Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:32:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A user here threatened to multi fork Gamecoin within 24 hours. What can we do?  (Read 7326 times)
GamecoinFuture (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:45:48 PM

If there's no law that criminalizes the action, then you can't say it's illegal.  move on.  you are free to engage in an ethical debate, but at least we agree there is nothing illegal with what is being proposed.  

I never claimed it is not illegal. I believe it is, many others over here do as well. I'm not a lawyer though, I can't tell you what laws this would violate.

I am reading your posts.  you call him an "anonymous criminal hacker".  why not start by toning down your rhetoric?  You just admitted there is no law against this.  

The 'community' should be interested in supporting stronger coins with better fundamentals, not propping up weak coins.

BCX has helpfully exposed critical weaknesses:  you've spent far too much time on marketing rather than trying to  prevent something like this from happening.  It's not my problem you cannot protect your coin against 500mhash of mining power.  Its clear you cannot take criticism, and you possibly don't even know how to fix this flaw in your coin.  I'd advise you to take BCX's advice and cash out, because i think you've swam into the deep end.  

I am open to criticism. Thanks for your advice, but sorry, don't expect me to dump my coins and run away. I owed it to everyone to make them aware of this threat.

You don't seem to realize the value of your coin needs to be based on reality.  I'm pointing out Gamecoin is overvalued.  it can be taken down by $40,000 in video cards.  this means the total value of gamecoin is worth far less than $40,000.  

How about let the market decide what's the fair value and stop endorsing aggression by an anonymous hacker? Why would someone care what your perception of value is? I'm all for letting the market determine value.

because YOU run the OFFICIAL GAMECOIN THREAD!  are you now saying you don't want to take over development of this coin?  the door's right there.

You're the one who bought your own hype.  sorry.

Yes, I do run the official Gamecoin thread. GamecoinFuture is a group of individuals committed to Gamecoin. I'm committed and passionate about Gamecoin, but still I'm just a stakeholder at most. There was zero premine. While I'm happy to do everything I'm doing, do not make unreasonable demands from me. I'm a human like you or anyone else. I have my own pace and limitations but I do my best.

Gamecoin Official Thread
GME: GZCd7yLMATKdao3btJ8YCrnSqXYfj4qdvx
BTC: 17XZKtrVEyDQxANwYQwDmqcwkNhRjzJZAc
lasciv

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:48:46 PM

Marketing.  Grin Grin Grin

Is this a new way to promote a coin, without giveaways? Boogyman on my doorstep.. Wink
Eex77

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:03:27 AM

Well the clocks running out, is BCX actually going to do it or are they just gonna run off tail between their legs?

DOGE: D9X7qReZrCzkWefgt5FW55ENftoLiyvZHq             BTC: 1NXinRxyWhuetk7VTqUE2xFepbFJUD4MZf             EAC: epECRCi4eLytstZZiD57gXRoLwEJLgTgZx
GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:26:12 AM

Why are you guys so eager to watch it getting destroyed?

Go play COD or watch a war movie

Gamecoin Official Thread
sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 01:28:23 AM

All high end miners at the Vegas Conference were talking about forking every shitty altcoin. not saying yours is or pointing any fingers but this is there plan.

They bought out all the video cards for this sole purpose to band together and destory as many altcoins as possible.

Good luck to you all.

Forks incoming.

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:22:47 AM

So what I take out of this is that CEX.IO should have gone for the 51%+ of the hashrate.   That would be the might makes right - coin is designed that way arguements here.  Quick, someone mail CEX.IO and let them know the feeling is "If you can take it, its yours"
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:00:31 AM

All high end miners at the Vegas Conference were talking about forking every shitty altcoin. not saying yours is or pointing any fingers but this is there plan.

They bought out all the video cards for this sole purpose to band together and destory as many altcoins as possible.

Good luck to you all.

Forks incoming.
That's mean.
So what I take out of this is that CEX.IO should have gone for the 51%+ of the hashrate.   That would be the might makes right - coin is designed that way arguements here.  Quick, someone mail CEX.IO and let them know the feeling is "If you can take it, its yours"
If cex.io can do 51%, imagine what e.g. the US gov could buy. I think until the blockchain is secure of any gov intervention a few years will pass.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
garicup

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:02:29 AM

This was fairly amusing to read...

Please can't end like this, I need to know how this movie ended. Any announcement for when season 6 finale happens?? Was supposed to be 1 hour ago on my watch...

Season 5 (Page 5 of thread) was my favourite btw, I like the "Kalus" character that was intoduced!

KALUS ! - "Defender of all cryptos, supporter of hash not crime, healer of the north, ally of ded crap coin movement....bringer of facts" ((Best char))

PS - I'm not defending BCX's behavious, I don't want your coin dead, but the points of the the other side is fairly valid ...sigh its Game of Thrones mixed feelings all over again

Also I have no stake in GME...watching from neutral standpoint is...I almost want to throw some hash at it though, this makes good publicity, plus then I can be a character when this makes big screen
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:02:56 AM

Well the clocks running out, is BCX actually going to do it or are they just gonna run off tail between their legs?

Yup yet again BCX fails to deliver.  All hype.
GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:06:54 AM

Why are you so trying to make this happen? It is a good thing if he decided to leave GME alone.

Why don't you ask BCX to fork the coin that you hold?

Gamecoin Official Thread
anderl

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:17:56 AM

Why are you so trying to make this happen? It is a good thing if he decided to leave GME alone.

Why don't you ask BCX to fork the coin that you hold?

because he can't even fork a dead coin if he had the chance.  you give him too much credit and if you are scared as a coin dev then your coin deserves to die as you are not smart enough to maintain it.
GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:23:05 AM

because he can't even fork a dead coin if he had the chance.  you give him too much credit and if you are scared as a coin dev then your coin deserves to die as you are not smart enough to maintain it.

"scared" would not be the right word to use. A lot of people have expectations from me, I am trying to not disappoint them. This is not person to person warfare, this is person to community warfare.

What do you mean by I am not smart enough to maintain it? We have developers ready to fix it in case a fork happens. It doesn't mean we will welcome a fork just because we can fix it. In the coming times, we might grow to a point where we become a lot more immune to such attacks.

Gamecoin Official Thread
anderl

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:27:33 AM

"scared" would not be the right word to use. A lot of people have expectations from me, I am trying to not disappoint them. This is not person to person warfare, this is person to community warfare.

What do you mean by I am not smart enough to maintain it? We have developers ready to fix it in case a fork happens. It doesn't mean we will welcome a fork just because we can fix it. In the coming times, we might grow to a point where we become a lot more immune to such attacks.

you must be the idea guy.  you don't develop your self.  figures.

I hope BCX tries to fork it just to prove at least once out of the dozens of threats he has made over them months.

"scared" is the right word since you are not confident enough in being able to protect the coin.
GamecoinFuture (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:39:30 AM

you must be the idea guy.  you don't develop your self.  figures.

I hope BCX tries to fork it just to prove at least once out of the dozens of threats he has made over them months.

"scared" is the right word since you are not confident enough in being able to protect the coin.

Every coin can be forked given enough hashpower is available and one is motivated enough to cause destruction. I'm not scared, I'm rather cautious. Are you able to protect the coin? Is there anyone else who is? Why don't you join in, I can only do so much then why expect the heavenly powers from me?  That's all I'm asking.

Gamecoin Official Thread
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:24:28 AM

OOPS

~BCX~

how many forks ?

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:27:36 AM

OOPS

~BCX~

Good for you. Now what did you accompish? You get a big fat edick? Thats gonna get you far in life

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
xIronCrossx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:47:38 AM

So, all you've managed to do is waste someone's work. Congrats to you.

BTC - 1Comr6M3WohRK94Wi1PVTV8szhxjzLd9yd
Eex77

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:17:43 AM

So, all you've managed to do is waste someone's work. Congrats to you.

Nah, they'll simply roll back to the last CP.

Thats the whole reason for 24hr notice.

~BCX~

So why bother with it then?

DOGE: D9X7qReZrCzkWefgt5FW55ENftoLiyvZHq             BTC: 1NXinRxyWhuetk7VTqUE2xFepbFJUD4MZf             EAC: epECRCi4eLytstZZiD57gXRoLwEJLgTgZx
anderl

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:16:34 PM

You were saying?

~BCX~

Block chain or it didn't happen.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:00:08 PM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: