Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:57:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to ensure the safety of wallet?  (Read 907 times)
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:02:21 PM

Myetherwallet got hacked, i was advised by a friend who happened to be more experienced than me to get hardware wallet, he said private keys stay always in the hardware wallet, i went for it. If it is what you can afford you had better get it.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
invo

Activity: 535

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:09:28 PM

I am new one in this market place, so it is important to know the safety issues of the wallet. Please someone help to understand the issues of safety of the market.
dont expose any important information of your wallet, the account balance, and most importantly the private key or any other ways to unlock your wallet, or the password. dont trust it to anyone even in your friends, just to be safe.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:12:38 PM

Myetherwallet got hacked, i was advised by a friend who happened to be more experienced than me to get hardware wallet, he said private keys stay always in the hardware wallet, i went for it. If it is what you can afford you had better get it.
MEW wallet is easy to hack if you get too much information to someone. We can ensure the safety of our online wallet by just keeping your private keys on safe, and don’t trust any links because it can be a phishing site. Hard wallet is pretty good but I thinks that’s not an ERC20 capable so its really up to you. We must secure our wallet from the scammers so our money will be more worth it.
Zheko87

Activity: 172
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:23:59 PM

Best way to save your crypto- using ladger or trezor
veter2601

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:40:18 PM

I am new one in this market place, so it is important to know the safety issues of the wallet. Please someone help to understand the issues of safety of the market.
To fully protect your scriptactive I advise you to use hardware wallets best Trezor , Ledger ... that eliminates the possibility of exposing your password or private key. Personally I use the ledger wallet nano s
Elorika

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:41:32 PM

well, after creating the wallet I downloaded metamask , kept the key in a separate place where I could know is that the key I kept on a computer , and if in case what I just through it and came

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 08:47:43 PM

There are many options to secure your wallet. You can go for a hardware wallet which is the safest or you could use metamask which is more secured than using MEW. You can also use the desktop app of mycrypto which is just awesome and safe

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Michaelpascual

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:10:56 AM

There are many ways how you can secure your wallet. First if you are using myetherwallet never trust to anyone your private key and to any sites in internet some of them are phising sites. The seurity of your wallet depends on you.
karagun125

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 12:17:27 AM

I think you have to keep secretly with you your private key, whether to keep it in your accounts in any social media privately, or write it in a notepad that only you can see it. Beware also of loging in unto phising sites and if you use the same username, make sure that the password you would make will not be the same as to your wallet account so that you wont be hacked by someone.
jerlen17

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:33:11 AM

I am only using myetherwallet and coins.ph wallet. I keep may private key and password away to anyone and make sure that i am the only one who can access those private key. And it is very safe until now. And it is easy to use. Just keep safe my private key.
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:35:39 AM

First of all only install trusted wallet. Make sure wallet you will get is the official wallet or trusted like for example store btc from wallet listed in bitcoin.org or eth from metamask and myetherwallet. It will be nice if you wan get your hardwallet like trezor. Then make sure you have latest antivirus/anti walmare in your computer or android/ios phone. When opening wallet write down or save in safe place where you have access and wont be forgotten your seed and private key coz once you lose them it will be impossible to open your wallet . And last but not the least never share your private key to anyone even not even for a website. Also take note to be careful in opening link from emails or chat coz that may be phishing. Goodluck and welcome to crypto world.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
Luckym7

Activity: 212

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:40:16 PM

If you want to safety your wallet so it is a very important thing if you use online wallet it is possible to hack because too many people already face this problem. At the moment MEW is not safe so you can use another wallet for your safety. Another option you have to use of line wallet that means hardware wallet if you use hardware wallet so you can ensure your wallet is safety.
5hoursaday

Activity: 127

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 01:50:33 PM

I don't know if I fully understand what you mean, nut I do not think that there's anyway that anyone could possibly ensure the safety of their wallet, except you mean on your part, and not the system's. If that is is, then you might want to consider not sharing your passwords, private keys and any other login info with anyone. Keep them as safe as possible, and have the 2factor authentication activated for your accounts.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:43:43 PM

I am only using myetherwallet and coins.ph wallet. I keep may private key and password away to anyone and make sure that i am the only one who can access those private key. And it is very safe until now. And it is easy to use. Just keep safe my private key.

I think that's hiw it is mostly with crypto wallets. Even though hacks happen sometimes, they're more in email phising where you only get victimized if you're not careful with your private information. Though if you have a big amount of btc, best suggestion would be to secure it in a hard wallet.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
runor

Activity: 150
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:53:30 PM

If there is a way of hacking, then most likely it can not be saved, but as a precautionary measure, you do not need to store the key on the computer!
Abeycity9917

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:02:16 PM

Ensure that the source from where you are downloading the mobile wallet software as well as any other phone apps is authentic. Authorised app stores such as Google Play store, Apple iTunes, Windows App store, etc. should be you first and only choice for downloading new apps on your phone. These apps undergo extensive tests and feature a much higher level of security as compared to less trustworthy sources.

delton22

Activity: 345

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 10:27:00 PM

The safety of your wallet depends on how you handle your private keys and mnemonic phrases. do not give them out to any other person except you and never fill in your private keys into any airdrop that says so because most airdrops are scams these days.
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:45:43 PM

For you to properly ensure the safety of a wallet you need to make sure that you are using all of the methods available to secure the wallet. Always make sure that you are the only one that has access to the private keys, passwords and emails to your wallet so that way you can be sure that no one else will be getting into your account to withdraw your coins

martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:47:27 PM

Never share your password or private keys in public especially over the internet.
make more than 2 copies of your password/private keys to your computer
also write it down on a paper and save some in your USD.
this will make you more safe.
make sure also about the website link you are dealing.

ivanklich

Activity: 199

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:18:55 PM

It is necessary to adhere to the obvious security measures-this: do not tell anyone your passwords and secret keys, do not go to third-party sites (always check the correct adress of the wallet site). If the passwords are stored on your flash drive never put it in unfamiliar computers (it's like protection in real life  Grin). It is best to write everything down on paper. You can also use a hardware wallet for security.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: