Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:24:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Time For Theymos To Kill The Alt Section  (Read 17558 times)
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:20:43 AM

While this thread has been immensely entertaining,

I will put this thread here for those who are interested.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437647.0
This thread was more informative.  and coherent.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:57:51 AM

We need to set a standard for creating coins.
At the very least you need to be on the forums for a year,before you can announce a new coin.

The creator of 84 coin had his account registered in January 07, 2014, 07:48:43 AM.

I would also like this website to require at least a single innovative feature,before you can announce it as well.

I'm sick of these clones of clones.

There are some innovative coins such as Prime coin,but almost every other coin is a get rich scheme that's killing everyone, including the good alt coins.

lmao if you had to be here for 1 year before announcing a coin near 0 of the altcoins would exist

8 months ago when I started on this forum there were only a handful of altcoins 8 months later there is nearly 500 95% are made by people with accounts less than 30 days old

Singlebyte

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:06:03 AM

I agree with BitcoinExpress.  Alt currencies are growing and it is time for them to spread their wings on some other venue.  Just like LTC now has its own forums, alt currencies will also find new homes.  BitcoinTalk needs to get back to its grass roots of building and improving the network/protocol and not be lost in a cloud of "alt coin" fog.
achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:06:57 AM

This Alt Sub Forum has out lived its usefulness and needs to go.

Just look at the seriously unappreciative threads trashing Theymos and BCT for banning "Give Away" threads.

Hint:They want Alt coin people to go elsewhere!

It's time for Theymos to give them the nudge out the door by shutting down this section.

~BCX~

you have a point - I'm pretty annoyed with the major scam coins. It's pretty bad for newbs
CryptoReaper

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:38:34 AM

I do agree that altcoins need to diverge into their own forums and communities, and develop their own independence. While this sub-forum has been entertaining, I can't say it has produced or advertised any innovative or useful cryptocurrencies.
mr.n00blar

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:58:02 AM

I suppose they might do better without being dragged down by the way this forum organizes / displays / treats altcoins. This forum sure would be much worse off (sharp decrease in traffic, revenue etc.) as it is clear people want access to many altcoins in one area. I would say yes, let this forum go by the wayside to make a dedicated popular forum that can support altcoins.
B737

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:52:15 AM

Mr. Theymos, please don't kill the alt coin section. This forum, and these alt coins are my primary source of entertainment. As I am Mac mining (with my mighty 75kHash/s) I am not ever going to see more profit than I pay in electricity. But, I do enjoy messing around and learning about the intricacies of these coins. They serve as a necessary proving ground for numerous variables involved in crypto currency, such as block times, psychological effect of naming, marketing effects based on the extremes of massive and tiny number of coins.
  I am sad to see the giveaways go bye-bye, but I'll muddle through and it isn't a deal-breaker for me, it just changes the dynamics of the thread structure. As is true of my namesake, I would not even be involved in the crypto currency world, were it not for a now well known alternate currency called doge. And, I believe these alternate cryptos serve a necessary purpose in the development of the future, if only to try new things, and to draw attention. Thank you, Sibilant_doge

Rather than deal with all the bullshit and spam this forum brings to this site, he needs to kill it.

You guys just don't seem to get it.

The Bitcoin guys here, The Donator Members and the people that run this place WANT Alt Coins to form their own board.

There is zero, actually less than zero desire for this to be a source of info for alt coins.

Contrary to popular belief, this sub-forum adds no value,

The traffic is garbage and to makes things even worse, look at the huge unappreciative response concerning the "Give Away" ban.

Put this place out of its misery.

~BCX~

The tone you are setting is absolutely entertaining.

You mad bro for missing the altcoin profits?
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:15:09 AM

Maybe if the forums were upgraded so we could all vote on a threads quality, then all the scamcoin clones offering nothing new would get down voted and so this would behave as a filter through all the crap.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:22:15 AM

Maybe if the forums were upgraded so we could all vote on a threads quality, then all the scamcoin clones offering nothing new would get down voted and so this would behave as a filter through all the crap.
What so a select few can get to decide? If that was the case the only fucken coins that would be here right now would be doge and maybe conye or a few others.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
ohya?

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:56:24 AM

so many fucking cry babies in here.. get over it fucking goofs
you all want a tampon also?

bitcoinxpresss take a long pole and shove it up your ass you kiddy botnet fuck
artiface

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:08:20 PM

This site is BITCOIN TALK 

And though I read the alt-coin forum here, I would not mind at all if it was closed.  So much crap and scam coins abounds. 

Any serious alt-coin already has their own hosted forum anyway. 
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 01:32:12 PM

What so a select few can get to decide? If that was the case the only fucken coins that would be here right now would be doge and maybe conye or a few others.
I'd also agree on that. Not a select few but quite a bunch of senior members, VIPs and so on.
If an individual that comes here, there is too much 'crap' to go through before finding some useful information.

Do you want people with 2 posts and barely any knowledge to vote on the future of this forum?
example comment on a premined coin:
I like this coin it is fun
Yes, this kind of people should decide.  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Tonka Branded Truck

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:31:52 PM

Why not asked a fee, for example 1btc  for every alt coin released that could be used to pay the server space being wasted and to pay the mods moderating the section.

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:41:49 PM

Why not asked a fee, for example 1btc  for every alt coin released that could be used to pay the server space being wasted and to pay the mods moderating the section.

That'll never happen. They might offer you some of their premine though lol
Piesel

Activity: 672
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:44:17 PM

You do relaize that big part of BTC buying is from people that want to invest in altcoins rigt?
tng811

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:50:08 PM

You do relaize that big part of BTC buying is from people that want to invest in altcoins rigt?
It's absolutely what I want to say, the OP is a senior with a childish mind  Cheesy

Gcr0n

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:55:04 PM

This Alt Sub Forum has out lived its usefulness and needs to go.

Just look at the seriously unappreciative threads trashing Theymos and BCT for banning "Give Away" threads.

Hint:They want Alt coin people to go elsewhere!

It's time for Theymos to give them the nudge out the door by shutting down this section.

~BCX~

can't keep myself from responding here, i am one of those alt-coin forum users, yes i occasionally ask for a donation of some kind.
yes i can say stupid things,
i keep away from the btc threads, why? i have no business here.. beggars for btc will come even if there's no alt-forum. every btc blog or whatever is flooded with people posting refferals.

if you are a hardcore btc dev daddy you're saying you want to be a btc-parent as long as your alt-btc-kid-offspring with a brighter future go play somewhere else. yes daddy, but remember if we go we take btc with us..

btc: 1MDQVRQLZe1Y6Vqa5krreHVkFj6fz8sXGd
xapo: 3NpqxQgQXe3HDW6BZNXn3XDvhWh7r3eyi2
LTC: LWs7EK5A8oQBMiGagJsgwgAA5o3ecWkTmY
Doge: D72wxwxjHJun6CiyibcvfZNV2HN7TFpCF3
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:00:19 PM

I think alts are silly, but it's your right to be silly. Maybe the recent posts could exclude posts made in the alt-coin section? It does junk up the forums to sift through pages of really stupid alt-coin announcements. Why not require users to go to that section if they want to read more? I know I don't.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:33:26 PM

I think the current situation is more or less acceptable as it is now:

Altcoins are collected inside one subforum (which not all alt proponents like -- but hey, deal with it), but alts *are* part of the crypto ecosystem and they're here to stay, whether you like it or not, so to me it makes sense they stay on the forum. Bitcoin itself is still the mother of all cryptos, so for the time being, "Bitcoin" being largely synonymous with cryptos in general is okay, in my opinion.

I would however like it if, inside the Altcoin subforum, sub-sub-forums for specific alts could be created. I would place some (rather strict) requirements on the creating of a new sub-sub-forum, like "alt must have market cap of at least X, must have 30 day trading volume of at least Y [plus some other criteria to rule out scam coins]".

I would set the above parameters such that, right now, only LTC would qualify for its own sub-sub-forum -- since it's being pretty much uncontested the only other "real" alternative crypto right now, when looking at market cap, trading volume and network computing power (i.e. not "potential" as a cryptocurrency, but actual volume and importance)

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 06:14:21 PM

It's absolutely what I want to say, the OP is a senior with a childish mind  Cheesy
Yeah because the seniors have almost no knowledge compared to the newcomers..
We don't have to ban all altcoins from here, but regulate them on the forum as this is the bitcoin forum.
I hate seeing random scamcoins appearing everyday.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: