Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117841 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shango

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 05:44:40 PM

Where do you guys trade MRY ?
CryptoRush seems to have a lot of problems and you cannot really take out BTC

https://xnigma.com/markets/view/42  is really doing well now.

CryptoRush's price is way better. Probably because you cannot take it out in any way probably and they are looking to attract traders to compensate losses.
Sounds a bit like MtGox's pricing Smiley

Discuss today's profitable coins, mininig and trading alt coins :  cointradertalk.org
Cheap and reliable Cloud Hosting | USA VPS | UK VPS | Australia VPS | US Dedicated Servers
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
swainzag

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:48:42 PM

the rabid fanboyism is strong in here. ive only just found this, and im only checking this out because its at the top of cryptsy votes, and just a brief look through this topic shows its been poorly handled,and so far nothing but empty promises and. just another pump and dump. i would get some but all the sites its on are just trash, if anyone wants to sell some thru escrow PM me

Just another pump and dump huh?  Active community and active dev team for over 2 months now.  The coin is on 3 different exchanges and there has been no sign at all of any type of pump and dump.  The coin slowly climbed the voting ladder at cryptorush and at cryptsy and has a lot less of "purchased" votes than most of the coins voted onto the exchange in the past.  Tell us all how this has been poorly handled?  The only "empty promise" I can figure is that the dev team told that there would be news after the tournament.  We are barely a week after that tournament and while there hasn't been news yet, myself and a lot of us are still expecting it. 

I would love to sell some, but I refuse to sell any to someone who parades on here and bashes the coin then proceeds to still want some. 

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 10:45:50 PM

the rabid fanboyism is strong in here. ive only just found this, and im only checking this out because its at the top of cryptsy votes, and just a brief look through this topic shows its been poorly handled,and so far nothing but empty promises and. just another pump and dump. i would get some but all the sites its on are just trash, if anyone wants to sell some thru escrow PM me

Just another pump and dump huh?  Active community and active dev team for over 2 months now.  The coin is on 3 different exchanges and there has been no sign at all of any type of pump and dump.  The coin slowly climbed the voting ladder at cryptorush and at cryptsy and has a lot less of "purchased" votes than most of the coins voted onto the exchange in the past.  Tell us all how this has been poorly handled?  The only "empty promise" I can figure is that the dev team told that there would be news after the tournament.  We are barely a week after that tournament and while there hasn't been news yet, myself and a lot of us are still expecting it. 

I would love to sell some, but I refuse to sell any to someone who parades on here and bashes the coin then proceeds to still want some. 

agreed. total douchebaggery followed by wanting to trade in escrow? makes no sense; if it's just a pump n dump and it's poorly handled, why would you want to buy it?

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
enderp

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:50:16 PM

Awesome that MurrayCoin is in both the headline of the article, and their tweets about it. A tweet was:

"Cash in your Bitcoin - for some Bill MurrayCoin, PotCoin, or these other alt cryptocurrencies:"

http://theweek.com/article/index/259426/from-boobs-to-bill-murray-9-digital-currencies-you-should-know-about
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:58:04 PM

bholzer, are you out there bholzer?

Earth to bholzer..
gordonbleu

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:06:33 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 12:33:28 AM by gordonbleu

all the "big news coming" that never really happens. its taken this long for yall to notice perhaps you're being taken for a ride. its nearly on cryptsy? who cares. its a graveyard. those votes were paid for just like any other, if you think not youre deluded. probably bholzer himself or some desperate murray whale.

and you don't have to believe in a coin long term to know its going to go up soon short term
brianbbad

Activity: 423

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:17:02 AM

Full disclosure: I paid 0.6 BTC for votes on Cryptsy last week. Not ashamed of it. I think MRY is going to be a big hit.

Can we keep the discussion focused? If you have nothing useful to contribute to this thread, consider posting elsewhere.

its nearly on cryptsy? who cares. its a graveyard. those votes were paid for just like any other, if you think not youre deluded. probably holzer himself or some desperate murray whale.
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:52:38 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 01:06:08 AM by CryptoLogo

and you don't have to believe in a coin long term to know its going to go up soon short term

You better start mining MRY then!   Cool
Also from Cryptsy --We are also accepting paid votes, which have no limit on the number of votes you can cast.

So yeah I'm pretty sure they were paid for too. But then it doesn't matter who pays. Its unlimited.
Murray whale OUT  Cool

Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:53:10 AM

Issues with users paying for votes on Cryptsy and then canceling votes - Lost money.

Issues with fusionhash stuck transactions - Lost money.

Updating on what Bill drank at the after Party - N/A

It's a matter of priority, as well as having a full time job.

ive been reading about CC since just before new year, i have only just made an account, thank you for the welcome and kind words.

Welcome, but it isn't wise to tell everyone exactly why we should not listen to you, and then go ahead and spout your opinion as fact.  Cryptsy = Graveyard?  All you have to do is compare volume traded to other exchanges and hold your tongue.

Alienwalkerx
mpmcsweeney

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:33:24 AM

Given the fact that several exchanges are in the process of being sued into the Stone Age for handling Coinye, it seems rather prudent to hold off on listing a celebcoin (however noble) if permission to do so is not explicitly and publicly acknowledged.

So really, if you think about it, the lack of a Cryptsy listing is a non-issue of the umpteenth degree.

That being said, very curious here to hear about how the tourney/potential meetings with Bill Murray went.
PimpNCrypto

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:35:19 AM

It could just be me but i find the lack of a single picture from the Tourney to be disturbing.   JMHO    Undecided
CryptoLogo

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:58:50 AM

Everyone is able to have their opinions here.
Can we not have JMOI IMO SMH and all those silly abbreviations. I don't mind what people think but I can determine for myself if an opinion is honest or if it doesn't change the post at all whose opinion it is no need to say imo. I'm taking it for granted nobody is channeling Ghengis Khan? Your username says who is typing.
Its been one business day back at work. That's all.
Nobody needs to say what we are waiting for. We all know. It just sounds droning and it doesn't help. This forum should remain concise to the point. Which has been made. No more head shaking. You will end up pulling a muscle. 

bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 06:54:40 AM

Apologize for the delay on the update. Still working out the logistics of a handful of items and holding off until after another meeting with the Murray Bros. Foundation director this week. With multiple parties involved, there are a number of moving parts that most altcoins don't have to deal with. As we approach the 3 month mark since this project was announced, I feel like updates are counterproductive if they don't contain anything solid and I appreciate the patience most people are exercising - I know many of you are anxious.

As far as Cryptsy goes, I've yet to hear anything back and still have not received any information from them. Not getting added in the most recent cycle has nothing to do with them being concerned with legal issues - that was handled before they even listed MRY for voting. My guess is that they are in the process of acquiring MRY before listing it but this is 100% a guess - I have no data to support it other than a spike in network speed and a new farm hitting the network a couple days ago. Until I hear back from them, all we can do is speculate.

The bottom line is that Cryptsy can add whatever they want...but that doesn't make it any less frustrating to those people who have generously paid for votes/etc only to have coins beneath it on the list which haven't been around as long, have less potential, and have virtually inactive communities get added first. Murraycoin is approaching the 3-month mark and, for the most part, it has remained stable and toward the top in profitability the entire time despite limited exchange support and (seemingly) slow progress on the endorsement side of things. I see we have already slipped down to #2 on the Cryptsy voting list again behind another coin that has only been out a month and brings nothing new to the table - please don't pay any more BTC to move MRY up the list at this point (or at least hold off until after I have a chance to discuss the situation with them.) If there is some reason MRY is being discriminated against (and I'm not suggesting this is the case, but it's certainly looking strange) I'd hate to have more people part ways with their hard-earned BTC only to be sitting in the same spot Friday afternoon. While it's definitely important we are listed on at least one high volume exchange before the next phase, I'm not about to ask you guys to play their game if it's somehow rigged. I say with confidence that the profit Cryptsy has made from the past 10 coins they've added combined will pale in comparison to what they stand to make by adding Murraycoin so, from a business standpoint, their logic here is eluding me.

Why people continue to talk about Coinye is beyond me - Kanye West's legal team sent the Coinye developers a cease and desist order before the coin even launched and it's literally been dead since early January - to my knowledge, there are no lawsuits pending against any of the exchanges or even the development team - the original developers have all left the project. There is still a small community there but it was essentially dead before it even launched. We've been hearing the same nonsense about Coinye for 3 months now and the rumors and inaccurate information just continue to grow. This is frustrating on its own...but compounded when uninformed people automatically liken it to Murraycoin simply because they are both based on celebrities.

I understand there are a number of frustrated people in this thread wondering what's going on - all I can do is assure you there is a method to my madness here. Things have to happen in a certain order and some moves can't be made yet for various reasons. Take solace in the fact that we are in a bear market and mining profitability is way down across the board anyway - if you are invested in MRY, you are invested in one of the few coins with massive potential. Also take solace in the fact that I am giving you my word MRY will prove to be an excellent investment.

I know what it's like waiting around for news from a coin developer...but I want to ensure everybody is aware that despite the limited updates and news, I'm still here and I'm certainly not going anywhere. 2 1/2 months after launch, I am more dedicated to Murraycoin than ever. Our team is temporarily depleted as our next round of funding is on hold until after everything is official on the endorsement front. There is a lot happening behind the scenes, but it will all come together soon enough - we're looking better than ever right now. While 2 1/2 months may seem like an eternity (it certainly does to me!) we're talking about something unprecedented here and there is a lot of paperwork and discussions involved to ensure everybody is on the same page and everything is mutually beneficial for all parties. To make it an even more complex process, we're talking about technology that many people still don't fully understand - a lot of barriers had to be knocked down. Every Murraycoin I have I either mined or purchased on the exchanges like everybody else - nobody has more invested in this than me (not even counting my time) and nobody is as excited as I am for the coming weeks. I'm not here to fool anybody or pull one over on anybody - if that were my goal why would I still be here? We're all in this together and I'm being as transparent as I possibly can.

Keep spreading the word and hang in there with me - we're inching closer and closer and we're on the verge of another Bitcoin climb as well - if everything plays out correctly, the result could be quite synergetic.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
shango

Activity: 248

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 07:02:54 AM

Thanks for the detailed update.
I wonder if we can get more details and fact about the endoresement you speak of.
Are there talks initiated? With Bill Murray himself or his pr team ? Was there a response of any sort ?

Discuss today's profitable coins, mininig and trading alt coins :  cointradertalk.org
Cheap and reliable Cloud Hosting | USA VPS | UK VPS | Australia VPS | US Dedicated Servers
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 07:07:37 AM

Thanks for the detailed update.
I wonder if we can get more details and fact about the endoresement you speak of.
Are there talks initiated? With Bill Murray himself or his pr team ? Was there a response of any sort ?

Many of this should have been covered previously in the thread if you have the time to skim it but, yes - talks are initiated, these talks remains active, everything continues to progress and looks good, but nothing is 100% official on the endorsement front. We have permission but we don't have an official endorsement (we won't rest until we do.) Based on everything I know and everything we have discussed thus far, I expect the endorsement to happen sometime this month. Again, this isn't a guarantee...but I would be shocked otherwise. Communication should be fast-tracked a bit now that the golf tournament is behind them.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
CryptoLogo

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:31:34 AM

Thanks for the update Bholzer.
Nobody works their asses off like the Murraycoin team.
Well appreciated.
Can't wait for Murraycoin T-shirt!

MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:14:40 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 09:36:01 AM by MEGAman

The dev still being around 12 weeks after launch is a huge bonus these days by itself. 90% of new coins are pump/dump from the start - dev makes a new user name for the coin and as soon as the dev unloads they disappear. One of the big reasons I was drawn to MRY in the first place is that bholzer has been posting on the forums long before I got here and I've always felt like his posts were a breath of fresh air so there was a level of respect I had for him before I ever even heard of Murraycoin. Do people realize how rare it is for a dev to not hide behind a brand new account when launching a coin? If nothing more bholzer was including his reputation on bitcointalk in his ante and that was a good start for whatever it's worth. What keeps me coming back? Well it isn't the nonstop bigtime updates I was hoping for, that's for sure. In all honesty, if I could be making hundreds of dollars every day with my 5 MH of mining power like I could a few months ago, I'd probably be mining something else since I already have a large quantity of MRY. The thing is, after power costs, even mining the most profitable thing on coinwarz right now (Doge) with all of my miners would only bring in about $5 profit/day. From where I'm sitting, 2000 MRY/day is a lot more attractive than $5. Even with the elevated difficulty right now compared to a couple weeks ago it just doesn't make sense to mine anything else as far as I'm concerned because we all know what this could be worth if everything works out. Knowing what I now know about bholzer, I highly doubt he dedicated 12 weeks and all of this time and effort and all of that mining power to string us along while he trickles out coins on these tiny exchanges. If that was his plan, why didn't he just do the same thing with an already existing coin and save himself a lot of hassle? Another factor is that he bought a ton of coins from me a while back at prices higher than the current going rate so clearly he believes something positive is coming at some point. People labeling this as a pump and dump definitely haven't done their research. I have never been more confident in a dev team nor a coin and it's easy to be patient when MRY is clearly the best thing out there right now. I stopped buying a couple weeks ago but I'm still mining and holding everything. Not everybody is as patient as I am but it's not like there is some other big opportunity out there - MRY represents the only bigtime opportunity in my opinion outside of bitcoin itself. During the mazacoin and auroracoin and other countrycoin crap/hype I just ignored it and kept mining MRY. These various scams continue to be exposed, dishonest devs vanish, altcoins are all taking a beating, and yet MRY just keeps gaining steam. I'm somewhat new to crypto but my instincts haven't steered me wrong yet. I'm confused by what people are complaining about? Everyone has their hand out like the dev team owes them something because they mined a coin that will probably make them a lot of money in the end despite putting in no effort to put everything together. The more people complain and bug the dev team the more time they have to spend defending the coin and answering redundant questions instead of working on the actual project. So many questions get asked over and over here because people are too lazy to read the thread. The answers are in the same thread you're posting your questions in! Come on people quit wasting these guys' time it's definitely not going to help them get things done any faster. I have no idea why anybody would want to be a coin dev these days unless they have an amazing plan like this because people are so greedy and entitled it's crazy. Even people with a vested interest in a coin will start spreading FUD if they aren't getting the answers they want when they want them. I'm all in on MRY now but I'm pretty sure this is the last altcoin I will ever invest in because inexperienced investors and antsy kids are killing this market. MRY and BTC only for me unless there is a drastic shift in maturity and intelligence in the altcoin community.
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 12:28:12 PM

The dev still being around 12 weeks after launch is a huge bonus these days by itself. 90% of new coins are pump/dump from the start - dev makes a new user name for the coin and as soon as the dev unloads they disappear. One of the big reasons I was drawn to MRY in the first place is that bholzer has been posting on the forums long before I got here and I've always felt like his posts were a breath of fresh air so there was a level of respect I had for him before I ever even heard of Murraycoin. Do people realize how rare it is for a dev to not hide behind a brand new account when launching a coin? If nothing more bholzer was including his reputation on bitcointalk in his ante and that was a good start for whatever it's worth. What keeps me coming back? Well it isn't the nonstop bigtime updates I was hoping for, that's for sure. In all honesty, if I could be making hundreds of dollars every day with my 5 MH of mining power like I could a few months ago, I'd probably be mining something else since I already have a large quantity of MRY. The thing is, after power costs, even mining the most profitable thing on coinwarz right now (Doge) with all of my miners would only bring in about $5 profit/day. From where I'm sitting, 2000 MRY/day is a lot more attractive than $5. Even with the elevated difficulty right now compared to a couple weeks ago it just doesn't make sense to mine anything else as far as I'm concerned because we all know what this could be worth if everything works out. Knowing what I now know about bholzer, I highly doubt he dedicated 12 weeks and all of this time and effort and all of that mining power to string us along while he trickles out coins on these tiny exchanges. If that was his plan, why didn't he just do the same thing with an already existing coin and save himself a lot of hassle? Another factor is that he bought a ton of coins from me a while back at prices higher than the current going rate so clearly he believes something positive is coming at some point. People labeling this as a pump and dump definitely haven't done their research. I have never been more confident in a dev team nor a coin and it's easy to be patient when MRY is clearly the best thing out there right now. I stopped buying a couple weeks ago but I'm still mining and holding everything. Not everybody is as patient as I am but it's not like there is some other big opportunity out there - MRY represents the only bigtime opportunity in my opinion outside of bitcoin itself. During the mazacoin and auroracoin and other countrycoin crap/hype I just ignored it and kept mining MRY. These various scams continue to be exposed, dishonest devs vanish, altcoins are all taking a beating, and yet MRY just keeps gaining steam. I'm somewhat new to crypto but my instincts haven't steered me wrong yet. I'm confused by what people are complaining about? Everyone has their hand out like the dev team owes them something because they mined a coin that will probably make them a lot of money in the end despite putting in no effort to put everything together. The more people complain and bug the dev team the more time they have to spend defending the coin and answering redundant questions instead of working on the actual project. So many questions get asked over and over here because people are too lazy to read the thread. The answers are in the same thread you're posting your questions in! Come on people quit wasting these guys' time it's definitely not going to help them get things done any faster. I have no idea why anybody would want to be a coin dev these days unless they have an amazing plan like this because people are so greedy and entitled it's crazy. Even people with a vested interest in a coin will start spreading FUD if they aren't getting the answers they want when they want them. I'm all in on MRY now but I'm pretty sure this is the last altcoin I will ever invest in because inexperienced investors and antsy kids are killing this market. MRY and BTC only for me unless there is a drastic shift in maturity and intelligence in the altcoin community.

Megaman, you are on point as usual.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
mpmcsweeney

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:40:26 PM

http://replygif.net/i/758.gif
eatcow

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:26:03 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 04:45:47 PM by eatcow

Thanks for the update bholzer. You guys sounds like you are working very hard - that amazing given you don't even have a premine. Crypsy is very unfortunate, but those guys have been sketchy from their launch. Have you thought about shifting focus to mintpal or something of the like.

Anyways, you have a long term supporter and miner in me.

Cheers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: