Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:09:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SC is dead??? 0,0025$ per SC on btc-e.com  (Read 3821 times)
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 10:09:59 PM

c'mon guys. Do we need more FUD?  Tongue

There is 2 "versions" of solidcoin and one additional he his writing now.

correct me if I am wrong but...
#1 Version 1... - one he originally released and then foobared in version 1.04
#2 Version 1.04 has a good brother Smiley . It is a upgraded 1.03 and is identical to 1.04 but without the stupid "license" ReaSolid added to hes version of 1.04. 
So, if this version #2 (Bro Solidcoin) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41345.0  (excluding RealSolid bullshit home made license) gets fixed against the "time travel" etc attacks, we have a working SolidCoin client that uses the currently operating network.

Upcoming fork (1.10?) has a ass load (or not) of unknown hacks and rules to invalidate all the coin generated after the block 35250. If someone has seen the source code, please comment.

SolidCoin will be shutting down the network at block 35250 (currently 35045 at time of statement). The reason for this shutdown is due to the potential for hackers to gain 51% of the mining power and destroy the credibility of SolidCoin and its users investments using known flaws in Bitcoin's protocol.

SolidCoin will be restarting at some point in the future (most likely within 2 weeks) with a new protocol, all coin owners up to block 35250 will still have their coins when SolidCoin restarts. There will be no loss of coins to these owners.

As you all probably all know by now, at this point in time, shutting down the network at block 35250 as failed and people are still mining happily at 35-70 Gh  and do not give a flying fuck what RealSolid/CoinHunter wants or demands. Open up a new exchange at we are back at 300+GH in no time.

If i understand it correctly, original network/chain can not be shut down unless it gets attacked and or everybody downloads the new solidcoin version (not available at the moment)

I'll take the better and more stable client with new cool features any time but ONLY if the code is reviewed by multiple independent programmers and cleaned up from all the hidden and possibly dangerous crap.

Downloading a binary client from RealSolid? ... Thank you, but no!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 10:13:52 PM

So, if this version #2 (Bro Solidcoin) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41345.0  (excluding RealSolid bullshit home made license) gets fixed against the "time travel" etc attacks, we have a working SolidCoin client that uses the currently operating network.

This sounds like the sanest plan.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
grndzero

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 11:30:16 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2011, 11:58:49 PM by grndzero

New poll: Which solidcoin fork do you use?

So now we've gone from making alt chains to who's fork is best? lol

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:18:44 AM

New poll: Which solidcoin fork do you use?

So now we've gone from making alt chains to who's fork is best? lol

Yup. I guess so.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 12:24:34 AM

Miners *COULD* continue on the original chain, they *OPTED* to go offline until security additions are put in place.

Read: CH pissed off BitX, and pulled the plug on his own chain, giving only hours of notice inorder to save the little credit he had. 

This is what you get when one guy is calling the shots.

BitX's own ball sack pisses him off (WHY WON'T THEY DROP?!?!?!)

All I have to say is at least Solidcoin has a leader who is not just a figure head.

What really happened was Coinhunter publicly challenged me and made statements his Solidcoin client 1.10 was bullet proof. Since the only place his client ver 1.10 was up and running was his "hidden" testnet I proceeded to not only 51% fork it, which he said wasn't possible because of his God like coding had fixed it, I also "Time Traveled" it increasing the size of the block chain 5 times in in 19 minutes. In addition, I confirmed over 8000 blocks and successfully merged with the "correct" fork.  This all took less than 30 minutes.

Immediately following said demonstration, Coinhunter with his tail tucked between his legs engages his kill switch and takes down Solidcoin pending a "fix".

Notice we haven't Coinhunter talking shit since.

That's the true story of your "Fearless Leader" Viper LOL

IMHO if coinhunter had a fix for the exploit(s) he would not need 2 weeks. From a pragmatic perspective it should take 3 days tops if he really is telling the truth.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: