Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:50:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117841 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
brianbbad

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:20:02 AM

Holy crap this is awesome!

The many faces of Murray

Fixed! There was one missing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:42:22 AM

Currently #6 on Cryptsy! https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

Let's get our votes in! They typically add the top 3 or 4 coins weekly and we're almost there. We will need to be traded on a popular exchange before launching to the moon.  Cool
signorama

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:28:57 AM

Just voted on Cryptsy, but i think it needs more promotion and hash-power

BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:12:47 PM

I see Murraycoin has been rising up the voting charts on Mintpal.com too. 5 votes per hour folks. Keep on pushing it!
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:05:26 PM

I see Murraycoin has been rising up the voting charts on Mintpal.com too. 5 votes per hour folks. Keep on pushing it!

Everybody wants it listed but it seems nobody wants to put in any work to help. I bought Cryptsy points yesterday and used them to add over 500 votes to Murraycoin because you get more votes than you would donating BTC directly based on the current prices of Cryptsy points (you get 5 votes per point.) Most people just sit back and expect the dev to take care of everything. I've spoken to bholzer and he has a lot of great stuff he's working on for Murraycoin but it's up to us to continue voting to get these coins listed. So far he is the only one that has donated any BTC to Cryptsy and he already paid BTC to get MRY on CryptoRush (even though CryptoRush has been disappointing at least it's there.) For a coin without a premine and a lot of extra work toward getting a celebrity endorsement, we need to all chip in with at least our voting labor. We're sitting on a goldmine here.
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:22:13 AM

If one person voted every hour 5 votes for 24 hrs it would take them 642 days to get MRY in the top spot.

To make it to the top in 1 week we would need 91 people. To vote every hour for a week.

You can of course buy them and its relatively cheap. If for example 100 people paid for $46 worth of votes we are at the top.

Its going to take a combination of both votes and a small parting with money.

Votes are free and if you cant afford $46 or any money thats fine its a tough economy right now.

The whole voting process is going to get ridiculous before it gets better. It will end up costing a lot more than this for future coins and

even for us if we dont bump it up the charts. Its also beneficial for the coin, giving it more of an audience even before it makes it on the

exchanges.

The voting system is by no means perfect and sees a lot of good and popular coins left out in the cold. Maybe they will adjust it in the future

consider other factors ie hashing power, coins mined, age and add coins from a variety of these milestones rather than a popularity contest

that is easily and perhaps detrimentally mallebale with $$$

MindGrenade

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:00:29 PM

MRY still needs a reason to be bought. Outside of "because its Bill Murray!", because that logic would put SexCoin or TitCoin above Bitcoin. It currently has little speculative value because the average punter sees no reason for it to go up in any sort of way.

I would see any announcement that would give it value or incentive to have far more priority than Cryptsy visibility. There are plenty of dud coins on cryptsy and mintpal.  Create the demand and it will build the community that will put it at #1 on the dodgy cryptsy "voting" system.

I don't say this lightly, I have enough MRY to crash it to 1 satoshi twice over on all the exchanges I know its listed on. I want to see the coin succeed on exchanges,  but it needs news first.
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 09:38:27 PM

MRY still needs a reason to be bought. Outside of "because its Bill Murray!", because that logic would put SexCoin or TitCoin above Bitcoin. It currently has little speculative value because the average punter sees no reason for it to go up in any sort of way.

I would see any announcement that would give it value or incentive to have far more priority than Cryptsy visibility. There are plenty of dud coins on cryptsy and mintpal.  Create the demand and it will build the community that will put it at #1 on the dodgy cryptsy "voting" system.

I don't say this lightly, I have enough MRY to crash it to 1 satoshi twice over on all the exchanges I know its listed on. I want to see the coin succeed on exchanges,  but it needs news first.

There is more to Murraycoin than just "because it's Bill Murray!" For one, Murraycoin is in the best position to become the first celebrity endorsed coin - that's huge. Celebrity coins may be nothing new at this point...but endorsed celebrity coins: unprecedented. Because the value of Murraycoin will be tied directly to the value raised for the Murray Bros. Foundation, there is added incentive for Bill Murray to go beyond just endorsing the coin and taking an active role in promoting it. Having the voice, reach, and influence of somebody like Bill Murray would attract an entire new crop of investors (many of which may have never even heard of cryptocurrency) - again, something we have never seen in the crypto world. An added bonus is that Bill Murray and his brothers have already formed their own foundation and that's where the Murraycoin donations go - this means they get to choose which charity (or charities) the money they raise will go toward instead of us choosing for them. Also, Bill's foundation has a history of coming up with unique and innovative ways to raise money for their cause and Murraycoin is a perfect fit. There are an unlimited number of fundraising opportunities that will arise from Murraycoin, and I maintain that it will become the blueprint for future celebrity coins. We hope to become the first, but we certainly will not be the last.

If you think Sexcoin and Titcoin are a more attractive opportunity then, by all means, don't let me stop you from investing. There are worse coins than that outperforming Murraycoin in both hash rate and exchange volume and there is zero potential for an endorsement by an influential international legend. I would never claim that most crypto enthusiasts are wise investors.

You say it has little speculative value - I argue that, with the exception of Bitcoin and maybe Litecoin, Murraycoin is the only cryptocurrency out there right now with the potential to be more than just another pump-and-dump. Auroracoin has an $85,000,000 market cap even after a steep drop-off and its been proven their entire gimmick was a scam. Beyond that, we're already seeing Auroracoin copycat after Auroracoin copycat and they're buying their way onto exchanges at an alarming rate. Dogecoin has a $50,000,000 market cap and Dogecoin's value is in their community - I think it's awesome what they have done, but we all know how quickly people lose interest and start looking for the next quick buck - Dogecoin really has nowhere to go but down at this point. Mining profitability on all of the major coins is approaching a point where you can barely break even after power costs - I expect this condition to improve soon, but I ask you: what coin do you think has as much potential as Murraycoin? I feel like there are a lot of delusions out there about what some of these other altcoins do - we didn't want Murraycoin to be thrown in with the junkcoins on dice sites and shady payment processing sites - Murraycoin was always designed to be an investment while also raising money for charity. We hope that soon, it will also be used by other organizations for fundraising while doubling as a currency for unique purchases that benefit these organizations. If you just want to go out and buy a pair of pants, we already have Bitcoin. That's not to say we won't be releasing games/etc in the future - we certainly will - but they will be exclusive to Murraycoin and they will be something special. The entire point is that we don't want to be lumped together with the scams, gimmicks, and assorted garbage currently polluting the altcoin world.

We all know the announcement we need that will give it instant value and incentive, and I have been transparent about the timeline on that announcement from the moment I learned of it. We would all like something sooner, but what will really set Murraycoin apart from everything else is the Bill Murray aspect and his endorsement, support, and promotion is the primary reason most people, including myself, believe so strongly in this coin. Perhaps you are underestimating his influence...and perhaps you are underestimating how high we can go once we have Bill's support. We can't get the cart ahead of the horse here.

The Cryptsy voting system is ridiculous because it removes the most important elements in coin selection. Yes - it's a great way for them to rack up extra cash through "donations" but all of these exchanges implementing a voting system that, let's be honest, is primarily driven by buying your way onto the exchange cheapens the entire concept and will likely result in pump-and-dump coins getting listed first while legitimate coins lag behind. Each Cryptsy user can vote for a coin once for life yet 1 BTC buys 5,000 votes?

Murraycoin needs to be listed on an exchange with volume but the urgency isn't there yet because at this point, we aren't expecting the announcement until after the golf tournament. While I believe it's important for it to be listed before the announcement, it's difficult to justify throwing BTC at Cryptsy right now to compete with junk like LycanCoin, PotCoin, and BatCoin. We all know why Takeicoin so aggressively threw BTC at Cryptsy - they needed to get listed so they could dump before the negative news hit. We aren't in that situation because the most negative news we could ever report is that nothing has changed.

The people holding Murraycoin will be rewarded for their patience and the impatient looking for the next quick buck will miss out - there isn't a lot we can do about that. We had certainly hoped hype wouldn't completely fizzle before the Murraycoin explosion but it's starting to grow inevitable - in the crypto world, people have about a 3-day attention span and we're well beyond that - long overdue for the big announcement everybody has been waiting for - but we are at the mercy of 3rd party timelines. People just need to look at the situation logically and make an informed decision based on everything we all know.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
MindGrenade

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:38:01 PM

Being listed on cryptsy I think would be a better option to happen organically from the hype of the announcement than, as you say, throwing BTC at the voting system. Cryptorush is slow as is xnigma but I had no trouble moving multiple BTC worth of sell orders during the MZC explosion on cryptorush. And they had 1000s worth of volume.

I wasn't saying we need the announcement right now, I love these periods in mining and crypto. Its where the real stashes are made. Its just that with TAK and KOI going before it, the initial reaction of punters will just be hesitation. Just like new "national cryptos" now will not go 25-30x in value because people have been burned by AUR and MZC.

With sexcoin and titcoin I was merely saying that if people would buy coins based on purely what they're associated with they would be more popular. In the eye of the public, who don't dig through these threads, all it has going for it is the name as far as they see it. They don't see the potential (yet). Which is why there is no demand and no buy support (yet).

I do agree people do have a short attention span. A week in these markets is like a year anywhere else. It doesn't help that almost all of the community are here to make a quick buck.

I'm not poo-pooing MRY at all. Definitely want to see it come to fruition, and these periods in crypto are great for stocking up on the true winners while everyone else doubts. I only want to point out why (as I see it) its not doing anything at the moment so perhaps newcomers don't shit themselves and run for the hills.
CryptoLogo

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:11:03 AM

Holy crap this is awesome!

The many faces of Murray

Fixed! There was one missing.

HERE ARE ALL THE FILMS THEY ARE FROM

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2014/03/14/the-many-faces-of-bill-murray-an-illustrated-compilation/

CryptoLogo

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:15:00 AM

IN THE FLESH

ShootEmMoore

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:33:02 AM

Man of many talents!
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:22:20 AM

I would see any announcement that would give it value or incentive to have far more priority than Cryptsy visibility. There are plenty of dud coins on cryptsy and mintpal.  Create the demand and it will build the community that will put it at #1 on the dodgy cryptsy "voting" system.

I don't say this lightly, I have enough MRY to crash it to 1 satoshi twice over on all the exchanges I know its listed on. I want to see the coin succeed on exchanges,  but it needs news first.

There is more to Murraycoin than just "because it's Bill Murray!" For one, Murraycoin is in the best position to become the first celebrity endorsed coin - that's huge. Celebrity coins may be nothing new at this point...but endorsed celebrity coins: unprecedented. Because the value of Murraycoin will be tied directly to the value raised for the Murray Bros. Foundation, there is added incentive for Bill Murray to go beyond just endorsing the coin and taking an active role in promoting it. Having the voice, reach, and influence of somebody like Bill Murray would attract an entire new crop of investors (many of which may have never even heard of cryptocurrency) - again, something we have never seen in the crypto world. An added bonus is that Bill Murray and his brothers have already formed their own foundation and that's where the Murraycoin donations go - this means they get to choose which charity (or charities) the money they raise will go toward instead of us choosing for them. Also, Bill's foundation has a history of coming up with unique and innovative ways to raise money for their cause and Murraycoin is a perfect fit. There are an unlimited number of fundraising opportunities that will arise from Murraycoin, and I maintain that it will become the blueprint for future celebrity coins. We hope to become the first, but we certainly will not be the last.

If you think Sexcoin and Titcoin are a more attractive opportunity then, by all means, don't let me stop you from investing. There are worse coins than that outperforming Murraycoin in both hash rate and exchange volume and there is zero potential for an endorsement by an influential international legend. I would never claim that most crypto enthusiasts are wise investors.

You say it has little speculative value - I argue that, with the exception of Bitcoin and maybe Litecoin, Murraycoin is the only cryptocurrency out there right now with the potential to be more than just another pump-and-dump. Auroracoin has an $85,000,000 market cap even after a steep drop-off and its been proven their entire gimmick was a scam. Beyond that, we're already seeing Auroracoin copycat after Auroracoin copycat and they're buying their way onto exchanges at an alarming rate. Dogecoin has a $50,000,000 market cap and Dogecoin's value is in their community - I think it's awesome what they have done, but we all know how quickly people lose interest and start looking for the next quick buck - Dogecoin really has nowhere to go but down at this point. Mining profitability on all of the major coins is approaching a point where you can barely break even after power costs - I expect this condition to improve soon, but I ask you: what coin do you think has as much potential as Murraycoin? I feel like there are a lot of delusions out there about what some of these other altcoins do - we didn't want Murraycoin to be thrown in with the junkcoins on dice sites and shady payment processing sites - Murraycoin was always designed to be an investment while also raising money for charity. We hope that soon, it will also be used by other organizations for fundraising while doubling as a currency for unique purchases that benefit these organizations. If you just want to go out and buy a pair of pants, we already have Bitcoin. That's not to say we won't be releasing games/etc in the future - we certainly will - but they will be exclusive to Murraycoin and they will be something special. The entire point is that we don't want to be lumped together with the scams, gimmicks, and assorted garbage currently polluting the altcoin world.

We all know the announcement we need that will give it instant value and incentive, and I have been transparent about the timeline on that announcement from the moment I learned of it. We would all like something sooner, but what will really set Murraycoin apart from everything else is the Bill Murray aspect and his endorsement, support, and promotion is the primary reason most people, including myself, believe so strongly in this coin. Perhaps you are underestimating his influence...and perhaps you are underestimating how high we can go once we have Bill's support. We can't get the cart ahead of the horse here.

The Cryptsy voting system is ridiculous because it removes the most important elements in coin selection. Yes - it's a great way for them to rack up extra cash through "donations" but all of these exchanges implementing a voting system that, let's be honest, is primarily driven by buying your way onto the exchange cheapens the entire concept and will likely result in pump-and-dump coins getting listed first while legitimate coins lag behind. Each Cryptsy user can vote for a coin once for life yet 1 BTC buys 5,000 votes?

Murraycoin needs to be listed on an exchange with volume but the urgency isn't there yet because at this point, we aren't expecting the announcement until after the golf tournament. While I believe it's important for it to be listed before the announcement, it's difficult to justify throwing BTC at Cryptsy right now to compete with junk like LycanCoin, PotCoin, and BatCoin. We all know why Takeicoin so aggressively threw BTC at Cryptsy - they needed to get listed so they could dump before the negative news hit. We aren't in that situation because the most negative news we could ever report is that nothing has changed.

The people holding Murraycoin will be rewarded for their patience and the impatient looking for the next quick buck will miss out - there isn't a lot we can do about that. We had certainly hoped hype wouldn't completely fizzle before the Murraycoin explosion but it's starting to grow inevitable - in the crypto world, people have about a 3-day attention span and we're well beyond that - long overdue for the big announcement everybody has been waiting for - but we are at the mercy of 3rd party timelines. People just need to look at the situation logically and make an informed decision based on everything we all know.

Not invested at all, nor have I mined any, but that post was well written and I wish you guys all the luck in this Alt coin circus which has been the couple months.
CryptoLogo

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:48:50 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 03:06:33 AM by CryptoLogo

Yes nobody is crashing anything, lightly or otherwise.
If someone needs to sell that need is obviously not weightless.
Thats their perogative to do so.
I don't believe they should be baseless propositions to give weight to one's power.
We have enough delusions of grandeur and false prophets in the current market.
People are making decisions based on the opinions of speculators, themselves gambling with
little more than a few BTC and passing it off as much more.
They won't tell you when they lose it all either.
You can just tell because they get bitter and desperate.

Lots of people getting burned placing trust in these Country coins or most scam coins.
Unless you have the time to monitor these markets 24/7 you will likely awaken bottomed out.
Make your own decisions. That way you can only blame you.
Conviction will outlast contradiction every time.

MRY will no doubt experience a lot of thankful people when it does succeed.
Many of them will dump or to use a more appropriate term SELL their coins.
The market will not crash as a result. The market would not crash now either.
It merely moves up and down.
PUMP, DUMP, CRASH, RALLY are all subjective terms.
They begin and end at one point for one person and to others don't exist at all.
They are merely Buy Sell Mass-Sell Mass-Buy

There will always be MRY buyers and in the near future their numbers will grow x10
In the meantime believe in the timeline presented by MRY coin developers and trade/mine
to suit your needs. Only you understand what they are.

Just be grateful there are so many updates and transparency with MRY.
Some coin developers have no purpose, vision for their coins and miners that have mined it
for weeks are getting no response.
Things could be worse, a lot worse.

snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:54:19 AM

Just had 659,500.70242398 dogecoin stolen from my wallet. Am I pissed? Hell yeah but I am looking forward to Murray.

Good luck to whoever got my coins, I am totally focused on Murray now.

Anyways just wanted to share my frustration and Joy at the same time lol.

Lets go murray team.

snakey

P.S.. $10 Murray.
ShootEmMoore

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:48:01 PM

Just had 659,500.70242398 dogecoin stolen from my wallet. Am I pissed? Hell yeah but I am looking forward to Murray.

Good luck to whoever got my coins, I am totally focused on Murray now.

Anyways just wanted to share my frustration and Joy at the same time lol.

Lets go murray team.

snakey

P.S.. $10 Murray.

$1,000,000,000Market Cap!  Grin
mpmcsweeney

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:15:48 AM

As someone mining MRY, I appreciate the candor and conduct of the dev team. I look forward to this coin's success and laugh at the daily price fluctuations. Carry on, ladies and gents.
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:46:06 PM

As someone mining MRY, I appreciate the candor and conduct of the dev team. I look forward to this coin's success and laugh at the daily price fluctuations. Carry on, ladies and gents.

Agreed. They've been upfront and honest from the start.

Clean, professional website too. Wallet sync's fast, looks and works good, and transactions are super speedy. There are clearly developments happening in the back ground - Murray Bros. Foundation in tow and merchandise looking good. Popularity is inevitable.

Good things to come, I'm sure.
mpmcsweeney

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:00:31 PM

Any word on when the next batch of T-shirts will be available for ordering?
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 08:25:15 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 10:19:13 PM by bholzer

Just an update to let everybody know that tomorrow, the Murraycoin team departs for vacation/Murraycoin promotion. We will be in Las Vegas for a few days for March Madness and then we are off to Florida for the golf tournament. T-shirt orders should go online soon although we don't have an official date yet - we wanted to wait until the second batch of shirts actually ships out to us (we modified the design slightly on the second batch.) We also had a small order of embroidered polos delivered which we will be wearing during the tournament - we will likely put orders for those up as well later. The past week has been spent preparing for the tournament:

After the tournament, our focus will shift toward development and marketing. Everything remains on schedule and we believe the endorsement from Bill Murray is imminent. Other than myself, everybody will be back to work right after the tournament (I am extending my vacation a few days longer). This is the stretch we have all been waiting for - everything should be coming together shortly. Thank you to all of the supporters that have stuck by for the past two months - it's about to pay off.

We will do our best to keep you updated throughout the next week+ of insanity!

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: