Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:49:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO investment is dead?  (Read 570 times)
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:25:06 PM

There are lot of scam ICO in the cryptocurrency market.

In 2018 year not many good ico are coming in the market.

Is ICO market dead?

What do you thinking?

And yet you have deeponion on your signature?
You will just have to pick the right one.
I am new when it comes to ICO but I somehow get it why mostly people are being scammed.
They do not read anymore. Just going with the flow of hype and did not even tried to read the whitepaper.
That is the problem.
Also, those impatient ones who wants the money back in just a month or a couple. They did not see the roadmap either. Why? Because it is in the whitepaper which they did not read.
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 08:25:41 PM

ICO market is still young. Soon the market is waiting for a lot of changes that would be better.

Scammers use the fact that now there is no definite control, but everything will change soon

johnokeefe09

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:26:15 PM

I partially agree with you. Yes there are so many scams in the market right now. But the number of real ICO is not so few. So many new projects are being  launched everyday and the so many projects are growing with the crowd funding and I believe it will be continued till some decades.  
Neutrality

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:28:41 PM

I do not think that ICO as an instrument for investing is dead. Look at Telegram ICO. Telegram has raised a huge amount of money during private sale which is good indicator that big investors are in the game
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 08:33:16 PM

Is ICO market dead?

What do you thinking?
I don't think so. There are still a lot of great projects but just many scam projects that pollutes the market. I just hope that people will get smarter on choosing between a legitimate ICO and a scam ICO.

LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 08:34:45 PM

Is ICO market dead?

What do you thinking?

Not dead but just slowly becoming more and more unusual.

As you said, because of scam ICOs, people are becoming skeptical for a good reason. So good ICOs are still out there but you really have to go out of your way, do proper research and THEN invest.
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:36:13 PM

ICOs are very much alive.
It is difficult to select the good ones with so many scams. The bearish trend is also killing confidence.
Be cautious about how you invest.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Xoce6patxopxe

Activity: 350
Merit: 133

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:38:34 PM

Look at seele or quarkchain. It's very cool ICO. And it's very to hard to take part in it. And there are many cool ICO. But they dont' have any bounty

I also do not understand how one can reason that the market for new projects has died. On the market every week there are many strong and interesting projects that give their early investors a profit of x2-x10, while still have huge potential for growth. Of the latter, I consider such projects as PCHAIN and NKN - top blockchains!

BitcoinFotw

Activity: 103

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:34:25 PM

Ico investments are not dead. There is still a lot of money to be made from investing in icos, they are still one of the best ways for you to make the highest ROI
Fenixsfeather

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 09:45:27 PM

ICO is nice place to found funds on perspective projects. Sadly scammers aren't sleep, but I think this problem will be solved.

Octc76

Activity: 275

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:00:42 PM

Is ICO market dead?

What do you thinking?
this year is a lot of gaps that occur in the ICO. some ICO did not reach the target even until a scam.
it can be caused by ICO which is not based on the team and good concept
but I think. ICO is not dead .. because there are still many ICO is really legit and able to develop well.
and investing in ICO is still profitable.
molenracing

Activity: 199

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:02:32 PM

I agree, because it is true that at the moment there are so many projects that do not pay, and that makes a very deep disappointment. but actually I do not want this to end, as this can get lucrative for any Crypto player who plays in it. I can not imagine, if the Ico project no longer exists, then from where I can get the token for free.
Parasomniac

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:08:14 PM

It's not dead. It's just harder to find something worthy because there are a lot of mediocre projects. But if you analyze projects attentively, then everything will be ok.
btctop1

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 10:08:44 PM

No, I do not agree. Investment in ICO as it was, so it is. Just projects have become much more and choosing something worthwhile has become more difficult. But still, there are campaigns that collect hard-cap for a week or less. So everything works, we must look for it better.
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:08:57 PM

No, it's not. But it will very soon. Who knows, we can see it 2019, that there is no ICO. This is because of those greedy people, who bring scam projects then they steal people's assets, and then they went away. Such a shame for them. Those scammers will die in the bathroom.

I always feel sorry for the investors who lost their money by investing in ICO. 80% ICOs are scamming and failing. So, it will happen very very soon; there will be no ICO anymore.

Fippy

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:09:00 PM

I think in this year/month/week all are the same. When i started invest in ICO it was August 2017. There was just 10 ICOs in week and one of it was scam. Not there are 100 ICO in week and we have something about 10 scam from it.
Regards, you need to be very picky where to invest.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
Bithemoth

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

All-encompassing blockchain trading platform

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 10:11:34 PM

Not dead but it's definitely harder to succeed with your ICO given how many scams have been going around...

But if you're looking for a new ICO to invest in, check out our ANN thread, we won't disappoint!:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3311741.0

At Bithemoth, we're developing an all-encompassing trading platform.

Here is what sets us apart from the existing platforms:

• We plan to streamline signup process. Too many exchanges have created so many hoops for users to jump through in order to use their exchange
  • Our UI will be very clean. This is a main focus for our platform. Existing exchanges can be very confusing for users new to the crypto space.
  • The in-house portfolio management allows users to easily assess their investments with features such as average buy cost, current value, cumulative portfolio performance, and more.
  • It’s well known that the support systems that exchanges have setup are highly inefficient and frustrating for users. We will have dedicated systems in place to ensure users have no issues when utilizing our platform. Along with that, we’ll have multilingual support.
  • All the features we support on our platform will have a video explanation ensuring smooth trading
  • We will introduce fiat to crypto transactions and vice-versa
  • Mobile App
  • Marketplace where users can use crypto/fiat to buy products and services
  • An integrated specialized hardware wallet for users to store all their assets
  • Bithemoth payment cards – this is expected to be integrated within the first 2-3 years of operation
  • Brick and mortar locations that allow people to come in, speak with our team, learn more about the crypto space, learn how to get started with our exchange. Pretty much an educational service

Those are the main features, there are small things that I always forget about! But it’s all in our whitepaper. With a partner like ReddCoin, and the other projects we are currently in talks with regarding a partnership, you do not want to miss out on this opportunity.

—————  BITHEMOTH.com  CRYPTOCURRENCY TRADING                     
——— ╳❰ All-Encompassing Exchange Platform ❱╳ ———
Lagrood

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:13:42 PM

No, you are wrong because there are nice companies with a good potential. You need to investigate each company before investing carefully but right now there is good opportunity to buy BTC or ETH on low prices with small risk and not to do anything more.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:13:57 PM

It's still kicking so it only means that they are not yet dead. But the day will come that these scammers will look for another way to scam people and the ICO market will start to shatter. Only the real companies and with real use for the token will remain into the ICO market. And the people who are only here to make and collect money from the investors with their pump and dump coin will soon to be tired of it when almost no one is interested with their useless ICO's anymore.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:18:03 PM

Not dead because it's unlikely to die. It's the new trend that will help mass adoption of cryptocurrency. However many has used it to scam others.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: