Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:43:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117839 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:12:44 AM

FINALLYYYYYYY Cool

Great news.....

Lets go $10 Murray  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdawg

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:55:36 PM

74    Murraycoin   $ 213,533   $ 0.013   16,508,825 MRY   $ 612   ?   

keeps climbing!

MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:18:35 PM

MeGaDoOm

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:56:26 PM

it's Bill 'fn Murray !!!

▄▄
  ▐████▌
  ██████
  ▐████▌
    ▀▀
█▄  ▐▌  ▄█
██  ▐▌  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██▄ ██ ▄██
 ▀▀████▀▀
   ▐██▌
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ████
   ████

|
                         ▄▄
                    ▄▄██████
               ▄▄███████████
          ▄▄████████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████▀▀
█████████████████████ ▄▄███████████
████████████████████ ▐█▀  ▀████████
████████████████████ ▐█▄  ▄████████
█████████████████████ ▀▀███████████
██████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████████▀

|

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    █                █
    █  █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
    █                █
    █ ▄████████████▄
    █ ██████████████
    █ ██████████████
    █ ▀████████████▀
    █                █
    █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▀▀▄ █
    █ █    █  █    █ █
    █  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  █
    █                █
     █              █
      █            █
       █          █
        █        █
         ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
           ▀██▀
            ▐▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 02:02:21 AM

Just wanted to provide a brief update as well as some assurance that things are progressing nicely. While I have to thank "Murray Girl" for keeping things interesting during the information gap, we can't forget about the real reason we are all so excited about Murraycoin: we are one step away from making history; one step away from having the first celebrity cryptocurrency both endorsed and promoted by the celebrity (sorry Max - you don't count.)

As some of you already know, I had a discussion with the Murray Bros. Foundation to close out last week and, based on that discussion, it's looking more and more likely that Bill Murray himself will be promoting Murraycoin. First of all, these guys are cool, easy to work with, and progressive. The foundation director views the endorsement as a virtual no-brainer assuming their research proves it's a good fit for Bill's image (which it certainly is) and we are all on the same page regarding the potential this coin has as a recurring revenue stream for the Murray Bros. Foundation with Bill's full support. We had the legal issues handled out of the gates and knew the foundation would be supportive of the idea from the start but Bill Murray himself endorsing and promoting Murraycoin was always the ultimate goal. Although the timeline has stretched further than we had hoped (the Mt.Gox news was partially to blame for that), we are now rapidly approaching that goal. This would create an unprecedented situation as somebody like Bill Murray has the power to put Murraycoin in front of virtually every person on the planet. For me to even attempt to speculate on what it would do to the value of Murraycoin would be pointless as there simply isn't anything to compare it to. I know the foundation would be ecstatic at $1/MRY...but I think we'd see that price beat by a mile. We'd certainly be all over the front page of Reddit on day 1 and that would be the tip of the iceberg. Millions of people who have never even heard of crypto would be hearing about Murraycoin. We're talking about a currency that is less than 2 months old and has an entire network speed bouncing around 100-200 Mh/s - there will never be a better time to start mining and the block reward remains at 75 for over 2 more months before the standard 60 blocks begin. We have some great pools out there and we remain the most profitable coin to mine even at current prices - the reasons why anybody would be mining something else continue to elude me.

Now, to bring everybody back down to Earth for a minute: there is still no guarantee Bill will be actively out there promoting Murraycoin. Nobody has any reason why he wouldn't...but until it's official it remains nothing more than a strong possibility. Don't take a 2nd mortgage out on your house to start buying Murraycoin because no matter how you look at it, it's still a gamble at this stage. That being said, my guess is that the prices Murraycoin can be had at right now represent the absolute bottom making the investment extremely low-risk. There are still clueless people out there who think Murraycoin is just another "Coinye" and have completely overlooked it from the start - the second big news hits, it will be too late because everybody will be joining the party. I said from the start that Murraycoin would reward the believers and the dreamers and the skeptics and doubters would be left with the scraps. I understand approaching these things with caution and I even respect that...but what's the point of mining something less profitable that also has 1/1,000 of the potential? Another point of frustration is that it's possible we won't hit the runway until after the Caddyshack Charity Golf Tournament on March 27th and 28th. This is a major event that requires a mountain of organizing and, while we're hoping to get the ball rolling on an official announcement sooner in order to use the tournament as the launch pad, the foundation director has made it clear that we may not nail this thing down until after the tournament. This is a decision that I understand and respect...but it would be disappointing if we didn't have something solid for you guys before then. It would make for a long month (especially for the Murraycoin team.)

We have discussed various ways Bill Murray and the Murray Bros. Foundation could leverage Murraycoin to raise funds in unique ways. For example, we are building a Murraycoin Escrow service and 100% of the fees will go to the foundation. Another idea is that Bill Murray could create YouTube videos/etc at various donation milestones providing additional incentives to continue to donate. All of the top Murraycoin pools are already donating portions of the pool fees to the Murray Bros. Foundation. Obviously merchandise (AKA Murray-chandise) will be a component as well. If you guys have ideas, please PM them to me or post them here. We have a giant list of them but I know we haven't thought of everything. Murraycoin provides the foundation with a way to reach every corner of the globe and we want them to take full advantage of that reach.

Murraycoin has already created numerous new Bill Murray fans out of people all around the world who had never even seen one of his movies before now. We have already received over 250,000 MRY in donations from people all over the map - this represents a significant percentage of the market cap. By revolutionizing celebrity fundraising, the Murraycoin Project will likely become a blueprint to the others that follow. Murraycoin is the perfect addition to Bill Murray's legacy as both an entertainer and humanitarian.

I wish I could provide something more official at this time...but just know that I wouldn't have made this post if things weren't looking good. We are extremely close to getting everybody on the same page.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:31:38 AM

Shocked Cool Grin
ShootEmMoore

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:44:36 AM

anyone else have a semi-chubby after reading that?
swainzag

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:26:28 AM

SEMI!?  It's full on brotha'.

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
lazr

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:47:11 PM

Commence gravy train

https://i.imgur.com/091Ex7W.gif
MeGaDoOm

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:21:53 AM

Check out my new Vanity-Wallet (it's the best i could come up with)
          MRYfnBeZsL7SA3Gp1WNPMpYmGaCdZFagPG
                                                Grin

▄▄
  ▐████▌
  ██████
  ▐████▌
    ▀▀
█▄  ▐▌  ▄█
██  ▐▌  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██▄ ██ ▄██
 ▀▀████▀▀
   ▐██▌
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ████
   ████

|
                         ▄▄
                    ▄▄██████
               ▄▄███████████
          ▄▄████████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████

██████████████████████▀▀
██████████████████████▄▄

|

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    █                █
    █  █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
    █                █
    █ ▄████████████▄
    █ ██████████████
    █ ██████████████
    █ ▀████████████▀
    █                █
    █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▀▀▄ █
    █ █    █  █    █ █
    █  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  █
    █                █
     █              █
      █            █
       █          █
        █        █
         ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
           ▀██▀
            ▐▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MeGaDoOm

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:09:00 AM

y'all zombies now or did you suddenly grow a life ?
"MRY2daMoon" !

▄▄
  ▐████▌
  ██████
  ▐████▌
    ▀▀
█▄  ▐▌  ▄█
██  ▐▌  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██▄ ██ ▄██
 ▀▀████▀▀
   ▐██▌
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ████
   ████

|
                         ▄▄
                    ▄▄██████
               ▄▄███████████
          ▄▄████████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████

██████████████████████▀▀
██████████████████████▄▄

|

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    █                █
    █  █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
    █                █
    █ ▄████████████▄
    █ ██████████████
    █ ██████████████
    █ ▀████████████▀
    █                █
    █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▀▀▄ █
    █ █    █  █    █ █
    █  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  █
    █                █
     █              █
      █            █
       █          █
        █        █
         ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
           ▀██▀
            ▐▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:16:42 AM

y'all zombies now or did you suddenly grow a life ?
"MRY2daMoon" !

Sorry DoOm - digging your vanity address by the way!  Grin

Sorry it's so quiet in here - we definitely have a quiet community (and the distribution of wealth is also growing more and more disproportionate.) What we need is some official news to attract more people and we will be pushing hard for something next week.

Right now, I'm dealing with the Takeicoin fallout as many people are concerned Murraycoin will have the same fate. Just to be clear, we are not associated in any way with the Takeicoin project. Despite the similarities between the themes, mission statements, and launch dates, one has nothing to do with the other. Instead of discussing what the Takeicoin team did or didn't do to result in where they are now at, it's important to remember that George Takei and Bill Murray are two entirely different people with different goals and different viewpoints.

One of the primary reasons we chose Bill Murray for our coin (2nd only to the fact that Bill Murray is an absolute badass) is that he has his own foundation to help him research and manage fundraising opportunities. Also, Bill Murray is known for thinking outside the box and going to the end of earth to raise money for the causes he believes in. We were in contact with the director of the Murray Bros. Foundation before Murraycoin even launched and offered to go back to the drawing board and rebrand Murraycoin - they were not interested in rebranding Murraycoin and Bill Murray is not going to be blindsided the same way George Takei was.

We had no guarantee from the start that Bill Murray would endorse Murraycoin and we still cannot guarantee that. However, as I seem to be repeating ad nauseum, everything is moving forward and thus far everything has been positive. They need time to finalize their research and determine if Murraycoin is a good fit for Bill to endorse...but this decision likely won't be made until after the golf tournament at the end of the month and the survival of Murraycoin does not depend on this decision. The decision has nothing to do with the golf tournament and likely isn't going to be made at the golf tournament - that just happens to be when Bill's schedule and the foundation's schedule clears up a bit. Again, I am hoping for some official information sooner than that to put everybody invested in this thing at ease while also attracting some fresh faces to Murraycoin.

I just wanted you guys to know that the rug isn't going to get pulled out from under us like it was with Takeicoin. The comparison between the two coins is simply unfair - our development team and our community remain dedicated to the success of this project, we remain in contact with the foundation, and everything is progressing despite a few bumps in the road behind us. I strongly believe that Murraycoin will come out of all of this as the world's first successful celebrity coin. Once that happens, walls will start to come down and the public perception of cryptocurrency will begin to shift toward a more positive light. Cryptocurrency is ultimately a good thing and it is realistically the future of currency regardless of which form it may end up in. Like with everything new, there will always be people trying to take advantage of other people and the crypto world is no different - it doesn't mean it isn't one of the most significant creations in modern history that will change the future for the better. It's time to inject some positive energy into the stale, often depressing world of cryptocurrency - who better to do that than Bill Murray, his brothers, and their charitable foundation?

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
NJRiot

Activity: 504

Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:08:44 PM

community is quiet because there is nothing to do here ...
cant talk about bill all day every day ...
there are no merchants or games or giveaways or bountys that I have seen ...
of course your community is quiet, there is nothing to do here or talk about!
im mining murray on FH myself ... so def not trolling, just my .02
just wish devs had more community promo activity because this is a VERY boring coin to be on.
but of course always wishing the best of luck ...

████████████████   ███████████████
   ████             ███   ███        ████
  ████   ██████████   ███  █████████    ███
 ███    ███     █████  ███  ███   ████   ███
███   ███   ███    ███  ███  ████    ███   ██
███  ██   ████████  ███  ███████████  ███   ██
██   ██  ████   ████  ██  █████   ███  ███   ██
██  ███  ██       ██  ███  ██       ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██       ███████████       ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██                         ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██       ███████████       ██  ███  ██
███  ██  ████   ████  ███  ████   ███   ███  ██
████  ██    ██████████  ███  ███████   ███   ██
████  ████    ███  ███  ████    ██    ███   ██
 ████   █████  ███  ███   █████    █████  ███
  ████   █████████  ████   ██████████   ████
   █████        ███   █████           ████
      ███████████████    ████████████████

Get free
.100 HQX

...............................Decentralized affiliate platform.............................
▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬
Facebook   Twitter   ANN Thread   White Paper   Telegram   Medium

oudekaas

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 01:00:30 AM

community is quiet because there is nothing to do here ...
cant talk about bill all day every day ...
there are no merchants or games or giveaways or bountys that I have seen ...
of course your community is quiet, there is nothing to do here or talk about!
im mining murray on FH myself ... so def not trolling, just my .02
just wish devs had more community promo activity because this is a VERY boring coin to be on.
but of course always wishing the best of luck ...

Well what i would like to know is how many people the community consists of, we could create a list of names and basically make this list grow.It is probably to late already but at least you could show Bill how many people want to support this coin and it could help with creating a better position.
To win Murrays heart he needs to feel that saying no to Murraycoin is saying no to a lot of people who want to add to his charity.

I agree that if Bill fully supports this coin it will skyrocket,  but i would rather have it go up slowly.

I do agree that a quiet community isn't necessarily bad.... 300 pages of posts without real content or changes is as much worth as 11 pages with content.
Many coins only have a few merchants if any at all... and to be honoust they are generally merchants that accept many other alts... making it not so special anyway.
Games etc.... they can always be made it is not that important
i think it is quiet as many are also involved in other coins and generally everyone is awaiting the golftourney result.

i personally like to open up the discussion if murraycoin is planning to become a full on charity coin or also a way for merchants to pay with coin?
R ight now 250k murrays are in the pot, however once this is paid out? What will be next?
How do we keep adding to the charity pot? How do we keep investors interested in not only investing but also adding to the charity. How do we stop people from dumping on murray once it does go popular,
and when do u decide to pay out those 250k. What is your target for selling thse coins and how will u sell them? U might have mentioned this before....

▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

phreakish

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 10:18:22 AM

linux src on github is missing src/checkpointsync.cpp unable to compile

a cunning and whitty statement to follow.
teksensei

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:05:21 PM

What's up with mry.fusionhash.com?   Time change bork it?

It's Shitcoin Cash!
mlord1010

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:57:20 AM

Sigh it's my luck, I just started mining there so it's not working.Smiley
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:17:10 AM

linux src on github is missing src/checkpointsync.cpp unable to compile

We chose to pull checkpoint syncing before launch due to negative reactions pre-launch on IRC (reliance on a centralized server for a new coin concerned a number of people.) Instead, we are just using standard checkpoints. We did develop a way to work around the checkpoint syncing in case the server(s) drop offline...but we likely won't be implementing that until down the road.

I will glimpse at the code and see where it is snagging - likely just a reference to the file somewhere. Strange that this is the first time this issue has been reported - thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Sigh it's my luck, I just started mining there so it's not working.Smiley

Received multiple reports - want to preface this by saying everybody has now been paid for their shares and everything is rolling along business-as-usual at FusionHash.

I believe "OctoCoin" was the culprit. FusionHash was a launch pool for OctoCoin and due to a massive spike in signups, hash power, and DDoS attacks within seconds of OctoCoin launching, they had to fire up an OctoCoin stratum server on the same machine that is hosting the Murraycoin stratum server (they assured me Murraycoin was only utilizing about 5% of the machine's resources so I reluctantly signed off on it - their pool and they can do what they want, of course.)

After things calmed down a bit, I asked them to move Murraycoin back to a dedicated machine - we heavily rely on the stability of FusionHash's Murraycoin pool since the majority of the Murraycoin network hash is in there. The issue popped up during this move so I suppose, in a way, it sounds like you can blame me for the delayed payouts/stats! Here is the response I received from FusionHash a few hours ago:

While moving the live database to new dedicated hardware as you requested, there was a < 1 second delay between the mirrored MRY databases. We pointed everything at the new database, made it the master, and switched the old database into slave mode. Upon inspection, a block had been found and inserted into the slave database that did not sync over to the new database in time. Unfortunate timing but there was a an ~1% chance this could happen due to the lag and of course it did. Moving around live databases is tricky but we did it this way to ensure there would be zero downtime on the pool. After forcing the payout script, we tripped the "double payout" warning and the cronjobs were locked. As it was the weekend, we were short staffed and already had our hands full with OctoCoin so we did not notice that all of the cronjobs were temporarily disabled. All shares were being accounted for and there were no issues with mining it was simply things like statistics and payouts that were appearing to be frozen. We have corrected the minor database discrepancy, reactivated the cronjobs, and all statics and payouts are being processed as I type this message. Thank you for your patience and pass our appreciation along to the Murraycoin community. We promise we will be more involved in the community as soon as we are settled in our new offices.

Sincerely,

(name removed)
FusionHash, LLC

If you still believe you weren't properly compensated for your shares, please contact FusionHash at:

admin@fusionhash.com

They have assured me everything has been taken care of but they will certainly investigate any claims. FusionHash has been a big supporter of the Murraycoin Project and they have some cool stuff they are working on exclusively for Murraycoin.

Just a final note: I took the weekend off but I'm back in the saddle and we have a big week ahead. As usual, I'm not looking to create false hype or false hope but we are working toward the #1 goal: securing Bill Murray's endorsement. Once we have that, everything else will start to fall into place. I've been receiving a lot of requests for games, merchandise, raffles, etc...but we can't lose focus on what really matters at this stage. Network speed is remaining steady, price is holding relatively well on the small exchanges trading Murraycoin, and the road ahead looks clear regarding endorsement talks. Nothing new to report as of right now but we will continue to remain transparent throughout every step of this process. I have a strong feeling that, in hindsight a few weeks from now, this will have been the calm before the storm.

Eugen123

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:34:59 AM

I like this coin.

It seems like the best avenue for success is to focus on a distinctly professional charity component.  Transparency and reliable updates and payments are key.  If the Murray Bros see substantial and regular donations they will be hard pressed not to accept this as a potentially valuable partner. Good work.
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:44:08 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 10:58:24 AM by bholzer

i personally like to open up the discussion if murraycoin is planning to become a full on charity coin or also a way for merchants to pay with coin?
R ight now 250k murrays are in the pot, however once this is paid out? What will be next?
How do we keep adding to the charity pot? How do we keep investors interested in not only investing but also adding to the charity. How do we stop people from dumping on murray once it does go popular,
and when do u decide to pay out those 250k. What is your target for selling thse coins and how will u sell them? U might have mentioned this before....

First of all, we expect Murraycoin to be like any other coin as far as ways it will be used...with the added focus on charity and, hopefully, the ultimate promotional power of Bill Murray getting on board. We have plans for an online store, fundraisers, auctions, etc but we need to secure Bill Murray's full endorsement in order to really make this coin special.

One way we will continue to raise donations for the charity is through the mining pools. Almost all of the Murraycoin pools are donating a percentage to the fund. (For example, FusionHash has guaranteed a minimum of 0.5% for life.) Beyond that, the sky is the limit. We have had discussions with the Murray Bros. Foundation regarding your same question and it didn't take long to get their wheels spinning as well. One idea I mentioned was that Bill could promise to bring up Murraycoin while on The Late Show With David Letterman, for example, if certain donation milestones are reached before the show. Obviously every time something like this occurred, it would increase Murraycoin exposure and likely directly increase the value - this gives double incentive for people to donate. The most successful fundraisers are the ones where the donators get something back out of it. Another idea one of our team members had was that Bill could create a Vine account (or something along that line) and release a hilarious video mentioning Murraycoin every time we hit certain donation milestones. These milestones could even move around depending on whatever he feels like. Of course we could also sell autographed merchandise at murraycoin.org for Murraycoins which would all go into the charity fund. When you stop to think about it, this could literally be one of the most powerful fundraising tools in history. I'm telling you guys - it's only a matter of time before celebrities and philanthropists in general begin to adopt this technology. It's so easy to send funds to/from anywhere in the world and it's also a great way to attract new people to cryptocurrency. Having a spokesperson people love is key to helping the general public understand crypto and all of the great aspects of it that they've never even heard about - right now, the media is still in the fear/negative stage. The news loves to report negative stories in general because for some reason that's what people prefer. Negative stories bring in ratings and attract more attention - people are drawn to negative stories like a moth to a flame and it's so much easier to reject a new idea than to be open to it. We heard the same garbage about the Internet and Email at one point too - now it's bitcoin. If this all plays out like I think it will, the Murraycoin Project will start knocking down walls and change the world of both cryptocurrency and fundraising forever. Think about it: if Bill Murray popped in on a single episode of The Late Show next week and publicly endorsed Murraycoin, the value would skyrocket overnight - they would probably be looking at over $250,000 worth of Murraycoins in their fund within 48 hours of the appearance. The strategy of making Murraycoin promotion and incentive to donate is powerful because the foundation receives more donations and the following promotion helps raise the value of said donations. This is an unprecedented opportunity for everybody involved. Imagine how many "$500/plate dinners" and "50/50 ticket sales" it would take to raise what this could do in hours - Bill Murray thinks outside the box when it comes to fundraising and that's just one more reason why he's the perfect celebrity to lead the pack on this.

The foundation can do whatever they want with the Murraycoins - if they want to go dump them all on an exchange at some point that's their right to do so. However, based on our conversations thus far, they would prefer to have us assist them on decision-making here. The initial plan was that they would sell the Murraycoins on their own website via paper wallets for ~$1/MRY initially. This way, it would be easy for anybody to go purchase the paper wallets without first needing other currencies to exchange. We will cross that bridge when we get there but, regardless, the coins are theirs and they make all of the decisions regarding their use. On that same note, we can't prevent anybody from dumping their Murraycoins...but who cares? Murraycoin has potential like nothing else before it and there's nothing that indicates a dump would do much damage if we have Bill Murray on board.

At the end of the day, it's all speculation. One step at a time. Yes, the potential is huge. Yes, we are likely making history here. Yes, there will certainly be people that dump at some point. Yes, this is the closest anybody has come to having a celebrity-endorsed cryptocurrency. The bottom line is that without Bill Murray promoting this thing, we will certainly need to restructure the business model and expectations will have to be lowered. While I don't think this is likely, we cannot rule out that possibility. However, we are really confident we will pull this off and, the second we do, the world will begin to realize just how awesome Murraycoin is. It's so much more than a coin.

Hang in there guys - I'm not going to let you down.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: