sync of the Bitcoin Cash wallet?

TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7114

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 10:35:29 PM

Anyone know if this can be used for BCC/BCash the exact same way as it was used for BTC? Or were there some changes that make it incompatible?

Right now a Paper wallet seems to be the only cold storage option available for Bitcoin Cash.

Secondly, whats the method of sweeping the coins? Since services such as Blockchain.info don't support Bitcoin Cash, seems the only way would be to do a full sync of the Bitcoin Cash wallet?
I am almost sure that you can do for both, since BCC is basically Bitcoin with a few changes.

The only part you need to pay attention is in which side of the chain you are sending the coins to the address, making it a BCC or BTC paper wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:40:11 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2017, 12:52:07 AM by Millionero

Coinomi wallet supports bitcoin cash and it has a function to sweep a paper wallet (import private key).
Coinomi is a mobile app that supports many coins.  I use it on my Android phone.  I think it has been ported for PC too.
Facts about the fork as I understand it:
The way addresses are formed is the same in bitcoin and bitcoin cash.  That didn't change.
The two chains are different in the way they put transactions into blocks.
If you have BTC from before the fork in a wallet where you control the private keys, here is the standard advice on how to get bitcoin cash without accidentally having a replay/playback mishap that could cause you to lose your bitcoins:
1) Send the BTC to a new BTC address using your bitcoin wallet.  Doesn't matter if it's a light wallet or a full node, just has to be a Bitcoin transaction done in a Bitcoin wallet according to the standard Bitcoin protocol.  Your bitcoins are now safe and sound in a new address.
2) Import the private key from the OLD BTC address into a bitcoin cash wallet.
This works because transaction (1) was not entered into a block on the bitcoin cash chain.

I've described it as if you are sending from a single address, but it would work the same for an HD wallet with multiple addresses, if the bitcoin cash wallet can import an HD privkey.  I haven't used Coinomi to import a paper wallet and I'm not sure if it works with single address keys, HD privkeys, or both.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:35:34 PM

Gregory Maxwell says:
The common libraries they have used have had a long and worrying series of mathematical flaws that cause them to occasionally generate addresses that do not match the private keys, and were completely without the sorts of test that would have detected these mistakes
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6ss91w/seriously_how_are_you_all_generating_your_private/dlf4uhr/

dooglus mention the same issue here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43496.msg16941686#msg16941686

Is "Wallet details" in bitaddress sufficient test to make sure address is valid? or should you import the private key in something like bitcoin core and sign/verify it? other options?

uidge

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:45:27 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 10:16:59 PM by uidge

HELP NEEDED

I have generated a bunch of BIP38 encrypted addresses with the tab "BULK WALLET" of bitaddress html under the same password on the machine that is not connected to the internet. Then I transferred some coins on the first 3 of them to run a test of sweeping them into electrum wallet.

I have decrypted all 3 wallets and used Private Keys (WIF51 characters base58, starts with a '5') to sweep them into Electrum. The first one swept well, but then the others would not sweep. Electrum says that they are empty. I tried importing them into blockchain.info wallet but it also says that they are empty.

When I check public address it shows that the wallet contains bitcoins
https://blockchain.info/address/19DpkXMi4oTfayjxfDSuz3uHUrsX387Twz

This same public address is displayed on "Wallet Details" tab in bitaddress.org when I decrypt private key.

PRIVATE ADRESS: 6PnSSP9UiDEjFfRW2R2hsu9Wuk4xviMdsitF1vVahTdK2vRoCQfvFesjih
PASSWORD: 3,452s.Km;x%D7I(K)<Aq@mr

I don't care if the coins will be moved away, but I really need to figure out how to get access to my wallet.

Can anyone help please?

Version History (3.3.0)
527B 5C82 B1F6 B2DB 72A0
ECBF 8749 7B91 6397 4F5A
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 09:48:12 PM

I spy only an unconfirmed transaction from today at that address. Electrum might not be able to sweep unconfirmeds with CPFP, only sweep confirmed TXs. If you import the private key rather than sweep attempt, that might make it available for CPFP.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
uidge

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:54:29 PM

I spy only an unconfirmed transaction from today at that address. Electrum might not be able to sweep unconfirmeds with CPFP, only sweep confirmed TXs.

I've tested many ones, here for example https://blockchain.info/address/19DpkXMi4oTfayjxfDSuz3uHUrsX387Twz
Transaction confirmed. I have very old ones with bitcoins stored on those.
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:07:03 AM

HELP NEEDED

I have generated a bunch of BIP38 encrypted addresses with the tab "BULK WALLET" of bitaddress html under the same password on the machine that is not connected to the internet. Then I transferred some coins on the first 3 of them to run a test of sweeping them into electrum wallet.

I have decrypted all 3 wallets and used Private Keys (WIF51 characters base58, starts with a '5') to sweep them into Electrum. The first one swept well, but then the others would not sweep. Electrum says that they are empty. I tried importing them into blockchain.info wallet but it also says that they are empty.

When I check public address it shows that the wallet contains bitcoins
https://blockchain.info/address/19DpkXMi4oTfayjxfDSuz3uHUrsX387Twz

This same public address is displayed on "Wallet Details" tab in bitaddress.org when I decrypt private key.

PRIVATE ADRESS: 6PnSSP9UiDEjFfRW2R2hsu9Wuk4xviMdsitF1vVahTdK2vRoCQfvFesjih
PASSWORD: 3,452s.Km;x%D7I(K)<Aq@mr

I don't care if the coins will be moved away, but I really need to figure out how to get access to my wallet.

Can anyone help please?

Someone already took the money : )

In your particular case, 19DpkXMi4oTfayjxfDSuz3uHUrsX387Twz is compressed public address and
corresponds to private key that starts with letter 'K'.

Public:  19DpkXMi4oTfayjxfDSuz3uHUrsX387Twz
Private: KyGL7TrNFjVNTNGLvdzNKjBMsKZisY5nuE8CHpuurKEo2NesaEAz

If you used private key (to sweep the balance) that starts with '5' you should've sent your coins to uncompressed public address.

Public:  1EUmf7nk6XSxZcVabxegWmhs6L7cGrFUC2
Private: 5JHAKELLmaBxcRkoeys9ujBWCQEkvbEKZDweT1tQkoGp8c91UBE

I have extracted both addresses from your BIP38 encrypted 6PnSSP9UiDEjFfRW2R2hsu9Wuk4xviMdsitF1vVahTdK2vRoCQfvFesjih
private key with given passphrase.

Pay attention to compressed and uncompressed addresses and to corresponding private keys.
inotch

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:53:05 AM

Website
https://www.bitaddress.org/bitaddress.org-v3.3.0-SHA256-dec17c07685e1870960903d8f58090475b25af946fe95a734f88408cef4aa194.html
In our Google version of Google Chrome, the character of the secret private key protrudes the bill (face)
Google Chrome 49:Windows Vista
inotch

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:51:06 AM

In my version of Chrome the default smallest font size default was 10px, which seems to be difficult for 7px.
http://time-complexity.blogspot.jp/2013/12/chrome-font-size-10px.html
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:50:23 PM

Anyone can guarantee for using these service? I mean, how if site got hacked Huh

It can be guaranteed that you don't want to enter private keys of yours into any website.

You must consider not only is the website safe but those handling your data stream on it's way to that website.

ShitTeam

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

SHIT token. Listed on exchange! Free airdrops.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 01:50:07 PM

Will you add support for creating SegWit paper wallet?

SHIT token. Listed on exchange! Free airdrops. 999 Trillion tokens.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2174052
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:42:14 AM

Hey Pointbiz - sent you a couple PM's about possible bugs.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:53:19 PM

When generating bulk wallets with BIP password encryption, the site / engine / code fails after about 200-250 addresses are generated. 

I've verified this both in an old version and the newest online version.  Suggest limiting # of user-defined total addresses bulk wallet can generate at one time, or fix whatever bug is causing this to occur. 

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
manomax

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:49:59 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2017, 06:11:37 PM by manomax

Can anyone answer why this happens?

BTC I created a paper wallet at bitaddress.org with a Passphrase (Encrypt at BIP38).

Now, any new paper wallet I'm creating, even without using any Passphase, when I import it, to BlockChain.info, only accepts if I insert the Passphrase created the first time.

But I've already deleted the first created wallet and deleted it from BlockChain.info. Why is not BlockChain accepting the new private keys of the new paper portfolios?

Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 01:41:48 PM

Hi all. If i generate a wallet from zip archive is there any chance that someone generate same address and private key?
pointbiz (OP)

Activity: 437
Merit: 415

1ninja

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:13:16 PM

Hi all. If i generate a wallet from zip archive is there any chance that someone generate same address and private key?

No chance. There are more private keys than grains of sand on earth.

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: