Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:10:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unocoin - Simple, Safe and Secure Way for Buying, Selling and Storing Bitcoins  (Read 13240 times)
dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:05:09 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 12:35:03 PM by dashingriddler

Unocoin - Simple, Safe and Secure Way for Buying, Selling and Storing Bitcoins in India

URL: https://www.unocoin.com
Why the name? Initially it is project that will execute with combined efforts of Unobit Solutions Pvt Ltd and CoinMonk Ventures Pvt Ltd. How ever when we tried to split the responsibilities as there were way too many projects to handle, this project got put into the bowl of CoinMonk Ventures Pvt Ltd. It also means One (uno) coin for nation Smiley

Minimum price to buy or sell is INR 200 equivalent as of now. Maximum depends upon your membership level and will be visible on your profile when you login.

Trial Launch: The trail was launched on 14th and 15th of Dec 2013 in Global Bitcoin Conference which in turn was hosted by CoinMonk Ventures Pvt Ltd in Sheraton, Bangalore. This trial has helped us to understand the customer requirements better, to streamline the website workflow and administrative workflow to support more customers and bigger transactions. The website has also undergone some changes based on requests of customers who bought and sold bitcoins.

Official Launch: Scheduled to happen on 1st of Feb 2013 and it is when we will be coming out of trial mode.

Intro: After your registration as a customer, you will need to submit your pan card, id proof, address proof and a photograph along with your mobile num and address. A phone verification will be taken and your account will get verified after which you can see your unocoin wallet bitcoin address. Paying to this bitcoin address will add those bitcoins to your Unocoin wallet.

Buying bitcoins: As a verified member, you can buy bitcoins at Unocoin. You can choose the destination for the bitcoins being Unocoin wallet or your own bitcoin address (0.0005 btc network fee will be paid by us and you will receive the complete bitcoins you have purchased). Once you place the order, you will need to pay INR through NEFT/RTGS/IMPS from your bank account to our bank account mentioned below. We do not accept cash deposits to our bank accounts and process your orders. You will also get an email regarding order placement along with our bank details when you place the order for your records. Once we receive INR to our bank account, your BUY order gets processed with in 24 hours and usually it will happen with in 2 hours.

Selling bitcoins: You need have bitcoins in your Unocoin wallet to sell those bitcoins. Before placing the SELL order you need to add your bank account details in your account settings. You can add multiple bank accounts and choose the bank to which you wish to receive the INR while selling bitcoins. Once you place the order to sell your bitcoins, it takes us upto 3 business days for us to pay you INR especially if it is your first SELL order.

Sending and receiving bitcoins: You can send bitcoins to an email id or to a bitcoin address. If the email id you used is not registered on Unocoin, they will get an email that introduces them to bitcoin and requesting them to sign-up on Unocoin and accept your bitcoins. To request bitcoins, you will need an email id of the person from whom you are requesting the bitcoins. If that person is not registered on Unocoin, they will get an email that introduces them to bitcoin and requesting them to sign-up on Unocoin and pay you the requested bitcoins.

Campaigns: Verified customers who have a lot of bitcoins to buy or to sell can take advantage of this feature where Unocoin itself cannot honor such huge buy or sell. Campaigns usually run for 7 days. Customers who are willing to buy bitcoins need to consider a fixed price per bitcoin for duration of campaign and we list the campaign for them. We will fulfill the order as we continue getting the counter party. The price will also be fixed for the counter party who needs to buy/sell atleast minimum number of bitcoins and this includes the transaction fee and service tax - so the price seen on campaign is what gets paid at the end. Unless the cicumstances really mandate cancelling an ongoing campaign, we do not encourage the customer to cancel the campaign listing as there will be lot of counter parties who will be trying to arrange bitcoins of INR to participate in campaign which is supposed to run for 7 days. How ever also possible that the campaign gets closed as it achieved the goal before 7 days. Listing and participating in campaign is not possible over your account directly. There will be a conversation with customer and the counter-party customers over phone and then the orders will be executed on behalf of customers by Unocoin team. This is a new experiment we are trying to do, is subject to changes and we hope it will be successful.

Fee structure: There will be a 3% transaction fee on buy and sell transactions and 2% for membership with Gold Status. 12.36% service tax will be collected on the transaction fee and will be paid to Govt of India.

Merchandize: Bringing bitcoin awareness to common public has been one of the main aims of CoinMonk Ventures. You will be able to buy bitcoin related articles and souvenirs using bitcoins from your Unocoin wallet. Shipping to anywhere in India is free unless mentioned. Items will be shipped to the address mentioned by you during checkout and always comes in gift wrapping. So now a great way to gift your loved ones!

Security: Unocoin works on extended SSL (like online banking where you will see green browser bar) and hence communication between your browser and Unocoin server is secure. We save significant amount of bitcoins on customer's Unocoin wallet in cold storage. Two factor authentication can be used for login and sending bitcoins. You can print paper wallets and use that address in the address book to withdraw your bitcoins from your Unocoin wallet.

BAI: As the buyers and sellers of bitcoin on Unocoin, you will be needed to donate 0.5% of transaction value to BAI by default. How ever you can increase this donation upto 2% or even opt out of it.  Unocoin will pay 0.5% of transction value to BAI irrespective of customer choice of donation. BAI is a non profit organization that is trying to lobby with RBI and attempting to support some bitcoin businesses in India. You can read more about this on News section of Unocoin.

We would like to declare this as an offical thread for Unocoin and we will respond to any related concerns you may bring up on this thread. Please keep the thread conversation to Unocoin service alone.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alwayzgame

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:07:20 AM

3days to receive payment thats too much time Sad

buying btc
aakashkumar

Activity: 157

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:21:44 AM

+1 for https://www.unocoin.com
subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:35:33 AM

BAI: As the buyers and sellers of bitcoin on Unocoin, you will be needed to donate 0.5% of transaction value to BAI by default. How ever you can increase this donation upto 2% or even opt out of it.  Unocoin will pay 0.5% of transction value to BAI irrespective of customer choice of donation. BAI is a non profit organization that is trying to lobby with RBI and attempting to support some bitcoin businesses in India. You can read more about this on News section of Unocoin.

If i am correct your BAI is not yet registered.  In fact i am wondering how you could Announce this without any registration. To take donation in its name, is what's wrong.  If i am correct, you are taking this amount before registration, then this really shows how unethical you run your business and money focused it is.  Tell me i am wrong .

dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:42:26 AM

3days to receive payment thats too much time Sad
From the second payment onwards, it will usually take a day or two. We are working with bank to get the tools needed to speed up this process as well.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:28:18 AM

If i am correct your BAI is not yet registered.  In fact i am wondering how you could Announce this without any registration. To take donation in its name, is what's wrong.  If i am correct, you are taking this amount before registration, then this really shows how unethical you run your business and money focused it is.  Tell me i am wrong .

Before Unocoin started accepting donations to BAI, Unocoin did consult our law and auditing firm to know if it can do it. Only after we have heard we can do it and we can even use those funds to pay to the registration of non profit organization, Unocoin have started it. There may be a specific time frame with in which Unocoin needs to pay it to BAI that i do not remember on top of my head. After understanding how fragile bitcoin business is in India, we are consulting law firm for every step we are taking and even consulting as many people as possible who we think have some idea of legal implications regarding the step we are taking. How ever the expenses for registration is already paid for from the founding member's pockets and is in progress. Just after registration, BAI have a bill of 10+ Lakhs INR ahead to pay to NDA. I should say NDA team working their ass out looking into countless law books before they say any little word out and presenting the press meet and now presenting to RBI is not an easy job. BAI just wanted to be best so that there is no repenting in future. How ever as we understood not every customer (2 so far) is interested to donate to BAI, we have made the donations optional.

Obviously BAI wont be able to collect so much donations no matter what. All those monies are coming from the pockets of founding members in varying proportions depending upon their ability to donate to BAI. We had to ask new membership and business membership to hold on as BAI do not have the bank accounts to take membership fee as per the advice given to us. If we were just money minded we would not really be donating 0.5% of every trade value on Unocoin to BAI irrespective of customer preference to donate to BAI, then spending our own monies to lobby with RBI on behalf of so many past and present bitcoin businesses in India. ED had called Nishith to answer some of the questions last week and Nishith said the meeting did go well but he had declined to answer the press questions outside. From CoinMonk end, the questions asked from IRS has been answered in a PDF and been emailed to them who have said they will take it up with the financial ministry in subsequent meetings. With present plans, BAI should be able to present to RBI in third or forth week of feb. So this is the update from BAI and CoinMonk end.
I am sure all of our aim has been to hear something from RBI or financial ministry regarding bitcoin which will ease up bitcoin businesses in India and BAI is fighting for the same. If there was an organization doing this already, i would have been very happy to join and help them instead of looking at starting a new organization.
If the presentation to RBI goes successful, NDA also wants to help BAI to write the regulations for virtual currencies in India. NDA are the people who played a major role in writing regulation for e-commerce when it was new to India. We dont know what will be the NDA bill for the same.

If you are willing to join your hands as well, we would be happy to welcome you as a individual member or business member once we start accepting memberships.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

subvolatil

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:06:10 AM

Before Unocoin started accepting donations to BAI, Unocoin did consult our law and auditing firm to know if it can do it. Only after we have heard we can do it and we can even use those funds to pay to the registration of non profit organization, Unocoin have started it. There may be a specific time frame with in which Unocoin needs to pay it to BAI that i do not remember on top of my head. After understanding how fragile bitcoin business is in India, we are consulting law firm for every step we are taking and even consulting as many people as possible who we think have some idea of legal implications regarding the step we are taking. How ever the expenses for registration is already paid for from the founding member's pockets and is in progress. Just after registration, BAI have a bill of 10+ Lakhs INR ahead to pay to NDA. I should say NDA team working their ass out looking into countless law books before they say any little word out and presenting the press meet and now presenting to RBI is not an easy job. BAI just wanted to be best so that there is no repenting in future. How ever as we understood not every customer (2 so far) is interested to donate to BAI, we have made the donations optional.

Obviously BAI wont be able to collect so much donations no matter what. All those monies are coming from the pockets of founding members in varying proportions depending upon their ability to donate to BAI. We had to ask new membership and business membership to hold on as BAI do not have the bank accounts to take membership fee as per the advice given to us. If we were just money minded we would not really be donating 0.5% of every trade value on Unocoin to BAI irrespective of customer preference to donate to BAI, then spending our own monies to lobby with RBI on behalf of so many past and present bitcoin businesses in India. ED had called Nishith to answer some of the questions last week and Nishith said the meeting did go well but he had declined to answer the press questions outside. From CoinMonk end, the questions asked from IRS has been answered in a PDF and been emailed to them who have said they will take it up with the financial ministry in subsequent meetings. With present plans, BAI should be able to present to RBI in third or forth week of feb. So this is the update from BAI and CoinMonk end.
I am sure all of our aim has been to hear something from RBI or financial ministry regarding bitcoin which will ease up bitcoin businesses in India and BAI is fighting for the same. If there was an organization doing this already, i would have been very happy to join and help them instead of looking at starting a new organization.
If the presentation to RBI goes successful, NDA also wants to help BAI to write the regulations for virtual currencies in India. NDA are the people who played a major role in writing regulation for e-commerce when it was new to India. We dont know what will be the NDA bill for the same.

If you are willing to join your hands as well, we would be happy to welcome you as a individual member or business member once we start accepting memberships.

Firstly i would like to tell you, you are working on a trust based system. you are trying to operate like a traditional business (no problem in that) . However you are not a vanguard of Bitcoin in India. This membership club you created does not adhear to what bitcoin is about.  Who are you to contract some one to write regulation's to bitcoin. This looks like a precursor to a monopoly on the bitcoin market.

I will be the first to call this a False shell, and will rally the community to denounce the association in public and discredit you attempt to bring in regulations that benefit you.
NDA also wants to help BAI to write the regulations for virtual currencies in India

This is a decentralized system your association is a investors support group. Do not be in a illusion that you speak on behalf of the community. 

BAI has never actively participated in any thing worthwhile to the community besides looking to their own gains.

Your very attempt to raise 10lakhs from your customers to benefit you shows how unethical you run your  business. before you even have a Association you started to take money on its behalf.

I dont think you are a good thing to the bitcoin economy in india, and is going to end up hurting it more.

Dont want to join your association and dont think you are  doing  any good.

dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:41:28 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 08:15:12 AM by dashingriddler

Well i never said i am the vanguard. We are just trying to get a chance to lobby with RBI. To us this looks to be the right path. If this appears wrong to you, i cannot do much.
To start with, bitcoin itself cannot have an association in any country because it is decentralized in nature. But we need an association to connect the centralized regulators with decentralized currency. If you have a better way, i have my ears open.

SORRY FOR THE TYPO: NDA also wants to help RBI to write the regulations for virtual currencies in India.
It should have been RBI and not BAI lol. So now this should make some sense to you i guess. Regulation can never be made to benefit of someone unless it benefits and safeguards

There is no one who can really speak about bitcoin on behalf of entire bitcoin community in india. It is not our attempt to do it as well.

BAI being newly formed, the only thing it has done till now is to gather a press meet which had NDA to declare bitcoin is per se not illegal based on their techno legal analysis team. The meet also gave more info about bitcoin and business and trading with bitcoin where a common man was in the illusion that bitcoin is illegal based on ED and IRS raids to bitcoin business. His statements got published in 18+ news papers and a couple of TV channels which we believe helped to get credibility of bitcoin back a little bit. If I or you call a press meet and say that just because we already know it is not per se illegal, it wont become the news. We needed a credible law and auditing firm to declare after they did the needed analysis.
We have plans to perform more through BAI in near future but again waiting for the registration to complete.

That typo should answer your next 3 statements. We believe that, safeguarding an economy is only possible when there are businesses around out. Safe guarding business in turn safe guards its customers and hence the economy sustains. Tomorrow if India as well declares bitcoin as illegal, you need an association to fight with - i am not sure if you get this part. That is the reason i am saying, i would be happy to join an association if some one is willing to put one together if they do not like they way we are trying to head BAI.

It is a pity where apart from founding members putting their own money towards association, the association also needs to convince that it is not doing it for its own benefit or just for the benefit of its founding members haha.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

thenoblebot

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:10:56 AM

From CoinMonk end, the questions asked from IRS has been answered in a PDF and been emailed to them who have said they will take it up with the financial ministry in subsequent meetings.

Can you put up the pdf here for every one to see ? I'd like to see what questions were answered and how they were answered. (considering the fact last time someone came up with that ridiculous figure of 8% .. hope it wasnt you Tongue lol in which case change ridiculous to inaccurate haha)

Cheers.
dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:28:03 AM

I am not too sure if i can just share it because it was given to them on their order and not that i am presenting it myself. When there was an IRS visit to CoinMonk Ventures office, i shared all the info on this forum, and that IRS guy did not like the way it was shared and he expressed this during subsequent phone call. So this time i have sent him an email if i am allowed to share it.
I can say the questions that are answered include how bitcoin works, how transaction works, how to mine bitcoins and what happens technically in bitcoin mining, to what extent bitcoins are traceable and what role an authorized exchange can play, how bitcoin can be misused and if it can be mitigated in some way, what is the view of bitcoin from various other countries, and my opinion on how bitcoin can be taxed for speculators and miners.
In this paper i never gave out any numbers but only gave generic answers for them which we all know as they were pretty much generic questions.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

devansh1991

Activity: 138

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:22:01 PM

All the best dashingriddler  Smiley
dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:52:37 PM

thank you Smiley

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

subvolatil

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:36:03 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 02:05:12 AM by subvolatil

Well i never said i am the vanguard. We are just trying to get a chance to lobby with RBI. To us this looks to be the right path. If this appears wrong to you, i cannot do much.
To start with, bitcoin itself cannot have an association in any country because it is decentralized in nature. But we need an association to connect the centralized regulators with decentralized currency. If you have a better way, i have my ears open.

SORRY FOR THE TYPO: NDA also wants to help RBI to write the regulations for virtual currencies in India.
It should have been RBI and not BAI lol. So now this should make some sense to you i guess. Regulation can never be made to benefit of someone unless it benefits and safeguards

There is no one who can really speak about bitcoin on behalf of entire bitcoin community in india. It is not our attempt to do it as well.

BAI being newly formed, the only thing it has done till now is to gather a press meet which had NDA to declare bitcoin is per se not illegal based on their techno legal analysis team. The meet also gave more info about bitcoin and business and trading with bitcoin where a common man was in the illusion that bitcoin is illegal based on ED and IRS raids to bitcoin business. His statements got published in 18+ news papers and a couple of TV channels which we believe helped to get credibility of bitcoin back a little bit. If I or you call a press meet and say that just because we already know it is not per se illegal, it wont become the news. We needed a credible law and auditing firm to declare after they did the needed analysis.
We have plans to perform more through BAI in near future but again waiting for the registration to complete.

That typo should answer your next 3 statements. We believe that, safeguarding an economy is only possible when there are businesses around out. Safe guarding business in turn safe guards its customers and hence the economy sustains. Tomorrow if India as well declares bitcoin as illegal, you need an association to fight with - i am not sure if you get this part. That is the reason i am saying, i would be happy to join an association if some one is willing to put one together if they do not like they way we are trying to head BAI.

It is a pity where apart from founding members putting their own money towards association, the association also needs to convince that it is not doing it for its own benefit or just for the benefit of its founding members haha.

You make once of the  most epic typo and place holder mistakes, firstly this  BAI is not yet formed. secondly it is formed by businesses that have in the past shown an interest towards maximizing profits and very little community spirit. you tried to push bitcoin into the limelight to fast to soon. then decided to get a bitcoin idiotic investment conference. with many of your  members over inflating figures.

Why am i not trusting that your association would be for the benefit of the people? Its because you have not  shown a lot of ethical behavior, let me start by pointing out the conference, you decided that the first conference in India. Where, give a take a few thousand people ever used Bitcoins, would require a conference to be head in a hotel and charge an entry fee more expensive that a three course lobster meal in a three star Michelin restaurants, that made it look like bitcoin businesses in india we the next bit IT thing.  

Then came the over bloated figures 30,0000. Some where in the conference someone said that there was over 5,00,000/- btc in india (should have just said over 9000! jk).  
and then the press picked up saying there are about 50 establishment in india accepting bitcoins i can count about only 10 services and goods businesses in india right now doing active btc transactions.

Then as soon as the conference happened the ED had to raid Mahin, Coincidence much. Huh

Ok i bet this is how the RBI must have thought, they cam to the conference took down numbers and did a calculation of their owe. take BTC500,000
multiply by the rate of $900 that gives them a value of $450,000,000
now lets multiply that by let say the exchange rate lets give it  Rs 60 which is Rs 27,00,00,00,000/-,  
Now lets look at the number of people 30,000, which gives them an average of Rs 9,00,000/- worth of btc they hold. Next they took a look at businesses that accepted bitcoin 50 establishments they must have thought lets find these 50  businesses, but they can find it.
So now they start to think, 'there is so much money' , 'we dont know  who holds these bitcoin, we dont know who are these 50 establishments providing btc service in india'. then what is the money being used for.

Obvious answer would be money laundering and criminal activity. Bling !!! what did you think people  holding  such  huge assets and no place to spend it, would they have been said " Wow amazing  you guys are  rich and  getting richer day by day let  have more people enter this system where  there are no  services to spend your bitcoin on."

Next you decided to put the figures to 8% which was like BTC960,000/- (I'm not even going to bother  with this calculation).

Then you decided to launch your exchange (Which was a good move, i supported it), however the first problem was you decided to uses someone elses name to boost your business(Justifications here wont work), you could  have  used any thing to have that placeholder.

Next came the association, which was a piece of work. using  whatsapp to get members in a hastily thought up plan. decided to call your  self an association without any registration done before hand. and announce to the the world that this group of people  that was formed would make up the association. i still remember reading the chat where in you all were scrambling to  find members  asking people  to  join in. But to  what no one had an idea on its direction, just that ED has done a raid and no one knew what to  do.  

then you go have a lawyer  say what you want and now pay that lawyer 10 lakhs, for 10 lakhs a chicken will give birth to a duck.

Next you start charging your users for a BAI donation and and make it mandatory. Only after  people  said, that is wrong you decided to not charge the donation. and still you  have some type of fee(I dont knkow  much about your  fee structure).

You are using the Old School Indian Business practices. " Trample over your customer, because i am the only player and i do what ever i want."

Oh and the typo " NDA also wants to help BAI to write the regulations for virtual currencies in India " = RBI i dont  buy it.

Oh and did i read some place that you only got involved in bitcoin around may 2013 when the prices hit the roof and made headlines. Did that shock your  head as a potential money making scheme ?

And what happened to your  mining shares you had started?

Looking at all these things it shows how  unethically you are running your  business and if you are any going to be good for the bitcoin ecosystem in India.

Yeh! BAI has a purpose of only safeguarding the Business interest, and is not even suppose to be  mentioned on your website, just because the Foundation did that on Gox you should not  do that, look  at gox it is declining  day by day. greed does not  play any role in a decentralize system.  

Just look at the shear number of massive fuckups made in the course of  a year. does not  take a rocket scientist to come to a conclusion that some one is doing  some thing wrong.

oh!

Yeh its a pity, ckz..... NO ONE KNOW HOW SPENT HOW MUCH IN YOUR  BOYS CLUB AND ON WHAT THINGS! JUST STATING  THAT YOU SPENT MONEY DOES NOT PROVE ANY THING. PUTTING MONEY INTO YOUR ASSOCIATION DOES NOT SIGNIFY THAT YOU ARE DOING THIS FOR THE BENEFIT OF ANY ONE ELSE . IT SHOWS YOU HAVE INVESTED YOU OWN MONEY INTO SOME THING TO GET A VESTED BENEFIT OUT OF IT. IF YOU WANT THE  COMMUNITY TO SUPPORT YOU YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE TRANSPARENT ON WHAT YOUR CLUB WAS  DOING, AND NOT  ANNOUNCE IT IN THE TIME YOU ARE BEING QUESTIONED BY PEOPLE.

I AM NOW  CALLING UNOCOIN AND THE  BAI A HARMFUL ENTERPRISE. AND WOULD ADVISE USERS TO  USE  ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVE SERVICE.  

dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:21:03 AM

I should say some of the chronological order is not right.
Yes, because of the conference limelight start shedding on bitcoin in India. While the team has been seeing other countries conducting conferences, the idea did strike across. I can say significant people in India today know about bitcoin is because we conducted conference and the events took after that. It did not matter bitcoin did exist 5 years before this, most people just did not know it. While the aim of coinmonk ventures has been to bring bitcoin awareness to common public, coinmonk took it to do it under its umbrella.

The ticket charge was 150 and 180 usd for one and two days. We knew about half of the conference will be free pass holders as in speakers, media, cbi, it and irs, rbi, sebi, auditors etc. Among the rest, many of them had used coupons to get 20 to 40 percent disc. These were planned and based on these the prices were decided. I am not sure how much you know about expenses for conference. If we had 3 more paying people less, organizers had to put their own money which we had decided to put on the day we decided to do a conference. Presently we still have the offer from people in mumbai, hyderabad and chennai to organize conference there. We started Unocoin on trial basis on the same day of conference.

Yeah bitcoin is the next big IT thing. Are you trying to say you do not agree with that statement?

I remember hearing 30,000 members in india is in public domain and is based on qt wallet download from india. Remember not every bitcoin user downloads the qt wallet. Now if you think 30,000 as well is over bloated, nothing much can be done - you just dont even have the public domain numbers right. Regarding number of bitcoins in India, every one has their own opinion said or unsaid and i do not want to comment on it now.
Your RBI analysis looks interesting even though there are multiple ways they can interpret the numbers and money laundering. So i neither contradict or fully agree with you analysis.

Something I can say here is, if you are thinking India could have dodged the issues we are facing with rbi and regulations if the conference was not made, you were wrong. It would have just taken some time which would have bought some time for bitcoin to have stronger roots in India.

Suril Desai who is son of Nishith Desai was at the conference and that is how we happened to know about them and their contribution in writing regulations for e-commerce. Just after conference, we left to Mumbai with one of the reasons is to meet ND. They said they are happy to help us out to lobby with RBI and they will need to do a detailed analysis of present laws and regulations and hence can do a presentation to RBI and to provide some suggestions to them. Good news is, they also accepted to accept bitcoins as the fee not only from us but from future customers also (so add these guys to your list as well). At this time, BAI did not even exist.

Then there was a notice from rbi. This notice did not say anything new that is not known to us. There was no reason for businesses to suspend the operations. Just coz mahin and nilam and vishnu did it, some of my team members decided to do the same to Unocoin as well even though I personally did not want to as we had not violated any present laws and regulations.

When Mahin faced the ED and NilamDoc house was ceased as well even our team wondered what to do.

Then the immediate issue is, due to rbi notice and businesses shut down, comman man have started thinking bitcoin is illegal and a bad thing to india (based on the some of the phone conv i had with many people during this time). So there was a need for a better clarity. We know RBI dont really react that quick for these situations.

So ND came up with the idea of press conference which is backed up by the techno-legal analysis they are already doing. So the idea for them was to complete their initial analysis and then help the situation by giving better clarity of the situation through a press conference. Also to face the situation we thought of putting together an association to fight against the situation as we did not have one to whom we can approach to help us in this situation. So that gave arise to BAI involving our own team members and some of the other businesses operatiors whom we could get quick access to and are willing to join. The press conference is decided to be held on 4th of Jan. When we met on 3rd jan to finalize the press note draft, we got to know even NilamDoc had called Nishith expressing his interest to join the association and be a part of press conference through conference call on phone. We happened to talk to Nilam on 3rd and 4th and got to know more details about his raid situation and his future plans. He also expressed his willingness to contribute some donations to BAI to help in the efforts that is being put. Mahin was not reachable to any of us at this time. You know the details of press conf through public domain and i am sure you agree with me that it helped to restore some reputation of bitcoin among common people. Now i wanted to make sure all interested people willing to join BAI should join and hence there was an announcement on our whatsapp group as well. Just panicing in a situation do not help but joining as a team and fighting will and this is what we attempted to do through BAI.

Only after this we started the unocoin operations again on 8th of jan.

Yes after i got the clarification that we can attempt to collect some donations for BAI with in the legal limits, it was our efforts to collect 0.5% from customers and match the same from Unocoin profits and hence donate 1% to BAI. Nothing is new about it, info regarding the same is given to customers already. We even had lot of appreciation calls that they are happy to donate to BAI. Then there were a few those were not willing, so then we created an option to opt out of it as soon as we heard about it. Again Unocoin was never the only service at any point of time. There was always localbitcoins and soon we had bitquick.in as well. I dont see our attempt to be any kind of monopoly here.

Yes there is a type of fee called transaction fee that gets charged. Then 12.36% service tax on top of that transaction fee that is paid to govt.

We never had to explain the situation to NDA. They are tracking every move already. They only said what they wanted to say based on their analysis. The 10L is not just for the press conference - it was to do an analysis and present to rbi and to lobby. This press conference came "on the way" and NilamDoc said he is willing to help with financials for this unexpected press conference and its included in that 10L already.

Mmm the typo - happens while typing especially when you are using the same words again and again in the post. You can read your long reply above again and you can see your own typos - happens and we know it.

Bitcoin in May 2013 was a stablizied time. It was around 10th of april when there was a spike and sudden crash. I am into bitcoins because i trusted in technology after 2 long weeks of knowing about bitcoins day and night.

We stopped accepting shares for mining but have continued with present mining equip and have continued issuing weekly dividends to our present share holders. Overall results is, people who invested thinking it as an INR investment got twice back through btc but people who invested it as btc are yet to recover full of it. So we are recommending people to invest in bitcoins directly than mining equipments even though we ourselves are manufacturing mining equipments based on BFL chips - we are only one doing this in India as well.

So does that through some light on your contradictions regarding ethnicity?

Yes i know there are lot of businesses that did not succeed in bitcoin especially in last year. Again i am not taking any decision either with coinmonk or unocoin or bai myself and am consulting my team members and most of the decisions and new ideas comes during meetings. Every individual/team has their own idea of how to handle every situation and it need not be in line with other individuals/team. That is the reason i do not comment on others attempt to handle the situation as they will have their own reasons to do it.

Regarding the money at BAI, we will be showing all the accounting details as a section on website. We already have an auditor for the same and will be taken care of the way it needs to. We do not have any intention of hiding anything.

When you ask why the reasons for some of our decision making is not there on this forum - i was an active member of this forum for more than a couple of months but on the global side of it and not on the indian sub forum. No much involvement was shown by other members there. I ofcourse visited Indian sub forums many times but I could only see less than 10 people really involved in discussion which did not interest me much. So i kind of did not bother to get back here often. But now i know can see even though the number of active members on Indian forum has not really increased, they have needed knowledge to give suggestions and contradict decisions and make it into a discussion, i am happy to stay around and contribute as well.

We have been saying our main goal of BAI has been to lobby with RBI. This statement was published by news papers as well. According to us, this can hep bitcoin to prosper in India. I can get you the newspaper links if you have missed it. We have made sure we have answered people who have questioned us. May i know where we did not?

I just dont see it nice on your part and again ethical that you are recommending competing services on this thread. This was a thread that is being created as you wanted me to create it to announce Unocoin services. I am not sure if you can do such cross posting here - you have to check it yourself.

I am taking these long contradictions as a way for me to catch up what i have missed informing you people. Let me know if you have any more contradictions, let me know. It would help us correct ourselves if we were wrong or provides an opportunity to explain why we had to do it.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 05:52:13 AM

So does that through some light on your contradictions regarding ethnicity?

How on earth did ethnicity get into this?Huh

I remember hearing 30,000 members in india is in public domain and is based on qt wallet download from india. Remember not every bitcoin user downloads the qt wallet. Now if you think 30,000 as well is over bloated, nothing much can be done - you just dont even have the public domain numbers right.

It is not 30K members, but 30K downloads. Both are very different things.

The Bitcoins Alliance India, which has hired the services of the Desai firm, said there are 30,000 bitcoin holders in the country, currently in possession of 1 per cent of around 12 million bitcoins in circulation across the globe. - http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-01-05/news/45882605_1_bitcoin-virtual-currency-potential-money-laundering

Mmm the typo - happens while typing especially when you are using the same words again and again in the post. You can read your long reply above again and you can see your own typos - happens and we know it.

These typos seem to be happening a lot, including when falsely informing numbers like 8%, etc.. What is your aim here? To paint a target on the Bitcoin community? On its users? And then expect acceptance?

Re-evaluate what you say the first time. Some mistakes are always encouraged and accepted, but this looks like a firing range of mistakes and typos. These BOLD assumptions that you make as a Bitcoin trader does not reflect many sentiments of the Global community.

You have formed a club and threatened to chase more people away by warning the public against venturing into Bitcoin rather than encouraging people to learn more about it rather than to run. These mistakes are not easily corrected and we not have to spend more time confirming the same to even more people.

I just dont see it nice on your part and again ethical that you are recommending competing services on this thread. This was a thread that is being created as you wanted me to create it to announce Unocoin services. I am not sure if you can do such cross posting here - you have to check it yourself.

Applied a MOD Edit.

dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:12:03 AM

The way we worded it for them was a bit different when we answered their question. We said it was about 30,000 people who know about bitcoins. On same day the hindu article said there are about 50,000 transaction in a month in bitcoins where we said it is about 50,000 transactions per day. We emailed them to correct when they put on website just after 5 mins, but they did not.

8% has nothing to do with typo.
Yo typos keep happening for every one. I even noticed when 30,000 was typed as 30,0000 in sub's post. Some typos can be understood while reading and some needs clarification. Yo will try to be cautious regarding typos from now on.

Alliance never said to run away from bitcoin. It said stay away from it as far as investments is concerned even though bitcoin is per se not illegal unless you really know what you are doing. It is inline with RBI circular on dec 24th. This was when common man was thinking bitcoin are illegal due to rbi circular and raids on mahin, nilam and us.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:34:45 PM

A new feature on Unocoin added today

Campaigns: Verified customers who have a lot of bitcoins to buy or to sell can take advantage of this feature where Unocoin itself cannot honor such huge buy or sell. Campaigns usually run for 7 days. Customers who are willing to buy bitcoins need to consider a fixed price per bitcoin for duration of campaign and we list the campaign for them. We will fulfill the order as we continue getting the counter party. The price will also be fixed for the counter party who needs to buy/sell atleast minimum number of bitcoins and this includes the transaction fee and service tax - so the price seen on campaign is what gets paid at the end. Unless the cicumstances really mandate cancelling an ongoing campaign, we do not encourage the customer to cancel the campaign listing as there will be lot of counter parties who will be trying to arrange bitcoins of INR to participate in campaign which is supposed to run for 7 days. How ever also possible that the campaign gets closed as it achieved the goal before 7 days. Listing and participating in campaign is not possible over your account directly. There will be a conversation with customer and the counter-party customers over phone and then the orders will be executed on behalf of customers by Unocoin team. This is a new experiment we are trying to do, is subject to changes and we hope it will be successful.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

taaku

Activity: 145

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:49:05 AM

Great work..I am using your services and satisfied .below are feature request.

1.Automatic trading(Set a pre-defined price.)currently i have to check the price frequently on the price i want to sell and buy.
2.Sell and buy other cryptocurrency .

+1 to time it takes to sell and buy.Its almost less then 1 day now.

BTC: 1DgUj6s1yRwauEb89mGn92ZfNqK8xwcZPP
dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:46:35 AM

Thank you. I can see you are new to the forum and cannot really identify which of the Unocoin customers you are based on your username 'taaku' Smiley

1.Automatic trading(Set a pre-defined price.)currently i have to check the price frequently on the price i want to sell and buy.
Um, cannot really do that as of now. This is how the real time exchange works and has some regulation and licensing issues before this can be attempted. How ever i recommend you to check the Campaigns section of Unocoin https://www.unocoin.com/post.php?id=117

2.Sell and buy other cryptocurrency .
Will be adding litecoin some time down the line

+1 to time it takes to sell and buy.Its almost less then 1 day now.
Yeah optimization of workflow is helping us. Buying of bitcoins is getting executed in less than 2 working hours and selling of bitcoins with in 1 business day (unless it is the first sell order from that customer/bank-account)

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄