Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:03:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First bitcoin related suicide?  (Read 11972 times)
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:20:01 PM

OP, don't even entertain the thought.

Take a walk. Walk across America or something! Do something besides sitting around and thinking about this temporary situation.

Regardless of how much value you place on your life right now you need to see the value of living.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iheartubuntu

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:31:38 PM

Please dont do anything drastic right now. I have been through the wringer myself.

Back in the early 90s I ended up living on the streets in the bay area. I got my act together, got a basic job at a pizza joint, bought a 10 yr old BMW, got a computer with AOL, met some wonderful women online (hey now!) and got into reggae music. I started my own record label, signed some top names, made lots of $$$ over the next 7 years, I dominated the MP3.com reggae charts for 3 years in a row, had the best GF in the world, traveled the world and then some, won some music awards too. It all came crashing down on me in 2001. My GF was raped by her doctor and I lost some friends in 9/11. I closed everything up. I hit rock bottom. I really dont think you could get lower then were I was. 80 coins is nothing man. Nothing in comparison with losing friends, nothing in comparison to hearing what happened to your GF over the phone and not being able to immediately do something about it or to comfort her. Please put those coins into context with mine and other peoples life tragedies.

I broke up with the GF. I started traveling on my own and have met wonderful lifelong friends. If youve never traveled it is an awesome experience. I met my future wife in Italy. She is beautiful inside and out. Ive been all around europe 20+ times. Ive met my relatives on my dads side for the first time last year (my dad is from europe). I got into Ubuntu linux operating system and enjoy it. Ive met great people at conventions and online. I got into bitcoins and have been to several conferences now and have met great people, lifelong friends now.

We are on this big massive rock filled with all sorts of animals and life and machines and inventions and we are circling a big huge sun along with 8 other planets doing the same thing and or solar system is just a dot in our milky way galaxy which is just a dot in the known universe. This existence is AWESOME and AMAZING! With all the good times and bad times I regret nothing and look forward to whatever is ahead of me. You will have new experiences and new bitcoins and new friends.

DO NOT GIVE UP. It gets better.

Please email me if you feel the need. Hang in there man!
fat%

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:47:23 PM

There was a time when I had 200+ Bitcoins. Could have bought way more back in February '13. 'bout half a year later I lost $650,000.

80 coins is nothing. Not worth your life. Shit happens and I am still around.
7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:06:36 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 08:21:56 PM by 7Priest7

Is you are serious, Page 52-80  of The Peacefull Pill e Handbook(2012),
That link/torrent also has many other useful methods/tips.
If you do attempt suicide, DO NOT FAIL.
Nothing more embarrassing then failing to fail,
on the other hand at least you would be alive to feel shame.

If you are not serious, stop crying like a little b.

The old saying put up or shut up applies here.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 08:17:50 PM

Will I be the first? Its been about a month since I lost all my coins, which was all my savings, and only income. I can no longer afford to live.

Anything you want to disclose before you depart?

Charlie,

I've used your service to buy ~10K USD in bitcoins over the last couple of months. I was just wondering if your process is going to change once Mt.Gox US goes to Coinlab? As in any reportings to Government/IRS. My question is aimed mostly towards cashing out, since I believe your service can move Mt.Gox cash/codes to Paypal. Which I can then pull out at an atm or use as fiat.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 08:22:16 PM

Pretty sure Atlas and dank tried this one before, so nope, not the first.

Don't forget about this sicko!: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83559.0
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:07:27 PM

Hey dude, we all lose money and you know what fuck it doesn't matter. I too lost a lot of BTC trading in my early days and i still haven't recovered due to the large amount of loss, i own less BTC as a result. but i don't regret one bit, what matters is that i'm making the most of the opportunities available in crypto now as much as i can afford to.

Not sure what happened to u but it seems u lost a lot of coins trading and some were stolen ? Maybe report stole physical gold to the cops see if they can do anything, if they can't then you need to find other ways to make money and live your life to the fullest of your capacity.

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:13:21 PM

Will I be the first? Its been about a month since I lost all my coins, which was all my savings, and only income. I can no longer afford to live.

Praying for you man.

~Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

7Priest7

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:16:37 PM

Praying for you man.

Belief in God/Heaven and Jesus just encourages suicide.
Don't encourage him.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:31:42 PM

Sad to hear your loss, but please don't commit suicide.
Please think about your family before harming yourself.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:35:13 PM

Praying for you man.

Don't encourage him.

How so? Come on man.

7Priest7

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:25:05 PM

How so? Come on man.
The popular Christian belief is that Jesus died for ALL of your sins.
Suicidal individuals that believe they will go to heaven, are more likely to commit suicide.

When dealing with suicidal individuals, avoid anything that may have any good after death experiences(most religions).
Take the person to a morg and let them touch a cold body instead.
Nothing like seeing a real dead person, to scare the suicidal thoughts right out of someone.

Letting them attempt suicide also works pretty good, alot of really anguished thoughts cross a suicidal persons mind while attempting suicide.

I recommended the book and method as it takes ALOT of prep, during which most people would come to their senses.
iheartubuntu

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:28:20 PM

Praying for you man.

Don't encourage him.

Seeing the fibonacci sequence in nature helps me realize we were created by intelligent design. From flowers, sea shells, spider webs, oak trees, pinecones, pineapples, all the way to galaxies. AWESOME!
Sonny

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:37:29 PM

Letting them attempt suicide also works pretty good, alot of really anguished thoughts cross a suicidal persons mind while attempting suicide.

I am not really sure if this is a good idea Undecided
7Priest7

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:41:20 PM

I am not really sure if this is a good idea Undecided

It's a risky idea if they have a gun.
Usually attempted(failed) suicides are pill related.
If he/she has not thoroughly researched suicide he/she will probably just swallow some pills and alcohol, pass out, vomit, wake up in a pool of his/her own puke.

If he/she is foolish in the pill he/she attempts to use for suicide, he/she may be left with some permanent damage.
If the OP does read this after waking up in vomit, seek medical attention.
They can purge your system if you act fast.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:45:23 PM

How so? Come on man.
Suicidal individuals that believe they will go to heaven, are more likely to commit suicide.

When dealing with suicidal individuals, avoid anything that may have any good after death experiences(most religions).
Nothing like seeing a real dead person, to scare the suicidal thoughts right out of someone.

I recommended the book and method as it takes ALOT of prep, during which most people would come to their senses.

Belief in an afterlife can either promote OR discourage suicide - many religious traditions hold that suicide is a sin.

Letting someone attempt it is NEVER a good idea - not only is there the obvious risk of them succeeding but there are also plenty of common methods which may not be lethal but will cause lasting damage.

The way to help someone who is suicidal is to get them to a good psychiatrist.
BitcoinSteve

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:54:57 PM

How so? Come on man.

Belief in an afterlife can either promote OR discourage suicide - many religious traditions hold that suicide is a sin.

Letting someone attempt it is NEVER a good idea - not only is there the obvious risk of them succeeding but there are also plenty of common methods which may not be lethal but will cause lasting damage.

Werent you arrested? BITINSTANT GUY?

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
Sonny

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:00:08 PM

How so? Come on man.

Werent you arrested? BITINSTANT GUY?

He is the Co-founder and CTO (from his profile) Cheesy
Not everyone in BitInstant were arrested lol
Z1#

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:13:01 PM

I don't know if the suicide guy "hyphymikey" is reading any of this, but it is starting to make me feel better about the world.  Smiley
MrScrotes

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:32:58 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 08:38:31 AM by MrScrotes

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: