Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:44:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are people losing faith in ICO's?  (Read 237 times)
Rajeshwari G (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:51:18 AM

Why are ICO's coming under pressure?
CryptoHaris

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:19:07 AM

Considering the recent spurt in ICO launches across the globe, it becomes slightly tricky when it comes to sieving through ICOs.

There have been multiple instances when ICO websites have been hacked and funds rerouted.

Such reasons are bound to put questions in people's mind.

Looking at how aware investors have becomes, I feel the faith will be back once performance levels of ICOs increase.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:41:04 AM

unfortunately no!

recently there has been a huge surge of new ICOs and that may have been the reason why they didn't make it big like before because there is a limited number of newbie investors and gamblers in the market at all times that invest in ICOs.
additionally all the ICO scams and bans and all the experience that people made has helped them see what ICOs are really for and stay away from them more than before... but we are far from everyone knowing it like they now know how bad premine altcoins are.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
varunraj

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:44:37 AM

I don't think so because as time goes by the number of people who invest in Cryptocurrency are increasing rapidly.
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:44:54 AM

I think the cause of declining investor confidence in the crypto currency ico because of the many cases of ico scam, especially sec just reported Titanium ICO to the legal path.

https://www.coindesk.com/sec-charges-ico-founder-with-fraud-in-latest-lawsuit/
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:45:17 AM

Seems like Indian, you cannot able to see the proper view of the ICO and bitcoin from your country. Check the world wide exchange and listed tokens bro. Most of the tokens getting listed in the exchanges very soon and I found many ICO projects are getting successful for the past 1 month.
I do not think people loosing faith on ICO. It is actually healthy to see the competition for new come ICO projects.

Go to altcoin service announcement section see there. You may find the n number of ICO projects.
maremostro

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:49:35 AM

Yes

maybe

but that's because very few of them promise some desirable utility

Well Right now from among the ones that have both product utility and expertise check ZEEX

And ZEEX is backed by mother company ZEEK and listed trough Bancor

here is the whitepaper

https://storage.googleapis.com/www.zeex.me/zeex-whitepaper.pdf
engrshu

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:51:00 AM

I don't think so because as time goes by the number of people who invest in Cryptocurrency are increasing rapidly.

Yes. And so does the number of ICOs. Let's face it, not all the project is worth investing, some of them is just a duplicate of one another. The hype and the value of ICO before is so different from now.

[
shtodelat

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:56:29 AM

Why people began to lose faith in the ICO at the moment when I learned about this kind of earnings and began to believe in it. That's always Grin
parlament9

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:19:37 AM

Maybe I will open some secret and a dark side of cryptocurrencies, but through ico cash money)
The dark or illegally earned money put in various ico. And it is already much simpler to cash the profit got with ico in a set of the countries.
Well and plus to everything awfully a lot of skam has divorced among ico. 4 of 5 have even no unique idea, without speaking about the working system or business

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:23:42 AM

The amount of scams going on through ICOs are increasing day by day. Look how many new ICOs emerges each day and how they are failing to provide what they promise or they just run away with investors money with no shame. Naive people falls for it and invests on those scammy ICOs. This encourages more ICOs to scam people.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
dodziu

Activity: 473
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:31:22 AM

I think some of the reason for this is that the rate of scam is increasing so much and people do not really trust in them to avoid being scammed. Even as the scam is much, many people still invest in the good ones and are getting rewards from it just that the bad yoke have damaged the reputation of most good ones but new icos will continue to come up and people will keep promoting them.
kartalgiunti

Activity: 490
Merit: 13

BIB Exchange

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:39:00 AM

This is extremely normal. Crypto currency is constantly falling and people are afraid. People are abstaining now, but this will not last forever.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:46:28 AM

Many factors can cause this, on of them is because many scam or insecure ICOs nowdays.  I hope there will be a regulation of ICOs so it can be more secure and less risk for investors.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:49:49 AM

Because most of them are scams?

identifyuser

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:50:20 AM

Honestly, I do not see any pressure on the ICO at all and I think that it will prosper after cleansing of many scams
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:52:12 AM

Scam!

More Scam!

Even more scam!

and I can continue until the end of page!

That what happening mate and why people will trust such project who takes your money and run away without any reason. They can always contribute in the project development seriously and try to make real step forwards so that people can trust them and put more money into them. This way a proper chain of command can form and thus ICO faith can continue.

For now we are loosing faith for sure, but as they say there is still some hope out there!
deep4u

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:56:40 AM

If you look at current  ended you will see  there many ICO that have been  successful  in the past few months. People are not loosing faith according to my experience there many new people have been now involved with icos and investing in them.
De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:00:08 PM

The Altcoin market is going down due to lack of investor confidence !!! I Think until the investment becomes safe, the market does not start growing, and security and decentralization are the opposite concepts!
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:22:54 PM

Well we can't blame investors. Icos has been used to scam people. Some icos that go live and get money from investors but when they end up not reaching the hard cap they just stop the ico and say that it failed. If you get lucky, you'll get refunded for your investment. Sometimes they run away with all your money just like that. So i won't blame people thinking twice investing on icos.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: