Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:01:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Time For Theymos To Kill The Alt Section  (Read 17556 times)
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:46:02 PM

I really like the altcoin subforum.  Having this subform with experienced bitcoin users means at least someone is around to call bullshit on totally bogus alts.  I think there is a lot to be said for having a good crypto community.

I hope Theymos does not destroy the altcoin forum, but his forum, his rules.

That's true I normally look at the comments because I'm not to go with defining what is a good alt coin and what isn't.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
itsallpc

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:00:27 AM

Instead of nuking the alt coin forums why not make it a pay area..

New coins and products have to  pay 0.05 - 0.5 bitcoin to use the area and if they do not moderate their own sub forums they are out and lose their investment of 0.05 / 0.5 bitcoin...

Win win situation and users win

itsallpc

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:01:36 AM

BCX is kind of an ass, but he may be right. Bitcointalk doesn't want us here, why do we want to stay so badly?

I agree someone make an altcoin forum we all move and bitcointalk loses a load of advertising or future advertising revenue as long as i can make money off of alt coins and the forum is busy i do not care where i go ...
lasciv

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:08:52 AM

Instead of nuking the alt coin forums why not make it a pay area..

New coins and products have to  pay 0.05 - 0.5 bitcoin to use the area and if they do not moderate their own sub forums they are out and lose their investment of 0.05 / 0.5 bitcoin...

Win win situation and users win

I don't think they need the money..
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:24:35 AM

The altcoin section is a little crowded at least a forum focused on alt coin only would have more sub forums than a Bitcoin forum.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
brother3

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:13:58 AM

It's time for Theymos to kill the bitcoin sections and focus on the real money earner, the alt forums.

Grin
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:21:03 AM

Good news, I hear this is being considered.

Hang in there guys and you might not have to put up with Bitcointalk's bullshit rules much longer!

~BCX~

If Theymos is "considering" this , I'm giving the alt section one more week.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:01:27 AM

What coin is getting that level of mass marketing?  That would cost so much money.  Why can't you just say it, bitbets?  I haven't heard of any coin with that kind of clout, not even dogecoin.

One thing I noticed recently, is the mass-spam of a coin here at the forums,
and amazingly, people seem to be supporting it and buying it.
Defied my logic and reasoning, and many other peoples too I think
it seems to be a corporate internet company with perhaps at least 100 staff that released that coin.
I cannot imagine how else it might have done what it has done otherwise.
I imagine a telemarketing office with over 100 dialers, except these people
are all on computers, and then there are programmers who pre-program everything
for the 'telemarketers', and they just sit there and the screen changes and up pops
some topic that they have to post in, within a certain amount of time,
and then they click the post button, but the program at this 'call centre' delay the output,
and randomize the timing of the postings, so that the posts come out randomly and throughout the day and
night, and these telemarketers do that for 8 hour shifts posting whatever pops onto their screen,
as the programmers have set up for them. I know, I used to work at a telemarketing office that was kind
of like that.
I think this internet company also has graphics people who work fulltime on pics for the coin,
and programmers and cleaning staff etc....

And they can just pump out the spam, 24/7 like that, and its all in a days work.
There isn't any way that other coins without the 100 person telemarketing office might ever compete with that kind of marketing. And the level of preparation and timing, indicates an organized company doing it.
Not only that, but I see they use subtlety and guile pretending to be something other than a coin, almost
like chinese people who pretend they don't know how to speak english when you tell them they owe you more money for the coffee they just bought off of you.

Anyways, I think that it may be upsetting some people that this coin, also has been trading millions of dollars in coins every day, and has a marketing campaign perhaps larger than bitcoin. In addition, I am thinking they have the techies working for them, to create every possible type of tech site that they want, in order to continue to mass spam.

you know the coin I am talking about. notice i didn't mention the name.

I think the original poster is actually most upset with that one coin. just ask him if I am telling the truth.

Now wtf ? Are you going to allow this to continue or what?

Its not fair to punish all the altcoins because of the mass spamming of only one coin.
Therefore, do something about that one offending coin, and leave the rest be.

I don't know everything  Smiley

[/quote]

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Prolifik

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:06:32 AM

Altcoins are getting out of control.

Seriously. Fucking coins everywhere. EVERYWHERE!

Flunder707

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:14:01 AM

Don't buy or mine them then or visit the alt coin forum section and stop complaining.
sacskate

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:28:20 AM

I deal with mostly altcoins as well. While I am not overly enthused with the amount of scamcoins being released, I am excited to see how this all plays out. This is the evolution of crypto. Survival of the fittest only works if there are weak ones that do not survive. I do agree though that alt coins need to change forums. BTC should still have a section, a forum about all cryptos. This place has always bashed altcoins and most likely always will. Because of this the altcoin section does not get much attention from the mods and it's just left to run wild. With a forum more enthusiastic about alts I think we would have better moderation, less scams. Just to say though, to say they don't care about ad money is either wrong or stupid. Even a millionaire wants to make more cash. Even someone who believes in something still wants to make cash. Fiat is still king, even if we don't want it to be.  
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:29:34 AM

Altcoins are getting out of control.

Seriously. Fucking coins everywhere. EVERYWHERE!

Last year I said 300 within 12 months and 3,000 the year after.

This is only getting started.  And soon, high budget personalized and brand coins.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vivisector999

Activity: 541

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:32:17 AM

There are already a few that are made and ready to go to.  People just have to decide where they want to meet.

The few I suggested:

http://cryptocointalk.com : which already has complete sections made for I believe every alt coin ever created.  And they do an awesome job staying on top of the new ones.

http://www.digitalcurrencytalk.com  :  Which is pretty much dead now, but who know, time for renewed interest?

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?board=68.0    Or a closer based forum than BCT, tied to Litecoin instead of Bitcoin, that being the mostly unused Alt Coin subforum of the Litecoin forums.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
sibilant_doge

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:57:05 AM

Mr. Theymos, please don't kill the alt coin section. This forum, and these alt coins are my primary source of entertainment. As I am Mac mining (with my mighty 75kHash/s) I am not ever going to see more profit than I pay in electricity. But, I do enjoy messing around and learning about the intricacies of these coins. They serve as a necessary proving ground for numerous variables involved in crypto currency, such as block times, psychological effect of naming, marketing effects based on the extremes of massive and tiny number of coins.
  I am sad to see the giveaways go bye-bye, but I'll muddle through and it isn't a deal-breaker for me, it just changes the dynamics of the thread structure. As is true of my namesake, I would not even be involved in the crypto currency world, were it not for a now well known alternate currency called doge. And, I believe these alternate cryptos serve a necessary purpose in the development of the future, if only to try new things, and to draw attention. Thank you, Sibilant_doge
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:36:25 AM

Rather than deal with all the bullshit and spam this forum brings to this site, he needs to kill it.

You guys just don't seem to get it.

The Bitcoin guys here, The Donator Members and the people that run this place WANT Alt Coins to form their own board.

There is zero, actually less than zero desire for this to be a source of info for alt coins.

Contrary to popular belief, this sub-forum adds no value,

The traffic is garbage and to makes things even worse, look at the huge unappreciative response concerning the "Give Away" ban.

Put this place out of its misery.

~BCX~

It is a good thing you have no say in this matter!
jrretirement

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:40:41 AM

Mr. Theymos, please don't kill the alt coin section. This forum, and these alt coins are my primary source of entertainment. As I am Mac mining (with my mighty 75kHash/s) I am not ever going to see more profit than I pay in electricity. But, I do enjoy messing around and learning about the intricacies of these coins. They serve as a necessary proving ground for numerous variables involved in crypto currency, such as block times, psychological effect of naming, marketing effects based on the extremes of massive and tiny number of coins.
  I am sad to see the giveaways go bye-bye, but I'll muddle through and it isn't a deal-breaker for me, it just changes the dynamics of the thread structure. As is true of my namesake, I would not even be involved in the crypto currency world, were it not for a now well known alternate currency called doge. And, I believe these alternate cryptos serve a necessary purpose in the development of the future, if only to try new things, and to draw attention. Thank you, Sibilant_doge

Rather than deal with all the bullshit and spam this forum brings to this site, he needs to kill it.

You guys just don't seem to get it.

The Bitcoin guys here, The Donator Members and the people that run this place WANT Alt Coins to form their own board.

There is zero, actually less than zero desire for this to be a source of info for alt coins.

Contrary to popular belief, this sub-forum adds no value,

The traffic is garbage and to makes things even worse, look at the huge unappreciative response concerning the "Give Away" ban.

Put this place out of its misery.

~BCX~

Why do you give a shit about the alts section? For a long time I just bothered with btc so never even look in here. So why do you now want to kill this off? There must be a reason.
bitcerto

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:43:57 AM

I'm new here, but I agree that alt coins should have their own forum. Someone should jump on it! I come here to talk and deal with BTC. I don't like seeing posts about every other coin that's created (I think an exception should be made for LTC, though). I have other sources of info for individual coins. This forum being one for BTC!

My noob perspective.
lasciv

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:03:34 AM

Why did you make the thread in Altcoins in the first place if you were gonna move it to Meta 'for a broader exposure'. Broader exposure to VIP and Hero members? So that you can convince those who had doubts about it?

I will put this thread here for those who are interested.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437647.0

I have to admit it, well played BCX.
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:06:45 AM

Could someone official please make a statement on this?

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 06:18:32 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 01:31:00 PM by LaudaM

I'm pretty sure if we ran a poll among the seniors that this would get passed instantly.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: