Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:02:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi's long term plans  (Read 1561 times)
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:03:03 AM

I have decided that Satoshi will not stay in hiding forever.

He likely left because he was already independently wealthy and realized that his enormous horde of coins would only create a huge conflict within the community as his involvement would only create resentment.

So I predict he will one day return, maybe 5 or 10 years from now. With bitcoin being worth 10 Million dollars a coin at that time. The revelation of Satoshi will be probably the greatest media event of our lifetimes.

Also, He will be hailed as an elect soul and chosen ruler of all mankind. Similar to the story line in Ender's game he probably invented Bitcoin at 13 years old and will only be 27 when he is elected ruler of our planet.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kaiji

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Hoist the Colours

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:13:22 AM

Satoshi is on the island.

Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:17:10 AM

Satoshi is just a group of NSA paid geeks.. not some lone Japanese genius.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 11:25:17 AM

How do you know? I think Bitcoin gets awfully close to something as radical as the NWO but how can we know to which polarity it really belongs?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:46:50 AM

Also, He will be hailed as an elect soul and chosen ruler of all mankind. Similar to the story line in Ender's game he probably invented Bitcoin at 13 years old and will only be 27 when he is elected ruler of our planet.

haha this is a nice thought. Will he be able to be elected Hegemon, though? Cheesy

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:01:10 PM

haha this is a nice thought. Will he be able to be elected Hegemon, though? Cheesy

Of course, and what would be even better if He was a She, that would be awesome!

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Bitbuy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:38:03 PM

How do you know? I think Bitcoin gets awfully close to something as radical as the NWO but how can we know to which polarity it really belongs?

Well, this is indeed the ultimate question. Not the identity of Satoshi, but perhaps the motives behind this...
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:30:42 PM

Well, this is indeed the ultimate question. Not the identity of Satoshi, but perhaps the motives behind this...

From what i have read about the first miners this was a solo project with lots of initial bugs. no way this was an effort by the NSA or some conspiracy.

Bitcoin taking off was an eventuality as other virtual currencies had been tried and failed before hand.

Rygon

Activity: 520

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:37:06 PM

I have decided that Satoshi will not stay in hiding forever.

He likely left because he was already independently wealthy and realized that his enormous horde of coins would only create a huge conflict within the community as his involvement would only create resentment.

So I predict he will one day return, maybe 5 or 10 years from now. With bitcoin being worth 10 Million dollars a coin at that time. The revelation of Satoshi will be probably the greatest media event of our lifetimes.

Satoshi has very little to gain by coming forward, and would risk a lot by doing so. And none of us should wish for it to happen because that event would crash the exchange rate.
juve4v

Activity: 505

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:39:01 PM

This! There's no spoon/Satoshi.
An amorous cow-herder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:19:22 PM

Despite what many people think - he was smart but he wasn't a genius. There are many equally talented people as him.
Thats my impression as well. Especially after reading his paper on bitcoin several times. Far too brief and concise to have been written by a professor or something. Shows solid understanding of the concept of cryptocurrencies but nothing really special. There are thousands of opensource projects by people with a similiar level of expertise in their respective fields that just never took off.

He actually showed his lack of understanding of crypto a number of times by doing many things that an experienced cryptographer would not do.
I doubt it's the NSA or something crazy like that. I am very confident he was a lone programmer, he wasn't launching rockets into space...
While he used the "we" fairly often thats typical for someone with a university background, phrases such as "As we see ..." or "Now we know that .." are normal. Nothing that would suggest that it wasnt written by a smart student with hobby interest in cryptography.
But [conspiracy-mode=on] no proof it wasnt written in precisly such a way to cover the tracks of the NSA agents[/conspiracy-mode]. Wink
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:31:16 PM

Bitcoin is the psychological experiment on the human race.
Read "Beetle in the anthill".
Depending on the outcome, we will (or will not) enter the "Galactic Empire"

As good a scenario as any other, LOL
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:40:46 PM

Despite what many people think - he was smart but he wasn't a genius. There are many equally talented people as him. He combined an idea "crypto money" which has been attempted thousands of times before but failed (ecash - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecash and another called bmoney which is almost identical to bitcoin), with HashCash which was developed by Hal Finney (this is essentially Bitcoin mining).

He actually showed his lack of understanding of crypto a number of times by doing many things that an experienced cryptographer would not do.

I doubt it's the NSA or something crazy like that. I am very confident he was a lone programmer, he wasn't launching rockets into space...

Read his last posts. He left when Bitcoin started being mentioned in the news because of WikiLeaks. He mentions this in his last posts. He doesn't like all the publicity and wants to keep a low profile. I doubt he will return - the last thing he said was that "he has moved onto other things".

how can i read his posts?

WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:54:08 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 05:06:53 PM by WompRat

Despite what many people think - he was smart but he wasn't a genius. There are many equally talented people as him. He combined an idea "crypto money" which has been attempted thousands of times before but failed (ecash - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecash and another called bmoney which is almost identical to bitcoin), with HashCash which was developed by Hal Finney (this is essentially Bitcoin mining).

Read his last posts. He left when Bitcoin started being mentioned in the news because of WikiLeaks. He mentions this in his last posts. He doesn't like all the publicity and wants to keep a low profile. I doubt he will return - the last thing he said was that "he has moved onto other things".

Start Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5.msg28#msg28

and the original board here: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=bitcoin-list&max_rows=25&style=nested&viewmonth=200812
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:07:18 PM

I think there is a chance Satoshi is creating the current stability in price. Every time the price starts moving up he adds some of his coins to the market to bring it back down. So I guess we just wait until he runs out... :-)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:13:32 PM

And here if you want to back into the dark ages before any forum <shudder>.
http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg09959.html

IIRC this is the first known post by "satoshi" (obviously "satoshi", either a single person or group, used the internet prior to this post.  This would be the first post under the satoshi psuedonym).
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:37:34 PM

Start Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5.msg28#msg28

and the original board here: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=bitcoin-list&max_rows=25&style=nested&viewmonth=200812

Not sure if I should say thanks, I just wasted my last hour reading Satoshi posts ....

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:49:54 PM

disagree, he was a Genius

knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:04:59 PM

Satoshi is on the island.

does he already bought that island in the pacific  ?  Grin

or are we talking about holidays on Alderney ?

"The Financial Times has seen documents that reveal Alderney, a three-mile long island and one of the British Channel Islands off the coast of France, has been developing plans to issue physical Bitcoin since the summer. The alleged plans are in partnership with the UK’s Royal Mint and would make the physical Bitcoin a part of the Royal Mint’s commemorative collection."

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/125518-is-physical-bitcoin-on-the-way-channel-island-alderney-wants-to-mint-it

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:44:46 PM

To me Satoshi comes across as a highly motivated and passionate advocate of his creation and I find it difficult to believe that someone like that would just disappear from the community. 

If we assume that he didn't leave, but rather started posting under a different username do you think we have enough information to do a basic textual analysis to highlight some potential candidates?  It would probably be someone who created an account a few months before or after Satoshi's last post, someone who uses the same phrasing and punctuation, someone who posts in the same time periods roughly and someone who mostly posts on the dev board.  We wouldn't be much further finding out who he was, but you would want to know if he had posted on the Hodl thread wouldn't you?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: