Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:15:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why there is difference?  (Read 2583 times)
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:20:58 AM

Thanks Smiley

Cant share much about ED visit as of now.
I am planning to contribute more on forums for the time-being, and yep blogging too.

Regards

Its okay we do understand seriousness of issue. Forgive him for asking silly question. We look forward to your contribution for 'time-being'.

I beg to disagree with u. Sathvik Vishwanath's issue was no less serious than Mahin Gupta's. Its good if Mahin at least share his blog URL.

p.s.1: Look this time I have spelled correctly

p.s.2: No, he's NOT Nick Szabo (Yes this is the correct spelling).

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 11:30:55 AM

Thanks Smiley

I am planning to contribute more on forums for the time-being, and yep blogging too.

Regards

Its okay we do understand seriousness of issue. Forgive him for asking silly question. We look forward to your contribution for 'time-being'.

I beg to disagree with u. Sathvik Vishwanath's issue was no less serious than Mahin Gupta's.

Hmmmm.. How would you know?
During the course of an investigation, anyone involved can be asked by law to talk to absolutely no one about the proceedings of the case.

Maybe this is what has happened in Mahin's case.

subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:38:56 AM

Thanks Smiley

Regards

I beg to disagree with u. Sathvik Vishwanath's issue was no less serious than Mahin Gupta's.

During the course of an investigation, anyone involved can be asked by law to talk to absolutely no one about the proceedings of the case.

+1
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:52:13 AM

Thanks Smiley

Regards

Yes i do not myself agree if you say my case was as serious as Mahin's based upon the info i have regarding Mahin's case. Even though the visit looked very serious when they started investigation in my office, it finally turned to be a chat where i was answering some general questions about bitcoin and explaining them about technology. Next day visit to their office was also to answer their generic questions on bitcoin but the most important question has been how to identify people who have bitcoin and how to identify miners.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:49:02 PM

Thanks Smiley

Regards

OUCH !!! So there has been a case registered against Mahin Gupta ? I mean, what is the offence ? Did he accept cash ?

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 01:54:46 PM

Thanks Smiley

Regards

OUCH !!! So there has been a case registered against Mahin Gupta ? I mean, what is the offence ? Did he accept cash ?

A case does not need to be registered in order for a do not discuss order to be passed.

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 01:54:51 PM

Smiley

No case registered, No charge sheet and nothing horrible as such. It was search conducted on our office premises, but as investigations are still going on it is good for me if I do not comment on it. ED is very different from IRS Smiley

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 01:56:25 PM

Smiley

No case registered, No charge sheet and nothing horrible as such. It was search conducted on our office premises, but as investigations are still going on it is good for me if I do not comment on it. ED is very different from IRS Smiley

Regards

The IRS sent the ED even in dashingriddlers case or was it the other way around?, but from what i gather, the circumstances and outcomes were different in both cases.

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 01:58:02 PM

None of them are related. Both are different agencies and may have different mandates.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:23:42 PM

Smiley

Regards

The IRS sent the ED even in dashingriddlers case or was it the other way around?, but from what i gather, the circumstances and outcomes were different in both cases.
The IRS who visited themselves said they were here based on an order/request from ED.
I am not sure if circumstances are different (i think it would be similar) but outcomes were for sure different.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████