Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:11:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ₩orldo -The World Currency. Botnet proof. CPU only. (Alpha)  (Read 23954 times)
travel-trousers (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 01:08:46 PM

Seems almost centralized in a way. Is this coin completely decentralized?

Completely decentralised, completely open source
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
travel-trousers (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 01:16:43 PM

I don't like the logo.. thats not even a real world  Cry

So we can only use logos from real worlds?? :p

65 signups in the first 12 hours, and only a couple of people took two bites of the pie....
maybe it's not such a crazy new coin after all. Smiley

We'll give 10 extra shares to the first person to explain the the logo to everyone!
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:20:21 PM

If you flip the logo vertically, it looks like godzilla climbing on a mountain or something.  Cheesy
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:22:05 PM

If you flip the logo vertically, it looks like godzilla climbing on a mountain or something.  Cheesy

or like godzilla is pissing  Cheesy
travel-trousers (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 01:52:18 PM

I hope there is no way to exploit the system and gain 51% just by hacking the part that checks how fast your computer _could_ run.

It would work like the Olympics that happened everyday.

Currently every 4 years the fastest marathon runners get together and race.
The fastest gets gold, second silver, third bronze.

Now we make this happen everyday.
But instead of killing themselves with exhaustion they run a single race.
The medals are allocated and then instead they walk the marathon everyday, giving the same medals to the same three winners.
If the bronze medallist decides to get a gold (which he can easily), everyone will know he broke his word.

When a new runner comes along he runs the race as quickly as he can and if he beats the gold medallist he gets gold...
Then he joins the walk.

Everyone has to run a marathon regularly to see if they can.

Bitcoin is like a marathon, 24/7/365 with no let up, only some people use bikes (GPUs) and some people use cars (ASIC).
Worldo is more like a time trial race.
Warning__3

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:56:07 PM

Doesn't we already have worldcoin?

nocoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:03:57 PM

So instead of running your computer as fast and as hot as it can go all the time, ₩orldo are produced by measuring how much you could do, and using that a guide.
What will stop my node from saying to the network "I can make bazillion hashes per second"? Do you know what Proof-of-Work is?

When the client finds a block it will only be rewarded if it can quickly reply to many random queries from the rest of the network.
How many? Who will send them? All network or part of it? If all, this is nonsense, node will die. If part of it, how the other part will know the block is valid?

Too many questions. You should definitely release whitepaper first. For now this all just sounds like fantasies from someone who can't understand what is 1) decentralized; 2) anonymous; 3) peer-to-peer network.
stas

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:06:25 PM

Great coin guys.

Very original and "smart" idea.

Yeah, you even copied our CSS for the website. Very honest of you, guys.

Smiley)

murkster

Activity: 196

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 02:13:41 PM

Watching this one. Good announcement and idea.

Follow Noblecoins lead on transparency and development team and it will go far.

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
Psyclist43

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:35:49 PM

65 signups in the first 12 hours, and only a couple of people took two bites of the pie....

We'll give 10 extra shares to the first person to explain the the logo to everyone!

It looks like the world but all mixed up, not like Pangaea, the continents are just all scrambled up.

https://i.imgur.com/zdpBKU2.png
travel-trousers (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 02:55:48 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 04:21:12 PM by travel-trousers

What will stop my node from saying to the network "I can make bazillion hashes per second"? Do you know what Proof-of-Work is?
Proof of work?? what's that??? :p

When a node joins it has to complete a Proof of Work at 100% to prove its speed. This happens periodically.

How many? Who will send them? All network or part of it? If all, this is nonsense, node will die. If part of it, how the other part will know the block is valid?

Of course not all, in the region of a few dozen at most.

Each client generates a unique database from the same algorithm, based on his wallet ID. When a block is completed other nodes confirm this and then ask for a randomly located answer from across this database. The winning client grabs them from the DB and sends them out to be checked. If he is too slow (i.e he doesn't have the database because the botnet controller can't install a 2Tb drive onto every remotely controlled machine) he will not receive the coins. He could generate them, but that would take minutes and the other nodes will only give him a few seconds...

At the moment this seems the best candidate for proving a client is not a botnet zombie, at reasonable price.

If you have a better solution we'd love to hear it would be throwing a nice bounty your way if implemented.

A white paper will be coming.

Thanks for asking an intelligent question, I'll send you a link for 5 parts of our .4% prefarm if you  want them.
nocoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:56:35 PM

based on his wallet ID
Oh wow! ID in decentralized network, really?
Ok, I'll do a favor and will try not to post in this topic before whitepaper release Wink
colin012

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:10:42 PM

The logo is all the continents of the world flipped or rotated so they can fit together in the shape of a DOVE! You people must be blind or something! lol

NXT Organization Marketing
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:24:59 PM

Amero and now Worldo. All in the same month? Hmmm
traveltrousers

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:26:21 PM

Amero and now Worldo. All in the same month? Hmmm

You can only mine and spend Amero in America... :p
traveltrousers

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:07:54 AM

So after 24 hours we have about 120 people signed up, which is nice!

Also had several PM's of support and offers of help which is nice too...

If you want this project to fly lets keep it on the front page and recruit more people....
colin012

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:09:36 AM

So, what is the difference between traveltrousers and travel-trousers?

NXT Organization Marketing
AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:13:02 AM

Trust me I can tell you this coin has no future, #1 dumb name, Waldo, Worldo?? Dumb. Second there is already Worldcoin, you can't compete with them, third, there is Earthcoin, and they can barely stay afloat. Just close up shop on this coin, no one will mine it and it is taking up space.
AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:17:09 AM

Trust me I can tell you this coin has no future, #1 dumb name, Waldo, Worldo?? Dumb. Second there is already Worldcoin, you can't compete with them, third, there is Earthcoin, and they can barely stay afloat. Just close up shop on this coin, no one will mine it and it is taking up space.
What I don't get, is there are some awesome professional names left for cryptocoins and these nubs choose these stupid names, holecoin, cuntcoin, johncoin , jeebuscoin, worldocoin, buttcoin, buttheadcoin etc etc, WHY?Huh?? It costs no more to sound like a real bonafide coin with a name that will at least get you a little ways, but no, let's call out coin worldocoinio. Great thinking.
bman3

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:43:32 AM

I'm liking the ideas guys, but you seriously need a re-branding. Please let me do it for you, I am an experienced 3D Artist and Graphic Designer.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: