Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:22:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117839 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
neleonele

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 09:30:18 PM

Murraycoin 0.9.2 has been officially released for all major platforms and the source has been updated on GitHub. To upgrade, please visit https://www.murraycoin.org or use the updated download links on the first post in the thread.

Currently, we are less than 4000 blocks away from the fork at block 130,000. While many of you have already updated... I know there are many who have not - please help get the word out. We will contact Cryptsy, Xnigma, and the handful of other services that are currently using Murraycoin to ensure they are updated to the latest release before the fork hits. Obviously, we would have preferred more notice. However, we wanted to fast-track the fork to help smooth out the Murraycoin network. Also, we stripped out many pieces of in-development code and non-critical code from the public source on GitHub - this "tearing down" process took longer than we had hoped but we wanted to protect some of the upcoming innovation to ensure it remains Murraycoin-exclusive (at least for a few days!) once we release it.

We have already had an individual contact us inquiring about the icons in the GitHub source not being the same as the icons in the compiled clients - this is the explanation: We pulled the Murraycoin icons out of the GitHub source as we developed them in-house and did not want to include them under the open license. Over 15 coins (that we're aware of) have used the original Murraycoin icons since release (for example, DigiByte) and despite none of them figuring out how to display them properly... we have received a number of accusations for stealing icons that we created ourselves! While this sounds superficial, we have contributed a great deal to Bitcoin Core development over the past 12 months and have certainly done our part in contributing to cryptocurrency innovation. The Qt client can still be compiled from source as all icons were replaced with the original Bitcoin Core equivalents.

So, without further ado, the details of the new client and the fork:

Murraycoin 0.9.2 is built on Bitcoin Core 0.9.2. That means all of the latest features that have gone into Bitcoin Core 0.9+ in addition to all of the enhancements in 0.9.1 and the upcoming 0.9.2 client have been polished and combined with some Murraycoin-exclusive code. We have tweaks several areas as well including an increase to the available block sizes/etc and everything else outlined below. To our knowledge, no other Scrypt-N coin is using the the Bitcoin Core 0.9+ source so that is another plus. Although we are not Scrypt-N, per se, please read on for the details.

At block 130k, the new difficulty adjustment method kicks in. Difficulty will begin adjusting after every block using a weighted algorithm (not unlike KGW - just slightly different). This will ease the impact multipools are having on both extreme difficulty fluctuation and the subsequent auto-dumps on the exchanges. This is a positive for value, a positive for network consistency, and a negative for multipools (which, in turn, is positive for crypto, in my opinion).

On July 4th, 2014 the PoW algorithm will switch from standard Scrypt to Scrypt-2048. We will release MurrayMiner before that point but Vertminer will also work for the time being (until VTC switches to Scrypt-4096). The reasons we opted switch the algorithm and, beyond that, to go with Scrypt-2048 instead of the (now-popular) Scrypt-N are numerous:

There are so many scrypt coins out there and so many multipools that we felt it didn't make sense to stick with scrypt. With scrypt, people are investing more and more money into ASIC miners and they are more focused than ever on simply mining the most profitable coins of the second with no regard as to what they are or what they stand for. This does not fit the Murraycoin image nor our long-term goals. We aren't as concerned about the centralization effect ASIC miners can have on crypto as we are with so many great, innovative coins being nothing more than a means to an end. Murraycoin has always been about community and real people getting involved in something fun and cool - raping the network with countless ASIC-produced gigahashes and auto-dumping on an exchange isn't either of those things. Remaining scrypt would solidify us as just another stepping stone in the crowded world of crypto.

Now, why didn't we choose to go with Scrypt-N? Won't Scrypt-2048 ASICs start rolling out soon creating the same problems as outlined above? Well, we made a calculated decision here. First of all, as far as I can see, Murraycoin will be the only Scrypt-2048 coin. In 2015, when the Scrypt-N coins switch to Scrypt-4096 automatically, Scrypt-2048 ASIC miners would no longer have a purpose. Even if companies do decide to produce Scrypt-2048 miners (doubtful) that's still not a bad thing for Murraycoin - it just means everybody that has a Scrypt-2048 ASIC will have to mine Murraycoin! Also, we are aware of at least one manufacturer already working on Scrypt-4096 ASIC chips - what this means is that Scrypt-N could actually be a major target for ASIC miners once the algorithm adjusts next year. Finally, the high memory requirements of Scrypt-4096 make it extremely inefficient for previous generation GPUs to mine (and even current generation GPUs, really). This means, at least at first, Scrypt-4096 will actually be a target for CPU miners; this means botnets/etc could begin entering the picture early into the Scrypt-N switch. There will also be a number of miners who suddenly have worthless GPU mining rigs - they can't mine scrypt coins due to all of the ASICs and they can't mine Scrypt-N due to the high memory requirements of Scrypt-4096. GPU values will plummet and people will be holding obsolete mining hardware. We wanted something stable with no surprises - we know Scrypt-2048 can be efficiently mined on GPUs as most Scrypt-N coins are being mined with them right now. We don't want people holding a bunch of useless hardware - we want to build the strength and stability of the network.

As Murraycoin grows, it's my opinion that (nearly) everybody will be on the same page. We know there is a lot of work to be done to get us there but Murraycoin will rise - I personally guarantee it. We have a lot going for us and we are truly just getting started. 5 months seems like an eternity in the altcoin universe because most coins are pumped, dumped, and the dev disappears within a couple of months - we're a bright light in an increasingly seedy world and I'm confident that will be an asset when it's time to start moving all of the pieces into place.

Murraycoin paper wallet generator should be up tonight. It's possible we will be making some tweaks to various things/etc but please update to the latest version right away - we need everybody on the correct fork! Both of the seeds have been updated, FusionHash has updated, and we will add additional dedicated seeds as well over the next couple days. If you guys have any questions/comments/concerns please let me know.

It's time to rise up. Onward and upward!

Thanks for update,big days are comming....

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcgoods

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:31:32 PM

Well, I'm off to the Chive meetup!  Cool
Has Cryptsy responded to messages about the hard fork / software update yet? (I saw a tweet was sent to them but I assume other modes of communication were also used, right?)

Good luck at the meetup! Can't wait to hear how it went! All the best
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 09:54:02 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 10:39:38 PM by bholzer

Welcome to the fork! As we had hoped, the transition was silky smooth. I have not received any reports of people having issues but want to address the possibility just in case. For those of you with the Qt wallet, you should see the "fork" icon in the bottom right lit up blue:

If your client is fully-synced up and that icon isn't lit up, you may be on the wrong chain. Please ensure you have the latest version of the client installed [v0.9.2] and that the nodes from the original post are added:

addnode=162.243.141.242
addnode=173.203.82.215
addnode=162.243.207.204

We have linked those three official nodes to several other official nodes hosted around the globe; they have now been instructed to reject clients on the wrong chain. As long as you have the above nodes added you should be good to go. If there are any issues you experience, please let me know right away.

On July 4th, Murraycoin will automatically switch over to Scrypt-2048 for PoW. This does not involve another fork - if you have the latest client installed, there is nothing more you need to do. I will provide more details as the date draws closer and we will also be releasing "MurrayMiner" - an official Scrypt-2048 version of cgminer. You can also use any Scrypt-N mining software (Vertminer/etc) up until 2015. MurrayMiner will be able to mine Murraycoins forever with no expiration. Keep in mind that until July 4th, the only noticeable change will be the new difficulty formula that just kicked in - Murraycoin will remain standard Scrypt PoW with the same reward structure up until July 4th. There were a number of upgrades under the hood on this release - this was a major step forward for Murraycoin.

I'd like to thank everyone for helping to make this transition a success - sometimes these forks can be bumpy. I've been reaching out to service providers to ensure they are all good to go as well. We have a ton of stuff in the pipeline for Murraycoin and we're just getting rolling again here - this fork, the issues it addresses, and the new features it brings with it will help lay the groundwork for our growth.

We're back and better than ever!

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
brianbbad

Activity: 423

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:10:13 AM

Glad the fork was not a big forking deal.
For the curious, people can follow my promotional shenanigans on Instagram (see link in signature).
Can't wait to get my hands on some Murraycoin merch!
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 08:09:35 AM

Glad the fork was not a big forking deal.
For the curious, people can follow my promotional shenanigans on Instagram (see link in signature).
Can't wait to get my hands on some Murraycoin merch!

Awesome man - you are a rockstar. I am certain this will all pay off for us as well as the Murray Bros. Foundation. I do want to apologize for not delivering the paper wallets in time for your event - we had them nearly completed but then wanted to rig up a way to redeem them via murraycoin.org for the people that wanted to download a wallet and import them. For the average person, redeeming the coins on a paper wallet would probably be a bit intimidating. Long story short, the "simple" project grew more and more complex by the minute (as things always seem to do with me - my girlfriend could tell you all about it!)

I want to build something into the next release of the wallet for sure as the physical coin distribution will be a huge part of our marketing effort - it's a great way to reach people unfamiliar with cryptocurrency but who love Bill Murray! We have a handful of people that are attending some upcoming local Reddit meetups as well (specifically to distribute the paper wallets - Murray is always a Reddit favorite). In any case, we didn't meet our deadline for you (as is often the case). Sometimes (okay, usually) this stuff just takes longer than I anticipate and for now this obviously continues to remain a side job for me. Once we can get things moving and get another injection of funding from the investors, we can put our team back together and finish what we started 5 months ago. We're close.

Some exciting things to come; in such a crowded space, we understand the impatience at times - it's frustrating for us as well! We'll get there - everything is moving forward. This fork was one of the major hurdles to get past and I'm glad it's now in the rearview. I wouldn't have attached myself to this project if I wasn't certain about it.

I want to thank everybody again for their continued support. Onward and upward.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
brianbbad

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:47:52 AM

Very excited. As usual, it's still hard to get people involved with (read: put some trust in) cryptocurrency, but we're gaining allies here and there (the admin of Ghostbusters.net, for example). Really, it's all just a matter of time... I mean, who doesn't like Bill Murray?

For fellow Murraycoin enthusiasts, you may have had people ask "Is Bill involved with this?" or something along those lines. I tell them: He knows about Murraycoin and he's okay with it, but he hasn't given it an official endorsement yet.

I will be tailgating at Comic Con in July to promote MRY, and the plan is go in full Dr. Venkman or Steve Zissou regalia.  Smiley
syncsam

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:17:07 PM

Very excited. As usual, it's still hard to get people involved with (read: put some trust in) cryptocurrency, but we're gaining allies here and there (the admin of Ghostbusters.net, for example). Really, it's all just a matter of time... I mean, who doesn't like Bill Murray?

For fellow Murraycoin enthusiasts, you may have had people ask "Is Bill involved with this?" or something along those lines. I tell them: He knows about Murraycoin and he's okay with it, but he hasn't given it an official endorsement yet.

I will be tailgating at Comic Con in July to promote MRY, and the plan is go in full Dr. Venkman or Steve Zissou regalia.  Smiley

Great work brianbbad
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 06:01:47 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 07:18:21 AM by bholzer

--Edit: On the case!--

This thing needs to be rock-solid in every way before we start pushing Murraycoin the way we want to... the way we need to. If anybody has experienced issues of any sort, no matter how minor or seemingly insignificant, please PM them to me - I want every single kink ironed out (should they exist) as soon as possible and will jump on the case immediately. Things slightly out of the ordinary that we may consider irrelevant or minor inconveniences could result in serious frustration for individuals who are less tech-savvy.

There are a few minor projects just about ready to go - nothing groundbreaking, as I've said, but integral pieces to the puzzle. We have also ordered a PVC printer to create some really slick "paper" wallets. We still want to create aluminum paper wallets eventually, as I have talked about in the past, but we decided it wasn't prudent to entrust public/private key pairs to 3rd party and we looked into purchasing a CNC desktop machine to create the aluminum wallets ourselves but ultimately decided our budget was better spent elsewhere (hence the PVC printer). We still intend to put the self-service paper wallet generator online within the next couple days... we have just had a number of other priorities to take care of first. The next version of the wallet will have an option available where paper wallets can be easily imported; despite ensuring Murraycoin always remains on the cutting edge, a lot of the future enhancements to the client itself will be making things more user-friendly. Also, we will start focusing on our mobile apps in the near future - these will be key in the grass roots approach as people can download the Murraycoin app while it's fresh in their mind and even import a paper wallet if it is handed to them just by scanning in the QR Code. If we are going to tackle this new approach to marketing, we need to ensure everybody has the ability to use it and that starts with the client and more information on the website. Tutorials, videos, etc - if we can make Murraycoin the gateway to cryptocurrency we can put Murraycoin on top with or without endorsements [however, don't give up on the endorsements just yet  Wink]

Jimmy had some great marketing ideas this afternoon as well and I will certainly consider several of them. brianbbad is taking care of business with his grass roots approach and we need to arm him with some of these new PVC wallets hot off the press (the printer should be here Monday). Seriously - I can't thank this guy enough for all he has done for Murraycoin and this community while asking for nothing in return. As soon as we can begin to generate some excitement I know we can get this great community back together and move things forward - so many of you have come to me with rock-solid ideas over the past several months and I really appreciate that - we will execute on many of them in the coming months and I will be sure to give credit where it's due. I miss the good old days of Murraycoin - I want that back and I know you all do too. We hit a wall but we came out on the other side smarter and better prepared. The altcoin universe is an unforgiving disaster; it has become a virtual wasteland of dead coins that lacked innovation, scams, and failed attempts at greatness while leaving behind a trail of frustration and confusion in its wake. Let's give it something to be proud of. Come back to me, guys. We deserve better. Bill Murray deserves better.

Onward and upward.

bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 06:59:39 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 07:19:34 AM by bholzer

Jimmy:

Would you mind pulling the screenshots from the post for now? I have already saved them. Obviously I want to get this resolved right away but don't want to set off any panic when somebody is scrolling through the thread as they might get the wrong idea. You know how easily rumors get started and the last thing I want to do is spend any of my limited time defending a false-positive malware warning. Thanks for all of your effort and suggestions (as well as reporting this issue). I will get this taken care of as quickly as possible (guessing it will require me to contact Kaspersky).

Edit: Apparently you pulled the whole post  Cheesy In any case... I'm on it right now.

brianbbad

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:09:48 PM

I can't thank this guy enough for all he has done for Murraycoin and this community while asking for nothing in return.

Thank *you*, buddy! I and other early adopters certainly stand to benefit financially from MRY's success, but in the spirit of Murraycoin, I will continue to reinvest my money/cryptocurrencies into charitable causes.

O & U!  Cool
brianbbad

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:35:26 PM

Speaking of early adopters, some of us may get the chance to meet Bill at some point, so be prepared for the effect such an encounter may have on you:
http://youtu.be/RXcvBSDgnhU
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 12:23:40 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 12:51:30 AM by bholzer

Just an update to let everybody know that the Windows clients/wallets have been updated with minor tweaks and improvements from our private branch; in addition to updates to the code itself, noteworthy changes to the build process include:

Updated to OpenSSL 1.0.1h
Updated to Qt 5.3.0
Updated to protobuf-2.5.0
Updated to libpng-1.6.12

This update has eliminated the false-positive notice some people were experiencing with Kaspersky due to our modified node discovery method; we have also submitted the latest build, both the installer and Qt executable, to Kaspersky to be added to their whitelist.

Please update at your earliest convenience. While not mandatory, there is certainly no reason not to update:

pepe_legal

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:05:47 PM

oh yeah baby!!! Cryptsy low price...time to add some kMurrays to my portfolio! Grin

Really don't understand...people prefer invest money on coins with scammers behind Undecided...and this one with one of the few devs that we all can trust Roll Eyes...... well great for me and all "Murrayers"! Grin Grin Cheesy

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0) WAVES ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0)
░▒▓▓▓▓ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0)    ▐ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0) INTRODUCING WAVES ▐ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0) ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM ▐ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0)    ▓▓▓▓▒░ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (http://wavesplatform.com/)
syncsam

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:23:20 AM

oh yeah baby!!! Cryptsy low price...time to add some kMurrays to my portfolio! Grin

Really don't understand...people prefer invest money on coins with scammers behind Undecided...and this one with one of the few devs that we all can trust Roll Eyes...... well great for me and all "Murrayers"! Grin Grin Cheesy

People don't have the patience or foresight for a quality coin, its all about how much you can make right NOW!!!  unfortunately if people took the time to do due diligence, chose a coin that has more then P&D potential, most of these scam coins would be gone in a few days

Look at doge, the developer came out  (on a youtube vid) and said he initially made it as a joke,  and its inflationary (5 billion coins a year no limit, 125000 block reward).  I don't see the point, yet ppl are  still mining and buying it
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:10:09 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 08:21:54 AM by MEGAman

People don't have the patience or foresight for a quality coin, its all about how much you can make right NOW!!!  unfortunately if people took the time to do due diligence, chose a coin that has more then P&D potential, most of these scam coins would be gone in a few days

Look at doge, the developer came out  (on a youtube vid) and said he initially made it as a joke,  and its inflationary (5 billion coins a year no limit, 125000 block reward).  I don't see the point, yet ppl are  still mining and buying it

It's interesting because here we have a coin that has been around for basically 6 months now, with an active developer who is well-respected (how rare is that?), continues to be mined by more than just multipools, had a 0% premine, just released a sweet new wallet built on Bitcoin 092 (has any other coin even done that yet?) and is the only celebrity coin ever created that didn't get a C&D thrown at it. I've been around since the first week mining and I've been buying since it was listed on xnigma or whatever and I've never sold a single coin. Bill Murray's charity has retweeted @murraycoin before and this dev is a proven entrepreneur that wants to actually market this thing and make it into something unique. There will only ever be ~60,000,000 coins, this is about to switch over to Scrypt-2048 on July 4th (only coin I've seen that is going with straight 2048) and Murraycoin is trading at 250 satoshis? We just went through the smoothest hardfork I've ever seen - I wouldn't have even noticed if it weren't for the icon on my wallet lighting up. It's sad to say but the simple fact that the original dev is still active and releasing updates after 6 months puts Murraycoin in rare company. Could you imagine if Bill Murray came out in support of Murraycoin? It would directly benefit his charity so he even has motivation to do it beyond just adding to his legacy. This would be the biggest thing in crypto since Doge! Also, I agree about Doge - terrible coin. Just goes to show what a large community and a lot of hype can do. bholzer needs to understand people in this market all have ADHD and 20-second attention spans. Just have to keep doing what you do and people will come around. when the Murray Brothers Foundation didn't sign the agreement to endorse Murraycoin bholzer started receiving fucking death threats from people! What the hell is wrong with people? It wasn't even like they cut ties with him they just said they needed more time to make a decision. That's the mentality we're dealing with here.

In the altcoin world, we're dealing with "investors" that don't have a clue what they are doing. I see coins almost every week with ridiculous premines (one of them had a 20% premine!) and 50,000,000 - 100,000,000 coins in circulation after a week and people are paying 10x the going rate of Murray because the coins are proof-of-stake and the "dev" who has absolutely zero credibility makes some bold claim that never materializes. Then the premines are dumped and the devs walk away. It sucks. People cannot think for themselves or research for themselves - they need to be told what to believe. bholzer's main problem is that his honest approach does not appeal to most altcoin investors. A coin is a lot more successful when you over-promise and under-deliver. It's a scammers market right now and honest coins are suffering for it. I hope that reverses soon because man this is getting out of hand.

For me Murraycoin represents the most fun I've ever had in cryptocurrency. I like that's it's about as low-risk as it gets, that I trust the dev, and that there is this 100% untapped potential that still exists if Bill Murray ever decides to just jump up and endorse this thing. Cryptocurrency is only going to go more and more mainstream and I can't think of a better way to get people interested than by having a celebrity coin. To make things even more ridiculous Murraycoin has never had any issues and is actually on the cutting edge code-wise. Imagine if the Chive got on board or something. I mean so few people in this market have any creativity. If you don't tell them what to think they think nothing.

How many other coins have stuff like this out there:

http://instagram.com/p/pxhFr3B5Vj/

How many wallets make you smile every time you open them?

How many coins have a hot chick posting in the thread?

This is the greatest fucking altcoin ever made. I used to have so much fun chatting with all of the Murray peeps on the exchanges and posting gifs and stuff. I'm sick of this sad depressing altcoin world we're now in where it's 99% bullshit, lies, and scams. Murraycoin was fun as hell but everyone decided to bail and go lose their money by investing in the scam of the week. Look at the value of MRY over the past month compared to every other coin. It might be low but it's stable and steady which is more than I can say for pretty much anything else. I'm losing my ass holding LTC, VTC, etc and I don't even buy scamcoins. MRY has been one of my best investments. I'm not worried because I know it will be back. I believe in bholzer and I believe in Murraycoin 100%. I'm still on the gravy train.

And last but not least, one of the greatest fucking things I've ever seen:

http://gifsound.com/?gif=giant.gfycat.com/ChubbyFancyHarvestmen.gif&v=Vo_0UXRY_rY&s=30
pepe_legal

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:13:50 PM

@MEGAman couldn't say it better! And yes...beautiful MurrayGirl! bholzer should include her picture in the wallet's right corner!  Grin Grin

It's just a matter of time...MurrayCoin will be one of the biggest crypto's!

I really believe that!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0) WAVES ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0)
░▒▓▓▓▓ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0)    ▐ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0) INTRODUCING WAVES ▐ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0) ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM ▐ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0)    ▓▓▓▓▒░ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.0)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (http://wavesplatform.com/)
swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:02:07 PM

:::slow clap:::

Best post I've seen on a thread on this site.

I share these sentiments: This is the greatest fucking altcoin ever made.

Onward and Upward!!

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
brianbbad

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:56:34 PM

:::slow clap:::

Best post I've seen on a thread on this site.

I share these sentiments: This is the greatest fucking altcoin ever made.

Onward and Upward!!

Agreed, we are definitely aboard the right train! Smiley

I've sent a few ideas to bholzer, but to sum up some of my ideas for others to discuss or start acting on:

+ establish a stabilization fund, similar to that of NautilusCoin
+ continue making connections within the crypto-community; I especially think Bryce Weiner could be a valuable person to get involved with MRY, but really anyone who is involved in cryptocurrency or has an internet-related skill set.
+ make a site that uses Murraycoin to crowdfund charitable projects, similar to PotFunder or StartJOIN
+ get added to a payment platform such as Coinkite or Moolah
syncsam

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:05:59 AM

... when the Murray Brothers Foundation didn't sign the agreement to endorse Murraycoin bholzer started receiving fucking death threats from people! ...

I didn't know this, that is just nutz
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:11:32 AM

Look at doge, the developer came out  (on a youtube vid) and said he initially made it as a joke,  and its inflationary (5 billion coins a year no limit, 125000 block reward).  I don't see the point, yet ppl are  still mining and buying it

It's interesting because here we have a coin that has been around for basically 6 months now, with an active developer who is well-respected (how rare is that?), continues to be mined by more than just multipools, had a 0% premine, just released a sweet new wallet built on Bitcoin 092 (has any other coin even done that yet?) and is the only celebrity coin ever created that didn't get a C&D thrown at it. I've been around since the first week mining and I've been buying since it was listed on xnigma or whatever and I've never sold a single coin. Bill Murray's charity has retweeted @murraycoin before and this dev is a proven entrepreneur that wants to actually market this thing and make it into something unique. There will only ever be ~60,000,000 coins, this is about to switch over to Scrypt-2048 on July 4th (only coin I've seen that is going with straight 2048) and Murraycoin is trading at 250 satoshis? We just went through the smoothest hardfork I've ever seen - I wouldn't have even noticed if it weren't for the icon on my wallet lighting up. It's sad to say but the simple fact that the original dev is still active and releasing updates after 6 months puts Murraycoin in rare company. Could you imagine if Bill Murray came out in support of Murraycoin? It would directly benefit his charity so he even has motivation to do it beyond just adding to his legacy. This would be the biggest thing in crypto since Doge! Also, I agree about Doge - terrible coin. Just goes to show what a large community and a lot of hype can do. bholzer needs to understand people in this market all have ADHD and 20-second attention spans. Just have to keep doing what you do and people will come around. when the Murray Brothers Foundation didn't sign the agreement to endorse Murraycoin bholzer started receiving fucking death threats from people! What the hell is wrong with people? It wasn't even like they cut ties with him they just said they needed more time to make a decision. That's the mentality we're dealing with here.

In the altcoin world, we're dealing with "investors" that don't have a clue what they are doing. I see coins almost every week with ridiculous premines (one of them had a 20% premine!) and 50,000,000 - 100,000,000 coins in circulation after a week and people are paying 10x the going rate of Murray because the coins are proof-of-stake and the "dev" who has absolutely zero credibility makes some bold claim that never materializes. Then the premines are dumped and the devs walk away. It sucks. People cannot think for themselves or research for themselves - they need to be told what to believe. bholzer's main problem is that his honest approach does not appeal to most altcoin investors. A coin is a lot more successful when you over-promise and under-deliver. It's a scammers market right now and honest coins are suffering for it. I hope that reverses soon because man this is getting out of hand.

For me Murraycoin represents the most fun I've ever had in cryptocurrency. I like that's it's about as low-risk as it gets, that I trust the dev, and that there is this 100% untapped potential that still exists if Bill Murray ever decides to just jump up and endorse this thing. Cryptocurrency is only going to go more and more mainstream and I can't think of a better way to get people interested than by having a celebrity coin. To make things even more ridiculous Murraycoin has never had any issues and is actually on the cutting edge code-wise. Imagine if the Chive got on board or something. I mean so few people in this market have any creativity. If you don't tell them what to think they think nothing.

How many other coins have stuff like this out there:

http://instagram.com/p/pxhFr3B5Vj/

How many wallets make you smile every time you open them?

How many coins have a hot chick posting in the thread?

This is the greatest fucking altcoin ever made. I used to have so much fun chatting with all of the Murray peeps on the exchanges and posting gifs and stuff. I'm sick of this sad depressing altcoin world we're now in where it's 99% bullshit, lies, and scams. Murraycoin was fun as hell but everyone decided to bail and go lose their money by investing in the scam of the week. Look at the value of MRY over the past month compared to every other coin. It might be low but it's stable and steady which is more than I can say for pretty much anything else. I'm losing my ass holding LTC, VTC, etc and I don't even buy scamcoins. MRY has been one of my best investments. I'm not worried because I know it will be back. I believe in bholzer and I believe in Murraycoin 100%. I'm still on the gravy train.

And last but not least, one of the greatest fucking things I've ever seen:

http://gifsound.com/?gif=giant.gfycat.com/ChubbyFancyHarvestmen.gif&v=Vo_0UXRY_rY&s=30

Thank you for the post MEGAman - summed things up in a way nobody else probably could (you certainly have a way with words).

... when the Murray Brothers Foundation didn't sign the agreement to endorse Murraycoin bholzer started receiving fucking death threats from people! ...

I didn't know this, that is just nutz

While this is true, it was all traced back to a single individual and the police followed through on everything which is great. It wasn't who many of you are probably thinking it was, by the way. I have some commitments I have made to some other coin communities that will keep me somewhat occupied throughout the remainder of the week; I will begin another push here this weekend to get Murraycoin back on track. I can assure you we're still sitting just fine guys; the value remains artificially depressed due to lack of buy support and frequently high mining profitability. Our small community will grow in numbers soon enough.

Keep in mind Murraycoin automatically switches over to Scrypt-2048 on July 4th which will really cut down on any remaining auto-dumping. I have a call with the Murray Bros. Foundation next week as well so hopefully we can get some stuff wrapped up this weekend to begin powering our inevitable climb back up the mountain.

Thanks for hanging in there, guys - it will be worth your while.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: