Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer warning: Don't buy from MiningHardware.co.uk  (Read 1692 times)
Kenshin (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:29:46 PM

Do not buy anything from MiningHardware.co.uk. They are a scammer.

1) There miner can't hash the speed they claimed. Which is 200 - 230 GH. They can only get to 180 GH.

2) Someone I know purchased 2 miners from them, he didn't tamper or open the case or do any form of modification. But MiningHardware.co.uk accused him of tampering and have void the warranty. How can the warranty be void? If it was never tamper with.

3) The miner carry a health and safety risk. They can harm your ear drums if stay in the same room longer than 1 hour.

4) MiningHardware.co.uk will be reported to the Trading Standard Institute, ASA, the Police and Custom.

5) MiningHardware.co.uk have been importing their mining as broken second hand pc. This is not true, so they are breaking the law.

Stay away from NineLives, as he is the owner of MiningHardware.co.uk.

They will not refund you, even when their miner don't meet the description of the miner, also when they are DOA.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
----------

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:11:43 PM

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/416/266/e3f.gif

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370260.0;all
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:27:18 PM

Do not buy anything from MiningHardware.co.uk. They are a scammer.

1) There miner can't hash the speed they claimed. Which is 200 - 230 GH. They can only get to 180 GH.

2) Someone I know purchased 2 miners from them, he didn't tamper or open the case or do any form of modification. But MiningHardware.co.uk accused him of tampering and have void the warranty. How can the warranty be void? If it was never tamper with.

3) The miner carry a health and safety risk. They can harm your ear drums if stay in the same room longer than 1 hour.

4) MiningHardware.co.uk will be reported to the Trading Standard Institute, ASA, the Police and Custom.

5) MiningHardware.co.uk have been importing their mining as broken second hand pc. This is not true, so they are breaking the law.

Stay away from NineLives, as he is the owner of MiningHardware.co.uk.

They will not refund you, even when their miner don't meet the description of the miner, also when they are DOA.

1) You haven't tuned it, have you?

2) Citation Needed

3) Doubt it.  A few 120mm fans won't make you deaf, unless you stick your ear in it.

4) Good luck with that one.  Cheesy

5) That's great, stick it to the man! 

The main problem is you're a muppet and don't know what it is you're buying.  All the Chinese Avalon clones are similar.  The videos on his site show you what the machines are like.
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:31:41 PM

Why must you create another thread about this?
We can read other threads you know, we know you have voided your warranty by overclocking it
What are you expecting to achieve from this thread?

TBH i think your problem is your unhappy with the amount of coins there minning at the current difficulty,i did warn people before christmas that these have about 1 or 2 months left before no profit is made back,its not even worth burning the electricity to run these right now.

Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:46:23 PM

The UK law:

Accepting returns and giving refunds: the law

You must offer a full refund if an item’s faulty, not as described or doesn’t do what it’s supposed to.

Check when you have to offer refunds and accept returns.
When you don’t have to offer a refund

You don’t have to refund a customer if they:

knew an item was faulty when they bought it
    damaged an item by trying to repair it themselves or getting someone else to do it (though they may still have the right to a repair, replacement or partial refund)
    no longer want the item (eg because it’s the wrong size or colour) unless they bought it without seeing it

You have to offer a refund for certain items only if they’re faulty, eg:

personalised items and custom-made items, eg curtains
    perishable items, eg frozen food or flowers
    newspapers and magazines
    CDs, DVDS and computer software they’ve unwrapped

Customers have exactly the same rights on refunds when they buy items in a sale as when they buy them at full price.
Online, mail and phone order sales

Online, mail and telephone order customers have the right to cancel for a limited time even if the goods are not faulty. Sales of this kind are known as ‘distance selling’.

You must offer a refund to customers who buy through distance selling if they cancel goods within 7 calendar days of receiving them.

You must then refund the customer within 30 days. They don’t have to provide a reason for cancelling.
Repairs and replacements

If a customer has ‘accepted’ an item, but later discovers a fault, you may have to repair or replace it. The customer can still reject the item after it’s been repaired or replaced.

A customer has accepted an item if they’ve:

told you they’ve accepted it (having had enough opportunity to inspect the item before confirming they’ve received it)
    altered the item

You’ll have to agree to a repair or replacement if a customer returns an item within 6 months - unless you can prove it wasn’t faulty when they bought it.

Businesses may require customers to prove the item was faulty when they bought it if they ask for a repair or replacement after 6 months of purchase.

Customers have up to 6 years to make a claim for an item they’ve bought from you (5 years in Scotland).
Warranties and guarantees

If a customer has a warranty or guarantee, this doesn’t affect their right to free repairs or a replacement.

This means if a customer’s guarantee or warranty has run out, you may still have to repair or replace the item.
Proof of purchase

You can ask the customer for proof that they bought the item from you. This could be a sales receipt or other evidence such as a bank statement or packaging.
Items returned by someone other than the buyer

You only have to accept returns from the person who bought the item.
Penalties for displaying notices

It’s illegal to display any notice that deliberately misleads consumers or deceives them about their rights - for example, a sign that says you don’t accept returns or offer refunds.

Download information from the OFT and Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) on how consumers are protected from unfair trading practices.

Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:46:54 PM

He is breaking the law. So I am protected even if I am a muppet.  Smiley
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:48:33 PM

Why must you create another thread about this?
We can read other threads you know, we know you have voided your warranty by overclocking it
What are you expecting to achieve from this thread?

TBH i think your problem is your unhappy with the amount of coins there minning at the current difficulty,i did warn people before christmas that these have about 1 or 2 months left before no profit is made back,its not even worth burning the electricity to run these right now.

I never void the warranty. I didn't even overclock it. I can take the two miners to court. And they can see they have never been tampered.  Smiley
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:51:13 PM

u broke product warranty ... go cry in a corner now
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:48:26 PM

To anyone reading this, please completly ignore this user. He overclocked the units, which is against warranty and is now seeking a refund from mining hardware UK . If that isn't enough he also opened at least one of the units up and replaced the fans, which again is against warranty. Oh and both of those are against terms and conditions which to my knowledge every user has to accept before purchasing.
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:08:30 AM

u broke product warranty ... go cry in a corner now

Warranty only come in when if ask for an exchange. I am asking for a refund. Under the UK law, he must refund.
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:09:42 AM

To anyone reading this, please completly ignore this user. He overclocked the units, which is against warranty and is now seeking a refund from mining hardware UK . If that isn't enough he also opened at least one of the units up and replaced the fans, which again is against warranty. Oh and both of those are against terms and conditions which to my knowledge every user has to accept before purchasing.

He said they can be overclocked to 230, it can't be overclocked to 230 GH/s. So these miners are not sold as described.
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:12:37 AM

Also one of the miner was dead on arrival. It doesn't even work. And he is not going to refund that either? I told him that as soon as I got it. He agreed for a replacement, and now he is not going to refund or exchange this. Who is wrong here?
Malexo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:58:28 AM

Also one of the miner was dead on arrival. It doesn't even work. And he is not going to refund that either? I told him that as soon as I got it. He agreed for a replacement, and now he is not going to refund or exchange this. Who is wrong here?

hard to tell who is telling the truth but it seems like you are being unreasomable if you suggest they return a device you overclocked and theyre being unreasonable if thyey wont' return a device that was doa... so who is telling the truth?
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:25:41 AM

hard to tell who is telling the truth but it seems like you are being unreasomable if you suggest they return a device you overclocked and theyre being unreasonable if thyey wont' return a device that was doa... so who is telling the truth?

I have purchased 2 miner. 2nd one came dead on arrival. I never overclocked them. He can check the miner, they are never been tamper with, Also the screenshot I took, was from a enumerator in my Linux PC when it showed the overclocked numbers. I never actually overclocked the miner itself.

Also they are really noisy, I ready got complaints from neighborer to the Police. They came and made me turn them off.

So now I have so 2 useless box sitting in my house.

Also as I said before the 2 miners was not sold as described on the website. I contacted the Trading Standard Service on the phone, they told me MiningHardware must refund, as it is the law. I contacted NineLives, and he just said because I am complaining so much on this forum. He will give me jack shit.

So now I am taken my lawyer and the Trading Standard Service's advice. We are going to give him one last chance.
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:33:17 AM

Don't buy from this scammer. This seller will put you on his ignore list, when he didn't deliver the correct goods you paid for!! He even threaten me on the phone many times that he got my home address and he will get someone to burn my house down and phoning me with an withheld phone number in the middle of the night, and hang up the phone when I tried to answer!! And he is saying all this things to his customer.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SCAMMER
NineLives

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:18:51 PM

NineLives, the 2 miners you sent me is not as described. I demand a full payment refund, which also includes the shipping it might cost me to return to you. I have consult my lawyer. and I am advised to report your company to the trading standard if you fail to comply. Also I want the refund as bitcoin.

I will send you a formal letter later, detailing the regulatory requirements which you must comply. As your term and conditions of your business does not comply to the UK trading standard.

Woooooww.  Where the hell did this come from?  I've just seen this.

You told me the fault on one of the units which we agreed to swap when UK stock arrives but nothing on the other?  Not even a telephone call?  And the first thing you do is threaten and demand your money back?  I'm shocked.  Call me.  You have our number and launch a complaint properly please so its dealt with in the correct manner.

I will send you a formal email tomorrow. I am not happy that the first miner can't be overclock as supplied, you told me that if I change the clock rate to 1600, this will get me to 230 GH/s, this is not the case. Therefore this item was sold to me not as described. Also the second miner is faulty, and can't even hash at all. I also see that this is not as described. Therefore I also want the refund for this one. I want payment back using bitcoin. I am letting you off, for the waste time I could have had if they are up to the desciption.

Kenshin,  this is now the final time I will reply to your slander and threats.  I think all members of this thread have had enough of you.  Let me make this simple:

A:  no one asked you to do anything.  No one asked you to open the unit and change the fans the very first day you got it?  I did not give you permission to firmware upgrade? I did not give you permission to overclock.  If a customer asks me on how to overclock, I will answer BUT I will follow by saying "THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY".  I remember telling you this but your answer was:  I DON'T CARE. More importantly, when did I tell you this?  In-fact, don't answer unless you can prove it.  I clearly can't remember telling you in writing to overclock and it won't break your warranty.

B:  go read the terms and conditions on our website:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk/en/content/3-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Do you see where it says +/- 10%.  It means the figure is estimated @ plus or minus 10% which is 207.  READDDDD

C:  why didn't you call me with your concerns or try and contact me regarding and expectation of 230GH/s?  You have my number too?  You could have easily expressed your concern via the correct channels?  I'm not a nasty guy and you pleasantly told everyone here that you appreciated me spending an hour with you via teamviwer weeks ago.  If you approached me with your over clock concern, I would have happily spoke to you.

Finally.  Your attempt of mining bitcoin then trying to offload will not work with your trading standards and law threat.  Terms and conditions were very carefully written and clear.  Any solicitor or trading standards who will have read it would have told you to read and absorb.  Throwing demands like that just doesn't work.
We all know what you did to your miners by telling us all how you customized the units.  How your firmware is custom etc etc.  Kenshin, quite simply, you have voided your warranty a long time ago.  And before you try and delete all your posts; its too late, I already made a copy a few days ago of everything on this thread and I believe the admins will also help to gain any communications if required.

So, I now recommend getting some proper advise to whom ever you need.  The law is also there to protect me from guys like you.  And yes, I understand law very well as we also own a law firm in the family business.
I will now ignore you on this thread and ask that you communicate by the correct channels if you do not agree to your warranty being broken.  If you continue to harass then I WILL pursue further action.

Once again, pickup the phone and call me if you want to express your concerns and options.  That is not hard!!!

Bitcoin Mining Hardware:   www.mininghardware.co.uk
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:34:49 PM

Irresponsible.....  Cry
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:51:23 PM

UPDATE  05/02/2013

New Self Moderated thread open due to popular demand.

A user called 'Kenshin' is trolling with abuse due to him breaking his own miner then trying to claim on the warranty after he advertised how he broke it and quite simply, very very annoying to all members.

Here is the old thread as reference:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370260

I am not a troll. I did not break my miner. NineLives didn't supply me with the miners which I ordered.

Due to popular demand? No one is going to buy from you.
martins

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 11:26:12 AM

I'm going now very confortable to know NineLives can delivery his miner to me when i travel to UK 22 of March, just because this troll has made my day! thanks Kenshin whatever your are you made me felling im doing a good business with NineLives! thnks mate!

Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:11:21 AM

I'm going now very confortable to know NineLives can delivery his miner to me when i travel to UK 22 of March, just because this troll has made my day! thanks Kenshin whatever your are you made me felling im doing a good business with NineLives! thnks mate!

I am not a troll. I am a dead miner. They promised to exchanged it. But he lied.

I thought I buy a ltd company, I will be dealing with someone who is honest. But that is not the case.

You just wait, if you want anything some him. He will show you his true color.
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:24:06 AM

A honest trader will give you a RMA number. When you wish to refund your items. MiningHardware doesn't do that. It is not running like any trading company. They have no knowledge of how to make a good customer service. They don't comply to UK trading standard or consumer regulation, which each company must follow.

I ordered 2 miners, they arrived as not describe. They refused to refund.

NineLives had made threatening photo call, to me and my family. Saying he knows people, and he will get some people round my house, and burn it down.

I feel like I am dealing with a gangster rather a trader.
clarkey2013

Activity: 310

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:16:03 PM

why delete your posts from the other thread Huh
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:49:22 PM

I have no idea why the moderator have deleted a lot of my posts either?
martins

Activity: 140

Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 02:18:45 PM

i had read your post mr Kenshin and i can tell your lier, trying to misguise a good trader, you just overhated your machine and burnt it! get over your fate and look to yourself first before point to someone esle you have 3 fingers pointing to you!

Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:34:02 PM

i had read your post mr Kenshin and i can tell your lier, trying to misguise a good trader, you just overhated your machine and burnt it! get over your fate and look to yourself first before point to someone esle you have 3 fingers pointing to you!

I haven't burn my machines, get the story straight, I got 2 machines which arrived, not looking or as described by the website.

One machine came, it didn't look like the one I bought. I never burn the machine. It is still here.

Second machine, was arrived dead on arrival. It was not working when it arrive.

So Mr Martin, you are wrong. And I have been advised that I will have to take this rouge trader to the civil court.
clarkey2013

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:37:09 PM

LOL! i am sure a Mod would confirm they didnt delete them and its you trying to cover your back   Roll Eyes
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:39:24 PM

LOL! i am sure a Mod would confirm they didnt delete them and its you trying to cover your back   Roll Eyes

Why ask me question, if you think you know the answer?  Roll Eyes

I am not covering no track.

BTW, I got a few people who are joining me to sue that company. Do you want to join us?
clarkey2013

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:11:24 AM

still haven't given us a straight answer on why you deleted your posts?

saying that i dont know why i am asking as anyone with any brain cell can figure it out that you are a compulsive lair.

good luck with whole sue/lawyer and trading standards business

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: