Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:09:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian Bitcoin Users Can Face Jail Time up to 15 years  (Read 11504 times)
NanoAkron

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:33:31 PM

wouldn't surprise me at all if Max had a silk road account. He looks like he is always on something and I believe he has even admitted he used to do lines back in his wall street days...

He probably has some bitcoin. He probably doesn't have a silk road account. 90% of wall street did cocaine at one time.

So what.
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:20:20 PM

wouldn't surprise me at all if Max had a silk road account. He looks like he is always on something and I believe he has even admitted he used to do lines back in his wall street days...

He probably has some bitcoin. He probably doesn't have a silk road account. 90% of wall street did cocaine at one time.

So what.

so he might be the next one to go under... im sure the powers that be in the US would love to shut him up.
all I'm saying is.. it wouldn't surprise me if that were to happen.

the NSA has dirt on everyone just in case they ever need to use it.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
NanoAkron

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:12:20 PM

To be honest he does things like this.
For instance once a journalist asked him whether he feels to be a dictator because he's been ruling in Russia for 18 years and he than asked why the journalists do ask the same question Angela Merkel or the Canadian president (or prime minister, I don't remember well) - for they are both have been ruling for the same quantity of time as him, but strangely enough nobody has found this answer in the Westen media.

Merkel doesn't imprison people who disagree with her. Merkel hasn't started wars with breakaway republics. Merkel has only been in power since 2005.

Putin went from Prime Minister --> President --> Prime Minister --> President

Next?
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:15:39 PM

So i'm guessing there won't be any Bitcoin ATMs present at any of the Olympic Game venues??

NanoAkron

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:53:35 PM

But if the majority of Russians wants Putin to be their President-> Prime minister ->President ect, why should the Western world feel themselves superior to interfere with the questions they are not well informed? And by the way in Russia the Prime minister has no power.

And if the people of Zimbabwe keep re-electing Mugabe, who are we to question their choice? Is that what you're saying here?
NanoAkron

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:39:51 PM

I don't have enough information to judge Mugabe.

This pretty much tells me everything I need to know about your position.

1. Lack of knowledge of world politics
2. Unwilling to stand up against tyranny
3. Willing to whitewash any valid criticism with cries of 'oh, but Iraq' and 'oh, but Afghanistan'
simulacrum

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 12:18:08 AM

What a retard. You say in 1 breath 'media hype in Russia is often the preferred method for signalling how authorities feel about something' then in another say 'this could be problematic for Russia Today's work as a Bitcoin cheerleader'

If Russia Today is a Bitcoin cheerleader it means the authorities are OK with Bitcoin.

Except that Russia Today is aimed at Western audiences... Bitcoin does not get positive coverage from domestic Russian broadcasters.  Presumably they see it as subversive.  In a similar vein: the US domestic media demonise "the dark web", while the parent body of Voice of America (the international propaganda broadcaster) helps fund the TOR network.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:20:03 AM

If this is the case then HSBC needs a taste of Russia's approach to money laundering punishment.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:24:36 AM

we need decentralized exchanges
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:46:02 AM

Angry not thrilled with russia
Alphi

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

BTC-E is about to shutdown, there many news about it, there is a good source:

http://thebitcoinsnews.com

are you sure? read this

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/03/calm-down-internet-btc-e-is-not-about-to-be-shutdown/

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:42:28 AM

When you see a newbie posting doom news just ignore.

JessyMatt

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:27:43 AM

This is ridiculous. These government need to start understanding this virtual currency because it's not going anywhere. They need to get on board. Bitcoin company owners in the good ol USA are going to jail for accepting or allowing other companies to accept bitcoins. WOW.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
NanoAkron

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:03:30 PM

So are the countries, being destructed one by one, because they dare to oppose themselves to the globalism. That's why the Russian so called anti-gay law is so hateful for the West, that Obama will not even visit the Olympic games, but be sure he visited American states that has the same law during his election company. Etc.

Do you believe there's a difference between a presidential candidate seeking election by visiting many states, and a nation which enacts a law that is discriminatory against its own people?
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:36:36 PM

I guess in some sense it is like every other US news channel, because 90% of news from the US (and most countries for that matter) are controlled by very powerful people with an agenda as you say.

that's why I watch PBS if I watch any news at all from the USA.

Was this tongue-in-cheek irony? Do you realize where PBS's funding comes from? Between the tax-exempt foundations, the board members of which are also the board members of the world's largest corporations (and CFR members besides), and the US government, that's the overwhelming portion of the PBS's budget.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:56:58 PM

I guess in some sense it is like every other US news channel, because 90% of news from the US (and most countries for that matter) are controlled by very powerful people with an agenda as you say.

Was this tongue-in-cheek irony? Do you realize where PBS's funding comes from? Between the tax-exempt foundations, the board members of which are also the board members of the world's largest corporations (and CFR members besides), and the US government, that's the overwhelming portion of the PBS's budget.

I 'grew up' on NPR.  Back in the day they used to go on at length about the plight of the Palestinians who have been being systematically ethnically cleansed for generations now.  Somehow a cork got put in that bottle and rammed home.  Seemed to me that it happened about the same time that some ultra-rich woman died and left them a pile of money back around the turn of the century.

Ironically I was pretty turned off about what I considered to be their one-sided reporting about the Zionist related programs (in favor of the Palestinians) back in the 80's and 90's.  Just like I was about a lot of their other 'gay dolphin' style pet projects.(*)  Now I've come full circle and am much more sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians even as NPR/PBS has done an apparent 180 on the issue.  But I'll admit to neither funding them nor paying much attention to them for many years now.

* It's a bit of a joke...not meant to be taken (to) literally.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Alphi

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:53:47 AM

what's that old saying... best of a bad bunch? lol
as I said, you'd be hard pressed to find any major news channel from any country that didn't have an agenda.

even the BBC in the UK was seen as one of the most impartial news channels in the world until it was discovered they were protecting paedophiles lurking within their own ranks for the past 30 years.

raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:42:29 AM

what's that old saying... best of a bad bunch? lol
as I said, you'd be hard pressed to find any major news channel from any country that didn't have an agenda.

even the BBC in the UK was seen as one of the most impartial news channels in the world until it was discovered they were protecting paedophiles lurking within their own ranks for the past 30 years.

the BBC is the biggest scam in history.

you should see the coverage of the Scottish independence thingymabob. News presenters finding it difficult not to bite their lips in anxiety, desperate to 'do her majesties willing'

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
DoctorOz

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:53:03 PM

LOL thats typical Putin, what he can't control he imprisons or bans.....lol

Now the US should counteract and recognise BTC as a currency..... bring back the cold war....LMAO
linuxnewbie

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:13:52 PM

LOL thats typical Putin, what he can't control he imprisons or bans.....lol

Now the US should counteract and recognise BTC as a currency..... bring back the cold war....LMAO

You took the headline of the thread at face value? There's an important little detail in the OP:

Money laundering is punishable with up to seven years in prison in Russia; funding terrorism – with up to 15 years. Russia’s legislation does not state a punishment for issuing surrogate currency.

http://en.ria.ru/business/20140127/186966541/Russias-Central-Bank-Bitcoin-Users-Can-Face-Jail-Time.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: