Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:40:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to ensure the safety of wallet?  (Read 907 times)
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:59:14 PM

I thought a lot about this topic, but the most important thing that came to my mind right now is that there are currently no completely secure systems that would have all the guarantees today that you will never be hacked. The most important vulnerability is a person.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
laynum

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:07:10 PM

There are some basic rules I think you might want to adhere to. Never share your passwords or any other private and important information with anyone. Activate the two factor authentication for all your accounts, and make sure you keep all your passwords, private keys and other necessary info somewhere safe but easily accessible.
Melit02

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:14:36 PM

You should be wise on securing your passwords because hackers are doing everything just to get the money of others. Never give your wallets to anyone, save it to a very private document. They can trace you in your IP address so be careful about that.
ivlvov

Activity: 140

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:38:50 PM

I am new one in this market place, so it is important to know the safety issues of the wallet. Please someone help to understand the issues of safety of the market.
Well, if you are using an internet wallet, then never enter your private key in any of the electronic forms as this is a fraud. Also, do not move on suspicious links from your email, it is very risky. Even the implementation of these rules does not give you any guarantees, better use software wallets.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
alyssajane1982

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:41:11 PM

I am new one in this market place, so it is important to know the safety issues of the wallet. Please someone help to understand the issues of safety of the market.
Well, if you are using an internet wallet, then never enter your private key in any of the electronic forms as this is a fraud. Also, do not move on suspicious links from your email, it is very risky. Even the implementation of these rules does not give you any guarantees, better use software wallets.

I agree, never enter our private keys to any site most specially those that looks legit but are not really, and you are right it is best to use hard wallet compared to online wallet I guess.
Wadolg

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:40:06 AM

It truly relies upon the wallet that you got. Be that as it may, in any condition, you have not to hold either your secret key, or private keys on your PC, particularly on DESKTOP. Since any infection can get the codes and get your wallet through programmer utilize.
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:42:40 AM

From the beginning, I was just as worried as you are, where I can save money and save and increase, but today I have no such questions. Set yourself a metamask and forget about theft problems
Metamask is good and if your are using a centralized exchange, don't forget also to set 2FA authenticator to help protect your money safe, your only worry would be if the exchange will be hacked.
seregeiImaneal

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:01:42 PM

There are some basic rules I think you might want to adhere to. Never share your passwords or any other private and important information with anyone. Activate the two factor authentication for all your accounts, and make sure you keep all your passwords, private keys and other necessary info somewhere safe but easily accessible.

This are basic rules of safety while doing business with cryptocurrency. But it is not about how to increase safety of the wallet you use to stack your assets. But I think most of losses were because of this simple rules non-observance, so this is important too
BTCballa

Activity: 152

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:10:42 PM

There are always some very simple basic rules to keep your wallets secure and it is for your passwords properly, do not use easy ones, you already know all that stuff, it is not that complicated that we all think it is.
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:14:25 AM

For me the best way to ensure the safety of your wallet is by providing a hard password and at the same time by knowing that the company of this business is also providing a good security.
vallarit11

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:19:57 AM

First of all to have a wallet you need to creat new in myetherwallet.com wich will give you erc-20 wallet file and a private key that you need to take care of it, because you might get hacked, dont give it to others or else all of your token will be gone.
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:11:30 PM

Most wallets are well protected, so you do not have to worry about it. It is more important to know and be able to use all the protection benefits of your own computer. This can play a decisive role in keeping savings on your wallet. You need to find a list of all the tips and stick to them.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
markgayamo

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:37:59 PM

There is a lot of ways that you can ensure the safety of your wallet, first always remember your password and code or the private key of your wallet, then don't give your private key or password to anyone even your closes friends and family. Do not sign up into phishing site or fake site it will only wants your information and you might got hack. Put your information in a folder or a notepad that no one knows it, and that's how you secure your account wallet.
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:21:20 PM

Security is a very important thing in crypto. First thing first, download a wallet only from official website/github. Use virustotal to scan it. Run it in a sandbox or on a virtual machine, don't use it on the PC you use for trading/holding crypto assets or other valuable information.

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
Vivif

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:31:28 PM

I always use hardware wallet, like trezor or ledger nano. this type of wallet is very safe in my opinion, because we can save phrase backups in writing and digital (store in flash disk). Besides that, every time we enter or use a wallet we are required to use a pin. Anti-hacking in my opinion, because we can't access our wallet without using this hardware.
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:51:21 PM

to ensure the safety of your wallet, you must keep your password secret, never give your private key to any third party, and make sure you keep your recovery keep as a secret to prevent unauthorised entry into your wallet. You must make sure your entries into your wallet is very personal and secure never give out your private key

It is simple steps that can make your wallet be in safe. I personally great some copies of my key and passwords on a piece of paper and put them in the case.
chidiarua

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 09:59:30 PM

Never store your private key where others have access to it, not even as a draft on your mailbox. Be very careful of the site you visit and input your private key(people have been able to create phishing sites with striking resemblance to MEW). Never fall for this. And always remember to use metamask in sites that require interaction with your wallet. Never provide your private key to anyone.
AMdemzzy072

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:02:00 PM

To ensure the safety of your wallet, Firstly you need to keep your private key very safe where no one can have access to it, you might also want to use Google authentication to secure the app.
Katya91a

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:39:01 AM

To ensure the safety of the wallet, the most important thing is not to store the secret key on the computer. Throw it on a flash drive and keep it in a safe place
CoinCollect

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:26:31 AM

Depending on the purposes for which you need a wallet and for what coins. I think that as a member of the bounty companies you have a wallet MEW, in order to ensure its security, you must store your passwords and personal data in a place inaccessible to hackers, for example, it is best on a flash drive. Don't fall for phishing sites. If you want to buy cryptocurrency in the long term, then buy a hardware wallet. It is also quite safe to store your coins on the stock exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: