View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 06:27:47 AM

I love DoubleC, he's a great guy but he is getting just plain nervous here.

No need to close his exchanges, even Namecoin till 19100.

Ixcoin, I0coin and Solidcoin have the same "Time Travel" exploit that Geist Geld had.

ArtForz discovered the exploit and the subsequent fix. The Admins of the respective coins can contact ArtForz or Lolcust for the patch.
The fix was was tested several times, it passed.

Namecoin has an exploit peculiar to NMC.

Say what you want, but there has been more collective cooperation going on in Namecoin in the past 48 hours than in the 90 days combined while it stagnated and died, thanks to this.

Finally the best part, Coinhunter was put in check.

Again, IXcoin and I0coin are in no threat and can be fixed rather easy.

BCX

This all coming from someone who has claimed to be purely about profit? Yeah thanks but no thanks.

Precautions are in place for a reason. Think what you want but given your recent trolling and touting DoubleC is just doing what he thinks is right in the current situation.

Stop backpedaling on your statements. Just go about your business with you 68GH/s.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 07:28:01 AM

BitcoinEXpress, can you release the fix so people can fix the so called "open source" Solidcoin (aka no crappy licence changes from RealSolid) and we can blow off RealSolid and his next fork he is planning.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:20:19 AM

The timetraveller eviction fix can be trivially copypasted from Geist Geld git.

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:37:48 AM

In previous posts BitcoinEXpress has said he would attack other chains. Obviously this puts any exchange on those chains at risk hence my stopping deposits and withdrawals in the meantime. If you outline your so called "checkpoint hopping" exploit and other chain attacks for the chain authors to provide solutions for I can consider re-opening them. In the meantime they'll remained closed until I'm confident that a safe way for people to withdraw the funds is available. If you want them opened quicker I suggest you contact the chain authors to fix them.

In posts on the namecoin forums you've stated that amicable resolutions can be reached and implied that if I open an exchange for the GG chain you wouldn't attack namecoin. You even emailed me personally recently asking me to open a GG exchange. Why would I want to run any exchange with the issues you profess plans to exploit existing?

Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 09:01:17 AM

In previous posts BitcoinEXpress has said he would attack other chains. Obviously this puts any exchange on those chains at risk hence my stopping deposits and withdrawals in the meantime. If you outline your so called "checkpoint hopping" exploit and other chain attacks for the chain authors to provide solutions for I can consider re-opening them. In the meantime they'll remained closed until I'm confident that a safe way for people to withdraw the funds is available. If you want them opened quicker I suggest you contact the chain authors to fix them.

In posts on the namecoin forums you've stated that amicable resolutions can be reached and implied that if I open an exchange for the GG chain you wouldn't attack namecoin. You even emailed me personally recently asking me to open a GG exchange. Why would I want to run any exchange with the issues you profess plans to exploit existing?

+1 Well said. Seems BCX is still wanting an exchange for GG from DoubleC yet he makes idle (so far) threats about attacking chains that DoubleC manages exchanges for.
Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 09:34:42 AM

Read: No GG exchange until all of this BS blows over.
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 12:43:19 PM

He says they arent under threat like he is the only jerk on the planet. It is a well known exploit now. Bitcoinexpress arrogance is mind numbing. and personally I wouldnt open an exchange for a coin that was gamed by hackers, and that helped teach dicks how to launch an attack on the communities, totally screwing with peoples investments. People were upset at the premined coins on ixcoin? you should see the shit they did to geist geld.  There is a way to point out exploits and a way to be a dick, bitcoinexpress choice the latter.

mooo for rent
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 12:53:42 PM

Bitcoinexpress arrogance is mind numbing. and personally I wouldnt open an exchange for a coin that was gamed by hackers, and that helped teach dicks how to launch an attack on the communities, totally screwing with peoples investments. People were upset at the premined coins on ixcoin? you should see the shit they did to geist geld.  There is a way to point out exploits and a way to be a dick, bitcoinexpress choice the latter.

1)

I doubt you can blame GG for "teaching" hackers any more than you could blame Bitcoins for bypassing some local regulations or smth.

It's not like blockchain is an AI

2)
*cough*

there was a reset.

*cough*

Also, GG is so far the only chain that implements full suite of ArtForz's "timetravel prevention" fixes (both narrowed down accept window and fixed readjustment "hole")

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
Lupus_Yonderboy

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 01:21:34 PM

For now...
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 01:33:01 PM

Bitcoinexpress arrogance is mind numbing. and personally I wouldnt open an exchange for a coin that was gamed by hackers, and that helped teach dicks how to launch an attack on the communities, totally screwing with peoples investments. People were upset at the premined coins on ixcoin? you should see the shit they did to geist geld.  There is a way to point out exploits and a way to be a dick, bitcoinexpress choice the latter.

1)

I doubt you can blame GG for "teaching" hackers any more than you could blame Bitcoins for bypassing some local regulations or smth.

2)
*cough*

there was a reset.

*cough*

Also, GG is so far the only chain that implements full suite of ArtForz's "timetravel prevention" fixes (both narrowed down accept window and fixed readjustment "hole")

Sorry I saw no announcement that it was reset, nor any assurances that the hackers cant use their coins that they got from gaming geistgeld.

I simply dont trust it. Maybe doubleC does, but I think it would be screwed up for him to open an exchange for geistgeld before  the other coins get fixed, otherwise he is just helping the hackers that forced him to shut down his other exchanges and that would be retarded.

mooo for rent
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 01:36:31 PM

Well, new genesis block is assurance enough, as far as I can tell Smiley

I don't have any fundamental objections to having the exchange process start in unison with other coins, though the fact that fixing some of those coins might take no small amount of time due to how slow their blocks are coming through is sad.

Feed the Lolcust!
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 02:25:45 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2011, 02:50:45 PM by caston

joulesbeef: I like that you are standing up on this one. I am a little pissed off but I just see it as natural selection and evolution. At least this exploit is not a 0day traded in closed circles that we didn't find about months after its been in a wild...

The next generation of alternate block chains will learn from the current generations and we will likely see multi-chaining and licensed mining (with licensed hash rate)  in the future in addition to these new security features. It may even be possible to have a steady block rate but fast transfer of coins.

I would like to see licensed mining applied to the problem of helping people pay off their green power generation equipment with the introduction of ecocoin. Mining is licensed and you must prove you have bought solar panels or wind turbines to get a license and your mining rig must be hooked up this equipment and not the traditional grid. e.g. if your solar panel produces enough to run a dual FPGA you are licensed to mine the mhash that dual FPGA produces. There will be some kind of smart meter to verify the solar panels are being used with a backup of "dob in a mate" if people start gaming that. If people are found to be gaming it they lose their license and are told to go back to mining BTC.

As it grows to things such as molten salt solar and wind generation for 24 hour power people will be able to generate eco coins and sell them to pay off their gear making the time to pay off the green energy much faster than it is currently.

People may occupy sections of otherwise dry barren desert land and setup parabolic and molten solar or geothermal there for the purpose of generating ecocoins. These coins can be sold to deliver ROI. These could be setup in developing nations and the proceeds used to help feed starving people such as in Somalia.

Their use as a currency will allow them to have a means of exchange to develop their local and sustainable economies.

Men that are brave enough to implement this (in underdeveloped nations) could find themselves with multiple wives if they so desire Wink

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: