Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:36:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A user here threatened to multi fork Gamecoin within 24 hours. What can we do?  (Read 7326 times)
GamecoinFuture (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:07:21 PM

BCX, if you are that much of a warrior, why is it fun to try to ruin someone's months of honest hard work and investments? What good is going to come up from this? Even evil people hate other evil people. You see a few others here reflecting off your attitude just to sound like they are on the badass's side, well let me tell you, you are attracting the lowest tier scum audience by doing what you are doing. You aren't going to gain anything from this other than a following of bad people while all the decent people dislike you. Do something respectable, I can see a few ways where you could dedicate your energy and get appreciation from the genuine hard working people out there. Me or the gamecoin community I know have nothing against you, I took up this coin because it was neglected. I didn't create Gamecoin but yes I have worked many months on this now and will continue to do so, I definitely do not want you to ruin our months of hard work and investmetns for shits and giggles.  

Gamecoin Official Thread
GME: GZCd7yLMATKdao3btJ8YCrnSqXYfj4qdvx
BTC: 17XZKtrVEyDQxANwYQwDmqcwkNhRjzJZAc
GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:04:11 PM

BCX, if you are that much of a warrior, why is it fun to try to ruin someone's months of honest hard work and investments?

Which one is it?

"Good luck" or "Oh cripes, I just shit on my own sandwich"

~BCX~

"Good luck bro" does not imply that you lack the ability to damage a coin. I thought you were trolling and simply wished you good luck with your trolling. Don't be so sensitive.

Gamecoin Official Thread
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:06:28 PM

BCX, if you are that much of a warrior, why is it fun to try to ruin someone's months of honest hard work and investments?

Which one is it?

~BCX~

Careful karma might get you man!! I agree theres too many alts but imo seems like your rubbing it in.
KoningKaas

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:35:17 PM

Which one is it?

~BCX~

Careful karma might get you man!! I agree theres too many alts but imo seems like your rubbing it in.

Yeah Karma , right, for this.  Roll Eyes

If he can do it, he's a true boss in my book  Tongue not that i want the coin dead or anything, but just because.. he can.. basically.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:53:19 PM

Spend your time screwing over the government not the people... you screw over the people they will screw you.
GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:18:57 PM

Spend your time screwing over the government not the people... you screw over the people they will screw you.

I am trying to solve this puzzle and I think I have figured out some parts of this puzzle

He wants to attack GamecoinFuture for no reason. He got angry because we decided to spread word about Atomic Trade with our new giveaway.

Now lets look at Atomic-trade. It is a new, legitimate, US based regulated exchange dealing in fiat as well as crypto. It is functioning pretty good, the site looks great. Deposits and withdrawals are working good, the Atomic-Trade Dev ByronP is quite a brilliant developer. However, ByronP has history of calling out Realsolid on the whole solidcoin/microcash/mcxfees saga. Now, all of a sudden, mcxnow has activated trading and signups while a new competitor Atomic-Trade (ByronP used to hang out on mcxnow as well) has come up and was being promoted via the giveaway thread.

BitcoinExpress is either a fan of Realsolid or Realsolid himself, and he wants to take advantage of the low hash of Gamecoin to try to teach us a lesson for promoting Atomic-trade.

Note to Realsolid: If you are doing this, this whole idea of envy and revenge will not end up well for you, I assure you on this one. Trust me. Nobody profits from engaging in revenge, but atleast, parts of the puzzle are now out in the open.

Note to bitcointalk: I am shocked at how you guys believe in the free market, yet you wouldn't try to get a grip on the people who try to harm their competition via threatening acts. You seem to facilitate and encourage them by allowing them to do business and carry on over here comfortably without any questions asked. By doing nothing about them, you imply your support towards their actions.

Note to the BCX supporters on this thread: I am shocked at how you guys imply your support towards BCX in this thread, yet you always expect regular people to trust crypto currencies. What you don't realise is that this implied appreciation and lack of resistance against anonymous criminal hackers and their supporters is what keeps the regular population from trusting crypto currency. If crypto currencies end up being demonized as being unsafe and only being used by criminals and thugs, it is not because of people like BCX, it is because of guys like YOU who not only don't give a damn just because you dont hold this coin, but unfortunately imply your appreciation and cheer for someone openly engaging in criminal actions.

Gamecoin Official Thread
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:30:58 PM

if 51% of the hashrate goes to a fork, the people have spoken.  that's how your coin was designed.  you should be spending more time with coin fundamentals instead of working on a wordpress chatbox plugin.

Note to the BCX supporters on this thread: I am shocked at how you guys imply your support towards BCX in this thread, yet you always expect regular people to trust crypto currencies.

Note to incompetent coin developers in this thread: Nobody should trust cryptocurrencies if they're that vulnerable to attack.  

Just because you can't get your shit together, doesn't mean you're suddenly speaking for all cryptocurrencies.  

Wipe the 'shock' from your face, and get to fucking work, or just move the fuck on.

If crypto currencies end up being demonized as being unsafe and only being used by criminals and thugs, it is not because of people like BCX, it is because of guys like YOU who not only don't give a damn just because you dont hold this coin, but unfortunately imply your appreciation and cheer for someone openly engaging in criminal actions.

If cryptocurrencies are inherently flawed and vulnerable to a 51% attack by design, they are unsafe.  there is no sense in pretending otherwise.  You chose to put months of effort into a blockchain coin you could not protect, and that's sad but move the fuck on if you don't/can't fix it.  

there are no criminal actions in the thread, because no law exists to protect a mineable cryptocurrency from being mined.  just because you disagree with someone's mining strategy doesn't automatically make it illegal.

thanks to BCX for bringing this unsafe investment to everyone's attention.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:33:29 PM

Note to bitcointalk: I am shocked at how you guys believe in the free market, yet you wouldn't try to get a grip on the people who try to harm their competition via threatening acts.

I suspect the point of view of most Bitcointalk members would be that this is the act of a free market.
It is only onside control (normally by governments) that stops companies acting like that all the time.
If you want a world with no outside control, the natural outcome is might is right.
If BCX has enough hashing might, he gets to control the coin, that is how coins are designed.
Hard checkpoints are the crypto equivalent of government regulation, hoping for a single trusted source to protect you from the bad guys.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:38:14 PM

if 51% of the hashrate goes to a fork, the people have spoken.  that's how your coin was designed.  you should be spending more time with coin fundamentals instead of working on a wordpress chatbox plugin.

Note to the BCX supporters on this thread: I am shocked at how you guys imply your support towards BCX in this thread, yet you always expect regular people to trust crypto currencies.

Note to incompetent coin developers in this thread: Nobody should trust cryptocurrencies if they're that vulnerable to attack.  Just because you can't get your shit together, doesn't mean you're suddenly speaking for all cryptocurrencies.    wipe the 'shock' from your face, and get to fucking work.  

If crypto currencies end up being demonized as being unsafe and only being used by criminals and thugs, it is not because of people like BCX, it is because of guys like YOU who not only don't give a damn just because you dont hold this coin, but unfortunately imply your appreciation and cheer for someone openly engaging in criminal actions.

If cryptocurrencies are inherently flawed and vulnerable to a 51% attack by design, they are unsafe.  there is no sense in pretending otherwise.  You chose to put months of effort into a blockchain coin you could not protect, and that's sad but move the fuck on.  

there are no criminal actions in the thread, because no law exists to protect a mineable cryptocurrency from being mined.  just because you disagree with someone's mining strategy doesn't automatically make it illegal.

thanks to BCX for bringing this unsafe investment to everyone's attention.  

Same is true with bitcoin and every other coin. Bitcoin even has just 3 pools controlling most of the network.

Are you implying your support for a centralized coin? Ripple?

Are you implying that the government should regulate all crypto currencies?

There you go guys. You know where this road leads to.

Gamecoin Official Thread
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:44:43 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 06:54:52 PM by kalus

Same is true with bitcoin and every other coin. Bitcoin even has just 3 pools controlling most of the network.
and bitcoin is fine, but you're fucked.  why don't you get 3 pools controlling the gamecoin network instead of fucking whining on a forums about it? why don't you lease 500+mh to secure the blockchain? get to fucking work!

Why is this coin worth more than the hashing power of 800 video cards it would take to fork your coin?  you haven't explained that part.

Are you implying your support for a centralized coin? Ripple?

You state what is being done is 'criminal' so you're the one asking for centralized authority to step in.  You're running back to mommy and daddy government to protect yourself from 'criminals' (i.e. 500mhash).  

you can't make up your mind if you want the government to control currencies, or embrace the advantages and disadvantages of a free market.  so which is it?

There you go guys. You know where this road leads to.
your non sequitor slippery slope argument?  it shows the main developer is more concerned with trolling a forum than fixing a coin.

it leads to flushing another shitcoin down the loo.

rtraves

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:02:34 PM

Honestly I think this will increase the price - I'll throw a paltry 50(up to 100) mhs to secure the network
GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:03:39 PM

There you go Bitcointalk, yet another BCX supporter.

and bitcoin is fine, but you're fucked.  why don't you get 3 pools controlling the gamecoin network instead of fucking whining on a forums about it? why don't you lease 500+mh to secure the blockchain? get to fucking work!

Why don't you do it? Why do you expect me to do it all?

I voluntarily agreed to support it as much as I can, just like Petrified did for a while and someone else did before him.

When you state what is being done is 'criminal' so you're the one asking for centralized authority to step in.  You're running back to mommy and daddy government to protect yourself from 'criminals' (i.e. 500mhash).  

Are you saying it is ok to ruin a coin just because there's no law that criminalizes it? Who is asking for government intervention now? I'm merely asking why the community is supporting this kind of behaviour.

you can't make up your mind if you want the government to control currencies, or embrace the advantages and disadvantages of a free market.  so which is it?

your non sequitor slippery slope argument?  it shows the main developer is more concerned with trolling a forum than fixing a coin.

it leads to flushing another shitcoin down the loo.

I am doing all I can for Gamecoin. Check my latest work https://www.coinpayments.net/help-translate

What are you doing for Gamecoin? Why are you expecting me to do it all for you?

Gamecoin Official Thread
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:21:15 PM

what is the point of all this further discussion about whether or not his actions are ethical. Do you seriously believe someone running a huge botnet cares about ethics nor the opinion of others who support his actions. Actually it's obvious nobody cares about ethics or the greater good of crypto, .... maybe 10%  or less do the rest are here to make dollars end of story.

I agree it seems such a small issue for him to attack your coin, so climb down and ask him right now to please not do it. That is your best chance. If he still attacks then you will know there is other motivation behind this attack. Is he also real solid.Huh that is a secondary concern right now to you guys.

so

1 ask here and now nicely for him not to do it.

2. beg in PM

3. get a decent coder ready to fix it all up for it it goes ahead.

If all you said was good luck bro then personally i think it is a bit of an over reaction that he is doing this. If there is some other tensions i hope they can be worked out before my game stash devalues sharply.

The problem you have is more that others are questioning his capability to do it. That is going to be a big mistake. He CAN do it. Forget questioning this, he had demonstrated the hashing power a few times now. You just need to try and stop the anger you are feeling because it does seem you are being unfairly treated, forget asking if he is real solid, . Forget asking others to support you... this will not help they have no sway over him.

You game plan is asking nicely for him NOT to do it.

Please get on with doing that asap. But yes if all you said is goodluck bro then say sorry and i'm hopefully he will just leave you guys alone. It will probably be hassle for him to move all his bots over to gme just to drive the price down before moving them all back to mining more profitable means.

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:08:02 PM

what is the point of all this further discussion about whether or not his actions are ethical. Do you seriously believe someone running a huge botnet cares about ethics nor the opinion of others who support his actions. Actually it's obvious nobody cares about ethics or the greater good of crypto, .... maybe 10%  or less do the rest are here to make dollars end of story.

I agree it seems such a small issue for him to attack your coin, so climb down and ask him right now to please not do it. That is your best chance. If he still attacks then you will know there is other motivation behind this attack. Is he also real solid.Huh that is a secondary concern right now to you guys.

so

2. beg in PM

If all you said was good luck bro then personally i think it is a bit of an over reaction that he is doing this. If there is some other tensions i hope they can be worked out before my game stash devalues sharply.

The problem you have is more that others are questioning his capability to do it. That is going to be a big mistake. He CAN do it. Forget questioning this, he had demonstrated the hashing power a few times now. You just need to try and stop the anger you are feeling because it does seem you are being unfairly treated, forget asking if he is real solid, . Forget asking others to support you... this will not help they have no sway over him.

Please get on with doing that asap. But yes if all you said is goodluck bro then say sorry and i'm hopefully he will just leave you guys alone. It will probably be hassle for him to move all his bots over to gme just to drive the price down before moving them all back to mining more profitable means.

The thing that bothers me, ethics aside, though if he/she is running a bot net you are correct that ethics really is not something this person cares about....Launching attacks on a coin is not a good thing to do. Why?
For starters, 90% of the population hardly understands what bitcoins are let alone how it works for mining and such. All they will see is " coin x got attacked and now is not working". Being on the outside, would you want to jump in knowing this?

The approach is all wrong by the a majority of the community. Instead of hacking/stealing/breaking, it should be the other way around by letting people know of the issues and help try to FIX the problem.

Pissing matches like this does nothing but harm cryptos. Gives it a bad image. If the end game is to get cryptos accepted widely as payment, the approach as an example here is not helping.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:32:29 PM

I am trying to solve this puzzle and I think I have figured out some parts of this puzzle

He wants to attack GamecoinFuture for no reason. He got angry because we decided to spread word about Atomic Trade with our new giveaway.

Now lets look at Atomic-trade. It is a new, legitimate, US based regulated exchange dealing in fiat as well as crypto. It is functioning pretty good, the site looks great. Deposits and withdrawals are working good, the Atomic-Trade Dev ByronP is quite a brilliant developer. However, ByronP has history of calling out Realsolid on the whole solidcoin/microcash/mcxfees saga. Now, all of a sudden, mcxnow has activated trading and signups while a new competitor Atomic-Trade (ByronP used to hang out on mcxnow as well) has come up and was being promoted via the giveaway thread.

BitcoinExpress is either a fan of Realsolid or Realsolid himself, and he wants to take advantage of the low hash of Gamecoin to try to teach us a lesson for promoting Atomic-trade.

Note to Realsolid: If you are doing this, this whole idea of envy and revenge will not end up well for you, I assure you on this one. Trust me. Nobody profits from engaging in revenge, but atleast, parts of the puzzle are now out in the open.

Note to bitcointalk: I am shocked at how you guys believe in the free market, yet you wouldn't try to get a grip on the people who try to harm their competition via threatening acts. You seem to facilitate and encourage them by allowing them to do business and carry on over here comfortably without any questions asked. By doing nothing about them, you imply your support towards their actions.

Note to the BCX supporters on this thread: I am shocked at how you guys imply your support towards BCX in this thread, yet you always expect regular people to trust crypto currencies. What you don't realise is that this implied appreciation and lack of resistance against anonymous criminal hackers and their supporters is what keeps the regular population from trusting crypto currency. If crypto currencies end up being demonized as being unsafe and only being used by criminals and thugs, it is not because of people like BCX, it is because of guys like YOU who not only don't give a damn just because you dont hold this coin, but unfortunately imply your appreciation and cheer for someone openly engaging in criminal actions.

He and RS are enemies since he invested in RS initial scam and claimed his coins were stolen from mtgox then mxnow made him a  millionaire and this guy was envious but congratulatory. He certainly comes off like RS but I dont think its him.
GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:36:24 PM

what is the point of all this further discussion about whether or not his actions are ethical. Do you seriously believe someone running a huge botnet cares about ethics nor the opinion of others who support his actions. Actually it's obvious nobody cares about ethics or the greater good of crypto, .... maybe 10%  or less do the rest are here to make dollars end of story.

I agree, but I am really shocked at the implied support and appreciation towards the hacker who is obviously trying to destroy months of hard work and money.

so

2. beg in PM

Read my posts. I have asked him many times already that I meant no offense to him. I have clarified my response, but it seems like there is another hidden agenda behind this.

I do not doubt his ability either, but his motivation is really amplified by a lack of resistance and the implied support by many other members as you can judge from just this one thread.

I am asking the community for help on how to solve this problem. I'm seeking help from everyone and I also needed to make everyone who holds Gamecoin aware of this upcoming threat so that they can take appropriate action.

I have already talked with devs who can fix the chain if BCX attacks Gamecoin. That was the first thing on my to-do list after he threatened Gamecoin. It'd still be much damage to Gamecoin and I'd obviously hate to see it attacked.

I hope BCX leaves GME alone.

Gamecoin Official Thread
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:02:42 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 09:26:14 PM by kalus

Are you saying it is ok to ruin a coin just because there's no law that criminalizes it? Who is asking for government intervention now? I'm merely asking why the community is supporting this kind of behaviour.

If there's no law that criminalizes the action, then you can't say it's illegal.  move on.  you are free to engage in an ethical debate, but at least we agree there is nothing illegal with what is being proposed.  

Read my posts. I have asked him many times already that I meant no offense to him. I have clarified my response,

I am reading your posts.  you call him an "anonymous criminal hacker".  why not start by toning down your rhetoric?  You just admitted there is no law against this.  

...this implied appreciation and lack of resistance against anonymous criminal hackers and their supporters...

The 'community' should be interested in supporting stronger coins with better fundamentals, not propping up weak coins.

BCX has helpfully exposed critical weaknesses:  you've spent far too much time on marketing rather than trying to  prevent something like this from happening.  It's not my problem you cannot protect your coin against 500mhash of mining power.  Its clear you cannot take criticism, and you possibly don't even know how to fix this flaw in your coin.  I'd advise you to take BCX's advice and cash out, because i think you've swam into the deep end.  

What are you doing for Gamecoin? Why are you expecting me to do it all for you?
You don't seem to realize the value of your coin needs to be based on reality.  I'm pointing out Gamecoin is overvalued.  it can be taken down by $40,000 in video cards.  this means the total value of gamecoin is worth far less than $40,000.  

Why are you expecting me to do it all for you?
because YOU run the OFFICIAL GAMECOIN THREAD!  are you now saying you don't want to take over development of this coin?  the door's right there.

This is the new official Gamecoin thread with regular updates.

You're the one who bought your own hype.  sorry.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 09:34:58 PM

If there's no law that criminalizes the action, then you can't say it's illegal.  move on.  you are free to engage in an ethical debate, but at least we agree there is nothing illegal with what is being proposed.  

Of course BCX is a criminal. His attack might not be criminal, but his use of botnets certainly is.

...this implied appreciation and lack of resistance against anonymous criminal hackers and their supporters...

The 'community' should be interested in supporting stronger coins with better fundamentals, not propping up weak coins.

BCX has helpfully exposed critical weaknesses:  you've spent far too much time on marketing rather than trying to  prevent something like this from happening.  It's not my problem you cannot protect your coin against 500mhash of mining power.  Its clear you cannot take criticism, and you possibly don't even know how to fix this flaw in your coin.  I'd advise you to take BCX's advice and cash out, because i think you've swam into the deep end.  

I'm not too sure anyone should be happy to receive help from criminals.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

So GaomeC0inFuture posted this at 2014-01-27, 23:06:43
It is now 2014-01-28, 17:34:58

BCX only has 5.5 hours left.  Still no fork.  LOL
KoningKaas

Activity: 168