Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:01:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GROUP ACTION: CRYPTSY EXHANGE NEGLIGENCE - TAKE ACTION  (Read 20087 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 08:03:23 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 08:19:44 AM by TECSHARE

Seeing as Cryptsy is clearly hurting many coin communities here by frivolously adding coins then not supporting them correctly, refusing to suspend new registrations when they are overwhelmed with registrations, allowing coins to go missing from customer accounts, blatantly lying to customers, and trapping people in their exchange for weeks or longer, I would like to help organize group action against Cryptsy to put pressure on them to resolve these issues in manner that doesn't result in the user base suffering while they profit. I have personally had coins trapped there for a half of a month as of today, and I know there are many others suffering from Cryptsy's negligence. They are only doing this because NO ONE IS PUSHING BACK. Let Cryptsy know playing with your money isn't a game they want to play.

Possible plans:
-Group protests at their HQ
-Social media campaigns exposing their negligence (like done with BFL)
-Class action lawsuits

What do you think is the best way to do this?

LETS PUSH BACK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sydboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:17:45 AM

This makes my decision to not sign up easy. Thanks
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 09:44:11 AM

There was a time when I enjoyed Cryptsy but they have exhibited a clear pattern of negligence when dealing with its user base which indicates to me they are wiling to exploit the community the the point that we tolerate it. The only way to counter this kind of slow encroachment is to actively let them know you will not tolerate this level of risk in using their service. I think they also underestimate how quickly trust is lost in this community, and by the time they realize it all of us will be paying for it.
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 10:01:25 AM

Grin

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
Andaloons

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:31:37 AM

Cryptsy will be obsolete soon.  Open-Transactions will solve this problem.

Check it out:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1tqepn/new_opentransactions_videos_of_new_desktop_app/

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 12:30:27 PM

Within minutes of making this post I was put in contact with Mullick who quickly found a solution to the confirmation email problem (though we don't know the cause). Making a new email on the same host fixed it, but this required manual intervention from trusted staff. I don't imagine everyone has the same option in cases like this. Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess... now only of there weren't a bunch of coins locked up...
c1010010

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:18:27 PM

Within minutes of making this post I was put in contact with Mullick who quickly found a solution to the confirmation email problem (though we don't know the cause). Making a new email on the same host fixed it, but this required manual intervention from trusted staff. I don't imagine everyone has the same option in cases like this. Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess... now only of there weren't a bunch of coins locked up...

OK, I've had my share of issues with them as well.  And, for me, the lack of response gets the worst parts of my mind thinking bad thoughts.  So, I'm very glad to hear something went well.

I'm still quite skeptical (the bad parts of my brain) - but I"m glad to see action.

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
Len

Activity: 177

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:44:27 PM

Been waiting 5 days for my 8.5 million IFC withdrawal (still pending), this was the response I was given

"We apologize for the delay in response to your ticket. IFC is currently experiencing a problem with the chain and will be repaired soon. Please be patient as we repair the issue and get your withdraw moving to you. Please let us know when your withdrawal has gone thru."

Even though I tested a really small withdrawal an hour after the first and it worked perfectly,so the problem is clearly not with the chain.

I was told this also which doesn't make any sense, "We apologize for the delay. Yes, large amount takes longer than withdrawals with smaller amounts (999999 or less)"

Ticket #77161
merc82

Activity: 354
Merit: 254

Owner of MiningRigRentals

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 06:59:48 PM

Cryptsy support has been pretty bad lately. Ever since they gave up their IRC Support, they have been taking a turn for the worse.

I now have several tickets open for deposits that have been delayed for over 6 days at present. I got a canned response from "Jim", and replied back re-giving him the info he requested (it was in the original ticket).

Nothing since.. This was 3 days ago. I've bumped the ticket, I've tweeted @cryptsy, nothing I do gets a response.

Absurd.

Rent some Hash @ MiningRigRentals!
Lease out your rig, or rent some extra hash today! Live Hashrate graphs, multiple backup pools, many algos and fast and friendly support as well Wink
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:39:52 PM

I think the biggest problem is that cryptsy has hardly any comp. THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER. Why? Think of it like your telephone company or cable company... they realize you have no other options, so you either suck it up and deal with the crap service or you dont have it. The same is with cryptsy, no comp, you want to trade alts ... guess what... no other options.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
btcmania

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 10:15:39 PM

I hope Crpytsy goes under. Terrible service and hundreds of complaints of lost, delayed funds.

I don't think a protest would change anything but a brute force social media campaign might, including creating a few dozen tickets per person on their support page.

Hi.
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:21:23 PM

Would be great if someone from Cryptsy would please look at support ticket #80321 - Been 24 hours since submission and still unable to login due to 2FA being somehow enabled. Problem is that I never supplied a mobile number to receive the Auth code it is asking me to enter on the login page.

Am losing hundreds of dollars by not being able to login and trade and that means Cryptsy is also losing money from my transaction fees.

Would be extremely grateful if you guys could sort this out - have supplied answers to the secret questions on the ticket to help speed things up.

Thanks!
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:30:39 PM

Would be great if someone from Cryptsy would please look at support ticket #80321 - Been 24 hours since submission and still unable to login due to 2FA being somehow enabled. Problem is that I never supplied a mobile number to receive the Auth code it is asking me to enter on the login page.

Am losing hundreds of dollars by not being able to login and trade and that means Cryptsy is also losing money from my transaction fees.

Would be extremely grateful if you guys could sort this out - have supplied answers to the secret questions on the ticket to help speed things up.

Thanks!

Or maybe they enabled it on purpose and stole all your coins!
ltcifc

Activity: 344

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:51:57 AM

They holding my coins since 22nd, bunch of fking non-responding cowards.
Imperials

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:09:03 AM

I was one to get screwed over cryptsy last month when their servers glitched over the Quark overload, I've sent Bitjohn numerous requests and other mails to which I got an automated response and they have not solved my issue. The overall result was over negative .2 BTC and -100 WDC which I had to repay on top of the depreciation of Quarks had. I was patient for over a week until I gave up hope. My original ticket said "resolved" and I can't find the original claim but here is what I left BitJohn in the other thread "cryptsy stealing money", to which of course I got no response...

@BitJohn I can say your support is terrible on cryptsy, and at one of the most critical times where people have been stiffed, including myself. What can you say to the fact that many people have lost money due to your server negligence, system delays, balance issues? Was it my fault that I placed an order at night and somehow it got doubled, and I could not cancel and was left with negative balances that I had to pay out of my own pocket? Is that fair, no. I almost sought out legal aid because despite your server crashes and system malfunctions it is not my fault as a trader to bear crytpsy's faults. Yeah for those two weeks what did I get? Automated messages telling me to audit my account (which did not work) and my account unable to trade for a portion of that which made me go crazy thinking I've been scammed, which technically I did. Cryptsy must really be enjoying their profits, as I'm sure their system is running a lot better.
Walking Glitch

Activity: 252

Amateur Professional

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:43:12 AM

I agree with this. I've been burned trying to do any arb involving their exchange because deposits and withdrawls take forever, and any time I want to use it, deposits are broken, or withdrawls aren't working. That, or their useless fucking trading engine is showing sell orders far below the current buy price, or I have to tell it 10 fucking times to trade something before it actually goes through, then it buys it %10 higher than what I even set the price at.

The only thing they have going for them in my eyes is the fact that they have always eventually credited my account what was owed, even if I didn't miss it.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:51:22 AM

Thanks for starting this thread, this is a huge eye opener for anyone new starting out..

paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:41:59 AM

well as i say never store a hugh amount of coins in online exchance websites,
i dont say i do not trust them but incase of this you would loose to muts coins

pay fee for transactions ok but a 2,5 % or 1,5 % fee for transactions is alot then wen you want to withdraw coins you get if <0.1 no withdraw becouse they dont win on your coins .....

there should be no limits to withdraws at leat you can pay fee for that : no Limits !!

ltcifc

Activity: 344

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:00:00 PM

well as i say never store a hugh amount of coins in online exchance websites,
i dont say i do not trust them but incase of this you would loose to muts coins

pay fee for transactions ok but a 2,5 % or 1,5 % fee for transactions is alot then wen you want to withdraw coins you get if <0.1 no withdraw becouse they dont win on your coins .....

there should be no limits to withdraws at leat you can pay fee for that : no Limits !!

We are talking about trading, not storing. Why would you store coins in online exchange?
Nova!

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:55:08 PM

The bitcoin forums is probably not the best place to actually take action.
I've never had a problem with Cryptsy.  But then again I've never needed to deal with their customer service department.

Accoriding to occ.gov they're registered as a money transmitter, I can't find anything showing they are registered as a broker/dealer though which is something that I assume would be nessecary for them to operate an exchange.  The best bet is to file a report directly with Fincen, explain that they are a money transmitter and they are failing to actually transmit money.  You could also complain to the SEC and mention that the site seems to indicate that they are a broker/dealer but they are failing to execute their responsibilties or are acting with malfeasance.  I'm not sure what the SEC could really do here if they aren't registered, but it's something I would do in a similar situation.

Finally florida has their own financial regulation office.  http://www.flofr.com/  looks like they have a division to deal with securities dealers and another to deal with money transmitters, not sure which would actually apply here, but it couldn't hurt to give them a call at (850) 487-9687 and ask them under what license Project Investors Inc DBA Cryptsy is operating under and who the dispute arbitration body is.  Then file a dispute there.

Again I've personally transacted hundred of thousands of DOGEs and other altcoins through there on autosale from a pool I was mining at and never had more than a 24hr delay.
I've been mining on multipool.us with auto payouts going to cryptsy and then autosales from cryptsy into BTC.  Perhaps a few hundred dollars worth in total and never had more than a 24hr delay.

Still it might be good for someone to do some digging and if you have a problem those are the right places to take action, I think.

Donate @ 1LE4D5ERPZ4tumNoYe5GMeB5p9CZ1xKb4V
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: