Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:47:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what should i mine and how?  (Read 277 times)
gct123 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:44:14 AM

Hello , i have a gaming pc and i used to spend around 3-4 hours using it daily , i want to try using it for mining when i am not around ...
my PC specs  -GTX1080 8GB
                    -intel i7-5930k
                    -16GB corsair ram
                    -samsung evo 840 ssd 250GB x 3
                    -mobo sabertooth x99s
                    -PSU 1200W cooler master
i know some of these specs doesn't matter for mining , just to make sure .
single GPU is earning slow but as long as it's profitable , im in .
i would like to ask for some advice ,  what coin should i mine ( with better profit ) , where & how ...
i am only in crypto world for half years & have lost some money during trading .
Thanks for all reply and advice , appreciate !  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:47:18 AM

You can download nicehash and start mining automagically if you have just one card.

Otherwise you can use your own pool, you can find a few profitable coin that you can mine on http://pool.sexy

BTW This forum is fulfilled with useful information, you should read it and avoid questions like this one
gct123 (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:20:33 AM

thank you very much & i will start learning here  Wink
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:57:11 PM

Hello , i have a gaming pc and i used to spend around 3-4 hours using it daily , i want to try using it for mining when i am not around ...

It's possible to mine part time, but don't expect huge profits.

-GTX1080 8GB

With your GPU, you might want to try mining Equihash or Lyra2v2 coins.

i know some of these specs doesn't matter for mining , just to make sure .

Exactly. It probably makes no sense to mine using your CPU. Use your GPU.

single GPU is earning slow but as long as it's profitable , im in .

No, you won't earn much. It also depends on the price of electricity you would have to pay in your country.

i would like to ask for some advice ,  what coin should i mine ( with better profit ) , where & how ...

Go to http://whattomine.com/ and enter your graphic card. It will give you some ideas what coins to mine and go from there.
In general, you would have to (i) install the right software for the chosen algo and (ii) join a pool.

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:15:07 PM

Nicehash does have somewhat substantial fees (which is a tradeoff of using one-button mining software), so it may be wise to simply go on Whattomine or another mining calculator and pick a coin that is stable and also profitable if you want to cut down on fees a bit. Most pools have at least basic instructions on how to mine on their pool, so if you’re unsure how to actually mine, find a pool that mines your desired coin and find a ‘help’ tab or something of the sort.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:55:13 PM

Nicehash does have somewhat substantial fees (which is a tradeoff of using one-button mining software), so it may be wise to simply go on Whattomine
Yes, and another thing: with Nacehash and his GPU, it would take something like eternity to cross the payout threshold, which is pretty hefty (if they haven't reduced it in the meantime). So yes, Whattomine is a way to go.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:22:59 PM

that's a good spec.
if you know how to switch coins manually it's better but if not know can do automatically switch coins such as using Nicehash.
I'm not talking about profits or not because I've read you have 3-4 hours, so you can count yourself after doing the mining. I assume you have the formula to calculate whether the profit or not.

treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:21:59 PM

i would suggest some equihash or x16r or x16j coin...its good for nvidia...
for everything else just do some research here in the forum

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:29:59 PM

The gravy train for equihash is about to end for GPU. Bitmain's Z9 miner already starting to ship. I'm sure Bitmain also has their own Z9 farms ready to be switched online, using the recent "shipments" as cover fo the increased hash rate.
treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:33:52 PM

The gravy train for equihash is about to end for GPU. Bitmain's Z9 miner already starting to ship. I'm sure Bitmain also has their own Z9 farms ready to be switched online, using the recent "shipments" as cover fo the increased hash rate.

yeah sorry...im amd miner so i dont follow equihash stuff Grin
wasnt some coins supposed to fork anti asic?

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:54:30 PM

I'm not quite sure if any are forking immediately. It appears ZEC stand is they are going to make researching ASIC resistance a priority, whatever that means.
treanski

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:58:46 PM

I'm not quite sure if any are forking immediately. It appears ZEC stand is they are going to make researching ASIC resistance a priority, whatever that means.

for me it means it will take alot of time Grin fucking asics everywhere...pain in the ass for crypto

vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:57:29 AM

I have a CPU mining thread that can get you started and help you understand what's it all about.

Another good resources is this CPU & GPU mining thread that will help you decide on what software to use to mine with your GPU also.

If you're looking for profitability, you can also check out this website: https://whattomine.com/
dogandogru

Activity: 481
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:38:31 PM

I think the best or profitable coins to mine will be Monero and Litecoin. But you cannot expect to earn many profits by mining with your pc. The price of electricity in your area if also major factor that will affect your profits. You can also read on internet about some of the coins which are profitable to mine for beginners and read about the required softwares too.
ay-x

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:28:41 PM

I can recommend the NiceHash program.
I did a trial on an empty PC standing at home for me to try
PC features like this
i7 7700 HQ
With GTX 1050
A few new emerging coini exports for a month. The average daily income was around $ 1.
By doing some research in the forum, you will be able to excavate coins that are new to you and safe for your project.
Bjewel

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:35:17 PM

I can recommend the NiceHash program.
I did a trial on an empty PC standing at home for me to try
PC features like this
i7 7700 HQ
With GTX 1050
A few new emerging coini exports for a month. The average daily income was around $ 1.
By doing some research in the forum, you will be able to excavate coins that are new to you and safe for your project.

Can you share your process for researching the forum for new coins?  I am specifically looking for SHA256 and SCRYPT coins to mine.  Is there a specific section you keep your eye on? 

Thank you in advance.
Blijjard

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:57:28 PM

for me it means it will take alot of time Grin fucking asics everywhere...pain in the ass for crypto
[/qIs ASIC guaranteed to continue profit in the future?
ASIC prices are also high. and coins are mined limiteduote]

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: