Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:53:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SC is dead??? 0,0025$ per SC on btc-e.com  (Read 3821 times)
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:51:12 PM

@ johnj - now that was one hell of a touché  Grin

...several of the idiots running rampant around the forums here.

I'm waging a little war..

So, are you part the "toxic community" you were referring to?

Hey guy, I get it.  Everyone went nuts on CH for being a douche last week.  No one cares anymore - everyone has already calmed down. So now it's your turn.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 09:46:30 PM

@ johnj - now that was one hell of a touché  Grin

Not sure how you think that, I have never professed nor do I want to be a leader around here.  I am no longer capable in being unbiased with several of the idiots running rampant around the forums here.

That I can relate to, though I suggest you take everything (including posted by me) somewhat more lightheartedly.

I'm waging a little war of principle simply, the community should not be going around praising mallicious attacks on live systems, this is not how real business operates...

At this point, I feel like asking for a compensation (100 GeistGeld would do) for the discomfort inflicted via making me shoot carbonated water (which I was drinking) through my nose.

I take it you never heard of, oh I dunno, the Fabulous Sony Rootkit ? Smiley
I know in the company I work for if we attacked our customers live systems they wouldn't do business with us anymore.

Well, good to know that, though technically, it is somewhat hard to draw a direct parallel due to apparent lack of customers in case of parties carrying out the acts in question.

Secondly, who was the "queen bee" that said thou shalt only have bitcoin and no others, that is narrow minded and incredulous. 

I made no such claim, though I do understand that other parties have, and might even believe that strange idea.
Bitcoin could learn a lot more by having several functioning live systems which are testing different operating parameters and economic models than allowing them to be attacked into the ground.

Well, that's the reason why I created GG (that, and the dream of running my very own "quasi-pseudo-kindasorta money laundering setup" on the internet), though I don't believe one could seriously hope to take the "attacks" out of the equation.

Consider this - attack on GeistGeld has granted the community a straightforward way to trump various "timetraveller invasions" before a more dramatic application of "timetravell" has emerged. In the end, a net gain has resulted.

And lastly the unfounded attacks on people that are actually out there "doing" something productive with their time.

If you want people to attack Geist Geld day in and day out, fine whatever, go get your jollies off on it, I don't care, just warn your users that your coin is an attackers play toy so they can take precautions if they want to take part.

Um,  do you honestly think that I could discourage the attacks by making a condemnatory statement, or  my immense force of will ? Smiley

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
joe82

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 10:00:26 PM

trolling troliing trolling

at that time moonco.in woke up and sc/btc went down to 0,007 (40%)
and this is just a  beginning....
joe82

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 10:33:27 PM

0,0063  moonco.in
0,0052 btc-e.com

it's going down to 0,0001 like I0coin

GG and RIP
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 10:53:44 PM

If you look at my non-enraged posts you will see I am generally a supporter of the altcoins and think they all make some (no matter how little) contribution to the community.  I DON'T think Bitcoin will be the top of the totem pole in the long run, bit I DO believe it has a long life (if this community gets less bored teenager and the leadership starts acting like leadership).
Well there is a thesis against your scenario... It could be possible that since every other crypto-concurrency is initially (lets say now to wider adaptation or failure)  valuated in bitcoin they would eventually continuously go down in value until everybody abandons it.
The reason being that bitcoin as the most mature chain has always the advantage....

That actually became somewhat a meme in cyberculture, hence the first and the last.... before bitcoin existed.
You might say we only have one internet, this might be a weak comparison but still valid, TCP/IP v4 was created and will continue to exist under ipv6. Exactly the same thing might happen with bitcoin.
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 11:07:58 PM

My point 1 and very few seem to get it - The "Net Gain" could have been made without attacking a LIVE operational network.

Yes, it would be nice if floks just made pull requests with patches.

It would be also nice if Annie Cruz was in love with me.

Sometimes, life just gives you, well, lemons. And you have to figure out how to burn a house down with lemons Smiley

Thanking them is not a positive thing

I happen to be part of a culture  with very strong propensity for reciprocity and thus tend to thank people when they help. Simples-s! *sqeek!*

notably Gavin who IS the (?figure?) head of the bitcoin system

Um, no, Gavin is not the Bitcoin Queen Bee (Queen Bit?).

He's an awesome developer and a well-mannered person, but he isn't in "charge" of the "community" found within bitcointalk (Or did I just miss the Queen Bit election, folks ?!)

I have been no different with any *coin system yet created, worst thing I did was make a joke when I0Coin came out (see "RRCoin") and there I was mocking the same trollers who are making the same statements against your coin.  My questioning of your coin was in the spirit of "Eat where you sh** much" seeing as you have been verbally abusing other alt coins and supporting the BS of the day.

I only picked on Coinhunter, and even that after he made hilarious claims of "improved security" (Of which he had, and still has, none.), and even then I started quite polite and did my best to remain so until he went fully loco.

I wish your coin the best of luck

Thanks

I won't partake, just as I don't partake in the I*Coin or Namecoin.

Sad

If you look at my non-enraged posts you will see I am generally a supporter of the altcoins and think they all make some (no matter how little) contribution to the community.  I DON'T think Bitcoin will be the top of the totem pole in the long run, bit I DO believe it has a long life (if this community gets less bored teenager and the leadership starts acting like leadership).

I think you should just take it easier.

Alt coins aren't yet as much srs business as Bitcoin, so it would be best if people treated them more lightheartedly.

I wonder why you don't partake in namecoin, it's by far the most innovative

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
grndzero

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 11:30:41 PM

Quote from: Realsolid
Info about how the 51% issue will be solved will be released once we have a working testnet client. This issue of 51% attacks is at the core of being able to trust Bitcoin, and it's quite a big issue that needs to be solved. More so for a new crypto currency granted, but Bitcoin being shown vulnerable with recent attacks on the alternate chains will shake a few exchanges I think (like Ruxum already have been).

Still true to form, he still refuses to answer any technical questions in any level of detail. Seems to me to be another desperate move to try to maintain control of the project.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 11:33:23 PM

Info about how the 51% issue will be solved will be released once we have a working testnet client. This issue of 51% attacks is at the core of being able to trust Bitcoin, and it's quite a big issue that needs to be solved. More so for a new crypto currency granted, but Bitcoin being shown vulnerable with recent attacks on the alternate chains will shake a few exchanges I think (like Ruxum already have been).

Still true to form, he still refuses to answer any technical questions in any level of detail. Seems to me to be another desperate move to try to maintain control of the project.

We have to keep in mind he is playing the fence in the open-source world and close-source world.

He wants to straddle the fence where he gets to use open source code yet doesn't want to give any details on his implementations.
grndzero

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 11:34:22 PM

Can any of you explain how is this network really getting shut down and what really happens when it gets restarted.
What if 2+ miners keep the rigs running and people do not download hes "new and improved" client?

The existing network is likely going to be hacked and toyed with , anyone wanting to trust their coins after block 35250 will be basically doing it with a prayer. Smiley

The reason people will download the new client is because it wan't be vulnerable to these hacks inherent in bitcoin.

So the answer is no, he can't explain it.

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 11:35:10 PM

Well, RealSolid is the security expert in all things coin

Feed the Lolcust!
grndzero

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 11:38:08 PM

Well, RealSolid is THE security expert in ALL things coin

FTFY, it was lacking the Coinhunter marketing fluff/pizzazz

Lumpy

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 11:42:19 PM

Sometimes, life just gives you, well, lemons. And you have to figure out how to burn a house down with lemons Smiley

When life gives you lemons, GET MAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ufRnf2Exc
grndzero

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 11:50:14 PM

We have to keep in mind he is playing the fence in the open-source world and close-source world.

He wants to straddle the fence where he gets to use open source code yet doesn't want to give any details on his implementations.

He must really enjoy the sensation he gets from straddling that fence.

Go get 'em Art.

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 07:29:20 AM

BitcoinEXpress, can you release the fix so people can repair the so called "open source" Solidcoin (aka no crappy licence changes from RealSolid) and we can blow off RealSolid and his next fork he is planning.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 09:24:22 PM

It sure sounds like solidcoin supporters having nothing better to do are now sulking in their sorrows over their network and coming to this forum to let loose.
johnj

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 09:24:38 PM

Furthermore you will see that code is in place to crash aged clients on the bitcoin network.

My question - who are the elite few with the private keys to do unknown things in bitcoin and what was their purpose for implementing this in the first place?

Good to see CH's propaganda has seeped into you too Viper.

cue Queens "Another one bites the dust"

From that same quote, you'll see that he thinks he should have implemented it, and given CH's personality disorder I don't doubt he'll abuse it in the future.  Sure, let's trust the guy who, by his own admission, wants to be able to kill SC at any time.

Face it, SC is dead.  Literally.  It's not even online right now.

Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 09:38:28 PM

Wait, what do you mean, not online ? Like, the entire Solidcoin network is literally down ? :0

Feed the Lolcust!
johnj

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 09:45:19 PM

Wait, what do you mean, not online ? Like, the entire Solidcoin network is literally down ? :0

Most of the nodes have quit, and RS said it'd be days/weeks until the new one is released.

Also said that once he gets his own running, he'd only invite a select few to test it out.

And he still hasn't said how he is going to begin the new fork at 35k (if he is going to premine).

Least that's what I gathered from IRC last night.

johnj

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 09:53:07 PM

via community agreement and recommendation

Really?  There was a poll?  A time of discussion?

Way a I read it, CH put a post saying it's coming down just hours before the 'deadline'.  And if you choose to support the other fork in -any- way, you'll be excluded from sollidcoin.info.

"via community agreement and recommendation".  Pffffft, you're hook-line-sinker aren't ya?

johnj

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 09:58:33 PM

Miners *COULD* continue on the original chain, they *OPTED* to go offline until security additions are put in place.

Read: CH pissed off BitX, and pulled the plug on his own chain, giving only hours of notice inorder to save the little credit he had. 

This is what you get when one guy is calling the shots.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: