Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:59:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GROUP ACTION: CRYPTSY EXHANGE NEGLIGENCE - TAKE ACTION  (Read 20089 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 01:18:49 PM

I think these problems just went out of their hands temporarily, the fault is over the users that keept using that exchange to pump and dump shitty coins once they already knew some issues referring withdrawals.
They are responsible for adding these shit coins and therefore promoting pump and dumps so they can get more trading fees rather than supporting the actual community which is paying them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:34:10 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 06:53:01 PM by CryptoNick

Cryptsy can stall your orders to place theirs. Cryptsy helps launder Alt Coins into BTC plain and simple. I feel we are in competition with Cryptsy.

Cryptsy has also Bait and Switched us into the MN2 market. Then they dump the price to lock you in. What kind of idiot would sell off their MN2 at such a loss when they just bought in a few days before. These are manipulations of their own market by insiders. Then they make you buy in for 1 to 1 pricing and fractionalize the market to further short your positions so you have to sell to them down the sheet to get out. There are too many red flags...

Here is my post about MN2 where they deleted the info from their webpage but I found it on BitCoinTalk.org before they realized it to delete it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=604272.0
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:47:42 AM

Zedcoin wallet is still 'offline for maintenance' on cryptsy and has been for 2 months now. Unable to withdraw or deposit.

Support staff go mute if you ask them why and when deposits & withdrawals will be re-enabled.

POOR EFFORT BitJohn...its about time you released coins YOU DONT OWN and stopped ranting about how good your exchange is when you have obvious malfunctions still ongoing with your site.

Mintpal is the way to go if you want to trade Zedcoin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:13:35 PM

While I understand the frustration some people are having with Cryptsy, I would exercise caution and restraint when dealing with them or talking about them.  This fledgling industry does not need another major player going under.  If anything we all need to work together to get all of this right, including the exchanges.  Keep in mind that while people are bitching about Cryptsy, DMD has had its own problems recently.  While I give a lot of credit to those who worked tirelessly to fix them, it is my understanding we are not out of the woods completely yet.  Cryptsy, for all their flaws, is an exchange that supports a lot of different coins and has to deal with the wallet problems for all of them.  DMD is not alone with these problems.

Cryptsy is a major player in the cryptocurrency exchange domain.  It would be good for no one if they failed.
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:53:58 PM

*cough*

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:15:33 PM

Cryptsy is the insider trading center! Cryptsy listed Crypt Coin without any voting a few weeks after the coin launched with a mere white paper, and then kept the market open during the Fraud and PnD.
tetrac

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:39:11 PM

While I understand the frustration some people are having with Cryptsy, I would exercise caution and restraint when dealing with them or talking about them.  This fledgling industry does not need another major player going under.  If anything we all need to work together to get all of this right, including the exchanges.  Keep in mind that while people are bitching about Cryptsy, DMD has had its own problems recently.  While I give a lot of credit to those who worked tirelessly to fix them, it is my understanding we are not out of the woods completely yet.  Cryptsy, for all their flaws, is an exchange that supports a lot of different coins and has to deal with the wallet problems for all of them.  DMD is not alone with these problems.

Cryptsy is a major player in the cryptocurrency exchange domain.  It would be good for no one if they failed.

Yea, last thing we need is more exchange blow ups.
NewportHighlander

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 08:12:28 AM

Cryptsy is back at it but with Ripple (XRP). Sorry to revive this but I am trying to get word out, as Cryptsy apparently is either flatout scamming or has completely incompetent staff who I'd IMAGINE would be axed over this. 13 days with no refund of XRP attempted to withdraw as well as cash in. I was silently banned which was a red flag to me that nobody in the troll box was alerted to it. The customer service rep "Mark" straight lied to me telling me I was refunded, checked my account and there was neither XRP, BTC, or even Crpytsy Points which I'd fuckin gladly take at this time.... YOU'LL MAKE MONEY OFF THE FEE ANYWAYS AND ITS YOUR OWN CURRENCY. Give me an equivalent to the 10k+/- I have missing in cyberspace.

Current related thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=884710

BitJohn even personally popped in to have me and another user PM him which did an astounding amount of nothing.

Make it right Cryptsy.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:35:35 AM

It will take a class action to get satisfaction.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
NewportHighlander

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 07:18:31 AM

Day fuckin 17...
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 04:41:55 PM

Day fuckin 17...

They need to have their legs kicked out from underneath them. Class action is the only way.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:50:15 AM

Hey Techshare

They are at it again. Involved in the Paycoin Scam with Josh Garza and the rest of his minions.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.msg11189025#msg11189025

You should come over and offer your two Satoshi's worth...

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 05:05:29 PM

Hey Techshare

They are at it again. Involved in the Paycoin Scam with Josh Garza and the rest of his minions.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.msg11189025#msg11189025

You should come over and offer your two Satoshi's worth...

I would but I really don't know anything about the situation.
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 05:13:36 PM

Cryptsy has been a very dodgy exchange since the beginning. Best to avoid them altogether.
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:06:41 AM

Cryptsy has been a very dodgy exchange since the beginning. Best to avoid them altogether.

I've stayed away from them ever since November 2013. At the time, they were taking 12-24 hours to credit deposits, not responding to customers ... and the engine was simply horrible. I've kept an eye on them ever since, and they never improved.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:09:18 AM

I've stayed away from them ever since November 2013. At the time, they were taking 12-24 hours to credit deposits, not responding to customers ... and the engine was simply horrible. I've kept an eye on them ever since, and they never improved.

Cryptsy has always sucked. And it still does. Yet, it's the most liquid exchange for trading alts. So I still use it.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:10:53 AM

I don't use cryptsy anymore although it was my very first exchange I made some bucks with sexcoin lol. I got hacked and since then they were never able to get me my account back and for some reason I wasn't able to make a new one so I give up as they were asking for some complicated stuff and I am not very technical lol which is a shame but it has always had problems, especially with coins randomly going missing from peep's accounts.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:23:02 PM

I just leaved this exchange after an issue about freezing SDC wallet over a months..
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 04:38:57 AM

Round round we go.

The Crypsty circle jerk continues

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:45:35 PM

Seeing as Cryptsy is clearly hurting many coin communities here by frivolously adding coins then not supporting them correctly, refusing to suspend new registrations when they are overwhelmed with registrations, allowing coins to go missing from customer accounts, blatantly lying to customers, and trapping people in their exchange for weeks or longer, I would like to help organize group action against Cryptsy to put pressure on them to resolve these issues in manner that doesn't result in the user base suffering while they profit. I have personally had coins trapped there for a half of a month as of today, and I know there are many others suffering from Cryptsy's negligence. They are only doing this because NO ONE IS PUSHING BACK. Let Cryptsy know playing with your money isn't a game they want to play.

Possible plans:
-Group protests at their HQ
-Social media campaigns exposing their negligence (like done with BFL)
-Class action lawsuits

What do you think is the best way to do this?

LETS PUSH BACK

From the Josh Garza Scam Thread:

The noose begins to tighten.

http://coinfire.io/2015/10/04/federal-investigations-of-cryptsy-underway/

Coin Fire is now able to report that multiple federal investigations are underway regarding Crypsty.

The online exchange is under several investigations with multiple agencies including the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Internal Revenue Service, and the Criminal Investigation Division of the Internal Revenue Service, among others.

Documents from various investigations obtained by Coin Fire show a litany of purported wrongdoing by the company and several team members. The large number of allegations levied against the company varies from agency to agency in more than 300 pages of documents. In some instances, the investigation alleges that the company failed to obtain appropriate licenses. In one particular instance, a connection is made between a Cryptsy team member and GAW Miners’ fraudulent operations. Other government agencies report a failure to report gains appropriately, market manipulation, the sale of unlicensed securities, money laundering, and more.

The document cache obtained by Coin Fire contains materials ranging from the Securities and Exchange Commission to the Department of Homeland Security. The earliest records in the cache against Crypsty contain minor investigations of wrong-doing and are dated prior to the larger investigation of Mr. Homero Joshua Garza and Mr. Carlos Garza; however, the information discovered during the GAW Miners investigation caused lead investigators from multiple organizations to begin scrutinizing Crypsty and its parent company, Project Investors, more closely. The investigation against Cryptsy intensified after a “PayCoin controller” was exchanged to the company and the two investigations began to run concurrently.

In one document, FinCen began to examine allegedly illegal transactions where money was being moved to accounts connected to suspected terrorists, but the investigation had since stalled. This document was set aside and ignored for several months until recent information indicated potential transactions with suspected terrorists. Later documents referenced this earlier FinCen document, with the most recent alleging that both Project Investors and Cryptsy were aware of an account on their platform being used by an individual with ties to banking watch lists and restrictions.

The documents also explore other allegations. In one report, an organization alleges that the company utilized automated trading software on a platform that directly benefitted Crypsty staff members. The report also alleges that a key Cryptsy staff member performed fraudulent transactions related to the movement of PayCoin by Mr. Garza.

Another document shows one organization beginning a probe of PayCoin’s blockchain history. This document alleges that Cryptsy was being used by Mr. Garza to disguise money movement for both him and his associates. Furthermore, the report claims that the company was aware of this movement and not merely complicit; this allegation is echoed by material within the document indicating that (1) staff member engaged in these fraudulent transactions and transfers, and directly engaged in market manipulation.

A wide variety of federal agencies have taken an interest in cryptocurrency companies over the last year, with many preparing for administrative actions and even criminal charges in early 2016. These agencies have been seen cooperating on several levels. One agent with the Securities and Exchange Commission told Coin Fire that they were,

"Looking at the worst offenders in cryptocurrency and would be closing in further on our unofficial “top ten” list of which Cryptsy and Project Investors will find itself to be in the Top 5."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: