Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:44:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First bitcoin related suicide?  (Read 11971 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 06:13:07 AM

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=hyphymikey&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2050430.m2531.l4585

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:01:37 AM

Awwe man... sometimes the obvious avoids the hell out of me. You mean well-played, like a conscious decision to select the date? Forgive me - not being sarcastic, just a blonde sometimes Smiley

Summary - hyphymikey
Name:   hyphymikey
Activity:   322
Position:   Sr. Member
Date Registered:   February 01, 2013, 01:19:22 AM
Last Active:   February 01, 2014, 01:14:26 AM

Well-played?

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:42:04 AM

yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:23:09 AM

You can't just ring the police and tell them to take somebody away. It doesn't work like that. They need to be an apparent danger to themselves or the public. A lawsuit waiting to happen would be getting kidnapped by the police just because somebody reported you as being depressed or dangerous.

Seriously? I don't think you comprehended what you read. Please tell WHERE I said anything that even hinted at this?!!!! I will throw a few coins your way if you can. <--- not a joke.

In the future before you butt into other people's convo and put words in their mouths' - learn to understand what you read Smiley 

Oh sorry, I didn't realise this was your thread, but I'll be sure to call the police to help change my tyre next time or to give my gran a lift to the shops, so thanks for your advice.  Smiley
Lucky Cris

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:23:54 AM

I walked right into that one!, lol.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:32:27 AM

You can't just ring the police and tell them to take somebody away. It doesn't work like that. They need to be an apparent danger to themselves or the public. A lawsuit waiting to happen would be getting kidnapped by the police just because somebody reported you as being depressed or dangerous.

Seriously? I don't think you comprehended what you read. Please tell WHERE I said anything that even hinted at this?!!!! I will throw a few coins your way if you can. <--- not a joke.

In the future before you butt into other people's convo and put words in their mouths' - learn to understand what you read Smiley 
Oh sorry, I didn't realise this was your thread, but I'll be sure to call the police to help change my tyre next time or to give my gran a lift to the shops, so thanks for your advice.  Smiley

Seriously? Still don't understand what I said, I see. You missed the whole damn point, but think you're actually making one by taking something out of context. To those of us who have more than middle school education, you've officially just made yourself look like an idiot. Congrats!!!

And please don't pass up my offer on giving you free coins!!!!! I wasn't joking. But if you pass I understand. You'd only validate what the hell I said. Stupid.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 11:36:35 AM

Dude get back into gaming
Financial stuff doesn't seem to be your strong suite
And get some pussy, these look yummy

yatsey87

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:44:49 AM

Seriously? Still don't understand what I said, I see. You missed the whole damn point, but think you're actually making one by taking something out of context. To those of us who have more than middle school education, you've officially just made yourself look like an idiot. Congrats!!!

And please don't pass up my offer on giving you free coins!!!!! I wasn't joking. But if you pass I understand. You'd only validate what the hell I said. Stupid.

You've got to be pretty dense to somehow assume you know what level of education I achieved. I have enough education to know that you don't need to put 3-5 exclamation points on the end of your sentences. Stupid.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 11:46:08 AM

I'll take the coins, thanks.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:59:13 AM

Dude get back into gaming
Financial stuff doesn't seem to be your thing
And get some pussy

Oh, I think you think I'm the OP? Ok, I called myself a blonde because I asked for clarification on what PG was hinting at... and now you're posting pics and and trash talking, to me? lol, too much! What I didn't want to assume is whether PG is telling us the OP created this thread on the anniversary of signing up here, and have since dropped off the radar. In other words... we don't know the outcome of OP's subject line. I know I think too damn much, which is why I asked. Didn't realize I was going to confuse anyone by asking that!? Jeez!

From my short existence on this board I realize most of you are simply not on my plain. I find myself having to explain in grave detail some of the most simple concepts that people still don't seem to comprehend. I know I was the smartest in class, but damn! It's not that hard. But you totally just gave me an idea! I'm going to offer a bounty for a sanity check Smiley This should be fun, lol. 

Lucky Cris

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:09:06 PM

You've got to be pretty dense to somehow assume you know what level of education I achieved. I have enough education to know that you don't need to put 3-5 exclamation points on the end of your sentences. Stupid.

LOL!!!!! <--- You can't be for real. It was for lots of emphasis, but without the yelling. OMG, you must still be in school? Makes sense. Regardless, you just proved my point again that you don't have much comprehension.

Are you stupid? You're turning down free coins!

Lucky Cris

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:10:26 PM

I'll take the coins, thanks.

Bet. And drum roll waiting for your response....

yatsey87

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:16:15 PM

LOL!!!!! <--- You can't be for real. It was for lots of emphasis, but without the yelling. OMG, you must still be in school? Makes sense. Regardless, you just proved my point again that you don't have much comprehension.

Your immature behavior along with your overuse of exclamation marks makes you look like you're either stupid or in high school. Only a teenage girl would use "LOL!!!!!". And I'm comprehending you fine, but your attitude and the way you conduct yourself is baffling.
Lucky Cris

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:33:47 PM

Your immature behavior along with your overuse of exclamation marks makes you look like you're either stupid or in high school. Only a teenage girl would use "LOL!!!!!". And I'm comprehending you fine, but your attitude and the way you conduct yourself is baffling.

Oh my. The way I 'conduct' myself is baffling (impossible to understand; perplexing) to you is because your brain isn't mature enough to grasp how your rebuttals make no sense. Prove me wrong.

.03 btc will be awarded to you right now if you take me up on my challenge....... <---- look, ellipsis!

yatsey87

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:52:20 PM

Oh my. The way I 'conduct' myself is baffling (impossible to understand; perplexing) to you is because your brain isn't mature enough to grasp how your rebuttals make no sense. Prove me wrong.

.03 btc will be awarded to you right now if you take me up on my challenge....... <---- look, ellipsis!

Congratulations on being able to google the definitions of words. My "rebuttals" must not make sense to you because of your underdeveloped mind. Your continued immaturity is rather baffling and is on display for all to see. And I'm not sure exactly what I'm rebutting here, but I have continually pointed out your petulant behavior and yet your response is to counteract that with more of the same, so well done.

And yet again you continue to show your ignorance and immaturity with the overuse of ellipses. You use grammar like an overexcited highschooler..... LOL!!!!!

http://thewritepractice.com/how-to-use-an-ellipsis-correctly/
7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:25:23 PM

And yet again you continue to show your ignorance and immaturity with the overuse of ellipses. You use grammar like an overexcited highschooler..... LOL!!!!!

I ignored lucky chris after reading his first reply to a comment by me.

Do the same.
Lucky Chris has issues.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 11:10:29 PM

Summary - hyphymikey   Picture/Text
Name:   hyphymikey
Activity:   336
Position:   Sr. Member
Date Registered:   February 01, 2013, 01:19:22 AM
Last Active:   Today at 02:52:00 AM

Well-played!
Lucky Cris

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:12:11 AM

I ignored lucky chris after reading his first reply to a comment by me.
Do the same.
Lucky Chris has issues.
Hi Priest! You finally got something you think you can rag on me with, huh? I suppose I do have issues. Issue being: I'm now convinced we really are getting dumber. Over 500 posts with less than 20 examples of punctuation overuse, and the day I exaggerated its use (yes, the arrows were to tease), people just can't get enough of it.

Interesting how the mundane distracts from the message, isn't it? People would rather focus on the level/type of emphasis a person place on their words, rather than the content itself. Here we are - in a digital age where emoticons, memes and acronyms so long they're words by themselves, is okay. As long as whatever you convey remains flat (evidently it's a crime to express attitude in written words).   

And what an epic failure on both of you guys' posts. You're taunting me for expressing attitude in an otherwise toneless (written words) environment - citing grammar use articles when both of your posts contain at least two each! And different ones at that, not just punctuation! Now who looks stupid? Sigh. I can't even believe I'm still entertaining this, but I'll try one more time, give you an opportunity to understand...

Short, fun exercise for you two. But first a warning: It's going to provoke the firing of electricity in parts of your brain that probably hasn't been activated in a long time. It might feel a slight tingle, okay? Here we go!

Think of something - anything. Now, react to it using the word Seriously (it helps if you say it out loud). Allow for a moment to absorb what you said. With your knowledge of punctuation, try to incorporate the expression verbally. Remember, you're responding to something in this exercise.

Seriously.
Seriously?
Seriously!

Standard interpretation/reaction. Nothing about the response gives you anymore information than the obvious. Now, do the same here:

1) Seriously...
2) Seriously???
3) Seriously!!!

Did you hear/recognize the difference? I'll go first. Scenario I thought of: I opened an old archived bitcoin address and unexpectedly found 2.0078BTC.

My reaction/response to 1-3 above (remember the word has to be coupled with the expression). I won't tell you all, just enough so you can get the picture.

1) Hand up to my mouth in the 'thinking' position. I feel like I'm lost in thought for a second.
2) Wide 50 cent piece sized eyes, raised eyebrows, mouth wide open. I feel like this is unbelievable.
3) Jumped out of my chair with excitement. Laughing out loud. I feel like I just hit the lottery.

Now you try! You can even mix them up - have fun. What was your reaction to: Seriously?!?

7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:50:18 AM

This user is currently ignored.

Like I said, The kid has issues.
DrHerbSmoker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:00:23 AM