Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:04:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal responsibility and inept Bitcoin jesusing  (Read 3143 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:09:26 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5)

This article is the logical continuation of the older Personal responsiblity and the Ponzi scam offering. Odds are you're too new to have read that back in the day. Once you're done here go there and catch up.

Acts have consequences. Not some of them, not those which you wish to have consequences, not even those which you accept or aquiesce may have consequences. All of them. Each and every last one of them.

Those consequences aren't limited to what you find acceptable, at the time you act or at any later time. Those consequences aren't limited to what you find conceivable, with your dimwitted thinker, nor to what you find "should have been conceivable" in retrospect. The entire array of consequences is available at all times upon all your actions and inactions. With or without your agreement, approval or intent.

So, when you promote some random 24 yo schmuck as if he has something to say about Bitcoin, you are opening yourself to one day reading in the newspaper that

Put this arrest right above Dogecoin and Coinye West on the list of reasons why Bitcoin is the Jonah Hill in The Wolf of Wall Street of currency: no matter how much they strive to be taken seriously, the Bitcoin community remains a punch line.

As if Bitcoin strives to be taken seriously by the general fuckwittery. As if that's what we're all about, renting a coupla rustbuckets to put vanity plates on them. As if this shit is has anything to do with Bitcoin at all. As if anyone cares.

When you promote some random scam with foundational delusions as in any way relevant, when you interact with it as anything other than a laughingstock, what you get is what anyone with two brains'd expect. You get to read bullshit like

As merchants embrace Bitcoin, digital currency still struggles for regulatory approval worldwide

As if we give a kernel of a shit, joint or several, whether self-proclaimed "regulators" approve or don't approve. The issue is whether Bitcoin will approve any regulator and which exactly, not whether some obscure bureaucrat somewhere thinks it proper for the Sun to come out tomorrow.

So then: time to rethink your defective mental processes. Stop promoting things on the grounds that they seem, superficially, "right". Some kid having a nice smile, which Shrem does have, is no fucking basis to pretend like he may be publicly associated with Bitcoin. The basis would be someone who can actually fight back when the going gets tough, that's who you want to look up to. The basis would be someone who actually has the foresight to avoid ridiculous tarpits a la "hi guise, I r order fake passports to my home address because totally people send you fake passports with your motherfucking face on them as a prank all the time".

So far you're batting 0-9 or some shit. You thought Dread Pirate Roberts was Mr. Bitcoin, turns out he was a schmucky 20something with shocking mental disability. Shocking mental disability that nevertheless somehow passed unnoticed by you. Why is that? You thought Roger Ver was Mr. Bitcoin, turns out he's some guy with a serious problem over fifty missing dollars. You thought Charlie Shrem was Mr. Bitcoin, turns out he's a clueless kid made of papier mache. They don't even need to be trying too hard. Karpeles signed paperwork that's actually false and enough to get him indicted, Vessenes is in so deep with all the piles upon piles of fraud in his venture he's not even worth going after (yet). You still think Michael Asshole Hearn is somehow relevant for Bitcoin, notwithstanding he's yet to do a single thing that wouldn't be exactly вpeдитeльcтвo. What, he accidentally fucked up the code by implementing massive changes without reading, is it? Nearly crushed Bitcoin last year, and in the process provided "accidentally", of course, invaluable stress testing data to all enemies?

Not one single pick you've made was correct. It's not even that you're picking anyone that's in the race, you're roughly in the position of someone whose picks for the NFL season aren't even playing in the NFL, aren't even athletes, aren't even citizens, aren't even human and aren't even all animate. A kitchen sink, a wet noodle, some nesting birds, a dead tapeworm, that's your NFL picks.

You're George, dear Bitcoin community, of

It became very clear to me sitting out there today, that every decision I've ever made, in my entire life, has been wrong. My life is the complete opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have, in every of aspect of life, be it something to wear, something to eat ... It's all been wrong. (chuckles) Everywhere.

That's you. You're George. Bear that in mind.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:37:37 PM

I have read both of your posts. You are telling many wise and true things. But those are very unpleasant truths which (very aggressively) attack ego and illusion of self-importance and superiority of ordinary (average or sub-average) person. Not many people will listen to you. But I think you know all of that...
With great power comes great responsibility ability to influence things.
FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:38:50 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 07:49:10 PM by FenixRD

As if we give a kernel of a shit, joint or several, whether self-proclaimed "regulators" approve or don't approve. The issue is whether Bitcoin will approve any regulator and which exactly, not whether some obscure bureaucrat somewhere thinks it proper for the Sun to come out tomorrow.

Haha. You know what? Abrasiveness has its place. I really like you today.

(As if you care!)

Quoted snippet is being stolen by me in part as a key quotable.

FWIW, for me, Andreas Antonopolis is my Bitcoin Jesus (if I must pick one). If I were to pick a Mr. Bitcoin where it implies a successful business with no major shady side dealings or suspicions, I'd currently nominate Tony Gallippi, perhaps. He plays within the regulatory boundaries mostly, yes; I'm hoping and hopeful he does it because he is playing the long game where starting conservatively will allow BitPay to make a larger difference long-term than coming out guns-blazing an-cap (much as some of us might like to see).

I hope my picks are right. Also, obviously, very little credit is given (beyond a few stories that day) for your associate's heroic assist in keeping the lights on for OpenBSD. All hail Sean's Outpost, which is wonderful, but perhaps more limited in scope than the harder-to-quantify but significant reach of keeping projects like that alive.

It's the greatest show on earth, and no one is Mr. Bitcoin. Or we all are. And regardless of the DPRs and the Shrems and all the others that are human and making human choices, the show must go on...

edited for a few significant autocorrect errors

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
JudgeHearst

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:58:23 PM

OP,

I read both of your posts.  I think your observations are mostly correct notwithstanding their delivery or tone.  I suspect, though, growing pains are inevitable and necessary. Even really severe growing pains (what the community may have to endure after today's news).

Question: What specific standards/credentials/benchmarks do you propose for cutting through the B.S., identifying leaders, etc.?

Regarding picking community leaders, you suggest considering the "ability to fight back" as a standard.  I'm not exactly sure what you mean here.  If you mean someone that is taken seriously by the community as well as major players not outside the community (i.e., regulators, banks, etc.) because they have a certain experiences/credentials, then I agree and would like to see more deliberation about such credentials.

Your observations are also relevant to the mining community. If you haven't already, you should take a look at the thread about CTS Miner.

Anyway, interesting article/post. Thanks.
mikegogulski

Activity: 360

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 08:20:51 PM

None of this makes you any less of an insufferable boor.

FREE ROSS ULBRICHT, allegedly one of the Dread Pirates Roberts of the Silk Road
mainline

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:06:02 PM

Awesomeness! Smiley
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:10:04 PM

True.

None of this makes you any less of an insufferable boor.

Also true.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:23:50 PM

I have read both of your posts. You are telling many wise and true things. But those are very unpleasant truths which (very aggressively) attack ego and illusion of self-importance and superiority of ordinary (average or sub-average) person. Not many people will listen to you. But I think you know all of that...
With great power comes great responsibility ability to influence things.

Myeah.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:27:45 PM

Question: What specific standards/credentials/benchmarks do you propose for cutting through the B.S., identifying leaders, etc.?

I don't, nor is it my place to do so. Just, please, think about it!

7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:36:10 PM

The OP seems to be experiencing PMS
that is manifesting itself in a rant.

I refuse to read the byproduct of a woman's monthly cycle.

BTC is good regardless of your rant or condescending attitude towards the readers intellect.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:57:44 PM

...delivered by bitcoin Kanye West? Ok

Vires in numeris
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:28:17 AM

Struggling to find a takeaway point from the original post...is English your first language?  Is this what you're trying to say?

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
FenixRD

Activity: 364

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:06:09 PM

Jesus Christ. I'm not even OP's fan in general, but I think it's pretty obvious what her point was. The fact that 95% of you fucking retards can't pick up on that just further illustrates her point.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
GhostGum

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:08:22 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 10:35:37 PM by GhostGum

some of that was just too accurate and  and direct t at me, even if it was about us all
I hope i'm not the only one who felt spoken to directly there,
that scared me actualy

Maybe i should  be consider taking things serious  a bit more
I would cetainly like to see the community do so,

Gotta be jovial sometimes though OP

drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:04:58 PM

This article is the logical continuation of the older Personal responsiblity and the Ponzi scam offering. Odds are you're too new to have read that back in the day. Once you're done here go there and catch up.

Acts have consequences. Not some of them, not those which you wish to have consequences, not even those which you accept or aquiesce may have consequences. All of them. Each and every last one of them.

Those consequences aren't limited to what you find acceptable, at the time you act or at any later time. Those consequences aren't limited to what you find conceivable, with your dimwitted thinker, nor to what you find "should have been conceivable" in retrospect. The entire array of consequences is available at all times upon all your actions and inactions. With or without your agreement, approval or intent.

So, when you promote some random 24 yo schmuck as if he has something to say about Bitcoin, you are opening yourself to one day reading in the newspaper that

Put this arrest right above Dogecoin and Coinye West on the list of reasons why Bitcoin is the Jonah Hill in The Wolf of Wall Street of currency: no matter how much they strive to be taken seriously, the Bitcoin community remains a punch line.

As if Bitcoin strives to be taken seriously by the general fuckwittery. As if that's what we're all about, renting a coupla rustbuckets to put vanity plates on them. As if this shit is has anything to do with Bitcoin at all. As if anyone cares.

When you promote some random scam with foundational delusions as in any way relevant, when you interact with it as anything other than a laughingstock, what you get is what anyone with two brains'd expect. You get to read bullshit like

As merchants embrace Bitcoin, digital currency still struggles for regulatory approval worldwide

So then: time to rethink your defective mental processes. Stop promoting things on the grounds that they seem, superficially, "right". Some kid having a nice smile, which Shrem does have, is no fucking basis to pretend like he may be publicly associated with Bitcoin. The basis would be someone who can actually fight back when the going gets tough, that's who you want to look up to. The basis would be someone who actually has the foresight to avoid ridiculous tarpits a la "hi guise, I r order fake passports to my home address because totally people send you fake passports with your motherfucking face on them as a prank all the time".

So far you're batting 0-9 or some shit. You thought Dread Pirate Roberts was Mr. Bitcoin, turns out he was a schmucky 20something with shocking mental disability. Shocking mental disability that nevertheless somehow passed unnoticed by you. Why is that? You thought Roger Ver was Mr. Bitcoin, turns out he's some guy with a serious problem over fifty missing dollars. You thought Charlie Shrem was Mr. Bitcoin, turns out he's a clueless kid made of papier mache. They don't even need to be trying too hard. Karpeles signed paperwork that's actually false and enough to get him indicted, Vessenes is in so deep with all the piles upon piles of fraud in his venture he's not even worth going after (yet). You still think Michael Asshole Hearn is somehow relevant for Bitcoin, notwithstanding he's yet to do a single thing that wouldn't be exactly вpeдитeльcтвo. What, he accidentally fucked up the code by implementing massive changes without reading, is it? Nearly crushed Bitcoin last year, and in the process provided "accidentally", of course, invaluable stress testing data to all enemies?

Not one single pick you've made was correct. It's not even that you're picking anyone that's in the race, you're roughly in the position of someone whose picks for the NFL season aren't even playing in the NFL, aren't even athletes, aren't even citizens, aren't even human and aren't even all animate. A kitchen sink, a wet noodle, some nesting birds, a dead tapeworm, that's your NFL picks.

You're George, dear Bitcoin community, of

It became very clear to me sitting out there today, that every decision I've ever made, in my entire life, has been wrong. My life is the complete opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have, in every of aspect of life, be it something to wear, something to eat ... It's all been wrong. (chuckles) Everywhere.

That's you. You're George. Bear that in mind.

I will admit that historically, I have not liked you very much. This is simply because you, by and large, do not come across as a tremendously likeable person.

Your post, however, couldn't help but raise my opinion of you somewhat.

Dammit, I think I kinda like ya now.

Keep on keepin' on! Wink

Jesus Christ. I'm not even OP's fan in general, but I think it's pretty obvious what her point was. The fact that 95% of you fucking retards can't pick up on that just further illustrates her point.

^^^ This.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
GhostGum

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:32:58 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 02:07:18 AM by GhostGum

Well that's somewhat depressing.
OP made me feel quite ashamed of how a lot of the listed qualities that i find so disgusting in of the mindsets of some the crypto following,  so succinctly described my own actions which i never looked closely, instead just looking at others in contempt.
Seriously scared me  to see that in my own actions and thoughts, to hear justwhat that can mean
I guess it's something that was already playing on me, and having it said like that was very confronting

I was sure i wouldn't be the only one to see thier own failings so laid bare, and mercilessly told the trith it.

It's depressing to see that every other reply  seems to be just to show thier contempt for childish immoral, sub-average people, and seem pretty chuffed with thier own important and virtuous self...

Theres always going to be someone that is 'worse' than you are. Beleive me, that doesn't mean you are flawless, or even where you might have been a year a go.
Sometimes the you just have to remember to look at yourself  too. You might just be shocked and ashamed yourself when you do.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: