Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:53:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitPonzi.Net - Offline  (Read 34664 times)
ama

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 02:54:38 AM

Ok, I guess I've learnt that it's a bit dumb to start a fixed duration round without seeing if anyones interested in contributing. If a couple of people make small/medium deposits then I'll do the same, that will at least double the jackpot and make it something worth fighting over.  Smiley

Good morning!   Smiley

The first thing I've done after waken up was looked at the result of your game!  Sad, isn't it?  hehe.  Anyway, I still fail to see the point why anybody would snip on a game with a jackpot smaller than the bet ammount.  And I also fail to see why anybody would invest earlier (which is how the jackpot could get larger) in a fixed end game.  Maybe I don't get the point of such a game, but the what happened (nobody playing) is exactly what I would expect.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
geek-trader

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 02:54:53 AM

Oh man this is exciting... just got a 15btc pledge.

If you pledged any satoshis please make sure to post in this thread so that I can coordinate the launch with you!!!

I thought a "satoshi" was 0.00000001 BTC.

Make 1 deposit and earn BTC for life! http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/345
Play my FREE HTML5 games at: http://magigames.org  BTC donations accepted.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 02:59:11 AM

Oh man this is exciting... just got a 15btc pledge.

If you pledged any satoshis please make sure to post in this thread so that I can coordinate the launch with you!!!

I thought a "satoshi" was 0.00000001 BTC.

It is.  People pledged the number of bitcoins they were going to invest, except in satoshis.  What I meant by 15btc pledge was a pledge to invest 15btc.  Sorry for the wording.

Were you the guy who pledged 15btc? Tongue

(BFL)^2 < 0
ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 03:01:18 AM

Dude, this is the perfect opportunity to introduce your friends to the wonderful world of bitcoin! (and also bitponzi!)
It sort of makes me wonder: what are the origins of this "honest ponzi" thing?  I think it's a bitcoin in-joke or something.
edit: Unless anyone else disagrees, the first 1hr massive jackpot on bitponzi will begin tomorrow at 8pm est with an initial jackpot of 6.6BTC!!!

Also, someone better tell me what they meant by sending me 10 satoshis... I really want to know.

A few months ago I was curious about the spreadsheet games that others were playing via google spreadsheet. I got in touch with a friend who I wanted to work on a project with, and we built it. Mostly through Chat/IM. I was the face, architect and my partner was the back end, architect and builder.

It is an in-joke, you are correct. It's a living representation of Bitcoin, as one degree of reality. Transparent? Yep. Pushing boundaries? 0 Confirmation payout? Yep. Jackpots / Snake eating its own tail? Yep.

So, my friend and I are the masterminds of the hosted ponzi model. We built it, and the community contributed quite a bit. It gave us the experiential education we needed to understand how to use, and extend bitcoin into other projects.

The ponzibot will be free to use, by the way. I'd like to see if mb300sd would be interested in a shared VPS, because I'd like to relaunch in multiple regions with multiple ponzis - bitponzi EU, bitponzi UK, bitponzi  JP, etc.

The ponzi bot is being built to accommodate any bitponzi API.

Regards,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan. 
That history is really interesting.  I'm also curious as to who came up with the spreadsheet games... they probably date back to spring of this year.

(BFL)^2 < 0
mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 04:00:46 AM

The ponzibot will be free to use, by the way. I'd like to see if mb300sd would be interested in a shared VPS, because I'd like to relaunch in multiple regions with multiple ponzis - bitponzi EU, bitponzi UK, bitponzi  JP, etc.

Regards,
Jonathan

I don't think splitting the site into multiple regions would be very helpful, seems like it would be better to keep one worldwide site so that theres a larger audience for all rounds and people have more rounds to choose from. We already have a pretty global presence by the looks of it.

As for VPS, I'm not even sure whether I'm going to keep it at the moment. The university internet had some issues but those same issues also took down our .edu email server for a while, so I doubt that it will happen again. And a it doesn't solve the weekly reboot-for-update problem. (plus, my internet here is faster than the connection on the VPS anyways...)

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 04:20:56 AM

heh, you can't tell that the site is global just by looking at the stats though.  You still have to consider whether these visitors are actually investing.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 04:21:47 AM

Regards,
Jonathan

I don't think splitting the site into multiple regions would be very helpful, seems like it would be better to keep one worldwide site so that theres a larger audience for all rounds and people have more rounds to choose from. We already have a pretty global presence by the looks of it.

As for VPS, I'm not even sure whether I'm going to keep it at the moment. The university internet had some issues but those same issues also took down our .edu email server for a while, so I doubt that it will happen again. And a it doesn't solve the weekly reboot-for-update problem. (plus, my internet here is faster than the connection on the VPS anyways...)

Ah. You know, it could be as simple as adding German, French, Chinese, Japanese and ? language selection. Little flags, right hand corner. http://www.donutey.com/translation.php

I've always felt that once people 'get it' they're more likely to play, host their rounds. It can be confusing at first, trying to figure out *what* is going on in these games.

So, how about in the interim, language flags + google translate for the rules, for countries that ping your site the most. I'm going to find a way quickly build out sites to extend on the API, and feed the games that are running. Now that you have exposed the ability to create rounds, the whole feature set is there, ready and waiting for some beautified jquery/css and liberal use of modal dialogs and smart controls.

So feeder sites built on the API, creating rounds, and playing in rounds from multiple portals.

Does everyone like where this is going?

I'm getting interested in taking this to the next level again.

-Jonathan

ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 04:30:22 AM

The problem right now is that mb300sd doesn't really have much time to put into bitponzi, which is still a one-man operation.  Of course, we can't really open-source it.  Hmm...

(BFL)^2 < 0
mb300sd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 04:41:31 AM

An ASP.Net AJAX UI for the site is already in the works Wink I'm using the Bootstrap (http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/) CSS for most of the styling. I wasn't going to reveal it until it was done, but it should be up in a week or so, probably around sunday, as soon as I have a couple hours to dedicate to finishing it.

Flags are a good idea, I'll probably have that up tomorrow.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 05:01:21 AM

An ASP.Net AJAX UI for the site is already in the works Wink I'm using the Bootstrap (http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/) CSS for most of the styling. I wasn't going to reveal it until it was done, but it should be up in a week or so, probably around sunday, as soon as I have a couple hours to dedicate to finishing it.

Flags are a good idea, I'll probably have that up tomorrow.

Hah! NO way! I'm using bootstrap for one of my other projects.

That's awesome, man.

Curious, are you interested in a bit of side work for UI design using Bootstrap, at least a second set of eyes to assist?

-Jonathan

ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 05:04:27 AM

So what's the task queue right now? This is my interpretation:
1. Flags
2. UI improvements
3. Expiration time changes

(BFL)^2 < 0
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 05:11:21 AM

So what's the task queue right now? This is my interpretation:
1. Flags
2. UI improvements
3. Expiration time changes

1. Flags
2. Expiration Time Changes
3. UI

That's the order I'd like to see. Function over form. The idea needs to be tested for a few games before you unleash it with prettier design, and a broader market.

-Jonathan

Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 08:38:54 AM

Dude, this is the perfect opportunity to introduce your friends to the wonderful world of bitcoin! (and also bitponzi!)
It sort of makes me wonder: what are the origins of this "honest ponzi" thing?  I think it's a bitcoin in-joke or something.
edit: Unless anyone else disagrees, the first 1hr massive jackpot on bitponzi will begin tomorrow at 8pm est with an initial jackpot of 6.6BTC!!!

Also, someone better tell me what they meant by sending me 10 satoshis... I really want to know.

A few months ago I was curious about the spreadsheet games that others were playing via google spreadsheet. I got in touch with a friend who I wanted to work on a project with, and we built it. Mostly through Chat/IM. I was the face, architect and my partner was the back end, architect and builder.

It is an in-joke, you are correct. It's a living representation of Bitcoin, as one degree of reality. Transparent? Yep. Pushing boundaries? 0 Confirmation payout? Yep. Jackpots / Snake eating its own tail? Yep.

So, my friend and I are the masterminds of the hosted ponzi model. We built it, and the community contributed quite a bit. It gave us the experiential education we needed to understand how to use, and extend bitcoin into other projects.

The ponzi bot is being built to accommodate any bitponzi API.

Regards,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan. 
That history is really interesting.  I'm also curious as to who came up with the spreadsheet games... they probably date back to spring of this year.

If I'm not mistaken, they started with Second Life many years ago. Before that, HYIP's have been around forever.

However, the real game changer was in having a sandbox where everyone could come together, with a 3rd party managing payouts. We were a generous ring-fence. We collected fees on the server, and we played positions on the basis of building people's game strength from those fees. Snake eating its tail. Our betBot was used to redistribute profits to active rounds. One day it was around 18 Bitcoins.

WiseOldOwl used to do a 1.15% spreadsheet game. They died once bitcoinduit happened though.

ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 12:36:58 PM

Damn, a 24 hour unfixed 9.3btc jackpot game ended after only 8 deposits... what is ponzi coming to!?

(BFL)^2 < 0
Trevor

Activity: 99

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 01:05:20 PM

Ok, I guess I've learnt that it's a bit dumb to start a fixed duration round without seeing if anyones interested in contributing. If a couple of people make small/medium deposits then I'll do the same, that will at least double the jackpot and make it something worth fighting over.  Smiley

Good morning!   Smiley

The first thing I've done after waken up was looked at the result of your game!  Sad, isn't it?  hehe.  Anyway, I still fail to see the point why anybody would snip on a game with a jackpot smaller than the bet ammount.  And I also fail to see why anybody would invest earlier (which is how the jackpot could get larger) in a fixed end game.  Maybe I don't get the point of such a game, but the what happened (nobody playing) is exactly what I would expect.

lol. yep, obviously no one is gonna try when the jackpot is so small. I shoulda made sure people were willing to invest before starting it. You may not see the point, but they can be quite successful. Can't remember the round name, maybe ineededausername will know cuz i think he started it. He made sure there was people willing to get involved on here first, 48 hr fixed i think, and by the end plenty had been paid out and the jackpot was definitely worth going for, if I remember correctly. Oh well, still made more than I lost, but just ended up lookin a bit silly.  Undecided
ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 01:07:24 PM

Good morning!   Smiley

lol. yep, obviously no one is gonna try when the jackpot is so small. I shoulda made sure people were willing to invest before starting it. You may not see the point, but they can be quite successful. Can't remember the round name, maybe ineededausername will know cuz i think he started it. He made sure there was people willing to get involved on here first, 48 hr fixed i think, and by the end plenty had been paid out and the jackpot was definitely worth going for, if I remember correctly. Oh well, still made more than I lost, but just ended up lookin a bit silly.  Undecided

Yeah, here's that round:
http://bitponzi.net/Round_MASSIVE_JACKPOT.aspx
it's not 48 hour fixed though, it's 8 hours.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Trevor

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 01:21:22 PM

Yeah, here's that round:
http://bitponzi.net/Round_MASSIVE_JACKPOT.aspx
it's not 48 hour fixed though, it's 8 hours.

Not that one.. I'm pretty sure it was 48 hours, definitely fixed. I think it was the one where I found the bug, and then the site went down near the end! So maybe not as successful as I thought, but hey ho. Maybe someone else started it then.. no idea what it was called Sad.
Trevor

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 04:47:28 PM

Is anyone elses bitcoin program playing up today?
ineededausername

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 06:49:19 PM

I think I have to postpone the massive jackpot game to 9pm est... hope everyone's ok with that

(BFL)^2 < 0
Trevor

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 07:47:19 PM

I think I have to postpone the massive jackpot game to 9pm est... hope everyone's ok with that

boooooo!!  Sad  I'll try n be there, how's it looking with the pledges?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: