Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:15:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the impact to Crypto Market if we meet global crisis again?  (Read 484 times)
xiangyi (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:38:41 AM

Could anyone help to analyse what's the impact to crypto market if we meet global crisis again this year or next year? In the situation that the crisis will be even larger than 2008.
As is known in 2008, the global economy meets liquidity problem, hedge funds and banks sold their positions to get money.
So if we meet crisis, shall we assume that these institutions/individuals will get money back from crypto market first?

BTC: 1H3DUXaDVhrVv6Kh3uwQmmy81MUTYKfKFC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Uno17

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:01:36 AM

If there will be global crisis again, automatically everything is affected too even crypto market that has no actual body form. Crisis is everywhere and universal when it strikes. Market will fluctuate together with the world crisis and of course inflation and deflation is expected to happen anytime and affect all our economy. Crypto might possibly collapse as well, hope it won’t.
donalfonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:16:48 AM

A global financial crisis now will affect crypto currencies also as people will have less income to invest in cryptos, more importantly it will open a window for regulatory bodies to target cryptos as regulatory bodies worldwide will seek to intervene in the financial market to prevent its collapse hence will target any unregulated financial market or ecosystem.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
sate_padang

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:23:12 AM

I think when we meet the global crisis again bitcoin can handle all these problems, and bitcoin can be a solution to it all.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3607

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 03:24:30 PM

If a global financial crisis occurs again, the only beneficiary is assets with a value as gold and silver.
The cryptocurrency market is still dependent on the financial system. The majority of those who enter the market aim to make a quick profit, meaning that the Bitcoin is not independent in its operations.
So a breakdown or correction will occur for all cryptocurrencies, the result of this collapse is the completion of 98% of all cryptocurrencies.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hiddenmist

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:47:21 PM

Could anyone help to analyse what's the impact to crypto market if we meet global crisis again this year or next year? In the situation that the crisis will be even larger than 2008.
As is known in 2008, the global economy meets liquidity problem, hedge funds and banks sold their positions to get money.
So if we meet crisis, shall we assume that these institutions/individuals will get money back from crypto market first?

The only winner if there will be a global crisis is gold and silver because it is the oldest currency ever built. Cryptocurrency and fiat currency will be affected but I think cryptocurrency will survive it.

Revprojects

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:40:26 PM

I think the next global crisis would have a negative impact on the crypto market, as the money deficit in this case will be filled at the expense of the crypto market as well. I hope this doesn't happen.
nicpaig

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:46:21 PM

I dont think so. If we meet crisis then I think it is hard for them to get what they had lost because we are still on a crisis. I think crisis can affect our market especially when it become worse.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:52:08 PM

Of course the crisis will affect the crypto market, I even suppose prices will fall to points of last year's, when bitcoin costed 200-500$. It is going to be the hard time and I guess the crypto market will need several years to recover itself.
Ais08

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:17:57 PM

Of course the crisis will affect the crypto market, I even suppose prices will fall to points of last year's, when bitcoin costed 200-500$. It is going to be the hard time and I guess the crypto market will need several years to recover itself.

Surely this will be very difficult to rebuild, if we see prices back in the range of 200 or 500 dollars per BTC, but if we get easier to get BTC if it happens then it is a profit for everyone for the future ...
laryillary

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:24:38 PM

The peculiarity of catastrophic situations is that they can only be explained retroactively, but not predicted. New forecasts appear regularly. Governments announce their intention to create national crypto-currencies, financial institutions are also interested in blocking.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:31:25 PM

It will be big, just take a look for what happened for the first quarter. Stocks are down, bitcoin fall. This only means that
The cryptocurrency market is still dependent on the financial system.

There's a possibility that they'll get their money back from crypto so there will be a massive sell and the market will be bearish again. But I don't think they'll get their money "first" in crypto, they'll get it first from their shares / stocks.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:39:07 PM

I think the global economic crisis will not affect the crypto world. even the crypto world is the solution to create economic stability.

only a centralized economic system will be affected by the global economic crisis. and this is what makes decentralized systems attract my attention.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 10:55:58 PM

It would be hard to predict what will happen if a global crisis came again there are possibilities that all crypto market will drop a lot that can result of panic selling, but I think some exchange will stop to exchange any cryptocurrency because they are afraid to become exhausted until the global crisis stop.

However, since bitcoin is unpredictable we don't know what would happen in bitcoin if the global crisis came, but I think it's impossible for now to meet the global crisis again these following years.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:18:05 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 06:27:41 PM by r32godzilla

Definitely it would have a negative impact on crypto market as Its a highly sensitive market fluctuating highly even for a small negative news.And with such a big financial crisis,i think that crypto market would crash.I think that as earlier,once again people would run towards gold if an economic crisis happens.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
greenvally

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:19:02 AM

If global crisis happens it affects not only crypto market but also whole economy also. If this happens then crypto market will fall down and investor may withdraw their investment. But i think it not happens.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:22:36 AM

If there is crisis in the whole financial market then it will affect crypto currencies too but as fiat survived it then the crypto also will survive it.But the crypto currencies are decentralized so it all depends on the investors who react if there is down fall in the finance system,if they continue to hols then it will have no effect on the crypto field.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:19:51 AM

any kind of economical crisis usually forces people to start investing their money into things with great potential of growth. for a couple of years now bitcoin is also in the list of things that people invest into to store their money in case of a crisis or just for a long term investment with a lot of potential. with that said a crisis like that would obviously lead to bitcoin price rise, most probably a sharp shoot to the moon.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
IPVPIRL

Activity: 192
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:24:10 AM

Guys seriously i don't really understand your judgement on this.
You should realize that with next global crisis, if it takes less than 2-3 years to happen, this market will definitely rise to unseen levels. Bitcoin and most of cryptocurrencies are bulletproof to financial market fluctuations. If economy crashes tomorrow you will see investors panic buying bitcoin and other crypto at any market price for months, up to 50-100k$.
You think gold has any utility and funds can keep up doing their business with it? Or do you think banks that are usually the first target, are secure and will be able to cope? You've already tasted what happens in these situations, back in 2008.
There was no bitcoin then, so funds actually profited by investing in gold, but they couldn't actually produce anything with these funds. In my opinion, tech evolution was stalled for 50 years during this period of 2008-2012. The incredible tech we would have had by today will probably happen in 20-30 years because the funds had no other option. Bitcoin/blockchain/other crypto's can be used as a haven in desperate times and help technology and humanity evolve during any downturn. Funds will be safe and their investment will give a push to growth faster, by being able to utilize and liquidate easily, transferring cash and funding tech around the world, unlike anything that investment in gold does.
In 2015, Greece enforced capital controls on everyone's account, limiting withdrawals to 60euro's per day. Also they blocked every wire transfer outside the country for many months and businesses needed to get special permission from the government to move a small amount of their funds for imports. Do you know where bitcoin was in 2015? At the absolute bottom since 2013. The last bull run started at that point.
A member of the European Union was treated like garbage by the scumbag mafia that runs it, mostly for geopolitical reasons. Most intelligent people understood that EU was a joke and is overtaken by thugs, so bitcoin profited from it. Same happened with Cyprus a few months later and that was the confirmation. Confirmation for 1) people losing faith and trust in European Union/EU laughable monetary system and 2) for bitcoin's bull run beginning. Intelligent funds from Japan/Korea noticed that and bought millions of Bitcoin in April-June 2017, so recent bull run didn't stop at 1500$ but ended at 20k. Japan's economy also has stagnation problems all these years and funds managed to find a way to make real money again.
Venezuela is collapsing mainly due to many years of economic war. What do the people do there? They use bitcoin, which is stable as a straight line compared to their peso. 5k to 20k bitcoin price fluctuations doesn't mean a thing when you live in this situation. Their currency can lose 90% of it's value in a week.
These are a few solid examples and in my opinion, even if there is no global crisis, cryptocurrency market will explode to trillions of dollars by 2021. This is no hype, i don't care if we revisit 1k$/btc, as i will keep buying and saving in Bitcoin mainly and other crypto's that have real utility.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:18:53 AM

there will definitely be a huge rise in bitcoin price as there will be a huge wave of people coming in to dump their money for the only decentralized currency that nobody can control and is secure enough to store their value.

additionally I think for at least a short while we may see an altcoin pump as some will be fooled into investing in altcoins thanks to the advertisement but I doubt that can last long because all the pumpers will want to go back to bitcoin and store their money there in case of a crisis so we may see a total destruction of altcoins after a couple of months.

Only Bitcoin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: