Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:54:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Although he has nothing to do with geist geld besides training there and mining a ton of coins, should doubleC open up a geist geld exchange while all the other exchanges are closed due to bitcoinexpress?  (Voting closed: September 21, 2011, 01:43:31 PM)
Yes geistgeld has nothing to do with bitcoinexpress and I dont care if he profits from it. - 12 (35.3%)
It seems unfair when a hacker who holds  a ton of geist gelds, gets all other exchanges closed down, why should he profit while everyone else has to wait for fixes? - 22 (64.7%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DO you think doubleC should open an exchange for geistgeld w/ the btcexpress sit  (Read 2418 times)
joulesbeef (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 01:43:31 PM

I think You can guess my answer and sorry to Lolcust but the guy who is terrorizing the other chains, is a founding miner on geist geld. Seems like it would just encourage more of this behavior and would be unfair to those who are locked out of their investments, possibly going to lose their investments, for doubleC to open a geist geld exchange that would benefit bitcoin express, while everyone else has to wait for fixes due to bitcoinexpress.   The guy has caused a ton of pool ops headaches, a ton of miners headaches, a ton of investers headaches and doubleC some headaches(ok maybe for doubleC some reduction of headaches, but I bet he is getting a shit ton of emails and pms) why encourage more of this by having him profit so soon after disrupting the entire community?

I could be in the minority here, Geist geld does not have anything officially to do with bitcoin express, bitcoin express probably has other coins as well.  Maybe you dont care. So vote. just note that if you vote yes, you will be helping someone who had mined geist gelds at 0 hour and as such is a major holder of the coins, someone who probably screwed up your investments and time.

mooo for rent

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 01:47:22 PM

Um, I am the founding miner of Geist Geld

I mined the Genesis block Smiley and ~200 blocks afterwards. Just   ensuring technical details are being straight. Carry on Smiley

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
xzion

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 02:12:21 PM

classic JB, completely missing what's going on. even a nub lurker like myself can understand what's happening better than you. Apart from GG already being reset (and BCX losing his mass of GG in the process), of course doublec isnt going to start up a new exchange while he's currently shutting his other ones down...

I often wonder how such a good idea attracted so many dumb people.

Tips: 1xzionJBueq1AkPSmexA7suWkztAkNwSs
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 03:18:14 PM

Joules, I get you're upset with BitX/GG/Whoever, but really lets try to keep it civil around here.  If you got a problem with someone and you have to let them know, send a PM or something.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 05:23:45 PM

To resolve this I say bitcoin express pledges X amount of coins go to a charity.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
Lumpy

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 05:39:08 PM

4) I started like anyone else with no advantage

This is all there is to it. Anyone who has been interested in and following GG could have started immediately after the reset.
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2011, 07:38:59 PM

I think it would be wise for any alternative block-chain to discourage creation of exchanges for at least a month or three to get the bugs out.

That should also help build trust that the alternative chain developers/promoters aren't just trying to make some quick BTC.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 07:46:34 PM

I think it would be wise for any alternative block-chain to discourage creation of exchanges for at least a month or three to get the bugs out.

That should also help build trust that the alternative chain developers/promoters aren't just trying to make some quick BTC.

How does developer premining 7million coins fit into your proposal?
Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 07:55:29 PM

I bet you would Gavin, it will cause an increase in BTC price, which suits me just fine as I have a hella lot more BTC than any other chain.

Sucks to be you with the btc price dropping.
Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:00:03 PM

I bet you would Gavin, it will cause an increase in BTC price, which suits me just fine as I have a hella lot more BTC than any other chain.

Sucks to be you with the btc price dropping.

Not not really, the argument over who was the first to GPU mine is a toss up between ArtForz and myself. I mined tens of thousands when they were woth only $0.05 per BTC, I'm still in the profit zone quite a bit.  Grin

Well losing potential profit and selling at $10 instead of $2 is a huge loss. When did you start mining and with how much GH/s?
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:02:45 PM

You're too much of a businessperson, Cosby Wink

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:03:50 PM

You're too much of a businessperson, Cosby Wink

Grin Who says there is a limit of how much business-like you can be?
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:16:43 PM

Hah, gotta be quicker to the draw

~45m.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:24:01 PM

@Cosby

Who says I'm selling at $10,9 or $2?Huh

Bitcoin has been self sufficient for me, it has paid for it's self including the building of my current rig farm and everything needed to keep it running. I started CPU mining in Nov 2009. Real money didn't start flowing until March 2011 though and June was a huge boom.

Bitcoin could cease to exist and I still wouldn't loose any money or sleep, so the answer to your question again is....

No I am not worried about the BTC falling price.

How much GH/s did you start with?
Sekioh

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:31:41 PM

It really shouldn't matter either way, an exchange would be good to shift money between coins, if everyone knows he mined a fuckton, then the price will be like 0.000001 just like them other forks with large premined or held coins.

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
Cosbycoin

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:33:11 PM

It really shouldn't matter either way, an exchange would be good to shift money between coins, if everyone knows he mined a fuckton, then the price will be like 0.000001 just like them other forks with large premined or held coins.

People need to get their facts straight. We restarted GG. The exploits he used in the first run of GG have been fixed. BCX is legit this time on the GG network.
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:46:35 PM

Actually, there is, as far as I know, no indication that the amount of coins hoarded by individuals affects the behavior of cryptocoin exchanges in any way (actual attempts to "crudely"  sell off huge hoards, off course, do)  - in fact, BTC has a fukton of coins hoarded, probably more than any other coin older than  6 months.

And, unless you believe in Strong Efficient Market Hypothesis, it really shouldn't.

Feed the Lolcust!
Sekioh

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:47:57 PM

People need to get their facts straight. We restarted GG. The exploits he used in the first run of GG have been fixed. BCX is legit this time on the GG network.

I know these facts quite well thank you, I said with theory if he did or still had a bunch with 'legitimate' mining, people would set the price accordingly.

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 08:53:31 PM

I know these facts quite well thank you, I said with theory if he did or still had a bunch with 'legitimate' mining, people would set the price accordingly.

Um, you seriously sound like a SEMH proponent now, no offense.

Feed the Lolcust!
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 12:16:14 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2011, 12:37:21 AM by caston

Started out like everybody else in 2009, with a CPU cranking out KH/s per sec not MH /s !!!

900 KH/s on a CPU

Sounds like a real rags to riches story and I'm very pleased for you. At the time I was running a LETS (part of the CES system) exchange and was interested in alternate currency I kind of knew about bitcoin but it got lost in list of all the other things that I knew about as well. I may have heard about it through openmoney.ning.com or something like that. Some girls had painted my van pink with house paint and I was working really hard trying to get all the pink off so I could put singage on my van to get more work for my call out computer repairs business. I had this nagging feeling the whole time that there was some kind of alternate currency that I should be getting instead of wasting my time trying to get the paint off my van. I didn't realise it was bitcoin though... I remember reading about how there was only going to be 21 million and I thought "that's not enough for all the worlds people" lol... ahhh well I've paid down half my debt by working in a shitty call centre job (which is ending soon) but there will be more opportunities in the future.

If i'd got into bitcoin early like you had i'd have paid down all my debts, bought (or more likely had a custom conversion) myself an electric car, and moved out of home possibly to house that I would have bought with bitcoin lol. Everything else would have gone to help build the rejuvepedia project but I had an idea for another project which I hope to launch soon. I tell myself that if I got rich from bitcoin I would have gone off in another direction and never the idea for this project and I think this project is going to change the world but its not about p2p currency its about open source wet ware and tissue engineering for the purpose of human rejuvenation.

I have a core concept and idea for a process that, although the biotech may be anything from 50-100 years away, (at least at current level of progress) will completely rejuvenate a human body in about 9 months.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: