Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:23:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to ensure the safety of wallet?  (Read 907 times)
Atila0712

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:07:58 AM

Frequent change of passwords and proper antivirus is must in crypto security.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 11:13:03 AM

If you want to store and hold coins for long time is preffered to choose paperwallet or you can choose hardware wallet like ledger nano s, trezor and so on. If you can't find paper wallet for some coins you can scan wallet after download before run on virustotal to see if safe to run, sometimes virustotal give a false positive detection, but better scan and ask on forum if you see some detection before run wallet.
Tux99

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:16:07 AM

I am new one in this market place, so it is important to know the safety issues of the wallet. Please someone help to understand the issues of safety of the market.

Well most of the time wallets are pretty safe with all the security features like private keys and phrases and two factor authentication. The problem is if you become careless with these information because more often than not, your wallet can be comprimised only if you give these infos away
I agree with you. All the wallet already offer good high security to protect our asset so we just need to be care.
If we not carefully about scam website and phising link or other dangerous accusion, then this level our wallet is in high risk.
arkaasay

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:29:35 AM

if the coin you have is a coin ERC-20 then use metamask that terpung directly to myetherwallet. do two-factor authentication, and never save cookies to your browser, use an effective and antivirus. and never give or tell your private key to anyone else.
papagapa

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:28:31 PM

You need to find out which wallet you need at first, then coming to safety. Safety for anything is just not to share it to anywhere through internet, or simply not to share.
ahmed04

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:12:58 PM

It really depends on the wallet that you got. But in any circumstance, you have not to hold either your password, or private keys on your computer, especially on DESKTOP. Because any virus can get the codes and get your wallet through hacker use.                                                                       
Shushale65

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:09:27 PM

Make your crypto currency purse as secure as possible by these methods:
1) Activating two-factor authentication on it.
2) Tying a mobile phone.
NevejElad

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:24:23 PM

It is not 100% sure but at least it will serve as precautions to the safety of your wallet, when you opening your folders that contain passwords ,private keys ,do not open the sites which are phising that is warning, do not overexpose your private key even to myetherwallet url, open your wallet for viewing only , put your private key only during transaction direct to trading sites , avoid telling your friends about your secret passwords and keys they might be tempted to do such dishonest works.
AliErkic

Activity: 135
Merit: 2

xrp shitcoin is SCAM - get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:29:39 PM

Make your crypto currency purse as secure as possible by these methods:
1) Activating two-factor authentication on it.
2) Tying a mobile phone.
Best option is to avoid logins on phones because it is known mobile devices are very lame to attacks from outside.
2FA i can agree. is good  Smiley

xrp shitcoin is SCAM!  ***  Get out!  ***  Don't get scammed by Ripple Labs and scammer Garlinghouse *** xrp shitcoin is SCAM!  ***  Get out!!!
antolinicio1

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:45:03 PM

I am new one in this market place, so it is important to know the safety issues of the wallet. Please someone help to understand the issues of safety of the market.
If you want to drezhat your altkoina long and you aren't going to sell them at once, then the most well-tried remedy will be - storage on purses. The best e-wallet for tokens of ERC20 - MyEtherWallet is considered. Still it is possible to buy a hardware purse (Trezor or Ledger) is the safest of all ways.

Long Bitcoin , Short the Bankers
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:51:52 PM

Ensuring the safety of your wallet is critical, there is nothing more important than that, some people take the security of their wallet as if it was nothing and then they cry when a hacker steals from them all the money they had, the first step you need to take is what wallet you are going to use, the safest is without a doubt a hardware wallet those cost money but in my opinion it is a little investment that is completely worth it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
veejay2716

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:52:37 PM

Well, always remember to keep your wallet safe be sure that your the only one who knows your private keys and never shared it to anyone, try to have a notes so you can have back up on it.
kamalkk

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 10:17:23 AM

All wallet has a security system is assured. so no need to be concerned and afraid of how security wallet for future later. Although many affected wallet hack news from people who are not responsible, but that's not because hackers are clever. but because users are too careless!
airflame2

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:53:08 AM

I'm not gonna say "keep your private key secure"

Never mind the software wallets, if you are getting in the crypto business for real, use a hardware wallet. It's the most secure way to store your portfolio. If it's hard to obtain a hardware wallet in your location, you turn an external hard disk to a hardware wallet, if you want to know how, use google, I'm not a tech expert.

Stolen account. Airflame acocunt have been stolen look out !

Dont trade, talk or make some kind of business to this cunt.

More info here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2347562.msg23913134#msg23913134
Hishad32

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:53:58 AM

in my view i purchased a hardware wallet and in no way seemed returned (ledger) it is been excellent for me and i sense a lot more secure. I maintain all my non-public keys as hardcopy and allow 2FA on all exchanges. Of the crypto I very own that have their very own wallets I generally tend to keep hardcopy seed words and on occasion for the smaller quantities on pc in a secure program like dashlane.
Gorodcoin

Activity: 264

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:41:56 PM

Ensure it by storing all private information (private keys, pass phrases and etc.) on your usb flash drive or simple writing in your note, use it carefully
BlueBobbins1

Activity: 77
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:23:13 PM

There are a lot of security options.But I think the most safe to keep your coins in at least 5 to 10 different places and coins.This will provide security ,though not full ,but definitely you can't lose all your sberezhenia!
Sumejwe

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:39:15 AM

you can ensure that your coins are protected by ensuring that you store your passwords, private keys and other delicate data that is related with your wallet disconnected in a place where nobody can get to them. on the off chance that you are utilizing a trade where your coins are for briefly, at that point you should exploit the two factor check security convention that has been set up.
saelernet

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:48:07 AM

Do not store passwords on your desktop. Archive the folder and store it on a flash drive. Passwords must be original. Print on sheet.
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:09:02 AM

No one can ensure us the safety of our wallet. Its depending on ours. If we keep our private key safe and store our coin/token on hardwallet, its more safety and comfort for us because hacker always improve their skill.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: