Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:41:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Bitcoin Foundation needs Andreas?
Hell yeah!
Nay!
IDK!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Bitcoin Foundation needs Andreas Antonopoulos?  (Read 6729 times)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:03:10 AM

Ech. Thanks for reminding me I need to request to have my membership revoked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:17:23 AM

How do candidates get "put forward" for a place on the foundation?

I had same question going in mind about our respected Bitcoin Foundation that decides what to update or not. Or better say gives us option to update between orange candy and mango candy by hiding strawberry candy.

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
2bfree

Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 02:29:35 PM

You know what the problem with Andreas is to most people? I'll tell you he likes liberty and truth and most people don't want liberty or truth, they want you to tone it down watch what you say compromise, regulate and get along and keep is safe. Andreas is not that man that's the problem with him, and most who are for interacting with government are like that Andreas is not , I listened to his blood almost boil when some guy said like it or not you will be regulated Andreas almost exploded had hard time containing himself.

Just for the record I like Andreas but I"m a looser to most people the average "educated" "successful" "respected" people.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:24:00 PM

Andreas >>>>M<<<< Antonopoulos, pls in the future don't forget the blood "M" Cheesy

http://youtu.be/yTupVFxDfII?t=2m32s

Thanks Grin

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:32:44 PM

Kludge,

Is he active participant in Bitcoin Forum? I wonder.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:58:16 PM

Kludge,

No. He was banned a long time ago. He went by Atlas and a bunch of other monikers I don't remember. Did you know all of the letters of "Atlas" is in Andreas' full name? Wow. Amazing.

If you do a Google Image search of Andreas, as I do every day, you'll notice he tends to wear a lot of blue. Atlas loved the color blue so much that he only used blue-colored lightbulbs in his room. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68493

I wouldn't dare suggest to Andreas while face-to-face that he is/"was" Atlas, though. He'd probably punch me in the kidneys.... for blowing his cover, obviously.
befuddled

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:48:27 PM

Kludge,

No. He was banned a long time ago. He went by Atlas and a bunch of other monikers I don't remember.

Not banned at present:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=79085

I doubt he's Atlas.

2bfree

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 07:24:40 PM

They see him as a liability.  The foundation is dominated by statists who want to play nice with regulators.  

Ha ha, finally someone who understands the matrix we are in.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CRkfx1

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:25:14 PM

Oh how I was wishing Andreas was speaking in place of Charles Lee or the Ripple chick at the NYDFS hearings.  Things would have been much smoother.
2bfree

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 04:02:27 PM

Oh how I was wishing Andreas was speaking in place of Charles Lee or the Ripple chick at the NYDFS hearings.  Things would have been much smoother.

I think Andreas would be fore ignoring those in NY hearing what gives them the right to "regulate" bitcoin, I don't agree anyone is alowed to regulate me so what give them the right to do such a thing? In a republic we are free to do what we want and organize how we want no one can regulate that freedom away that is what a constitutional republic is, what they are doing in NY is evil and I think I would just ignore them my guess is that is what Andreas is for not consent to the evil "regulators" who give them the right??

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:54:52 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 06:35:11 PM by BittBurger

That's why I've initiated post here to encourage him. Hope, he's active on forum.

He's not.  He's only active on Twitter.  If you want him to see something, post to his Twitter.
In fact, everyone here should add him there:  @aantonop

I can almost guarantee he has absolutely zero interest in being on the Bitcoin Foundation board.
Its a centralized organization, which goes against everything Bitcoin stands for.

Creating one in the first place was nothing more than a power move on the part of the founders.
They don't even recognize other "foundations" in other countries.
They force them to become "sub-chapters" of the American foundation.
What a completely terrible idea in the world of the first fully decentralized currency.

The ant colony example he uses, is brilliant.  
Bitcoin is a (good) virus.  Let it infect the world on its own.

Besides, they only hire Americans.  Andreas has an accent.  
Even if you're a citizen, in America if you have an accent, you might as well be from Mars.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:55:55 PM

+1,000,000

Charles was stuttering the entire time.  

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Buskcoin

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:44:40 PM

I like the fact that Andreas is outside of the foundation. I think he's an important figure for developing and sharing perspectives and big ideas for bitcoin and to do that he should maintain an objective position in the bitcoin space.
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:11:37 PM

Andreas rocks. He's so passionate about bitcoin and he really makes sense when he talks!

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:35:47 PM

+1,000,000

Yeah! Mr. Lee was just promoting Litecoin. Whenever, NYDFS asked anything about Bitcoin, he used to answer giving reference of Litecoin. Promotion! Promotion! Promotion! Selfish guy!

aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:45:42 PM

Kludge,

No. He was banned a long time ago. He went by Atlas and a bunch of other monikers I don't remember. Did you know all of the letters of "Atlas" is in Andreas' full name? Wow. Amazing.

If you do a Google Image search of Andreas, as I do every day, you'll notice he tends to wear a lot of blue. Atlas loved the color blue so much that he only used blue-colored lightbulbs in his room. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68493

I wouldn't dare suggest to Andreas while face-to-face that he is/"was" Atlas, though. He'd probably punch me in the kidneys.... for blowing his cover, obviously.

I am not Atlas, that's someone else. No big deal, it's not a "cover", just not me. I post publicly and with my name everywhere.  I have never been active in the Foundation forums.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:49:56 PM

Thank you for your support.

I post here occasionally, this is my forum handle.

I am a member of the Bitcoin Foundation. I had a lot of concerns in the beginning because of the leadership. Recently, with the transition to Jon Matonis as chair and the elections of members, I see things have improved.

I am currently the chair of the anti-poverty and development working group within the foundation, a position that is focused on work responsibility rather than a title. I am not interested in becoming a board member, I think I can be more effective as an independent member and by working as part of the various committees.

I think it would be best if the next person to be added to the board of the foundation was someone who is not an English-speaking white male. We have plenty of that. However, it is not up to me to say. I'd prefer to see elections among the members, with a ranked-choice voting system

Thank you again for the support, it is humbling to be nominated by the community like this.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:02:09 PM

+1,000,000

Yeah you can definitely tell that a lot of them are not too experienced in public speaking.   Andreas would have been really good because he can articulate well, and make complex statements more understandable for complete newbies...
Akesson

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:10:35 PM

Bitcoin development needs decentralization against attack and kidnapping
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:26:24 AM

Thank you for your support.

I post here occasionally, this is my forum handle.

I am a member of the Bitcoin Foundation. I had a lot of concerns in the beginning because of the leadership. Recently, with the transition to Jon Matonis as chair and the elections of members, I see things have improved.

I am currently the chair of the anti-poverty and development working group within the foundation, a position that is focused on work responsibility rather than a title. I am not interested in becoming a board member, I think I can be more effective as an independent member and by working as part of the various committees.

I think it would be best if the next person to be added to the board of the foundation was someone who is not an English-speaking white male. We have plenty of that. However, it is not up to me to say. I'd prefer to see elections among the members, with a ranked-choice voting system

Thank you again for the support, it is humbling to be nominated by the community like this.

My mom always said, there are four kind of people in world:
One, who can only take care of themselves like beggar.
Two, who can take care of themselves and one more person around them like wife at max, Example people who pull rickshaws, labor in third world countries etc.
Third type of person, are who are capable to taking care of themselves, their family and people around them like, a learned-educated man.
But, people who belong to fourth category are few. They'r born with capabilities and potential to take care of themselves, their family, their locality, their society and humanity.

You seem to be the one who belongs to fourth category. Thank you for noble views, Andreas!
I wish you all luck in work for your future endeavors!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: