Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:00:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Revolutionary Mining Technology  (Read 8259 times)
greek_hephaestus

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:48:47 PM

It is not revolutionary at all.
It is power hungry and expensive.

20GHs Asic 28nm = 30W at the wall (max)
20Ghs Cloud Mining X 0,0339 = 0,678 BTC or 542 USD. And is available now.

And of course FGPA is an old story!!!
 So, where is the Revolution???

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nybbler905

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:12:33 PM

Since the contraversy has started ( and mis-spellings abound and not just by me, intentional or not )....

10" screen sometimes is still marked on items that measure that Diagonally so a 10" box can have a 10" screen and a border to hold it...

The reason I mentioned a ' USB ' version is to assist in the final design stage as it is clearly evedent in Icarus and other FPGA based developments that they went through USB/COM port controls for the MPU in the first few iterations of the ( equivalent of BIOS ) Firmware to work out the kinks in using TCP/IP protocol and command interpretations FROM a different device ( not using push buttons, etc, but using some shell connection from off the board to change settings ).  This can be a big hurdle.  It also lets you get most of the way to a final product to see if there is space for the WIFI/ZigBee connections prior to making a ' final board ' that just won't work due to self induced RF interferance.  It also lets you check where ( or if ) the board generates it's own RF that can kill 2.xGhz wireless.  As an added bonus, you could get the first boards out the door and in to miner's hands as a USB only model and see if they can get it wired up as stand alone.

having a dual core ARM M4/M0 means dual core Pi ( minus the non OpenCL GPU ) controlling individual FPGAs to ' dual mine ' with scrypt and SHA256d.

The big deal seems to be getting decent hash out of Altera V in such a small box for under 50W power AND a touch screen!!

I am not defending the company by any means, it's up to them to do so.  I'm also not attacking them, it's up to the trolls to do so.  Just re-stating parts of the claims to make some of the questions asked answered in a way that might be taken seriously.

Always looking for donations even as low as 1uBTC
14XfpYPdtYiGoEiDcKrSzuvBM3ukhwANUh - BTC
LS7FEfu9ajp3NQcDjui9TSKscwQesj9i8k - LTC
LHe9g5ixMyfdtqAEHU5vErG1eQrDshBFRW -Luckycoin
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:22:32 PM

It is not revolutionary at all.
It is power hungry and expensive.

20GHs Asic 28nm = 30W at the wall (max)
20Ghs Cloud Mining X 0,0339 = 0,678 BTC or 542 USD. And is available now.

And of course FGPA is an old story!!!
 So, where is the Revolution???

Δεν υπάρχει επανάσταση αδελφέ μην τo ψάχνεις.
Tα συγκεγκριμενα τσιπάκια/modules είναι της gridseed και τα αγoράζεις με $2K για 10, αλλά πάλι εξαιρετικά ακριβά.

Aφoύ αγoράζεις μια antminer με $1200 πoυ σoυ βγαζει περισσoτερά γιατί να ασχoληθείς?

studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:31:34 PM

10" screen sometimes is still marked on items that measure that Diagonally so a 10" box can have a 10" screen and a border to hold it...

indeed it can but a box that is 16cm x 10cm x 5cm cannot. In any way

BINTEX

Powered by,
velvethammer2

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:01:45 PM

what are your time-frames?

Did I Help?
BTC:   1CNjvKYdqXNmkNvt87fQSRbEftxsDanV1H
LTC:   LWUkLNiGTwBZkgKRH3VKuLvZHGVvjmxVXZ
MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:58:49 PM

Tα συγκεγκριμενα τσιπάκια/modules είναι της gridseed και τα αγoράζεις με $2K για 10, αλλά πάλι εξαιρετικά ακριβά.

Aφoύ αγoράζεις μια antminer με $1200 πoυ σoυ βγαζει περισσoτερά γιατί να ασχoληθείς?

in other words...  (according to google translate)

"There is no revolution brother not looking.
The sygkegkrimena chips / modules is the gridseed and buy with $ 2K for 10, but still extremely expensive.

After buying a antminer for $ 1200 you makes more why bother;"
Dagger75

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:08:39 PM

#1  His name is from friggin Pokemon  Roll Eyes  Aldur   Tongue
#2  From his writing, he appears to be an 18yo trying to sound like he is 40 and Mature
#3  Last year Tons of accounts were being bought from people who no longer needed or had several setup...the Older the Bitcointalk account then the more the Buyer paid and he was purchasing in bulk for "his Clients" lol

Can anyone Confirm they actually recognize or have talked to either of the 2 people that came to vouch for Mr. Aldur?  Maybe a couple friends do have an idea here, but I'm fairly certain this is either a scam or a project idea that can go no where due to funding And Lack of Skills.

This Crypto Community needs to stick together and become stronger as a whole.  It will not happen with all the Scum scammers looking to screw you anyway they can and don't even get me started on the damn Trolls from BTC-e Chat OMFG!

How about having the Nice and helpful guys actually come out ahead in this Community?  I can make a great friend and person to have on your Team but you sure as hell don't want to try and scam me or any of my friends because it won't be a very fun time...I'm sure this also goes for a good majority of the folks here too.

Just a little something for any potential scammers to think about, as well as any like-minded individuals here who would like to see this community evolve as a whole.  In the last 18 months or so, many old (and new) Crypto fans try to avoid this Forum partially from the influx of Scams not too mention there are Alot more Trolls under the bridge these days  Shocked

*This isn't meant as a Rant or to Preach*

>>>http://foundation.leafco.in/<<<  Please help support our cause

>>>A True Alt, with a True Purpose<<<  $$Leafcoin$$
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

in other words...  (according to google translate)

"There is no revolution brother not looking.
The sygkegkrimena chips / modules is the gridseed and buy with $ 2K for 10, but still extremely expensive.

After buying a antminer for $ 1200 you makes more why bother;"

No in other words...

The is no revolution here bro.
These chips are made by Gridseed and you can get 10 of them for $2K, yet still too expensive.
If you can get an Antminer for $1200 which makes you more so why bother?

Also Antminers are expected to drop price by FEB08
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:50:14 PM

for the glory of mspaint!

so its another Gridchip?
SVK

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:03:41 PM

#1  His name is from friggin Pokemon  Roll Eyes  Aldur   Tongue
#2  From his writing, he appears to be an 18yo trying to sound like he is 40 and Mature
#3  Last year Tons of accounts were being bought from people who no longer needed or had several setup...the Older the Bitcointalk account then the more the Buyer paid and he was purchasing in bulk for "his Clients" lol

Can anyone Confirm they actually recognize or have talked to either of the 2 people that came to vouch for Mr. Aldur?  Maybe a couple friends do have an idea here, but I'm fairly certain this is either a scam or a project idea that can go no where due to funding And Lack of Skills.

This Crypto Community needs to stick together and become stronger as a whole.  It will not happen with all the Scum scammers looking to screw you anyway they can and don't even get me started on the damn Trolls from BTC-e Chat OMFG!

How about having the Nice and helpful guys actually come out ahead in this Community?  I can make a great friend and person to have on your Team but you sure as hell don't want to try and scam me or any of my friends because it won't be a very fun time...I'm sure this also goes for a good majority of the folks here too.

Just a little something for any potential scammers to think about, as well as any like-minded individuals here who would like to see this community evolve as a whole.  In the last 18 months or so, many old (and new) Crypto fans try to avoid this Forum partially from the influx of Scams not too mention there are Alot more Trolls under the bridge these days  Shocked

*This isn't meant as a Rant or to Preach*

I have done couple of trades with Azelphur and all went smoothly BUT I wasn't aware of this project(we do not talk to each other every day).
As to Aldur I don't know him at all but I wish them all the best with this project.
nytrolic

Activity: 165

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:14:49 PM

I doubt it's a scam since they are a limited company and have provided a company number:

Name & Registered Office:
BITEX LTD
5 FOWEY AVENUE
ILFORD
ESSEX
UNITED KINGDOM
IG4 5JT
Company No. 08719832

Date of Incorporation: 07/10/2013

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC):
None Supplied

And their whois details are not hidden:
http://whois.domaintools.com/bitex.co.uk

Would suggest they have nothing to hide, also they are not currently asking for any money for pre-orders.

Just wait for updates and see what happens, if you don't send them any money the worst that can happen is they either don't deliver at all, or they deliver an over priced under performing piece of hardware, in which case you either buy one or just walk away with no harm done.

I know this place likes to jump on new hardware threads with pitchforks ablaze, but just calm down, stop make assumptions and just WAIT.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
tslimx

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:06:22 AM

interested in the mentioning of primecoin, can't wait to hear more about this.
redmonski

Activity: 201

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:58:35 AM

Even if this is a legit company, does anyone think it makes sense to pursue this project once their competitor starts shipping.
My point is they don't have enough differentiation with their major competitor and while their project is still in development the other one is already shipping to customers and we know how important time is in mining.

My feeling is, people are wasting their time proving whether this company is legit or not, when in fact they're missing out something more important.

My suggestion is they should initiate a project that is a significant improvement over the competition.

Just my two cents.  Smiley

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░▄▀▀░▄▀▀▄░█░░░▄▀▀░▄▀▀▄░▀░█▄░█                           ✦ Crypto For The Layman ✦  •  ✦ Blockchain in a Safe Box ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░█▀▀█░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░█░▀█      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░▀██░█░░█░███░▀██░▀██▀░█░█░░█         【Please mine on [url=https://pool.pascalpool.org/#
/]PASA 94028-93
brontosaurus

Activity: 441

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:09:49 AM

You say that it's a completely different design, yet, it's already been done, with the same exact specs I might add.

GridSeed is already starting work on their second generation chips while working out the kinks of the first gen.

If you guys are not using those chips, could you please go into some details as to what you are using/designing?

I will happily explain to the best of my knowledge, however our architect will probably be able to answer more to your satisfaction so I will also forward your query on and get a response from him as well.  If you review the specification I listed both here on this forum, you will notice that we are using Altera Cyclone V GX Chips, and we are using the top level of this chip as well to provide the best possible performance we can.  In a very simplistic way the core difference between the MK.I and MK.II devices is that the MK.1 will include two boards with two Altera Chips, this accounts for the 2 Crypto Stream Concurrency we are offering on this device, likewise the MK.II is made up of four of these boards. Accounting for the opportunity to based on the most profitable coins Mine up to 4 different coins at once or any combination.  Initially we will not be offering the possibility to mine  multiple coin threads per board e.g. S-Crypt and SHA-256 from a single chip as there are some major complexities this poses. That's not to say we wont develop this in the future. but its not a feature on the immediate road map.  So essentially with a MK.I device the following would be possible:

Board 1: Merged Mine Sha-256 Coin
Board 2: Merged Mine S-crypt Coins

Or

Board 1: Merged Mine S-crypt Coins
Board 2: Mine XPM

Or any combination, these will also support any future stream updates we release for our systems.  We are aiming to deliver additional streams for release but cannot at this time commit to any one in particular.  We are also in the process of developing a multi-protocol pool, were we will offer customers the right to merged mine any stream which we support going forward, with no mining fee's charged to them for their devices.

The other part that makes our device unique is the system that will be controlled by the ARM processor this will provide the functionality for new instances of existing streams to be dynamically added by the user, or even added on an API call from say http://www.coinwarz.com/, so both units have already got both SHA-256 and SCRYPT streams working.  This system will also allow users to specify mining rules and profitability rules, software based on a trading bot I wrote back when I  initially started out in bitcoin.  And all our systems will offer an interface for you to develop or own tools and software to either integrate or bypass these features.

I have more than a slight problem with the concept of 2 (or even 4)  Altera Cyclone V GX being able to process 10GH/sec on sha256.

The maximum number of pipelines you could squeeze onto the device - even with 'hard' cores is about 3, so even on the very best case scenario of running at 450Mhz clock, the best you're going to get is 1.2GH/sec, 4 or 2 times lower than your spec.

So there is something seriously wrong with your specifications, unless you're using 8 chips but since they cost in medium volume about $175 each, then $1400 of your device cost is FPGA's.

Your sums simply don't add up.
krampus

Activity: 98

Village Idiot

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:21:48 PM

My point is they don't have enough differentiation with their major competitor

That's ridiculous. They've got ZigBee!

Roll Eyes

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
durden21

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:58:51 AM

That's what Google Street shows at that address.

Some crypto undies.https://i.imgur.com/FvUyQO9.jpg?1
kramble

Activity: 384

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 11:43:35 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 02:22:19 PM by kramble

I have more than a slight problem with the concept of 2 (or even 4)  Altera Cyclone V GX being able to process 10GH/sec on sha256.

The maximum number of pipelines you could squeeze onto the device - even with 'hard' cores is about 3, so even on the very best case scenario of running at 450Mhz clock, the best you're going to get is 1.2GH/sec, 4 or 2 times lower than your spec.

So there is something seriously wrong with your specifications, unless you're using 8 chips but since they cost in medium volume about $175 each, then $1400 of your device cost is FPGA's.

Your sums simply don't add up.

Let's try to put some figures on this. The Cyclone V range specification is here. The largest GX device is the 5CGXC9 with 301kLE and 12.2 Mbit RAM.

For SHA256 performance, from the Open Source FPGA Miner project, we can estimate around 400Mhash/sec from this device. So 10GHash/sec will require 25 devices (at several $100 each).

For scrypt, the embedded memory is the key parameter. 12Mbit will provide 12 full scratchpads (and some multiple of hashing threads using an appropriate TMTO/LOOKUP_GAP). I would estimate perhaps 50 to 100kHash/sec for this device. So at the higher end of that range, 30 devices should provide 3MHash/sec, which is reassuringly similar to the figure obtained above for sha256.

For XPM (primecoin) I have yet to see a working GPU implementation, let alone FPGA (or ASIC) and I am sceptical that it is possible at all with the current generation of FPGA devices (it needs far too much RAM).

The power estimate (50Watts) seems a little on the low side, as does the prospect of shoehorning all those chips, plus heatsinking into a tiny 16x10x5 cm box (6x4x2 inches for the metrically challenged).

Then again, the spec only says its using a dual core ARM plus Cyclone V GX, perhaps these are just support chips and the hash engine is an off the shelf ASIC (eg GridSeed's device), this would make a lot more sense, though it would be a little disingenuous not to admit this up front.
EDIT: I'll strike that as Aldur1 has stated that two (or four?) Cyclone V GX devices are to be used for hashing (I missed that quote originally). Methinks that Aldur1 has misplaced a decimal point in his performance calculations.

Github https://github.com/kramble BLC BkRaMaRkw3NeyzsZ2zUgXsNLogVVkQ1iPV
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:27:06 PM

Quote from: Sonny on Today at 09:56:42 AM
No offense, but I can't really take it seriously when I can only see the 3D render.
This is not even 3D render but a rough sketch done in 5 minutes.

Yes this one was rather rushed from we wanted a different image to show the minor differences in the unit for a meeting with a UK based Mining hardware shop that have expressed interest in our boards.  Unfortunately they did not make the meeting and the image was unnecessarily rushed, but I am meeting with them later today, and we hope to show them a demo of our software and we are hoping they will agree to partner with us in this project.  More news soon.

OK, no problem.
I guess I will reassess the situation after you provide us some pics and more details.  Smiley
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:34:31 AM

I've changed my mind... This can't be a scam:

Product render: too sketchy, stick figures
Tech Details: half-baked, wrong info

If this were really a scam, they'd have done a better job. I mean, they'd have produced a slick looking product pictures and provided a believable technical details. They have done neither; in fact, they deliberately did the opposite.

I am sorry for calling this "scam" and I'd like to apologize to the OP and his crew. I think you guys are legit.

No, I am not being sarcastic. I really think these guys are legit at this point.
abyichan

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:00:10 PM

so when can preorder and the first delivery took place
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: