Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:27:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do Altcoins offer that Bitcoin does not?  (Read 389 times)
lena1

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:38:59 AM

Not all people can afford to invest in bitcoin now, so they invest in more promising altcoins!
kl8847

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:39:26 AM

The more risk, the increadible volatility and jumps. It can fall to zero on one day and go x10 in one night, lol! The bigger opportunities with ICOs
salinagomez

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:11:51 AM

Yes, you are partially right. There are many sides through which it might appear that altcoins provides for benefits than Bitcoin. But in the long run, Bitcoin is safer and provides you with more benefits.
WAKKOCAI

Activity: 252

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:41:22 AM

Well, this is a rather difficult comparison, even because Bitcoin is one and now there are more than 1600 of alts.. I think that there are altcoins that are really stronger in a number of technical characteristics, but their capitalization can not be compared with the capitalization of Bitcoin ..

Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:47:31 AM

The only thing I could think of what altcoins have that bitcoin doesn’t have now would be its fast transaction and less confirmation, which is what the people are looking for as of the moment.

kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:54:02 PM

so why do altcoins are created? if you look in the internet you will read that altcoins are created after the success of bitcoin. they emerge to improve the flaws of bitcoin as well as to compete with it.
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:06:53 PM

The only thing I could think of what altcoins have that bitcoin doesn’t have now would be its fast transaction and less confirmation, which is what the people are looking for as of the moment.
Altcoins were clearly created to push further the potential of blockchain. However these improvement claims like faster and cheaper transactions remain to be unverified until these altcoins operate on the same scale as bitcoin. Because alts being less popular, process transactions quickly as a result less people using it which gives it the illusion of being faster.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:01:14 PM

Well, this is a rather difficult comparison, even because Bitcoin is one and now there are more than 1600 of alts.. I think that there are altcoins that are really stronger in a number of technical characteristics, but their capitalization can not be compared with the capitalization of Bitcoin ..

tell me about some of these technical characteristics

michael23

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:05:04 PM

I think that Bitcoin and Ethereum have a great influence on the cryptocurrency market at the moment. In these coins I see the meaning, and use them quite convenient in all respects.
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:53:25 PM

I dont think altcoin out pass bitcoin in any ways because the altcoin are still trade against bitcoin and they also follow the protocols led by bitcoin creator but the aspect where altcoin only out pass bitcoin was in terms of transaction/network fee and they get the idea from what other developers said we cause bitcoin for Bitcoin in future.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
4garret

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:16:02 AM

Of course such variables will affect the price of an Altcoin, but it seems the effect is not large enough to approach Bitcoin.
Because of course other variables such as market share or supply amount are also other influences.
zbaharudin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:26:25 AM

Yes in reality the technology continues to innovate. But this is also not an easy thing for Altcoin, because they will beat each other first. And if we compare with Bitcoin, it looks like Bitcoin is on a different level.
pidobir

Activity: 446

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:32:27 AM

You're right. some altcoins are more advanced than bitcoin. But bitcoin is used by whales who have a lot of money. So now the main thing is bitcoin

R3ffun

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:35:23 AM

maybe yeah, Altcoins will outpass Bitcoins, because bitcoin is super expensive. most of the people are failing to invest in bitcoin because of high price, people are going for altcoin that's why
other than the expensiveness of the coin, altcoins provide a specific purpose for their coin. For example, LYMPO uses their token to monetize your fitness goals and reward you with LYM tokens, Ripple is a banking support platform mainly about growing projects and long term investments. Do you get where i'm getting at? Altcoins are crypto that are different from each other, making them "alternates" or "variants" for bitcoin.

Ethereum is a fairly high Altcoin with the ever-increasing development that makes Ethereum make the flagship coin and refuse Bitcoin present. thus indicating that Ethereum is indeed the best coin to have from now on until the future. and able to become a flagship coin like Bitcoin today to make it a valuable coin in the future.
solovalley

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:41:21 AM

Perhaps technology is always evolving, and the new Altcoin will emerge. And of course Bitcoin inspires everyone, that crypto promises the future. Of course Altcoin should be better than Bitcoin, because otherwise it may not be attractive to investors anymore.
fiorilia

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:07:17 AM

altcoin has a low price so it has the movement and can generate profit quickly as well. Moreover, altcoin is still cheap and will certainly be more and more devotees are due to be matched with an investor who has a low capital investment to get started. However, Bitcoin remains the best because its development is always better than altcoin.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:20:11 AM

Each alt has its own unique purpose and though following bitcoin, no one foresaw them as clones, only taking up a great idea to use innovative tech and create uniquely enhanced projects.
kamudd

Activity: 466

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:31:21 AM

there are many different types of altcoin with their respective offerings and goals, though altcoin will stay on bitcoin so bitcoin will remain number one.

michellee

Activity: 2800
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:40:45 AM

I am not sure that altcoin will outpass bitcoin because I think each of altcoin has different function and it's only a small part function that is already bitcoin has. I think people choose altcoin to help them to make more bitcoin because people know that the altcoin have a big list and they have a big chance to make a profit in bitcoin. and if they can collect much of bitcoin, they can sell the bitcoin if the price of bitcoin is increasing and they can use it for buy another altcoin.

kma.deno

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:12:04 PM

Altcoin is not a single coin like Bitcoin. There are many coin having different features in altcoin which variation Bitcoin cannot provide. Bitcoin too has some features which are not available in alts
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: