Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:30:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117842 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
blackchopper

Activity: 316
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 06:06:24 PM

Quote from: blackchopper link=topic=436190.msg10786241#msg10786241 date=142647in982
It might be time for the community to consider taking over this coin to advance development of Murraycoin.

Last time I contacted bholzer about the possibility of doing a takeover he came in and posted some updates. Although "community takeover" would make the most sense for other altcoins, the fact is that 99% of altcoins don't even have a future. MRY does have huge potential of course because it is different than other altcoins, but i think the best we can do at this point is to just keep waiting. Probably not what people want to hear, but that's my opinion. If I understand it correctly, bholzer will really get back in the MRY saddle once his business SnapAppointments is finished with some important tasks.

If he is that busy working on other projects it might be best for him to step aside and let others who are interested in developing MRY take over.  It's not like he owns the coin.  Someone could fork this coin at anytime and take over development.  That is the magic of a decentralized currency.

I have lost trust in the developer.  He has missed too many deadlines.  I am not saying that he has scammed anyone or is a bad developer technically, but he has basically let the coin go.

I could understand if he was busy but still had an active block explorer and a pool but he can't even keep that online.  How about a tweet or two?  Tweeting 2 tweets a week is going to put his SnapAppointments project weeks behind?  I highly doubt that.  What does it take like 5 minutes to tweet?  Right now he is showing that he basically does not care.  Because if he did he would keep the most basic things online and active.  He will show up after these few posts and complain about how much time he has invested and money lost and everyone will feel sorry for him.  He will probably delete this post.  But lets all look at the facts and those facts say that even the crappiest of developers can keep a block explorer online, a pool active, and tweet about their coin.  It is an even sadder state of affairs that he can not find one person to do that for him.  

Other people have also invested their time and money into this coin.  People do not want to hear sob stories.  People want to see results in the form of activity.  Most people do understand that the coin is not going to be worth millions overnight.  Expecting the most basic things is not expecting too much.  If he is not up to the task of keeping the coin active it might be time for the community to consider other options.

If I get mad enough I will fork the coin myself and take it over.  I am not at that point yet but I am getting there.

Developer with a background in Marketing and Promotions.
CHECK OUT PLATINUMBAR XPTX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:49:29 PM

What exactly is the benefit of a community take over of a coin? Has it been successful before? I'm not aware of behind the scenes fundamentals when it comes to reasons for coins succeeding. Are any coins 'succeeding' right now?  
I'd have more faith in bholzer at this point than a guy that has only posted like 5 times and has no credentials. It only takes 5 seconds to tweet. So go do that. Be active and support the coins you love.  Nobody is going to pay more attention to you if you are in control of the coin. That doesn't control the price. It would take $1300 to x10 MRY price which I'm sure most people could have afforded in the last 12 months. Brianbad has shown the outcome of hard work promoting this coin so if you are quite vocal and passionate then do the same. The community is tiny the efforts have been lax. Either buy more MRY or promote it. Be grateful we have a Dev that has invested so much time and money into a project and is still around. Every now and then someone pops in here and voices discontent. Could line up the posts and remove the dates wouldn't know which was which. Start building some positive accolades to share. At the moment its just dissent with copy and paste solutions from other coins. Please don't reply with holzer doesn't do this and hasn't done that. Instead let's hear back with I went to this event or contacted this group or media ect ect. I think if everyone asks themselves really really hard if they have done enough since mining and buying to promote the answer will be no. If the answer is its not my job then don't begrudge no results. It takes more than wanting it to happen.

blackchopper

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 02:03:22 AM

What exactly is the benefit of a community take over of a coin? Has it been successful before? I'm not aware of behind the scenes fundamentals when it comes to reasons for coins succeeding. Are any coins 'succeeding' right now?  
I'd have more faith in bholzer at this point than a guy that has only posted like 5 times and has no credentials. It only takes 5 seconds to tweet. So go do that. Be active and support the coins you love.  Nobody is going to pay more attention to you if you are in control of the coin. That doesn't control the price. It would take $1300 to x10 MRY price which I'm sure most people could have afforded in the last 12 months. Brianbad has shown the outcome of hard work promoting this coin so if you are quite vocal and passionate then do the same. The community is tiny the efforts have been lax. Either buy more MRY or promote it. Be grateful we have a Dev that has invested so much time and money into a project and is still around. Every now and then someone pops in here and voices discontent. Could line up the posts and remove the dates wouldn't know which was which. Start building some positive accolades to share. At the moment its just dissent with copy and paste solutions from other coins. Please don't reply with holzer doesn't do this and hasn't done that. Instead let's hear back with I went to this event or contacted this group or media ect ect. I think if everyone asks themselves really really hard if they have done enough since mining and buying to promote the answer will be no. If the answer is its not my job then don't begrudge no results. It takes more than wanting it to happen.

How many posts I make on this site and how long I have been a member is the sole determination if I would be a good developer or not?  LOL!  Credentials from Bitcointalk?  LOLx2!  If I was an idiot, I would blare that out and FUD this coin hard, post memes, and not be logical in any sense.  There are some people on this site who have a much higher post count than myself who don't know how to code crap and other who are outright scammers.  On this site I would think not saying anything would actually be to the benefit of the member, there is a lot of crap on this forum.

Brianbad has been doing a great job promoting the coin when he can.  I have said that in previous posts.  I have promoted the coin and I bought a lot of murraycoin in the past.  I do not own as much as I did, but I still have some.

It all depends on how you define succeeding.  If you just base that on price and compare that price to Bitcoin than there are not that many.  If you compare the altcoin to other altcoins then there are plenty succeeding.  I define success as constant development and activity.  Something that is seriously lacking.

Do you know for a fact that the developer has invested "so much time"?  I'm sure he has put in an average amount of time, but creating a website, making posts on this forum, creating the clients, and a block explorer I would not consider a ton of time.  Still waiting for those pictures of him at the Murray Golf Tourn last year which he said he was at but has yet to post any proof of being at the event.  Not even an image standing outside the bar.

I am only supposed to post happy stuff?  I am not supposed to voice my opinion on this forum in this thread?  Sorry but I am not just going to go with the flow and quietly sit in the corner and say nothing.  I have a right just like anyone else to voice my opinion on the current affairs of Murraycoin.

The point of my posts is to get this thing moving forward, not backward.  Hopefully it will make the developer mad, angry, and determined to make the coin the best coin out there.  At this point I believe he has given up on the coin and considers this - in his words > "a hobby" and that is not the type of person the community need running a coin which has a lot of potential.  The community needs a developer who only sees success and moves forward regardless of the situation.  There are plenty of altcoin developers who have really crappy coins yet they blaze through the night knowing in their mind that they are developing the best coin out there, even though their coin will probably fail.  Murraycoin needs that kind of leadership.

CryptoLogo

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:10:53 AM

Cool. What are your credentials? Cause I wouldn't just lend my car to someone because they can drive. Maybe you should offer to join the team rather than dismantle and rebuild. From the ground floor. Like in real life.
Shareholders don't walk into buildings and say I know how to do it better Im the new CEO
Have some respect and be productive.

blackchopper

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 02:19:25 AM

Cool. What are your credentials? Cause I wouldn't just lend my car to someone because they can drive. Maybe you should offer to join the team rather than dismantle and rebuild. From the ground floor. Like in real life.
Shareholders don't walk into buildings and say I know how to do it better Im the new CEO

I don't feel it's necessary to list my credentials here, now.  I'm actually too busy to think about taking over this coin which is why I said "I am not at that point yet but I am getting there.".  If I would take over this coin, it would be night and day.  I can guarantee that fact.

Anyway, good luck.  I am actually a big supporter of Murraycoin and hate to see it in its current state.

CryptoLogo

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:22:34 AM

Cool thanks for stopping by and letting us know.

blackchopper

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 02:28:52 AM

Cool thanks for stopping by and letting us know.

Cool.  No problem.  I'll be back to comment some more.  Probably before the developer.  LOL!

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:37:34 AM

I don't feel it's necessary to list my credentials here, now.  I'm actually too busy to think about taking over this coin which is why I said "I am not at that point yet but I am getting there.".  If I would take over this coin, it would be night and day.  I can guarantee that fact.

Anyway, good luck.  I am actually a big supporter of Murraycoin and hate to see it in its current state.

Maybe u can work with holzer on this coin?

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
CryptoLogo

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:25:31 PM

Who Can Play?
The 2015 tournament is officially SOLD OUT of playing spots and party tickets! However, if you want to be a hole sponsor please email the tournament office at info@murraybrosgolf.com for more information.
Non-Playing Sponsorships?
The Murray Bros Caddyshack Charity Golf Tournament has limited inventory for the non-playing sponsorships. The tournament will work with each interested partner to create a customized package based on the needs of interested sponsors. Please contact the tournament office at

904-314-9508 / sponsor@murraybrosgolf.com for more information on non-playing golf packages.

Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:18:22 AM

Dev, get paying

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
CryptoLogo

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 10:43:43 AM

brianbbad

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:08:04 PM

When two Bill Murray things randomly show up together in my Twitter timeline, it's gonna be a good Friday

snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:56:32 AM

If bholzer has not set up adverts at the tournament then I think im out guys.

http://murraybrosgolf.com/sponsor-play/

Bholzer I bought in because of your promises and thats my choice but seriously if you have not entered the above tournament to make it 2 years in a row then that is very sad because we needed it badly.

Just the exposure would be enough and even to get bills attention to know that we are still around and things might happen.

Anyways if you guys aint there then I think im out.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:49:34 PM

Zzzzzz snorefest

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:41:15 PM

Zzzzzz snorefest

If Murray is out, you might get lucky with a PnD team violating MRY
Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:58:40 PM

Shabba

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
TrackCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:19:05 PM

Is it possible to get still wallet..? I really want to get it... Shocked

Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:47:20 PM

Yes.  Always and forever.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:09:34 PM

If bholzer has not set up adverts at the tournament then I think im out guys.

http://murraybrosgolf.com/sponsor-play/

Bholzer I bought in because of your promises and thats my choice but seriously if you have not entered the above tournament to make it 2 years in a row then that is very sad because we needed it badly.

Just the exposure would be enough and even to get bills attention to know that we are still around and things might happen.

Anyways if you guys aint there then I think im out.

http://murraybrosgolf.com/schedule-of-events/

March 25-27th, 2015....

sooooooooooooooooo I guess MRY missed out yet again? 

busy busy dev otherwise i guess....  Undecided

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
CryptoLogo

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:26:02 AM

Dev was at golf tourney for sure. Photos to come.
Lens cap not left on this time Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: