Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:08:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do Altcoins offer that Bitcoin does not?  (Read 389 times)
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 03:38:05 PM

Altcoins possess much of the same applicability of Bitcoin but many offer something else as well. Some of them are faster, some are more anonymous, some provide better investment options, some are more volatile and thus are more advantageous in terms of trading.
I have high regards that Altcoins surely outpass Bitcoins in many ways. What do you think guys?

do not get too hooked on the ICO project that gives you all the convenience, with promising variations for the future of blockchain, especially if they do not have relevant evidence to develop, choose one that has a focus on one goal.

Mt. Dempo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:44:39 PM

indeed if we see of the feature then bitcoin does not have the advantages possessed by altcoin. but if we think about decentralization then bitcoin has qualified and bitcoin is the forerunner of all altcoin. may be the main question is, whether bitcoin should have features or advantages of altcoin? I do not think so.

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵  Agareum  🔵  Multiplayer gaming platform, gamified version of an airdrop  🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
https://agareum.com
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:48:32 PM

I see altcoins are giving more profit these days. They are having low values and you can make more investment in terms quantities of the coin. I mean look at the math here. When you invest your thousand dollars in the bitcoin then you get specific amount of satoshi's and when the spiking occurs for the bitcoin then the interest that you get in return is very less as the value is giant for the bitcoin. When same thing is done for the altcoins then you can get numerous quantity of the altcoin itself and when they hike then your ROI increases as well. So I believe that altcoins are better investment than the bitcoin.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:27:34 PM

Altcoins possess much of the same applicability of Bitcoin but many offer something else as well. Some of them are faster, some are more anonymous, some provide better investment options, some are more volatile and thus are more advantageous in terms of trading.
I have high regards that Altcoins surely outpass Bitcoins in many ways. What do you think guys?
Altcoins are discovered after the success of Bitcoin. Altcoin are made on the concept of Bitcoin. Altcoin are made to cover the disadvantage of Bitcoin. There are some bitcoin have the potential to overcome the popularity and profit of Bitcoin. Altcoin offer better money transaction facility then Bitcoin. Altcoin clear more transaction then Bitcoin with fast processing then Bitcoin. Altcoin is more stable the bitcoin. Altcoin price is less influence.  So many investors choose altcoins for long term investment.  Smiley
Anchor867

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:31:03 PM

Bitcoin is one only and the true leader and the altcoins do have options unlike with single bitcoin but still they cannot beat bitcoin alone. You can earn altcoins multiple like a two or so and this is the diffrence
Blina

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 04:42:56 PM

The emergence of new crypto-currencies created a competitive environment in the virtual money market, and this contributed to its promotion and development. To advantageously stand out among their competitors, developers try to add unique properties and good potential to their crypto-currencies.

jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 04:48:09 PM

Totally different utility. Bitcoin is a ledger in away, to be used as a currency. There are many other blockchains to be used for different purposes, and altcoins that are not currencies but utility tokens, that perform a function in a network (or power a dApp for example). Many of this projects could potentially change the world as we know it.
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:50:03 PM

yes altcoin will be used more transact than bitcoin because bitcoin is getting expensive and blockchain gets denser making it slower to transact, altcoin is very much with their respective features and bitcoin will still be BTC king as the value of the required asset
H0USE

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:00:17 PM

Yes there are features that altcoin offer that btc cannot offer like many tokens from ICO offer various different utilities to public.But btc is not going to be replaced in future due to being crypto pioneer and it has built the faith and technology over these years.
bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:00:43 PM

The diversity of altcoin can be a bitcoin enhancer but I see that bitcoin is the mother of all altcoins that can affect the price. And this has become a vast field in the application of blockchain technology.
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:15:28 PM

many people began switching to altcoin. even the new investors also choose more altcoin than the bitcoin. the main problem is certainly the bitcoin is already too expensive. bitcoin development and indeed the price is very good, but of course, this can only be enjoyed great results by investors that also have large capital.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:57:10 PM

If it surpassed bitcoin in so many ways you are forgetting of one thing and that is the market cap.

Bitcoin is still the most in demand coin so that can never be surpassed, these coins are all came into one idea and they are just upgrading or adding some features that bitcoin doesn't have. But it will never change the real thing that bitcoin is still the best and has the biggest market cap.

Come on, everyone knows that USD has even bigger cap than BTC, but still all crypto-enthusiasts here believe that crypto will one day replace fiat. Isn't it wierd and doesn't it sound unrealistic? Yes, it actually does.
You are getting out of the topic and I never said that bitcoin will replace fiat on this thread.

We are talking about USD and bitcoin here so how come that USD came into the discussion, is it a crypto now too?

So what does stop you from believing that some altcoin will one day replace BTC?
I don't really think that there will be as of the moment.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ashley_49

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:43:52 PM

Actually new investors cannot decide about where to invest as they are new here and the market is full of numerous coins but not all are good. Bitcoin is the first coin in the market and is doing good continuously over the years.it has stability as well as reliability than any other coins operating in the market.
godfredmanu

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:51:02 PM

Alternative currency is an option to what bitcoins can't offer. altcoins are the utilities that power blockchain more than bitcoins. Bitcoins with its scalability problem can't fulfilled some purposes that some alt coins are now offering

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:52:14 PM

First and foremost, altcoins is way cheaper compared to btc that's worth thousand of bucks. Investors are just being practical. Fee is also cheaper and faster. I also saw in one thread that for him/her altcoin trading is more profitable as that guy makes more profit on altcoin trading. Well, I agree with that since I believe, high risk, high profit in return.
novita_gendut

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:34:03 AM

which I know with altcoin we can choose because in altcoin many options we can  invest in promising altcoin or we invest in the long term and so bitcoin is very expensive and many people prefer to invest in Altcoin because some altcoin have good growth and can be profitable in the near future

bananaunana

Activity: 321
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:40:15 AM

Altcoins are quite different. Different functions, different histories and different futures. Here are some of them:

DOGE - who knows not about Dogecoin - started as a joke and now it's one of the most famos ones
LTC - Litecoin is an alternative to Bitcoin - faster transaction but not so implemented like Bitcoin
BNB - coin from Binance and used on it's exchange. Big rise in value since ICO in 2017
can be continued, there are so many.

So you can choose your favourite one.  Wink
Raiden0729

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:44:38 AM

Actually new investors cannot decide about where to invest as they are new here and the market is full of numerous coins but not all are good. Bitcoin is the first coin in the market and is doing good continuously over the years.it has stability as well as reliability than any other coins operating in the market.
Speaking of the first cryptocurrency that has been deployed in the market, it is also the most exposed cryptocurrency all over the world, that is why bitcoin's market is very active.
Mike Tyson

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:03:37 AM

In my opinion, In some perspectives, altcoins provide better facilities than BTC there is also a stable price,
and there is also better investment for trading as well in some better cost perspective and provide high trading advantages.

allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:16:28 AM

Bitcoin was the first one but now many altcoins would be much better to use for real day to day transakrions. Much faster speed and much lower fees making some alts much more attractive then bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: