Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:09:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian Bitcoin Users Can Face Jail Time up to 15 years  (Read 11504 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:07:42 PM

Russia is pathetic it's like evolution backwards. They get dumber and dumber. Vladamir Putin is an assclown.

Better lock your doors man.. word travels fast around the globe.  Grin

Yeah. Putin can send his hitmen over here in a minute, and nobody would know.

If Obama wanted to protect America from terrorism, he would arm ALL Americans to the hilt, and train them in how to protect themselves from all terrorists. As it is, what is his real plan?

I wonder if he is worried about Bitcoin throwing a wrench into his operations.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:09:30 PM

you guys need to aknowledge the fact that russian central bank is not governed by the russian government, putin's party, elite or any other entity that serves russian people. russian central bank just like in most countries in the world is owned by multinational families and clans who oppose the idea of bitcoin becoming mainstream. putin is big enough now to wait for fiat system to crumble a little for him to sieze control and to start issuing money on state level - just like its supposed to be. dont forget the people who are behind central banks, fed, euro etc are way bigger and few steps higher than any president in the world today.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:20:14 PM

Don't worry people.  If the Western governments crack down on Bitcoin we'll just move to China Russia somewhere else.  So there is no need to harden the solution and consider corp/state sponsored attacks.  Those are just whacked out 'conspiracy theories.'  Having a pretty UI is much more important.  If we can bloat the blockchain enough then maybe it will get to big to attack!

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:24:57 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 10:35:39 PM by BADecker

you guys need to aknowledge the fact that russian central bank is not governed by the russian government, putin's party, elite or any other entity that serves russian people. russian central bank just like in most countries in the world is owned by multinational families and clans who oppose the idea of bitcoin becoming mainstream. putin is big enough now to wait for fiat system to crumble a little for him to sieze control and to start issuing money on state level - just like its supposed to be. dont forget the people who are behind central banks, fed, euro etc are way bigger and few steps higher than any president in the world today.

This is kinda true. Take Hitler for example. He took Germany from being possibly the poorest of industrial nations - a nation that had "lost face" before the world when they lost WWI - to being one of the most powerful in the world. And he did it in just 6 years by kicking the Jews' banking system out.

It took the banking system a long time to recover from the wound that Hitler gave them. If Hitler had been a good guy, if he had not been a bit crazy, killed a whole bunch of innocent people for nothing, he might have become famous and conquered the banking system for real. Of course, we wouldn't have Bitcoin then, because we wouldn't need it.

As it is, the banking system used the United States and Russia to conquer Hitler before he could destroy them. After all, you hear about the holocaust on a regular basis. But you seldom hear about the fact that Stalin might have murdered as many as 10 times more in Russia and surrounding nations than Hitler did. And look at the 55 million of its own citizens the U.S. has killed through abortions!

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:51:44 PM

Don't worry people.  If the Western governments crack down on Bitcoin we'll just move to China Russia somewhere else.  So there is no need to harden the solution and consider corp/state sponsored attacks.  Those are just whacked out 'conspiracy theories.'  Having a pretty UI is much more important.  If we can bloat the blockchain enough then maybe it will get to big to attack!

China Russia India USA UK Who's Next? The list of countries we can run to seems to be shrinking. lol

Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:30:02 PM

China Russia India USA UK Who's Next? The list of countries we can run to seems to be shrinking. lol

I suppose that there is always the Cayman Islands. heh.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:01:17 AM

this is the OP sniffing glue and not understanding the context of the article if he believes that bitcoin can land you in prison simply by owning it. ...

No, that's actually exactly the way it's intended to be interpreted:

The anonymously produced “virtual currencies” can be intended by its producers for money laundering and terrorism funding purposes, the Central Bank said in a statement.

This means that Russian digital currency users can become involved in criminal activity simply by using the Bitcoin and its analogues, the regulator said.

This is meant to provide a clear chilling effect for Russians, ie, don't do this, we don't approve - you have been warned.

It is Russia.

ok lets translate it again for you

if you accept bank notes you can become involved in criminal activitiy by handling:
drug money
defrauded money
stolen money
money that eventually ends up in terrorists hands

so does this stop you from accepting bank notes?? no

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
XenInvestments

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 12:02:45 AM

The anonymously produced “virtual currencies” can be intended by its producers for money laundering and terrorism funding purposes, the Central Bank said in a statement.

This means that Russian digital currency users can become involved in criminal activity simply by using the Bitcoin and its analogues, the regulator said.

http://en.ria.ru/business/20140127/186966541/Russias-Central-Bank-Bitcoin-Users-Can-Face-Jail-Time.html

Of course the banks would issue such a fear-mongering, irrational threat. A last-ditch effort to scare people away from cryptocurrencies.

These are the ragged last gasps of an injured and cornered animal. Time to put it down.
zeetubes

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:45:55 AM

"After all, you hear about the holocaust on a regular basis. But you seldom hear about the fact that Stalin might have murdered as many as 10 times more in Russia and surrounding nations than Hitler did."

Most people when asked about the holocaust will quote the 6 million Jews that were killed but Hitler actually had 13 million "untermensch" put to death in total, 6 million of whom were jewish. The other 7 million seem to have been conveniently forgotten.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 02:48:30 AM

Russia’s Central Bank: Bitcoin Users Can Face Jail Time

MOSCOW, January 27 (RIA Novosti) – Russia’s top monetary authority slammed digital currencies Monday, warning that Bitcoin use can lead to criminal charges in the country.

Digital currencies also lack any backing and are used for financial speculation, which increases risks for users, the Central Bank said.

Moreover, Russian legislation directly prohibits the issuance of surrogate currency, the statement said.

Money laundering is punishable with up to seven years in prison in Russia; funding terrorism – with up to 15 years. Russia’s legislation does not state a punishment for issuing surrogate currency.

http://en.ria.ru/business/20140127/186966541/Russias-Central-Bank-Bitcoin-Users-Can-Face-Jail-Time.html

Russian exchange indefinitely down and not answering their emails and support tickets in 5...4...3...
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:00:23 AM

"After all, you hear about the holocaust on a regular basis. But you seldom hear about the fact that Stalin might have murdered as many as 10 times more in Russia and surrounding nations than Hitler did."

Most people when asked about the holocaust will quote the 6 million Jews that were killed but Hitler actually had 13 million "untermensch" put to death in total, 6 million of whom were jewish. The other 7 million seem to have been conveniently forgotten.

I went the better part of my life thinking that Gypsies were Jews in some muddled way most likely associated with the rather, um, 'charged' nature of the curriculum surrounding this matter.

I recently had a Romanian co-worker and learned all about Gypsies.  And not in some namby-pamby politically correct way either!

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
zeetubes

Activity: 371

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:06:06 AM

I went the better part of my life thinking that Gypsies were Jews in some muddled way most likely associated with the rather, um, 'charged' nature of the curriculum surrounding this matter.

I recently had a Romanian co-worker and learned all about Gypsies.  And not in some namby-pamby politically correct way either!

Yup. I guess the major difference between the gypsies and the jews is that gypsies don't control most of the media and get to write history books. Even though I thought Schindler's List was a great movie, Spielberg had the chance to acknowledge those 7 million but chose not to.

BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:27:53 AM

I started to look into this and quickly started to realize it seems to just be a case of a journalist/newspaper over exagerating things and coming up with a shock story title to get views.  I havent seen any other articles suggesting anyone would go to jail simply for using bitcoin...only that current finincal crimes would apply to bitcoin as well. 

Doesn't seem to be much "news" here , just a single paper/journalist using shock journalism to get views...and it appears like it worked as this article is getting more views than any of the other articles about russia that point out russia only said if you commit a crime with bitcion it's treated the same as if you commit a crime with fiat.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Prolifik

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:32:05 AM

I wish everyone world wide would just say fuck you government we will govern ourselves.

What do we need these crones for anyways? We have the internets!

dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:44:12 AM

the "T" word... the most dreaded word in the english language that could indeed kill bitcoin in it's tracks for all intents and purposes.... the US could certainly use "terrorism" as a justification to ban the currency. Better hope that all the seedy people using it are not into that sort of activity...

Those who believe anarchy and self rule would be better than our current system are however... misguided. I believe it would be complete chaos and we'd be back in the dark ages without organizations like the Illuminati and the progression towards cooperation amongst governments globally.  I prefer not having to go to constant war over someone's idiotic ideology as long as I have freedom of speech and can guide my destiny along in a free manner which for the most part I can in the US and many other first world nations....

I can deal without crypto-currencies and go back to platinum and palladium honestly... I won't lose that much sleep if cryptos end up banned, which they might if their users don't police themselves. Could terrorists just use gold? Well they'd have to lug an awful lot of it around and they'd more than likely get their  own people killing each other and stealing the gold. Smiley

If anything I planned to get off the computer this year and get out of the house more and these damn currencies put a hamper in that to a degree because they are so... appealing watching them move around in market cap like micro cap stocks.
btchedge

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:21:24 AM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-28/russian-bank-halts-all-cash-withdrawals

This may have a little something to do with this...

Who is John Galt?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:23:59 PM

I wish everyone world wide would just say fuck you government we will govern ourselves.

I'm kind of happy to have roads and fire departments. I'm not sure you would build enough of them if you were in charge. Infrastructure =  Cheesy  No Infrastructure =  Sad

Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:33:49 PM

It's coming; banks and governments are starting to understand and they will regulate harshly, then persecute us all when it fails...

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
NanoAkron

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:37:39 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 11:07:30 PM by NanoAkron

If I hold 1 BTC in my wallet, I can go to prison? I don't think so.
With that attitude, Russia will just stay behind everyone.

It seemingly is behind everyone with their homophobic laws and anti-gay stance. Pathetic behaviour.

What does anti-gay stance have to do with accepting or not btc?

It's a reflection of how far they are from the 21st century.
Frost000

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:42:24 PM

I'm kinda happy you're not in politics!

I agree that a lot of taxes are bogus but to say that governments don't have their place is a bit absurd. Whether or not they function properly is another story... Russia's pretty fucked!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: