Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:33:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hasher Technologies  (Read 2021 times)
Pentax (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:42:07 PM

Just putting out some info on what I've been able to find on Hasher Technologies, a company that advertises that it is a manufacturer of bitcoin mining hardware

http://www.hashertech.com/

They only take bitcoin.

Their site was, according to the whois info I've been able to find, registered on Jan 22 

http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?k=DDKkjppyTpUJzDZwhQ//t7nRM93tJYx4pP01v6qFV0mD9+qZfv2CiDBtg0d9hBjc&domain=hashertech.com&prog_id=GoDaddy

They indicate a Kansas City, MO base of operations:  "Our main offices are headquartered in Kansas City, MO along with our manufacturing lab and warehouses."

I searched the Missouri Sec State for this corporation "Hasher Technologies" and found nothing.

I inquired via their site for information on products.  When I asked this question on legal incorporation state and legal name of the organization:

"Can you tell me what state Hashertech is incorporated in and under what name?"

I got this: 

"I know the investors or the parent company is in California, I
believe, but Im not 100%.

I have forwarded this to the main office.  I work for a 3rd party
customer service vendor hired by Hasher Technologies in Utah and this
this is better to be escalated to corporate.  Thank you for contacting
Hasher Technologies, someone from the corporate office should reach
out to you soon."

I searched California Sec State also and was unable to find anything.

I did a reverse lookup on the phone number.  http://www.whitepages.com/phone/1-913-725-0945

That shows as a VOIP.

Their twitter account similarly is fairly new.  I was unable to find a physical address for them anywhere on their site.

I asked for a tour, as I travel through KC on business, but haven't  heard anything as yet.  If I do I will post here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MWNinja

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:46:10 PM

It's a scam.
Pentax (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:51:04 PM

It's a scam.

That's what it looks like to me at this point also. 
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:23:18 PM

16th wow, is that a new benchmark?
Pentax (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:03:16 PM

It would be, I think, if it actually existed, which I'm not convinced it does.

Searched for UL certification also, which they claim to have.  Nothing found.

wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:41:38 PM

This kind of gives the scam away ...

"Our first product to be produced was our 1TH Bitcoin Rackmount Miner, which will begin shipping in mid-November, with batches being produced every 2-3 months depending on sales.  We manufacture between 100-200 units per batch and plan on releasing our 4U 2TH/s Miners early 2014."
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:55:29 PM

biggest obvious lie I've seen, though there's this:

256 GH/s Expands to 24.576 TH/s from http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?controller=order

(some say vmc're not a scam)

Pentax (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:45:51 PM

I pulled the IP from the e-mail sent to me by these guys and ran it:

Host name: 209.85.215.54
IP address: 209.85.215.54

the guy told me he was in Utah.

So we have a company that claims to do business in Missouri, but isn't registered there.  Is backed by some group in California, but isn't registered there either.  Does not show up in the UL listings and is corresponding through an agent with a gmail address that claims to be in Utah, but the IP address shows as in South America.

You be the judge.  I would hold onto my bitcoins.......
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:53:06 AM

So we have a company that claims to do business in Missouri, but isn't registered there.  Is backed by some group in California, but isn't registered there either.  Does not show up in the UL listings and is corresponding through an agent with a gmail address that claims to be in Utah, but the IP address shows as in South America.

Sounds very much like to scam.
Thanks for the heads up. Smiley
Pentax (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:15:20 PM

Sounds very much like to scam.
Thanks for the heads up. Smiley

No problem.  Just trying to alert people so they don't get ripped off.  Scams like this hurt the community at large and need to be stamped out ASAP.
JimmyGTO

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:35:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up dude.
HLC99

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:41:29 AM

I sent an email to Hasher Tech (hashertech@gmail.com) asking for an address, as they don't list one on their web site (they do post a picture of their building).
The response I got was this:

d/b/a/ Hasher Technologies
Electronic Lab Division
334 Admiral Blvd.
Kansas City MO 64106

I looked up the address in Google street and in the Jackson county property records.
There is no address of '334 Admiral' in the property records.
The 300 block of Admiral contains a small bar (310 Admiral, which is in the property tax records) and the rest is a parking lot associated with the bar.
Since the address doesn't exist, Google Street gives the 'estimated' address of 334 Admiral as the middle of the parking lot.
I also notice the company building picture posted on the Hasher Tech web site is a capture off of Google Street, displayed at an angle to make it look like the parking lot is part of the larger building across the street.

I believe this is a scam.
ajamesiv

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:51:30 PM

I just got a response from Coinbase directly, where Hashertech.com has their account, and they told me that they are currently investigating the company for fraudulent activity and do not do business with them at this time.

So there you have it.  Shocked
leegraham

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:56:45 AM

scam. learned the hard way. i should have done more research before putting out that much money. thats my fault.  Sad

in reality i don't expect to get my money back, but i am going to document everything i find here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WquN3ZO739ZQvRkm_KkrU2B2zMHiIspo-clZ1Y2xAJI/edit?usp=sharing

i'm also hoping to get some help from vendors they used: Google, Coinbase, GoDaddy and Coindesk.

i'm combing through the forums and google to find whatever information is available on more victims as these a**holes really gives the bitcoin community a bad name
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: