Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:31:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bill Gate against investing into bitcoin?  (Read 3130 times)
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:46:35 PM

I recently read through the comments made by Bill Gate on bitcoin and other related cryptocurrencies (https://www.google.com.gh/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/microsoft-founder-bill-gates-would-bet-against-bitcoin/). From the comments he made, it is obvious that, Bill Gate is against investing into cryptocurrency. Critically appraising and analyzing how helpful bitcoin and other cryptocurrency are and base on the comments Bill Gate made, I don't see the reason why he is against cryptocurrency. Probably he might be having his own reasons of which I am not aware of. Can someone help as to why Bill Gate spoke against bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?

In the media Bill Gate said that, but we do not know behind him, it could be Bill Gate investing in bitcoin. Bitcoin is anonymous and its owner is very secretive.

Cnn and Cnet are websites sharing the most negative side of the bitcoin. Some may be true but I see most of the fake news also sharing these sites only. You may check the news which is dedicated for the crypto news. I see the merkle and coindesk sharing the best news from the crypto marketplace.
If any one see the bill gates first interview about the bitcoin. No one will never say that he is against bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:59:34 PM

Would you believe thesame Bill Gates made this statement on YouTube:
"Nobody Can Stop Bitcoin!" -
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XG9qnSYyXDk

I have few theories why he and some other well known Bitcoin enthusiasts changed their minds all of a sudden. I am not posting them yet until I am above 50% sure.

Yes, I have seen that before. As to why they changed their mood?

1. Maybe they see it as a perceived threat to their stocks investment. Those people pouring cash on their stocks might dump it in favour of crypto that's why they realised that it will have adverse effect on them.

2. They are late and might have been the boat specially last year when bitcoin grows astronomically.

3. Bill Gates might be creating his own crypto using the same technology behind bitcoin, Blockchain.

That's all I can think of that might change their mind and suddenly attacking bitcoin and crypto in general.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
FalconB

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:16:31 PM

I think it is against the crypto currency because it is not regulated and there are a lot of moshaynikov.Ochen lot of start ups that collect money and disappear
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:10:41 PM

Because Bill Gates is the only one who actively collaborates with the CIA! What else can he say?
Techfrog

Activity: 155

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:27:07 PM

I think that he is really invetsing on it, or at least, he has some money on bitcoin invested already, only that he can not say it publicly because he would be shilling bitcoin and trying to attract new investors here, that is the reason for me
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:36:15 PM

It doesn't matter who is against bitcoin. When a lot of people keep showing interest, there will always be a rise in price after every dip. I'm happy Bill Gate couldn't deny the fact that blockchain is a beautiful technology. In good time, the world will understand how extremely important this technology is.
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:41:39 PM

Because Bill saw that bitcoin still have a bright future ahead. He is seeing the great opportunity there and he took it. He's smart guy so he probably saw it. Great then.
DesiHunterrrr

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:50:25 PM

Best horror story made oops by Bill Gates about Bitcoin well because of future in 2020 Bill Gates approve Bitcoin for sure Bill Gate is very smart girl and maybe oh sorry he is not a girl is a smart guy  Roll Eyes
korkor

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:59:26 PM

I recently read through the comments made by Bill Gate on bitcoin and other related cryptocurrencies (https://www.google.com.gh/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/microsoft-founder-bill-gates-would-bet-against-bitcoin/). From the comments he made, it is obvious that, Bill Gate is against investing into cryptocurrency. Critically appraising and analyzing how helpful bitcoin and other cryptocurrency are and base on the comments Bill Gate made, I don't see the reason why he is against cryptocurrency. Probably he might be having his own reasons of which I am not aware of. Can someone help as to why Bill Gate spoke against bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?
Well, most people who are against investing in bitcoin do not understand or have little or no knowledge about cryptocurrency or bitcoin to be specific. Change is also one thing most old folks have difficulty accepting if it doesn't look similar to what they are used to.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:10:03 PM

Only bill gates can answer your question why he is until against investing in bitcoin or in crypto in opinion i think he want to stand his thoughts. But i remember since start herein community my inspiration are the thought of bill gates he said nobody can stop bitcoin. Hope he turn back again his thought about bitcoin are hope of everyone to get better life in the future.

Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:35:32 PM

I think bill gates have the same reason with warren buffets, their reason is that bitcoin only manipulation, and bubbles.

Bill Gates says that blockchain is a stupid theory and can make our assets die.

if we see, that youth dominate the crypto market.
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:07:48 PM

bill gates say that the anonymous nature of blockchain technology owned by crypto as a base system that can have a bad effect. he says that bitcoin sometimes a facility for criminality. he also said that investing in ICO is a bad idea, very speculative and can pose a big risk.

but you have look at the Charles Hayter statement as CEO of Cryptocompare, he says that bill gates tell the truth, crypto always gets access in the black market, but the bad trend will be overcome with crypto regulation in the digital business. Hayter also said that the dollar also has the same risk with the digital currency.

jetjet

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:25:03 PM

Volatility and decentralization is I think the main reason why bill gates and other people hesitant to accept bitcoin in their life. We know for the fact that price moves from nowhere as we observe it was due to supply and demand law but still can't pinpoint directly to this law because we don't speak any product here to hold and spent. The coin that we dump to the market are keeps by other by simply buying our dump coin.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:31:53 PM

You have to put your self in Bill's shoes emphatically, in order to understand the mindset of a man who already has all the money and resources in the world.
     From that perspective, maybe Bitcoin could be considered as fools gold to some, due to it's high volatility and decentralization.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:36:01 PM

Bill Gates says that blockchain is a stupid theory and can make our assets die.
I'm not quite sure what your source of information is, but it's wrong, very much so. Bill Gates actively expressed his interest in the blockchain itself, which could change certain aspects of the world economy for the better

It's Bitcoin that he doesn't seem to be a fan of, or at least not anymore. There was a video circulating in which he was mildly praising Bitcoin for what it brought to the world, but somehow he changed his opinion.

Maybe that Warren Buffett has got to his mind, but it's quite interesting actually. What in the world could make him change his view on something so dramatically? It's not that you can bribe him, he'll just laugh his ass off.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
nazarovv

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:14:29 AM

The volatility of the bitcoin is probably the reason. Much like warred buffet, they are not willing to risk their money to something that is not stable yet. They are really careful where they put their money that's why they have so much now.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:30:21 AM

If I had to choose an advice from Bill gates and Warren Buffet, I will choose it from the former. Even if it is an investment advice, I will trust Bill Gates only as he has so much experience of the tech. He has spoken in favor of blockchain also which is a good. He is mainly concerned regarding the anonymous nature of bitcoins which is indeed a valid concern. A person like him will evaluate an investment from all angles like future legal problems.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:35:39 AM

I think it's mainly due to stability since in 2017 we saw such a huge gain in price of Bitcoins and due to which many people jumped on the bull trying to buy Bitcoins and suddenly it fell to 1/3 Rd of it's highest value and kept going down which caused many people to loose their money in Bitcoins and the over all stability was disrupted , since there are no regulations on bitcoins that means people can usually buy and sell in whatever way they want and sometimes it's self destructive, people when the price was falling encashed and it caused the price to fall down further therefore it caused a huge chaos in everyone's lives who had a lot invested in it , this is essentially something that is hard for people to face and even harder to accept therefore I think that's the reason why he choosed to say bad about bitcoins also it's a personal opinion not that we can really know the reason why he said that.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
jupppo

Activity: 385
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:27:57 PM

Where does such information come from that he does not invest?) In my opinion, almost all the rich and successful people of the world bought the crypto currency and probably already earned it ...
Igromania

Activity: 320

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:02:07 PM

Maybe he specifically said it, so that the price did not rise sharply, but in fact, quietly buys bitcoins at a low price)?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: