Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:01:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VirtualMiner.eu - Development discussion  (Read 16724 times)
Nachtwind (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 10:24:35 AM

Alright... the mining for Beta users has been restarted about 3minutes ago. Due to a typo in a file it couldnt resume earlier. I will postpone regular starting unteil 12:20 CET - so the Beta users will keep their 1hr exclusive mining.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 12:20:07 PM

Everyone is mining happily again.. game has resumed and even the chat works. Guess primary development is over :0)
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 03:14:53 PM

So everything from here on out is permanent? The chains are staying how they are, and the rigs are staying right? I just don't want to dump real BTC into the game, until I know everything is permanent.
cyberlync

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 03:55:28 PM

The coupon buttons are missing... When select a rig, go to the coupons section, you can select stuff from the dropdown menu, but there is no button next to it, just text saying "Button Here"

Giving away your BTC's? Send 'em here: 1F7XgercyaXeDHiuq31YzrVK5YAhbDkJhf
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 04:08:44 PM

@above, when you go to upgrade a rig, it will say, this will cost 0 BTC, that's the coupon
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 04:39:10 PM

The game can be considered stable now. I won't touch the rigs anymore. Chains will undergo sort of an lifecycles though: if not mined by at least 10% of the total hashing power they can die (not installed yet).

About the coupons: beginning next week you will be able to buy coupons with virtual coins.. But I won't be home to finish that code till Tuesday..
cyberlync

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 04:51:01 PM

The game can be considered stable now. I won't touch the rigs anymore. Chains will undergo sort of an lifecycles though: if not mined by at least 10% of the total hashing power they can die (not installed yet).

About the coupons: beginning next week you will be able to buy coupons with virtual coins.. But I won't be home to finish that code till Tuesday..

Thanks.

Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 04:57:53 PM

Dont deposit any money right now... Just looked at my database and someone managed to withdraw about 7 BTC in total... I have restocked the wallet and disabled withdrawals but cant do much more right now.. hate to figure out what happened while having only my phone with me... but i think i already know what happened.

*edit* Seems like someone managed somehow to withdraw 3.something BTC twice.. this happened at no testing and i am not quite sure how that happened. Since i "earned" about 10 BTC in the testing phase there is no big thing to even that out again, but i need to find out what happened exactly at withdrawal to re-enable it again. If someone wants to pull out his BTC i can understand and would accept it if you'd send me an PM about that. Yet i wont be home before Monday evening so this would have to wait a few days. Still would ask for patience though.
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 06:22:05 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2012, 09:07:52 PM by Nachtwind

The user who was able to withdraw his funds twice sent me the amount back that was missing in the wallet. So everything is ok again, yet i still have disabled the withdrawal - and deposit functions since i havent fixed the bug as of now that resets the amount of money in the user balance. I am on phone only till monday and will it fix then. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 01:07:31 PM

Finally found a PC here to write some stuff.. its really easier than using just DolphinHD and my Desire ,0)

So.. where are we and what happened? Oh, right.. so.. Right after the start one of the users has withdrawn his money from the game (3.3 BTC) and by mistake he was able to withdraw that money twice. That lead to some auto-shutdown of withdrawals for safety reasons (Actual balance went 2 BTC below what should be in the wallet.) I normally keep 2 or 3 BTC more in the wallet than what is needed to pay the balances to every user and since the buffer wasnt filled, to be more precise, even drained a bit the system shut down (Client stopped etc). Therefore deposits and withdrawals werent processed anymore.
I hope you all understand why this happened and how it shows that the game's wallet is basically safe from this POV..

Alright, following these events that user complained to me he wasnt able to withdraw his money a third time and we could reproduce what happened: He didnt notice his money was already sent + the second amount and the third couldnt be sent thanks to safeety shutdown. So he sent the 3.3 BTC from the second payment back to the game's wallet and now were are again in the upper part of the buffer. I have also deposited some BTC to the game in order to keep a buffer of at least 50% of what should be in the wallet at all time - also to increase the safety shutdown to initiate even before the buffer can underrun or be drained. So my system will look like this:
Example:
Wallet should have: 12.9 BTC
Wallet Buffer:            6.5 BTC
Wallet shutdown at: 115% (Should have)
So at every time there should be more in the wallet than what is needed to pay out every user in case of major problems (which seem unlikely).

A few words on safety in general.
I have had in the phase between Christmas and last Saturday several dozen MySQL injection attemps plus a few Brute Force attempts on my Client. None of these attacks did succeed. The only notable thing that happened was that unforseen shutdown on saturday but i know where the problem is and once i am home tonight i will fix it asap and re-enable withdrawals. Should be done by 21:00CET.

So sorry for yet another inconvenience, but i apologize for it and hope you will still keep playing the game!
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 09:45:12 PM

Sorry guys, wont be able to fi the bug tonight.. too tired to work onto such a sensitive thing right now. Will do that as the first thing tomorrow.
cyberlync

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 11:36:42 AM

The exchange is gone?

Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:09:03 PM

The exchange is gone?

Yes... for now... some people managed to get free coins on the exchange. until that is fixed i cannot run it.. currently i am at work so cant look into it anyway, but from what i saw last night it will be something quite hard to fix... we will see that later..
cyberlync

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 12:18:55 PM

Sure thing, thanks for staying honest with us, even tho there has been a few problems along the way, I really like the fact that you are honest with us, makes it much easier to cope with the downtime.

Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 09:10:16 PM

Sure thing, thanks for staying honest with us, even tho there has been a few problems along the way, I really like the fact that you are honest with us, makes it much easier to cope with the downtime.
Yeah, I like that a lot too. Great job, Nachtwind!

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 12:10:19 PM

ALright, sorry for the delay.. but currently i am under some stress at university and job.. cant really find the time to fix those bugs.
I currently make a copy of the game for myself to fix it in the times i dont really have to attend stuff.. hope i can fix it soon.
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 01:22:05 AM

Ok... need someone to tell me what exactly went wrong.. i really cant reproduce the bugs at the exchange.. So, if you know how to duplicate the coins, just PM me please.
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 05:52:59 AM

Joined, deposited a tenth of a Bitcoin. What exactly does the "Deposits Pending" section mean? It's not showing anything for me...

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 06:29:38 AM

Update: Deposit came in just fine. Guess the pending section doesn't work, or I misinterpreted its meaning...

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Nachtwind (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 09:30:06 AM

Pending just means that the game has received your coin - yet the transaction wasnt confirmed 4 times.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: