Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:28:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your top 5 altcoins - in order?  (Read 26356 times)
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:37:50 AM

- VertCoin
- Darkcoin
- Litecoin
impresionesmline

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:59:15 AM

1 - LTC
 2 - NVC
 3 - NMC
 4 - PPC
 5 - XPM
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:28:34 AM

1. Bitcoin (BTC) - this is still the biggest and most widely adopted; would hold a min of 50% here
2. Litecoin (LTC) - undervalued relative to BTC but has a bright future in terms of adoption than half the altcoins
3. Bitshares (PTS) - interesting concept and gives access to future DACs. Worth looking into.
4. Ripples (XRP) - yeah cut me the centralized crap but this has backing of Silicon Valley (Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures as well as China-based IDG Capital Partners etc)
5. DogeCoin (DOGE) - yeah yeah, it was based on an Internet meme but really this the only coin apart from BTC that my non-tech savvy wife wouldn't mind using ... it has mass appeal and the mascot is too cute for words.

I would also consider NameCoin, Peercoin (as long as they don't call it PeePee Coin) and Quark (lets get over the premine propaganda, also known as I-wish-I-Had-Mined-This)
THeZoiD

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:55:40 AM

Quark - 6 encryption methods vs 1 for BTC, LTC, Doge, all popular coins
It only needs 800 NEW $/day to maintain its value vs 3 million NEW $/day for BTC and 1 million NEW $/day for Doge
It is one of the fastest coins with transactions confirmed in 30 seconds vs. 10 minutes for BTC, 6 minutes for LTC
It has a community, not at Doge, BTC, or LTC levels but its growing - http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin
Its undervalued relative to infrastructure.

Peercoin - Love the developer and this means a lot with cryptos! Things could change and PPC will adapt.
Amazing new marketing push coming around (500,000$ put down).
Resistant to 51% attacks because of the checkpoint system.

Infinitecoin - IFC is a great investment for a similar reason to Quark, it needs very little $ a day to maintain its value.
Has a good community and lots of development going on.

Litecoin - A pretty stable crypto and somewhat less risky investment than many coins.
It has a huge community and many projects going on, like a mini-bitcoin in terms of marketing.
Great developer.
Definitely a better option than BTC, and while I believe that QRK and PPC are much better coins, this could win out if consumers choose it.

Pennies - CENT is not a solid investment. It's extremely risky, but I put money into it because I like the idea.
It is a complimentary currency that goes along with others and isn't competing to be #1 or #2.
It was made so people wouldn't have to .00001 BTC for a sandwhich, they can just use their CENTs.
This is my least researched coin, but it looks like it has potential.

I really appreciated your thoughtful post.  I don't really have five altcoins yet and analysis like this helps, I had dismissed quark as an instamine scam, your comments suggest maybe I was wrong.

Right now I would say:
Doge - Yes it is currently overpriced but it has a great community, doge-dice alone made sure this coin had some early legs, if it can continue to get support it will be a survivor.

Litecoin - I like what they are trying to do but am worried it is too close to bitcoin.  Doge developed almost as much infrastructure of support as LTC with much less time.

As a redditor and crypto-enthusiast, I love Dogecoin. But as an Economist, and more importantly investor, I don't see Doge as maintaining its PER COIN price. It's market cap may be stable and go up, but investors will lose money. Need a further explanation on the difference in per coin and market cap fluctuations? Just ask me.

My reasoning for Doge's dropping per coin price is the amount of NEW money it needs daily. QRK will go down in price if it doesn't receive 800 NEW $ a day AT its current price. Doge will go down in price if it doesn't receive 1.3 million NEW $ a day AT its current price. (For reference, BTC needs 3 million and LTC needs 500k a day).

my question is...l.why,since bitcoin went down in value..dont we get more btc for are alt?Huh?

why is the alt coin fallow Huh

and  since the alt currency's are attached btc...well they must be included in the "need per day"Huh?

skizzneena

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 03:57:09 AM

1. Dylon
2. Dylon
3. Dylon
4. Dylon
5. Dylon

AMERICA CANT SURVIVE ON $7.25!  TIPS greatly appreciated: Ea1gywevNkV8YFiZbpxAAHqxAZByyFEnGS
klaczak

Activity: 100

PL

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:50:09 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 08:16:14 AM by klaczak

Dogecoin      You know why Tongue
 Bitcoin         Is like gold all want have
 Mintcoin       Is new wery promising curency (like doge is litecoin  with 100kkk of coin total , mintcoin is like peercoin with 70kkk coins total)
 Digibyte       Dev team is good
 USDe           Name

mint : MnphWMrtSMNcPjbhmhiNqKgJmEuxXZGsJC
thedude11

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:55:40 AM

Doge
Digibyte
Leaf
Noble
Smart

Ethapus

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:18:39 AM

CGB
MMC
DGC
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 12:59:46 PM

Quark is dead, please don't buy it anymore.

What's your reason Huh

poisoning,... lol

i donot have any favourite,,, mine the most profitable and sell.

seems just fine .... LOL

have a great, rest of your life !

LOL

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
eCoinomist

Activity: 112

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 03:09:25 PM

Seriously, most alts just get lots of buz initially and then will die off.

Though IMHO, BTC and LTC will stay as digital Gold/Silver standard.

And there will be room for one more, as digital currency that ppl will use to buy/sell on a daily basis, like buying coffee. What that coin will be, I don't know, and it probably does not exist (not yet).

For now, enjoy the ride and make profit mining things like Dogecoin when the buzz is still hot Smiley.

JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:03:34 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 04:16:26 PM by JakeThePanda

My Portfolio ex. Bitcoin:

Protoshares/Angelshares/Bitshares (PTS/AGS/BTSX)
Counterparty (XCP)
Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB)
Peercoin (PPC)
Nextcoin (NXT) and all the Klones  Shocked
Mastercoin (MSC)

Future Interest:
Ethereum
Emunie
I feel like I should just buy some DOGE for the F of it. Roll Eyes

Zero Interest:
Litecoin and any other PoS (Piece of Shite) coin.
davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 04:12:42 PM

Mastercoin (MSC) - not an alt but a protocol (and not to be confused with MTC). Very early days but very exciting.
Peercoin (PPC)
Litecoin (LTC) - it seems closer to critical mass and capability to be spent in the real world than any other.
Namecoin (NMC)
Nextcoin (NXT)

Also, I like the older coins that offer something unique.
Primecoin (XPM)
Devcoin (DVC) - cheap as chips atm but I like the idea behind it.. that said I wonder this would need a big influx of devs to make it's arguement stand up.

and longshot penny stocks that could easily come alive in a big way, as simple alternate choices; obviously that could easily occur if ATMs and POS are capable of acknowledging any coin.. people like choice.
Worldcoin (WDC)
Feathercoin (FTC)
Quark (QRK)

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:17:27 PM

My top ALT coins are mostly CPU minable ones

QRK - Quark
CHC - ChainCoin
DRK - DarkCoin
MOL - Molecule
MMC - MemoryCoin

But still not found the "perfect one"

Great list!! CPU-mined coins are my favorite too!

People make a big deal about Vertcoin being ASIC resistant...but these coins have that AND more!

I haven't invested in DarkCoin yet because of how risky it could be, but I can't wait for that coin to be cloned. MMC is cool, they had some good ideas that others coins adopt. And QRK is obviously the high market cap/high development coin of your list.

Producer
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:18:57 AM

!!This is just my opinion, not investment advices!!

[Nxt]

[eMunie]

[XCP]

[SkyCoin]

[MSC]

Pro-tip : Consider that no crypto-currency that you mine is interesting. It doesn't change anything to be ASIC or GPU resistant or mix mining algo. All mining coin consist of converting expensive hardware (ASIC/computers) and electricity to get Bitcoins (and FIAT).

Nothing is free, mining is an illusion for fools. You are destroying expensive hardware and using energy just to generate and secure coins (that you always end up converting to BTC then to FIAT).
If the cost of energy become superior to the profit from mining, the miners stop, the security is compromise and the coin become worthless.

All mining coin end up the same : zero value.

The case of Bitcoin is unique because it is the first crypto but I think it will end. All coins based on its layer will die too (XCP & MSC) unless they switch on top of a 100% PoS crypto which could be possible.
moonriver

Activity: 392
Merit: 152

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:55:39 AM

!!This is just my opinion, not investment advices!!

I will take it as guide anyway Grin
itsallpc

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:09:16 AM

I would list 5 but i really like to concentrate on 1 coin at a time.

At the moment i am working with Prospercoin.It is quiet and building up slowly was not pre announced etc just soft launched and building slowly.

At the moment the diff is low between 1 and 2.5 depending as it uses kimotos so as miners come in and out the diff changes. The lead dev has real world development experience and is a business advocate in his country.

There has been an new multicoin to RPC exchange announced and is under development.

It is doing very well and people are buying it up on poloniex.com for a coin less than 2 weeks old this is good https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_prc

Only 7200 are ever mined each day except on prosperdays when ther is a bonus applied.

There are shops etc in the line up and other ideas in the pipeline this coin will be used in the real world. Also the head dev is Cambodian Chinese so the Chinese market is being tapped slowly.

Unlike other pump and dump coins etc this coin is in no rush to make it to the top it is a slow long term investment with real development coming. It is not a short term get in get out coin so would be a great coin to diversify any coin portfolio Loz

The coin badge etc is down at the moment as the website is being updated https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=438433.0

as has been said before !!This is just my opinion, not investment advices!!
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 11:10:56 AM

litecoin
Doge
quark
Tag
Mint

is my top 5 i made emotional decision Cheesy

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:44:49 AM

1 Dogecoin - big helpfull community which achieved much without PREMINE x% for promotion eg.
this is true... somehow i can't believe it, to now we have allmost 50% supply out.
Coin will have inflation 4% year but it will decrease that 4% over time because reward is constant.
If market could absorb all most 50% Doges at price ~200satoshi it will eat Doges to the end rewards haves every 2 months.
Commpared to Litecoin it is still undervaluated Smiley but it need some time to rise in price.

2 Annoncoin - unique coin TOR-support

3 Battlecoin BCX - i like concept behind it we will see what happened when arena will start.

4 Emunie - totally different coin than other coins buid in java not clone

5 TIPS - 1st coin mixig feature, cool community active Devs they are making something creative at least !

----------------------------------------
Quark - 98% premined are you kidding...
Litecoin get so popular just because it was ASIC resistant now with SCRIPT ASIC i don't see "that"
marketing advantage over Bitcoin. If i want faster coin i would choose Dogecoin,Zetcoin(not premined coins) or something else instead there are coins much faster than Litecoin and Bitcoin.
----------------------------------------

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:50:22 AM

I am going with LTC, Cryptsy Points, FRK, PPC and XPM all are good and solid coins right now

spyro (OP)

Activity: 182

★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:54:49 AM

Created new thread following this one, with most overrated coins (to avoid going offtopic here)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=464526.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: