Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:09:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for developers for a new SPV wallet.  (Read 1073 times)
bardi.harborow (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:09:10 AM

I'm looking to create a new wallet. I could do it all myself, but I figured there would be someone out there who would like to help.

Requirements:
  • Can we please have a wallet that looks nice, something like HiveWallet.
  • A choose around fees. Yes you can chuck as many warnings as you want but get let us have the final choice!
  • Relay headers over a P2P network (i'm told some SPV wallets already do this)
  • Improved security via spot-checks (explained here but the hash bit is gibberish to me, there must be a simpler way that doesn't require changes to blocks).
  • It would be nice for balance lookups (ie. getting all relevant TX) to go through the p2p network to either full nodes or to lots of spot-checking nodes.
  • Support for multiple cryptocurrencys. Cryptocurrencys would be added through a config file with chain params, checkpoints, address format, etc... You many have them on seperate p2p networks or have peers shared through 1 central network.
  • Operate a JSON RPC daemon with either the current bitcoind calls or a improved set (I've always found them to be clunky).
  • Feel free to add to this list.

Hopefully someone won't point out two minutes after I post this that what I want already exists, well that would be good, but it would be embarrassing. I would try to improve and expand this post, but I think it serves it's purpose, which is to get a discussion going.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hivewallet

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 06:17:26 AM

Why not help us improve Hive with some of those features?

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
ganabb

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:09:24 AM

I can help you create a new wallet if you let me name the wallet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: